[Drama 2013] Jang Ok Jung 장옥정, 사랑에 살다

jerebtang

@briseis - thanks again! I always click the awesome but forgot to say something in my posts. Interesting info!
@ all the recaps and live recaps and screencaps posters - thank you!!! I never do screen caps, but all of you guys' posts are beautiful.
In another life, I think OJ and SJ/LS could have been really happy together - in one of those lovey-dovey soulmate, childhood first love kind of stories. But clearly, not in this lifetime. I am just trying to savor all the good moments that they have together.

I'm certain once SB/DY shows up, it's going to nothing but heartache and heartbreak. I highly blame SJ for that... he certainly didn't have to fall in love with SB either or take her in a concubine right? It's not like she was of high birth and had a lot of backers either. I may be blasted for this but I don't believe for a second that SB was some perfect angel, out of all the other women ever in the palace, that there could be a perfect angel like that. King Yeongjo (SJ and SB's son) really revered his mom as any son should. But seriously, even he killed his own son (the crown prince) and cruelly too, in some minister/ political battle as I recall. I doubt that OJ's pure evil seducetress was that black and white either. (ah! I am getting influenced by KTH's performance and feeling sympathetic toward JOJ). A gravely unfortunately chain reaction of events leading to a sad loss of life. I do believe that there are some people out there that are pure evil so it's not impossible. But I find it a little hard for her to be completely evil without having been provoked. Although that does not excuse her from doing bad things. In any case, I'd like to see more rewriting of history beyond that her occupation was a seamstress. I feel like besides some details, everything still kinda follows history - the deaths, the demotions etc etc. If our OTP didn't have this much chemistry together, I would find it hard to ship them at all. It's only going to lead to nothing but prolonged pain and death. CS is the better choice!! (I hope). I hope he appears soon. OJ need some sort of balance in her life. Other than her own hope and will, she seems to have next to nothing going for her. She makes choices but all the choices given to her are terrible, so it's a lesser of two evils choice - just like LS/SJ has to make. There is really no one else looking out for her. Everyone is motivated by something else.
If only, in another lifetime... they could have been free from all these palace politics.

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

\m/ MGIAG HOMAGE \m/ !!!
tumblr_llj76oWD1k1qic2ej.gif60276_600.gif
I remember someone here wondered why DP felt the need to "relieve" himself outside. Well, that's the answer :D
tumblr_llmowomvDb1qh1mo5o1_1280.jpg60511_600.png

tumblr_llmwf7RYJt1qh1mo5o1_1280.jpgGumiho3.PNG

The PD directed MGIAG (probably one of the exclusive group of drama that have ever deserved the label perfect) and also cast some of his favourite actors in JOJ, Sung Dong Il (the director Ban Doo Hong) is one of them together with Yoon Yoo Sun who played JOJ's teacher (DW's aunt and future wife of BDH :D )
I think both actors were enjoying the filming of that scene very much, probably had a ton of fun :)) . When DP's started his little speech of the benefits of "relieveing" himsef outside I was rolling on the floor with laughter =)).  And the way how  JH smiled - I suspect that  LSY and SDI were reacting as their true selves not acting at all. That mischievous smile on playing on SDI lips is saying: "You wish. You won't beat me, not in this lifetime." :-q59899_600.png58885_600.png

59919_600.png59395_600.png58495_600.png

I'm suprised that the Korean media didn't catch the not so suble hint at all - those know-it-all pseudo-experts  /:) I guess they have their hands full with dissing KTH's acting  8-|

Episode 5 gif recap

Warning GIF OVERLOAD
(I haven't done one in a while, so...it's kinda not very good)

Minister Min telling IH that they should frame IK

crazy.gif

IH not giving up

tumblr_lzns8uxNyE1r3zat8.gif
tumblr_m8amu0131r1qbz3bc.gif

OJ saying she will enter the palace as a servant instead of going to BS

tumblr_lrdtqwpEVs1r2fznqo1_400.gif

JH telling her she has to bare BS's seed

tumblr_lt6grpbhzm1qiijpmo1_500.gif

The servants giving SJ instructions on how to 'bed' his new wife

tumblr_mc2dr4FR5U1r79k9c.gif

SJ thinking about OJ while taking off IK hat thingy

tumblr_lpvzkuVYOS1qgi9do.gif

SJ's unich comes running in

tumblr_m374liaiLy1ro0on0o1_500.gif

The king is very ill

sad_face.gif

The small richard simmons fight in the hall between the ministers

tumblr_m7ukcrrlf31ranhnao1_500.gif

Everytime I hear the Dowager Queen's voice

tumblr_inline_mknj1lAJQA1qz4rgp.gif

The king dying

tumblr_m37yg61EuP1qmr8zj.gif

SJ telling his father he will get revenge for him

wait_what.gif

Min refusing to resign

kingsleybitch.gif

SJ forcing Min out using his father in law

tumblr_lfgy7a5zYI1qbovy7.gif

SJ's becomes king

aa8f1769if-too-sexy.gif?w=280&h=164

The Dowager queen opens her big effin mouth again

tumblr_lkmq9wGpmW1qb84lwo1_500.gif

JH OJ's Mom is dressing the master of the house

tumblr_ln8atwazFI1qcys4g.gif

My other least favorite character makes her appearance

tumblr_mcod9jjlwg1qeam3v.gif

(This b*tches voice is as ugly as her face)

