[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

THE JOSEON FASHION SHOW-JANG OK JUNG EDITION PART 3
5) THE HOTHOUSE GOWNJOJ's hair is yet again arranged into daenggi meori hairstyle designated specifically for young and unmarried girls. It is adjusted into a braid adorned by a red daenggi (ribbon) that matches her chima with a purple baetssi daenggi placed on top of her head (a variation of cheopji for unmarried women). The whole attire is accompanied by a brown jangot (overcoat for women to cover their faces in front of foreign man) which JOJ doesn't actually wear. The chima made of radiant red is again in perfect contrast with the deep magenta jeogori which is adorned by an outline flower embroidery adding to the simple elegance of her hanbok which is in a stark contrast to the fussy gown of DP's fiance. The upper garment is a beautifully designed piece of clothing consisting of many intricate details - The front flaps are bound together by a distinctive otgoreum made of green fabric, an opulent norigae (hanbok pendant) with a dongjeong (white removable collar) and golden-brown kutdongs (end sleeves) prove JOJ to be the best fashion designer in the capital yet again and it's no wonder she chose this hanbok to placate her customers after the disasterous fashion show - how better to promote her work than to promote it herself.
28985_600.jpg

31463_600.jpg32165_600.jpg6806_600.jpg29273_600.jpg36977_600.png

35933_600.png6) THE VIOLET FASHION SHOW GOWNThe dress that we see JOJ wearing during the infamous fashion show. However, before Lady Jo went postal she was enjoying a glorious success, so let's intoduce the gown that the Joseon Stella McCartney wore on the catwalk. The attire is crowned by a simplified daenggi meori  hairstyle adorned only by a golden-black daenggi (ribbon) and a single but prominent and gorgeous flowery dwikkoji (smaller hairpin). The black chima with a single golden strip perfectly suits the heavy embroidered jeogori of deep violet. The unusual two-coloured otgoreum together with the elegant norigae (hanbok pendant) decorates the garment just as the dongjeong (white removable collar) and kutdongs (end sleeves). JOJ opts for a lilac female durumagi (an overcoat) bound by a black jaejodae (a cord tied around the waist) to complete the look at the end of the fashion show, however, the overcoat JOJ is wearing must be some kind of fusion between the typical jangot and durumagi because unlike jangot the durumagi lacks an otgoreum therefore the waistband is needed to hold the it together but JOJ's creation has both  :-??  .The combination is more typical for men's clothes but JOJ isn't afraid to experiment with novel ideas which is one of the many reasons why she become so popular with the upper class of the Josen society.33101_600.jpg

34052_600.jpg34502_600.jpg30767_600.png32864_600.jpg30714_600.png35550_600.png

33915_600.jpgFew examples of the traditional Korean overcoats:

2008_08mywedding01_azzu_v.jpg4789085747_e13b4dbf43.jpg220px-Korean_clothing-Jangot-01.jpgwoman_jangot.jpg

Coming up next: THE ROYAL WEDDING SPECIAL EDITIONPrevious editions: JOJ EDITION PART 1http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25850060/#Comment_25850060JOJ EDITION PART 2 http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25852587LEE SOON EDITION PART 1http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25854875/#Comment_25854875
Sources: Blog Naver, SBS official website, google images, www.han-style.com, thetalkingcupboard.wordpress.com, http://eng.expo2012.kr, Baidu forums, wikipedia

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xianzhongfan

@pelicancharm and @uburoi, thank you so much. Seems the team has got good chemistry with each other. Did anyone notice when KTH mentioned cos she cant cook much n living alone, she needs a man who can cook well, and YAI nodding away since he is known to be a good cook!! But of course he wouldnt dare go up against Raun sunbaenim.

Guest superweirdme

tessieroo said: @pelicancharm - I totally agree, the chemistry between KTH and YAI is amazing. I never would have suspected if I hadn't seen/felt it with my own eyes.  :-O  Anyone besides me a bit shocked that Prince Dongpyung felt the need to pee outside? (and the PD felt the need to show it?) LMAO
I love this show, EP 5 was awesome. I can't wait for next week! 

Guest kaeruchan

Found this interesting piece of story about Choi Sukbin while looking for information about court ladies. Considering the article is featured on Kyungbok National University's online magazine, it's probably close to the history^^

SPOILER!
The main character is Suk-bin Choe (Lady Choe). In the beginning, she was a musuri, belonging to the lowest social position, cheonmin. But she finally becomes Queen and the mother of Yeongjo, who was the 21st king in the Joseon dynasty. How can this be possible? At that time, the king was Sukjong, the 19th king, and he was attracted to Hui-bin Jang Ok-jeong (Jang Hui-bin), who was one of the concubines. She gave birth to a baby boy, which made her more powerful than ever because Sukjong"s second Queen Consort Inhyeon could not bear a baby boy. The king was so pleased that he did everything that Jang Hui-bin wanted. Consequently, she became the 3rd Queen Consort while Inhyeon and her family were forced into exile. At that time, Lady Choe attended on Queen Inhyeon. She admired Queen Inhyeon and one evening she prepared the breakfast for her birthday. While Suk-bin Choe was preparing the meal, the king saw her by chance and asked her whether it was right or not to depose Inhyeon. She, without saying anything, showed a portrait of Queen Inhyeon that Jang Hui-bin had shot arrows into to spell her death. Shocked by the picture, he kept a certain distance from Jang Hui-bin and became closer to Lady Choe. In the end, Lady Choe bore his baby and Queen Inhyeon was brought back to the palace and was reinstated as Queen Consort. Lady Choe and Queen Inhyeon united against Jang Hui-bin, but soon queen Inhyeon died. Lady Choe was worried about her position because Jang Hui-bin was still the mother of the next king. Thus, she, in advance, told the king that the cause of queen Inhyeon’s passing away was the curse by Jang Hui-bin. She was finally sentenced to death by poisoning.

http://www.knutimes.com/news/article.html?no=1245

I'm anticipating how they will paint Sukbin's character in this drama. Can't wait for her appearance!

Jae Hee's smile made my day. I want to see CS as soon as possible!

Guest xianzhongfan

@pelicancharm - I totally agree, the chemistry between KTH and YAI is amazing. I never would have suspected if I hadn't seen/felt it with my own eyes.  :-O  Anyone besides me a bit shocked that Prince Dongpyung felt the need to pee outside? (and the PD felt the need to show it?) LMAO

I love this show, EP 5 was awesome. I can't wait for next week! 

@tessieroo, from what i understand fm the subs, DP told JH "it seems you hv something to tell me, and since you have seen 'everything' (when he took off pants to pee) then you can tell me everything". Thus i think the writer wrote that scene with a purpose.

Guest xianzhongfan

@tessieroo, I wrote in my previous post which disappeared, that I saw in the subs DP told JH "it seems you have something to tell me. since you have seen 'everything' (when he took off his pants to pee), then you should tell me everything." So i think the writer wrote the scene with this purpose.

Archived