✪ Kim So Hyun 김소현 ✪ [Drama 2023: My Lovely Liar], [Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy]

faye406

“[FEATURE] 5 Things We Loved About the Premiere of ‘River Where the Moon Rises’”

The highly anticipated Viu original drama River Where the Moon Rises starring Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo finally premiered last February 15 and its first two episodes definitely proved that it’s a sageuk worth tuning into!

The drama is adapted from a Korean folktale recorded in The History of the Three Kingdoms and is based on the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and her general, On Dal (Ji Soo). Following a tragic incident from her childhood, the story revolves around Pyeonggang’s quest to uncover dark and dangerous conspiracies in the kingdom.

Without further ado, here are five things that we loved about episodes one and two of River Where the Moon Rises. Minor spoilers ahead!

The Impressive Action Sequences

From its very first scene, River Where the Moon Rises immediately flexed its production value. Episode one opens with a beautiful shot of Pyeonggang looking badass on horseback as she rides into battle, praying for On Dal to wait for her. Kim demonstrates her action skills in the opening sequence, and we see more of this in episode two when she becomes a fully-fledged assassin. This drama is Kim’s first attempt at action in a historical drama and she did extensive research on both swordplay and stunt work. This goes to show that River Where the Moon Rises isn’t your typical sageuk. A princess wielding a sword and fighting against her enemies one-on-one? Sign us up!

Kim So Hyun’s Duality

Apart from playing a princess turned assassin, Kim also takes on the role of Queen Yeon, the mother of Pyeonggang. As Queen Yeon, Kim perfectly portrays a mother’s tender and protective side while also maintaining the regal aura expected of a queen. River Where the Moon Rises doesn’t seem to have a shortage of strong female characters as we see early on that Queen Yeon isn’t merely young and beautiful, but also intelligent and strong-willed. Queen Yeon has her share of action sequences in the latter part of the first episode, and from that we can tell who Pyeonggang takes after.

Ji Soo’s Sweet and Playful Character

Fondly called as the “nation’s second lead” because of his memorable supporting roles, Ji Soo finally takes centrestage in River Where the Moon Rises. He plays On Dal, the son of the chief of the Sunnobu tribe who shares the same tragic childhood as Pyeonggang. After the death of his father, On Dal lives as a recluse deep in the mountains where he meets Pyeonggang eight years after their separation.

In a recent interview, Ji Soo shared that he wanted to take on the role of On Dal because he found it interesting to act out a character that is a “gallant general” but at the same time so nice to the point that he is known as the “foolish On Dal”. He also described On Dal as a “young man with a pure and warm heart”. Ji Soo also commented that he relates to On Dal because of the character’s selflessness.

Indeed, On Dal’s kind and loving nature are evident in the first two episodes, and we can’t wait for more sweet scenes between him and Pyeonggang in future episodes!

Kang Ha Neul’s Powerful Cameo

Kang Ha Neul makes a special appearance in this drama as General On Hyeop, a charismatic leader and the father of On Dal. As the chief of the Sunnobu tribe and a general for Goguryeo, he is respected by the people. Despite having only a cameo in the first two episodes, Kang certainly made General On Hyeop as memorable as can be through his powerful portrayal of a stern but caring father and a steadfast general. This proves how Kang easily steals every scene he’s in and how effective he is as an actor.

The Intriguing Conspiracies

Of course, sageuks aren’t complete without scheming consorts and power-hungry leaders, and River Where the Moon Rises delivers. The story takes a lopsided turn when Jin Bi (played by Wang Bit Na), one of the king’s concubines, conspires with the cunning politician Gowon Pyo (played by Lee Hae Young) to assassinate Queen Yeon and Princess Pyeonggang and to dethrone the king. The conflict piles up when other secrets are revealed, including the mystery of Pyeonggang’s real father. We surely can’t wait for the plot to unravel further in the upcoming episodes!

River Where the Moon Rises can be streamed on the Viu app which can be downloaded for free on the App Store, Google Play Store, and selected smart TVs, as well as on Viu’s official website.

https://theseoulstory.com/feature-5-things-we-loved-about-the-premiere-of-river-where-the-moon-rises/

• Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Kim So Hyun

kim-so-hyun-facts-and-trivia-1613472104.jpg

"Doll-like" Kim So Hyun legit grew up in front of the camera because she's been acting since she was around seven years old. This young leading lady is super not shy during interviewsshe shares A LOT of personal stuff and we love it! We watched Kim So Hyun's interviews and *scoured* the internet for facts about her, so..

