[Drama 2013] IRIS II 아이리스 II

apqaria

@chunnogirl33 now that's sad, cuz i remember how lonely i felt when i didn't have any JH fans around...my friends were like, why do u like him he's old and married! Duh, I like him because he's old and married and hot. But I do envy you that you're mom is a JH fan as well...my mom hates JH. No, I mean, I don't think she actually hates him, since she did watch about five of his dramas, but she pretends to hate him just because I like him. Anyways, if you ask me where to find them, I'll say DC JH gall, but then that's all Korean...You don't happen to be Chinese, right..? Cuz if you're a Chinese there's Baidu JH tieba. Or if you have a twitter account, you can always chat with me, I always love chatting about my hot ahjusshi.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to mention that 2 of our female leads are celebrating their birthday today :)
Happy Birthday to Dahae and ISH :x :x
How lovely that they both happen to have the same birthday, hope they get to celebrate together and with rest of cast at that wrapping party :))
And may be also had made a wish together to not get to do such drama in future and also that no one allow this writer to write a drama again :D

Finally finished watching the last 2 episodes, and I am sinned too. Because I actually got teary and emotional :\"> but of course laughed a lot as well :D
But I actually cried while watching that small BTS part at the end of the final episode. Because I really see how much our cast endured for this drama. So much hard work and many injuries and even risking their lives :((
Hope to see them doing great project next which I end up loving [-O<
Thanks to you all Chinggus and your insightful and hilarious comments that made my journey with this drama more bearable and enjoyable. Going to miss this thread and you all. Hope to see you all again with another drama and thread :x

Guest NEWMARIO

RATING EP20END

AGB

MIL - Nationwide 11.3%(-0.1) , Seoul : 12.3 % (+0.3)

Iris2 - Nationwide 10.4% (+0.7) ,Seoul 10.7%

All about my love - Nationwide N/A (>20),Seoul N/A (>20)

TNms

MIL - Nationwide10.2% (-0.9), Seoul 12.1% (-0.6)

Iris2 - Nationwide10.5%(+1.7), Seoul 11.4%(+2.2)

All about my love - Nationwide N/A (>20) Seoul N/A (>20)

Sources: TNmS Media Korea, AGB Nielsen Korea

CR:paninnuch@POPCORNFOR2

TQ very much chinggus for all the awesome, insightful, -ve, +ve comments. I think I like about this thread, there are no "OMG OMG OMG" kind of things. This drama is good and bearable if  we just watch it for entertainment sake, and no connection in terms of bias, favoritism and fans with any of actors/actresses. Hard to find a gem in K-drama lately.b79af72fjw1e3u669ms0jj.jpg

5cf98de6tw1e3u4b2hp9yj20jf0ddmye.jpg
57525b25jw1e3u50vgtahj.jpg
기사 이미지

Article

Guest NEWMARIO

[Ratings: Thurs, 04.18.13] Iris 2 Ends at Second Place

2013-04-19 09:33  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Honghttp://enewsworld.interest.me/enews/c.. icon_copy_1.gif icon_issue_1.gif
ratingtweettweet0tweetGo to Forum    0  |   Reply  0KBS’ Iris 2 completed its run on Thursday night. Even after much efforts to pull itself up to first, the series finished off at second place, behind MBC’s When a Man Loves

Iris 2 managed to end with double digits, but barely, as all three dramas dropped in numbers. With several deaths and special cameos, Iris 2 finished off with an open ending, hinting that perhaps a season three is in the works. 

89503811.jpg

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Dramas

8:15 PM

KBS Cheer Up, Mr. Kim! 27.4->28.4

10:00 PM

1. MBC When a Man Loves 11.4->11.3

2. KBS Iris 2 9.7->10.4

3. SBS All About My Romance 5.6->5.5

Variety

1. KBS Happy Together 7.9

2. MBC Kneedrop Guru 4.9

*All ratings are based on AGB Nielson Media Research

Photo Credit: KBS

LOL sorry for the many random questions and posts - but still his death is driving me crazy!! Also what was with the ending, the bomb? Where is it going off now? And who even started that one, i feel like that's the secret one baeksan was hiding?

