[Drama 2013] 7th Grade Civil Servant / Level 7 Civil Servant 7급 공무원

Guest sunshine4ever

Guest jjsweeter0211

I really love the movie version of this drama :x~ I'm very curious at how the drama version will turn out. Undeniably, the chemistry between the main couple will be a key of the success.I have few candidates in mind for this anticipated drama version ~ And I'm going to choose only the actresses who didn't decide on her next drama project. Some of them are currently filming drama ,however, Secret Lovers premieres on Jan 2013 so there shouldn't be a problem.1.  Song Ji Hyo 2. Han Hyo Joo 3. Lee Min Jung4. Moon Chae Won 5. Shin Min Ah6. Im Yoona7. Park Ha Seon

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest livon123

Hi I am new here, been a fan of Joo Won since Baker King. I am glad he is taking on a Romantic comedy. 
Although, this not a likely pairing, I don't think, but I would like Lee Yeon hee, to be the female lead, saw their MV, it was touching, lol notice my icon. I thought Yeon Hee did a pretty good job in GHOST, and could pull off the spy mature look, while remain young looking.
My second choices for female lead would be Song Ji Hyo, Park Ha Sun, Park Shin Hye, and Moon Chae Won, but she is still filming Nice Guy, so I don't think she will take another series immediately after that. 

So who is winning for lead female in this thread?

My choices: Kim So Eun, Jung So Min, Park Ha Sun, and Lee Si Young

@TonboTomoe Of the 4, I wld choose Lee Si Young as shez my 2nd choice aft YEH. Shez is a prof boxer who takes part in competitions when shez not filming. So will be a good match with cutie in filming the action scenes. She can act funny too fr wat i see in Wild Romance :)

I really hope they're going to cast a leading actress sooner than one month before the drama starts airing

I like Jung So Min too, she's a great actress, but isn't she too short for the role of super sexy secret agent?

@aisling dear, another candidate down :(( JSM has taken on another role.

http://koalasplayground.com/2012/09/23/sung-joon-and-jung-so-min-pair-up-for-new-drama-can-we-get-married-starring-lee-mi-sook/

-edit-

Same goes for my 2nd choice LSY

http://www.hancinema.net/eom-gi-joon-comes-back-with-the-story-as-a-detective-47692.html

Half of my wish list gone =(( my hope now on these 2:

3. Song Ji Hyo (the only female host on RM)

4. Choi Kang-hee (Protect the Boss)

Ive read Park Minyoung and Park Shin Hye's names floating around for the female lead . As much as I love Park Minyoung i think she's slated to have a movie and I'd love to see Shin Hye in a new tv drama next year. Well whoever is the final cast im looking forward for this show ^^

I don't recall reading this but if it's been translated before already then I'm really sorry!!!
Joo Won [26 years old], through KBS2's Baker King, Ojakgyo Brothers and the recently concluded drama Gaksital, proved once again that he was the "Ratings Man". 
jw4-1.jpg