Here's everything you need to know about Kim So Hyun: 

1. Kim So Hyun's birthday is on June 4, 1999. 

The Gen-Z actress was reportedly born in Australia, and her family moved back to Korea before she was five years old. As of the writing of this article, Kim So Hyun is 21. 

2. She was a popular child actress before transitioning to leading lady roles. 

Soompi reports that Kim So Hyun got her first acting role in 2006 and "officially debuted as an actress" in 2008. She went on to play supporting charactersmostly the younger versions of female "villains"—in dramas such as Baker King (2010) Moon Embracing The Sun (2012), Rooftop Prince (2012), and I Hear Your Voice (2013).

Here are some stills of Kim So Hyun from a show called Hometown Legends (2008):

Spoiler

kim so hyun childhood

She officially became a leading lady in the teen drama Who Are You: School 2015! Her other notable dramas include Bring It On, Ghost (2016), The Tale Of Nokdu (2019), Love Alarm (it was released in 2019, and it's having a second season!), and River Where The Moon Rises (2021). 

kim so hyun actress roles

3. She learned how to handle a sword for River Where The Moon Rises

In her latest project, Kim So Hyun plays Pyeonggang, who was "born a princess but raised as a soldier" and the story follows "Pyeonggang's quest to uncover dark and dangerous conspiracies in the kingdom." Super cool, right?

For her role as a warrior princess, Kim So Hyun shared, "It felt foreign to me because it was my first time doing action scenes with a sword, so I watched a lot of action videos. I filmed while asking many questions and learning from the stunt actors. I studied hard on what I could do to portray my emotions better." The drama is currently available for streaming on Viu.

4. The character she's "most attached to" is Bo-kyung.

So Hyun shared in a 2018 interview: "The character that I played when I first started acting that people know me for, which in hindsight I could have done so much for, was Bo-kyung in Moon Embracing The Sun. I think I'm most attached to and thankful for that role." 

kim so hyun moon embracing the sun

5. Kim So Hyun loooves spending time alone.

She even had "watching movies at the theatre alone" as part of her bucket list! Kim So Hyun was able to do it and according to her, it sounds awesome! "On days of rest in between filming, I went to the movies alone. I've even watched three movies in one day. I ate popcorn by myself too and it was really healing," she shared. "I regularly enjoy spending time alone. Being alone at the theatre gave me waiting time and time to think by myself after the movie, which felt like recharging. It's a different kind of joy from being with others." (Via Soompi)

6. She's never been in a relationship. 

"I've never dated anyone before. When I say this, no one believes me. But I really never had a boyfriend before. Honestly, I'm now at the point where I want to say that I had one," Kim So Hyun said during a 2018 press conference. In 2019, Kim So Hyun also confessed that "she did feel slight regret about not dating during her school days while filming Love Alarm.It's 2021 though so the situation might have changed! 

She once admitted that she's had a one-sided crush before. In a fun game with her Love Alarm co-stars, Kim So Hyun elaborated: "I think it's not good for me, so I try to avoid developing any one-sided crushes." 

7. If the Love Alarm app existed IRL, she wouldn't download it!

Kim So Hyun told Cosmo.ph: "Because when you are checking your app constantly, you might get too caught up in the application rather than expressing your feelings yourself. So I won't use it." WISE WORDS! 

8. She's a college student at Hanyang University. 

According to Soompi, Kim So Hyun was admitted to the university in 2018. The school's alumni and current students include many other K-drama stars such as Jang Dong Yoon and Jung Da Bin.

9. Does Kim So Hyun have a twin? 

Weirdly, it's one question we always see on Google. The answer is...no, she doesn't! But she did play dual roles as twins in the K-drama Who Are You: School 2015. In a 2019 interview with Netflix, Kim So Hyun shared: "I played the main character as well as a double role for the first time. I wonder if I could act out the characters better if I did it again with what I know now." 

10. Kim So Hyun's Instagram account username is @wow_kimsohyun.

She's pretty active on the platform, too! At present, her IG account has more than a thousand posts and 10.2 million followers. There, we often see behind-the-scenes photos from her acting projects and adorable snaps of her furbaby. 