OJ's mom is beaten

tumblr_lqcrrvp8G01qj0a6g.gif

OJ protects her mother

tumblr_lsm0lnVFw21qbyfs4.gif

The master of the house just standing and watching all this transpire

tumblr_loyingBzZg1qle72zo1_500.gif
Dd4p7.gif

Realizing Minister Heo is the same as Minister Min

Shakehead.gif

BS deciding he is going to kill the king

tumblr_lyyd9xVq551rn95k2o1_500.gif

The Dowager queen makes another appearance
tumblr_m7eq4t1nb31rziwwco1_1280.gif

The richard simmons fight in the yard

tumblr_lldlblrmOd1qclvq3.gif

That granny that's around the palace, never had a child

tumblr_m5zd4sLMDu1rsj9hco1_500.gif

OJ deciding she is going to runaway with her mother

tumblr_lqs0lrkm4F1r21cyxo2_500.gif

SJ being Sliced and diced by assassins

tumblr_inline_mity9zDlE01qz4rgp.gif

SJ doing some kick a** moves and defending himself against his attacker

tumblr_lzd6sbn8x51qcjokg.gif

SJ falling from his wounds

135327537354.gif

OJ and her mother coming across SJ

000928dz.gif

OJ remembering SJ's words about never loving someone from a low class

tumblr_m63qvzMqX81r3zat8.gif

DP drinking tea with BS

tumblr_ls6hxnVSJn1qj6vzg.gif

DP knows BS is the one that tried to have SJ killed

YES_YES_YES.gif

OJ thinking about her encounters with SJ

36530-Ryan-Stiles-love-it-gif-DG7r.gif

OJ making clothes for SJ

That-was-adorable.gif

SJ suggesting OJ approaches him purposely

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxiZSN7Np_QnEeyUJ9nIaimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxiZSN7Np_QnEeyUJ9nIaGary-Busey-Gif.gif

The richard simmons is on the screen again

when-you-touch-the-bathroom-door-knob-an

OJ leaving her mother behind to go and look for SJ

Walter-White-Oh-God-Drives-Car-Away-Brea

SJ asking OJ to come with him to where he lives

tumblr_m3kfd4Y52I1qe6l6n.gif

OJ says no

tumblr_li5u588GQY1qgec4oo1_500.gif

SJ says even if I beg?

tumblr_m9bolnsMxi1qbya8j.gif

SJ tells her his name

tumblr_inline_mju2y5jo1c1qz4rgp.gif

~END~

Overall feelings

tumblr_meubyoKyOM1rr429o.gif

Guest livon123

Those pics of Jae Hee/CS does puzzle me, he is suppose to be the richest merchant, I am guessing he isn't yet, he just came back then after OJ rejects him, or to protect OJ, he then raise to the richest merchant position?? haha, if he is a rich merchant right now, I don't see why he can't help OJ now.
I don't think they will show IK being pregnant, etc. Since she has small pox, the director probably just skip through this.

When this drama started to air I said that KTH's acting was pretty good and that she got better in every episode, after watching episode 6 several times I must admit that she's been improving by leaps and bounds  =D> .
In two scenes her performance touched me so much that my eyes got misty :-S : 1) When she collapses after her conversation with Minister Jo - KTH's portrayl of the absolute desolation and hopelessness JOJ is feeling in that moment was pitch perfect ^:)^
62240_600.png

61289_600.png61889_600.png61969_600.png

2) When she re-washes the laudry after she was bullied - That scene was both utterly romantic and heartbreaking. Cut off from her family, without any friends in the palace and receiving from all only disregard and contempt but still managing to find hope and strength to keep going in her memories and prospect of seeing Lee Soon again  :x . Loneliness, anguish, misery, heartache, hope - KTH expressed all those emotions without words and in my book she's become a Baeksang nomination worthy for her performance in episode 6 =D>64435_600.png

64575_600.png64975_600.png65298_600.png65970_600.png66241_600.png66497_600.png

66809_600.png66986_600.png67704_600.png

67430_600.png68001_600.png69594_600.png69790_600.png

69205_600.png

As soon as I'm free from work, I had to stop by and take a peek after these long 3 days. As I got on I saw this, "Apologies for the disappearing posts earlier in the day - it's been fixed. Another thing is that we know that people need time to mourn Jo In Sung dating Kim Min Hee, but please be respectful of celebrities' private lives, and please refrain from attacking them in any of their related threads."

I could care less about Jo In Sung and whoever Kim Min Hee is. They can date whomever is pleasing to them! We're all humans! Carry on! :)
I'm looking forward to some romantic developments between JOJ and LS!

People are so used in watching dramas wherein the female leads cry their hearts out when in anguish, freaking and shouting like mad when angry, and laughing out loud when happy.  I'm done with that.  They make me exhausted just seeing these overacting ladies.  Kim Tae Hae gives me a soothing feeling when she smiles, but breaks my heart, too, when she weeps.  When I look into her eyes, I can relate to the feelings she wants to emote. Not all actors can do that.  I think a real good performer should be like her.  Less words and actions but more on eye and facial expressions.  She's a perfect match with Yoo Ah In.  Their low-toned voice and eye expressions complement each other.

Here is DF's subtitle for episode 6:
http://pastebin.com/g5xDa3fH
But I've already finished watching ep6 in my mother language.

I wonder why Sukjong did not bring several royal officers to Heo Minister's birthday banquet. :-?
I don't think it's JH who warned SJ about the temptation.
He knew the details of that plan too late to arrange a maid.

Guest xianzhongfan

@vaiduakhu,if JH wasnt the one to warn LS, then ooooh, we have someone else playing double-sides here. That makes for more political intrigue.

By the way, keep the screencaps coming, they are really lovely. i love the cinematography as well. Just like in TWTWB where the PD likes to zoom into JIS and SHG's face, this PD does the same as well for KTH.

Archived