Although Joo Won has said that in his debut drama Baker King, he was left with many regrets about his acting, through the movie Special Investigation Unit and drama Ojakgyo Brothers, Joo Won has grown to become an actor worth anticipating for.
Furthermore, Joo Won has firmly etched his name in the minds of the audience through the blockbuster drama Gaksital. Lee Kangto and Gaksital; Joo Won solely expressed with excellent control both characters who were the extreme of each other, delicately and flawlessly, thereby receiving praises from the audience. In every episode, one would be led to thinking "Ah, so he is an actor with such excellent acting skills."
This time round, Joo Won will meet with MBC's audience. Joo Won is slated to appear in  MBC's 20 episode drama Battle of the Secret Lovers, which has been fixed for a January 2013 airing. This drama is an adaptation of the movie Level 7 Civil Servant. The drama is a romantic comedy about a spy couple who hides their true identity from each other and at the same time illustrates about the love, friendship and internal department conflicts between the new generation of national intelligence agents. In the drama, while hiding their true identities from each other, the couple fall in love with each other. 
Joo Won's character Gil Ro is someone who as a child saw a Bond 007 movie and from them on grew up with the dream of becoming a spy and works very hard and give everything to achieve his goal. Because his father became rich overnight, he lived a luxurious and abundant life since young. Not only is he benevolent and merciful towards others, Gil Ro is also handsome and is someone who truly is "Gangnam Style". After he finally becomes a national intelligence agent, he fights hard to overcome all obstacles.  
However, Gil Ro is not a typical agent who posses wit, resourcefulness and experience. Gil ro is someone who possesses new age thinking and is very open minded. As a young agent, sometimes he will face setbacks, other times he will be frustrated and anxious and from there he will slowly mature. Joo Won will show you an agent which will be vastly different from past spy agents stereotypes
In an interview done after Gaksital concluded, Joo Won revealed "In the future I wish to take on a role that is closer to my actual age. Although I feel that rom-coms are the hardest to do, but if I don't do them at this age then when will I have to wait until? So no matter what the results are, I hope to challenge this genre for once." 
This time round, Joo Won will fulfil his wish for a rom-com. Already loving to aegyo and full of cuteness, will Joo Won be able to perfectly show off his own charms through this new drama? [YESS OF COURSE!] Or maybe he will once again improve on his acting skills? The audience are highly anticipating this drama, wondering if through The Battle of the Secret Lovers, Joo Won will once again prove himself to be worthy of the title "Ratings Man". 
Source: tvdailyChinese translations by 由米35 @ Joo Won Baidu TiebaEnglish Translation by mojobobo @ Soompi

Guest sunshine4ever

@mojobobo, thanks so much for the news translation. I haven't read anything like that. I'm going to cut parts of your news about Gil Ro for post 1. I hope we know about the female lead soon. It's going to be aired in January yet we don't have female lead how can they film? It's already mid-October.

Guest septmoon16

gosh so excited for this drama!

i really really hope they won't be doing live shoots - however i won't be holding my breath.

was at kcon on saturday where they had a producer from south korea fly over to give some insights behind kdramas. one of the panel questions was about why so many kdramas go with the live shoot system.

her answer: it isn't that they plan to go that route, however it has become an industry standard since it allows them to cater to the fanbase. for example if a character is not well received, that character's lines will immediately be reduced or vice verse. for some dramas they would shoot the night before/morning of, edit in the afternoon and broadcast it the same night. (that is insane) she mentions what a huge burden it is on the actors, and even more so on the directors and script writers. unfortunately, while many are calling for a change in the industry, she does not see it happening anytime soon.  :(

Guest septmoon16

forget the girls, this would be my dream pairing:

park ki woong opened up my eyes to how great a drama can be when you have a dynamic arc for the hero and his villain/bestie
yoo ah can definitely bring the angst. just think of the potential bromantic explosion.

yooahjoowon_zpsdb1d5a8a.jpg

Guest alysanne

@septmoon16:  Thanks for sharing about the live shoot system.  Yeah, that's pretty much what everyone says.  It's because they're soooo concerned about ratings.  I'd much rather have a writer stick to the story no matter how it's received (because we get better stories that way), but then I'm all for the artistic side and don't care about the business side.  LOL.

Guest septmoon16

alysanne said: @septmoon16:  Thanks for sharing about the live shoot system.  Yeah, that's pretty much what everyone says.  It's because they're soooo concerned about ratings.  I'd much rather have a writer stick to the story no matter how it's received (because we get better stories that way), but then I'm all for the artistic side and don't care about the business side.  LOL.

Guest alysanne

@septmoon16:  Oh, wow, 2 months for a Prison Break ep?  Wow.  And that's interesting because the Korean system is a bit similar to the US system in that shows are produced by independent companies and are then bought by networks for distribution.  However, it's rare for US networks to tell the production people to change stories.  Most of the time they either kill shows mid-season, or just don't renew it after the 1st season.  But we don't really get seasons for the Korean dramas, so I guess that's a different story.
In the end, it comes down to knowing your audience very well, I think.  What did they change in Nice Guy?  I'm curious.  (Sorry if we're diverting from Battle of Secret Lovers a little, folks. :)>-  )

Guest septmoon16

@alysanne: i'll send you a pm!

sorry folks, please resume secret lovers spazzing.

would love to hear who you guys think should play joo won's male opponent.

Archived