11. She says acting in modern dramas (compared to historical ones) is easier for her...and it's because of the costumes! 

"When I act in modern dramas, I have bags or at least pockets in my jackets," she said in an interview with KBS World. I feel comfortable with my hand gestures and actions. But when I wear a hanbok, there are no such things. So it's somewhat awkward, there's nothing to hold, so I hold my skirt. I think modern dramas are easier because it's similar to my daily life." She added that in the future, she wants to play "a pickpocket." 

12. Kim So Hyun has won many acting awards! 

She won the Female Excellence Award For A Miniseries at the 2019 KBS Drama Awards. Her role in Moon Embracing The Sun also landed her a Best Young Actress award in 2012. 

13. What are her personal methods for ~getting into character~? 

"Most importantly, I try not to rush myself," she tells Netflix. "The moment I think I should do this quickly now, I cannot concentrate at all. Say, the moment I think, 'I'm not tearing up. What should I do?' Then I can't tear up at all. So I just try to take it easy and laugh it off if anything. I maintain my usual composure and just try to get into the character at that moment. I try not to think too much or burden myself, but rather empty my mind instead." 

14. She wants to be remembered as a "comfortable" actor. 

The actress said in an interview: "I want to be remembered as an actor who you want to see on screen for a long time, whom you can feel comfortable watching, like a friend or a neighbor, depending on the role. I want to be a 'comfortable' actor."

15. Kim So Hyun celebrated her 10th year in the industry by writing a heartwarming letter to her fans. 

In 2018, she took to Instagram to share a photo of the handwritten letter, and part of the English translation reads: "When I think back to when I was ten years old, shooting Korean Ghost Stories; Child, Let's Go To The Green Mountain, I remember how exciting the set was and how everything was just so much fun. Now that I have grown up in body and in mind, I realize how much of a lucky person I've been. Just being able to do what I love is fantastic enough, but to be able to do it surrounded by such great people and with the support of such wonderful fans is amazing and makes me so thankful!"

"But I've only just begun! From twenty until I'm thirty or forty, I promise to keep doing my best! I wish nothing but happiness for those of you that love and support me and are with me on this journey! From now on I will make every effort to become an actress and person that you can be proud of." 

We're sooo excited about your future projects, Kim So Hyun! 

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/kim-so-hyun-facts-trivia-a2520-20210220-lfrm?utm_source=Twitter-Cosmo&utm_medium=Ownshare&utm_campaign=20210220-twnp-entertainment-kim-so-hyun-facts-trivia-a2520-20210220-lfrm-twfirst

• Blob 2

‘Love Alarm’ season 2 confirmed to be coming in March

The second season of Korean drama “Love Alarm” is finally set to premiere on Netflix on March 12!

The announcement was made on Netflix Korea’s Instagram account on Valentine’s Day. A preview of the series can also be seen in the Netflix application’s Coming Soon tab.

“On Valentine’s Day, we weren’t sure what to give you, so we brought you this. Like a present, the second season of ‘Love Alarm’ is coming to you. On March 12, come face to face with Netflix,” they wrote in the caption in Korean.

The photos showed Kim So Hyun, who plays the role of Kim Jo Jo, facing her two main leads Song Kang as Hwang Sun Oh and Jung Ga Ram playing Lee Hye Yeong.

“Love Alarm” is a romance drama set in an alternate world wherein an application alerts people if someone within a 10-meter radius likes them.

The first season narrated their lives as they walk through a world where love can only be expressed through an app.

The second season was first confirmed in October 2019 through Netflix’s social media accounts. — Franchesca Viernes/LA, GMA News

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/lifestyle/hobbiesandactivities/775976/love-alarm-season-2-confirmed-to-be-coming-in-march/story/

• Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

there is so many talented Oris :)

91-CF1-BA4-8825-4-E11-8996-5-BAD93-DCD2-

Kim So-hyun trapped in a prison in the'River River'

In'River River', Kim So-hyun was locked in prison. 

KBS 2TV's Monday and Tuesday drama ``The Moon Rising River'' is a reinterpretation of the story of Princess Pyeonggang and General Ondal in the Goguryeo folktale. From the first week of broadcasting, it has taken the throne of the Monday and Tuesday drama by sweeping high audience ratings and topicality. 

In the last broadcast, the process of Pyeonggang, who has lost his memory and lives as Gajin Yeom (played by Kim So-hyun), is entangled with Ondal (played by Ji Soo). In addition, Gajin Yeom learns that there is a secret to her birth, and foretells a new storm, making the third episode more awaited. 

In the midst of this, the'River River' side unveiled a new still cut that gives a glimpse into the third episode on February 21st. In episode 2, Gajin Yeom decided to leave the village where Ondal lives and return to Cheonjubang. However, Gajin Yeom in the released photo is arousing curiosity because she is trapped in a dark prison. 

In addition, the appearance of Ondal, Tara-jin (played by Kim Hee-jeong), Tara-san (played by Ryu Eui-hyun), and his father Yeom-deuk (played by Jeong Eun-pyo), as well as his brother and sister, are attracting attention. What happened to Gajin Yeom who headed to the Heavenly Kitchen? Can Ondal, Tarazin, Tarasan, and Yeomdeuk save cheap Gajin? I look forward to the 3rd episode of'River River' where all this will be revealed.

In this regard, the'moon rising river' side said, "In Episode 3, Gajin Yeom heads to Heaven to find out her identity. This is a turning point for Gajin Cheap and the life of Pyeonggang." "I hope you can wait for the 3rd broadcast, wondering what will happen to you, and how Ondal was able to find the cheapness again." (KBS Media Park 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

7 minutes ago, elan1 said:
there is so many talented Oris :)

This one is made by Hyejinyang. The webtoon author of tton. Always supportive TTON fam.:wub:

It’s hard to post the new Soompi article, so many gifs. I’ll wait for you or @Breeze :D

• Shocked 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

40 minutes ago, yeli said:

This one is made by Hyejinyang. The webtoon author of tton. Always supportive TTON fam.:wub:

It’s hard to post the new Soompi article, so many gifs. I’ll wait for you or @Breeze :D

Omg I love how supportive webtoon artist of TTON is :heart:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1455028wpp/4-things-we-loved-1-thing-we-hated-about-the-premiere-of-river-where-the-moon-rises

4 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About The Premiere Of “River Where The Moon Rises”

KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises” has finally premiered, and it’s full of suspense, astonishing cinematography, political turmoil, and romance. It has all the best parts of a sageuk so far, and even better, it reunites Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo who formerly worked together on the 2016 K-drama “Page Turner.”

“River Where the Moon Rises” takes a new twist on the classic Goguryeo folk tale about Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (Ji Soo). Although she is born into royalty, Princess Pyeonggang gets separated from the palace and has lived her life as Yeom Ga Jin, a fierce warrior with impressive and lethal fighting skills. She coincidentally runs into the naive and honest On Dal, and the pair fall in love. The drama follows the lengths they will go to protect their love no matter what their fates hold for them.

The first two episodes had so many great moments and definitely delivered on its promise to excite viewers with both action and romance. Here are the things we loved and hated about the premiere.

Warning: Spoilers for the premiere episodes below. 

LOVED: Kang Ha Neul’s cameo as general On Hyup

Cameos in historical dramas always leave a lasting impression on the viewer and the overall plot. Without a doubt, Kang Ha Neul’s cameo as On Dal’s father, general On Hyup, was a highlight of the premiere episodes. From disciplining On Dal for stealing his sword to defending the people of his village, his character is strong and admirable. His most poignant scene is when he speaks to a young On Dal (played by Seo Dong Hyun) after he takes the blame for killing the Queen (also played by Kim So Hyun) so the people in the village wouldn’t be slaughtered.

Spoiler

seo-dong-hyun-river-where-the-moon-rises

Spoiler

seo-dong-hyun-river-where-the-moon-rises

Spoiler

kang-ha-neul-river-where-the-moon-rises.

This scene, however heartbreaking, perfectly encapsulates why he’s a character to be admired. His act of bravery and leadership is something that will impact the rest of the drama, and most importantly, On Dal. Although On Dal is foolish, he has the same great traits — kindness and loyalty to name a couple — that we see in On Hyup’s short appearance. Kang Ha Neul effortlessly played the role with charisma, and his character will definitely be someone viewers will remember even at the end of the drama.

LOVED: Princess Pyeonggang’s/Yeom Ga Jin’s lethal nature

Pyeonggang’s strong will and action scenes were heavily anticipated leading into this drama, and they surely didn’t disappoint. After losing her mother and witnessing her father have a psychotic break, Pyeonggang collapses and suffers from amnesia. The drama reintroduces her as Yeom Ga Jin, a lethal warrior who leads a group of assassins to kill royals. She is absolutely striking as she swings into the palace and kills her first target.

Spoiler

kim-so-hyun-river-where-the-moon-rises5.

Spoiler

river-where-the-moon-rises.gif

Spoiler

kim-so-hyun-river-where-the-moon-rises6.

Spoiler

kim-so-hyun-river-where-the-moon-rises7.

kim-so-hyun-river-where-the-moon-rises-8

The way she boldly proclaims that she will drink his blood before delivering her final blow is ruthless. Kim So Hyun has fully embraced her role and pulls off the attitude of a killer with ease. Truly, there is nothing sexier than a woman unafraid to use her sword.

LOVED: On Dal’s foolish charm and chemistry with Pyeonggang

Complementing Pyeonggang’s prickly nature is On Dal. Ji Soo absolutely embodies his role as a capable but foolish boy who is just trying to stay alive. He shares quite a few heartwarming scenes with Pyeonggang, but his adorable charms really stand out when Pyeonggang disarms him as he comes to bring her breakfast.

Spoiler

kim-so-hyun-ji-soo-river-where-the-moon-

thingskateknows

Spoiler

ji-soo-river-where-the-moon-rises.gif

thingskateknows

Spoiler

kim-so-hyun-ji-soo-river-where-the-moon-

thingskateknows

The way he laughs and smiles at Pyeonggang even though she could have killed him is truly peak himbo-ism at its finest. You can’t help but fall for him right alongside Pyeonggang. As a bonus, their bickering only intensifies when she falls into one of his traps later on in the episode.

Spoiler

ji-soo-river-where-the-moon-rises5.gif

mostlyfate

Spoiler

kim-so-hyun-river-where-the-moon-rises4.

mostlyfate

Their dynamic is quite similar to their roles in “Page Turner” and viewers can really feel their awesome chemistry. It will be exciting to see how Ji Soo continues to portray On Dal as he becomes an admirable general alongside Pyeonggang.

LOVED: Go Geon being a good second lead so far

Second leads in K-dramas can crush our hearts in both good and awful ways. In historical dramas, the second leads tend to be a little more conniving than their male lead counterparts. However, Go Geon (Lee Ji Hoon) seems to be breaking this stereotype. This is clearly depicted in the scene where he speaks with his father (Lee Hae Young) about the assassination attempt on the king.

Spoiler

lee-hae-young-river-where-the-moon-rises

Spoiler

lee-ji-hoon-river-where-the-moon-rises1.

Spoiler

lee-ji-hoon-river-where-the-moon-rises2.

Spoiler

lee-ji-hoon-river-where-the-moon-rises3.

This scene was really enjoyable because he clearly knows and understands that his father is wrong. It will be interesting to see whether he bends towards his father’s will as the drama continues, or if he will help fight against him. Here’s to hoping it’s the latter.

HATED: On Dal dying in Pyeonggang’s arms?

At the start of the first episode, our leading couple’s promise of a happily-ever-after already seems to be in shambles. Pyeonggang impressively rides and fights across the battlefield to find On Dal, who is gravely injured before she arrives. The two share some deeply romantic words and kiss; however, it’s unclear whether or not On Dal has succumbed to his injury.

Spoiler

ji-soo-river-where-the-moon-rises2.gif

thingskateknows

Spoiler

ji-soo-river-where-the-moon-rises3.gif

thingskateknows

Spoiler

kim-so-hyun-river-where-the-moon-rises2.

thingskateknows

While this may seem like a given that it is a sageuk, and On Dal does die in the myth the drama is based on…it still hurts to see yet another character of Ji Soo’s possibly have a tragic ending. It’s impressive that he’s taking on and perfectly expressing such interesting roles, but my heart aches thinking about this drama potentially concluding with a super sad ending. Let’s hope it proves otherwise!

• Blob 2

Sohyun's fans sent coffee truck

Ji Soo Comes To Kim So Hyun’s Rescue In “River Where The Moon Rises”

KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises” shared new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” is a new drama that retells the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (played by Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (played by Ji Soo).

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Pyeonggang became involved with On Dal while she was living as the assassin Yeom Ga Jin, and she also learned that there was a secret behind her birth. Although Yeom Ga Jin had made up her mind to leave On Dal’s village, new stills show her trapped in a dark prison cell. In another still, On Dal stands under the stone archway as if he is gazing at her.

Resim

The twins Tarajin (Kim Hee Jung) and Tarasan (Ryu Ui Hyun), along with Yeom Ga Jin’s father Yeom Deuk (Jung Eun Pyo), are also attempting to rescue Yeom Ga Jin, and their faces wear various looks of surprise and determination.

The drama’s production team commented, “The third episode will follow Yeom Ga Jin as she sets out to figure out her identity. This will become a huge turning point in the life of Yeom Ga Jin, as well as Pyeonggang.”

To find out what happens to Yeom Ga Jin and whether or not On Dal will be able to rescue her, tune in to the third episode of “River Where the Moon Rises,” which airs on February 22 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1455461wpp/ji-soo-comes-to-kim-so-hyuns-rescue-in-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

The Princess And The Fool Defy Destiny In ‘River Where The Moon Rises’

Behind every great man there’s a great woman or so the saying goes. While that saying might not always be accurate, it does hold true in the folk tale Princess Pyeonggang and On Dal. According to the folk tale, written in the 12th century Samguk Sagi or The History of the Three Kingdoms of Korea, the princess cried so much that her father King Pyeongwon threatened to marry her to the fool On Dal. She might have been crying because her father was choosing a husband for her, without her input, but that’s generally how most princesses married in those days. Still, she found a clever way to defy him. She decided to call his bluff and marry On Dal, then she helped On Dal to become an acclaimed general.

Almost a thousand years later that folk tale inspired the 2010 Korean novel Princess Pyeonggang by screenwriter Choi Sagyu and the KBS2 drama River Where The Moon Rises, starring Kim So-Hyun and Ji-soo.

The River Where The Moon Rises is set in 6th century Goguryeo, a Korean kingdom located in the northern and central parts of the Korean Peninsula and the southern and central parts of Manchuria. The drama’s complicated first episode starts with a young princess wanting to learn sword fighting skills so she can one day rule her country. Instead, political scheming and a murderous plot forces her into hiding.

Princess Pyeonggang wanted to learn battle skills so she could rule her country.

Kim has more than one role in the drama. In the opening episode she plays Princess Pyeonggang’s mother, Queen Yeom, then she plays the princess, who for a while assumes the name Yeom Ga-jin. When the princess suffers the trauma of losing her mother, she also loses her memories of the palace. She becomes the very effective assassin Ga-jin, who despite her martial skills, has no taste for killing. Ga-jin can end her time as an assassin if she accomplishes one more assassination, but that attempt will lead her to the palace she once called home. 

It will also lead her to On Dal, the son of the brave general who defended her mother. On Dal is a hulk of a man, who relies on his physical strength to survive rather than his cunning, but he has long underestimated his own abilities. In the folk tale, the princess uses her ingenuity to help On Dal’s family become successful and to help him become a great general. In River Where The Moon Rises the warrior princess and On Dal will battle together to change destiny.

River Where The Moon Rises is an enjoyable tale for k-drama fans who like historical fiction, tales of warrior princesses and characters who defy expectations. The drama is also notable because it is set in the Goguryeo era, which has less frequently inspired historical Korean dramas than subsequent historical periods.

Lee Ji-hoon plays Go Geon, a general who loves the princess, and Choi Yu-hwa plays Hae Mo-yong, a woman who wants to control Goguryeo. The leading roles taken by Kim and Ji Soo were originally offered to actors Son Ye-jin and Kang Ha-neul. Neither could accept the offer, although Kang does appear in the limited and intense role of On Dal’s father, the general On-hyeop.

Ji Soo previously appeared in When I Was Most Beautiful and Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. Kim was last seen in The Tale of Nokdu and the first season of Love Alarm. The drama is directed by Yoon Sang-ho, who also directed the historical k-drama Saimdang: Memoir of Colors.

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

VC ig uptade (cr:wowhellosohyun)

Resim

Choi Yuhwa ig uptade

Resim

And Sohyun ig uptade

Resim

[IG/ENG] 210221 Kim Sohyun(wow_kimsohyun) posted: "Thank you for letting me have a happy and enjoyable day today.

I will do my best for the remaining filming as well!!"

Wohyuk Son ig uptade

Spoiler

Resim

Sohyun's manager ig uptade

Spoiler

Resim

• Wiggle 2

Ac extra's word for Sohyun :

An extra thank kshdcgall for the coffee truck sent bc she had some churros and coffee. She mentioned that sso is really kind. As soon as she came on site, she greets all the staffs & she also greets even to an extra like her/him wic is smth she doesnt have to do

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1