Guest chunnogirl33

I think most of us agree that the series as a whole made no sense so I wont talk about that anymore. Ill mentioned the scenes that I appreciated "out of context".
 First, I must warn you that I did enjoy most of the melo stuff on episode 19. I dont know why? Maybe I was extra sensitive today or maybe it is because I know these are the final scenes, etc And for the first time ever I felt sorry for YG. The post is mostly about him too so you've been warned. 
YG and SY. Why did I feel so sorry? I never cared for them and I somewhat resigned to that! Was it the sad music? I felt sorry that their hands didnt even touch, the huge distance between them. The way YG (or JH) said his lines, when he asked her to wait for him...to turn himself in (not wait for "him"). How he looked at HW and SY, so tired and sad. SY was resigned and tired herself. It was all so...final. The dialogues were whatever as usual but I felt the sadness. 
Then I felt his migraines! I was like "somebody get this guy some excedrin pleeeasseee" YH finally heard me ;) but he didnt take it :( 
During the director and JW scene I kept expecting larus subtitles :D This happened through out the episode. 
I like LBS but I didnt feel the scene of JW reading his mother's letter. I felt it was well acted by him but the mother's words were a little too cheesy imo (even for this series). The presence of the friend and his tears were also a distraction. On a side note: I find this obsession of korean mothers and koreans in general with not skipping meals rather cute :D 
 YH taking care of YG was sweet. His impenetrability, as frustrating as usual.
I really liked the scene of YH trying to persuade JW and offering to escape with him. Just the idea, the possibility of it sounded so sweet. I know he would've been robbed of his glorius death scene but I wished for a second there and thought for a moment "the hell with the integrity of this story or character let him be happy!!! Listen to this woman! 
 LBS looks good in soldiers uniform. His eyes are weird and interesting :) His pupils are huge and so darkHe stole that nuke too easily. More bad cgi explosions. 
The endless scenes of people walking into places, looking at computers, looking for stuff are draggy. I am also not a big fan of action films or scenes, people shooting at each other, car chases dont do a lot for me, but I do love fistfights and more than anything, martial arts. So I appreciated YG hitting LSH. I wanted somebody to erase that smirk off LSH's face.
 Endless scenes of people visiting the nuke. Also boring.
 I like Baeksan's right hand man. He got emotional and it was subtle and sweet. He didnt save him but allowed a last father and son reunion. Btw in those scenes with him YG looked particularly pale and worn out. 
 Mr Blehhh is really dumb. Why would Baeksan want JW? The director realizing he helped Mr Bleehhh made me again, think of larus subtitles :D 
I know some people like PTH but she has always bored me. She only has three faces. Killer fish eyes face. Worried about oppa (JW) face and "YH you are so silly" smirk. I saw this actress in Warrior Baek Dong Soo and even though that series is not great, she was very good and versatile in it. I didnt like her too much in this. Then again her character was as one dimmensional as most. 
Finally, I felt all the melo father son scenes. I know it is manipulation, not subtle stuff but I fell for it. And it is not that I wanted to, it just happened. Ive always felt Baeksan's story. Ive always felt his pain somehow. I said that before. So, as a consequence, I care for YG in those scenes not because of who he is but as the son of Baeksan. I liked how in every scene Baeksan managed to crack YG more and more. I felt it when he said that after knowing he and his mother were alive, he started to feel the desire to be alive as well. He dezombified his son slightly. Thank you Baeksan. The final scene was kind of terrible with the bad cgi but the moment he cried Abeoujiiii!!!!! I cried the same as when I watched The Lion King (Ok maybe not as much, my poor little Simba). But I did choke up.
 Now Ill wait for ep 20 :)

@sarah, as far as I understand I think the bomb started because JW died. I saw him showing something on his chest connected to his heartbeats I think so when he died the bomb started the count down.
I think YG was going to take the bomb to explode in the ocean but we know that the CGI was done very bad and it made me confused where it actually exploded in ocean or air but anyway, I am not sure how that would be the safest solution to rescue people from the nuclear radiation :D but i think we don't need to think rationally now :))
But anyway, I think I need subs to make sure of my understanding :)

Guest chunnogirl33

Hi! Im so far away from Asia! Im in the US and Im latina so my first language is spanish :D so can you imagine? Where am I going to find another JH fan nearby? I dont use twitter much but I do have an account so yessss please, lets stay connected :) 
My mother and I started our kdrama addiction together. She actually doesnt know JH as JH but as Dolbok. She likes "Dolbok playing cards" (Tazza), Dolbok the lawyer/stock broker (Midas). Dolbok with Lee Bom (Thank you) To her he will always be Dolbok and Kim Nam Gil will always be Bidam from QSD :D She is funny! I enjoy sharing this with her. 
I have two different friends who introduced me to kdramas. They both live in different cities. The first one sent me DVDs years ago and I watched Coffee Prince and Im sorry I love you. I loved both but there was no easy access to more dramas for me then so that was it.
 But last year another friend recommended QSD that is available on Netflix. I loved it so much that I craved for another sageuk or another KNG drama. I watched Bad Guy (the KNG one) and that was the end of my obsession. I could love him again later, Im fickle like that. He was good but I found that drama to be horrid.
So since there were no more KNG series to watch and he was in the army, I  decided to go for a sageuk and maybe another "oppa" to obsess about ha! I tried Kingdom of the Winds, dropped it in the middle. Chuno, found it slow, saved it for later. Damo, dropped it. Nothing satisfied me until I found The Tree with deep roots. My mom an I loved that series so much. Thats when I started admiring JH. Decided to give Chuno another try and that was it for me. I was done! became absolutely obsessed with JH talent. Started to watch everything of his and never got disappointed because everything is so different. Unfortunately my two friends dont share my passion. One of them loves all the actors including him (she recommended Thank you) :) but she hasnt watched his best series. The other one is more into Lee Min Ho and Hyun Bin. They both gear towards pure melodramas and romance and I actually like series that combine everything so we've started to drift in different directions. Damn I wrote a lot! gumi said: @chunnogirl33 now that's sad, cuz i remember how lonely i felt when i didn't have any JH fans around...my friends were like, why do u like him he's old and married! Duh, I like him because he's old and married and hot. But I do envy you that you're mom is a JH fan as well...my mom hates JH. No, I mean, I don't think she actually hates him, since she did watch about five of his dramas, but she pretends to hate him just because I like him. Anyways, if you ask me where to find them, I'll say DC JH gall, but then that's all Korean...You don't happen to be Chinese, right..? Cuz if you're a Chinese there's Baidu JH tieba. Or if you have a twitter account, you can always chat with me, I always love chatting about my hot ahjusshi.

Guest NEWMARIO

"Iris 2" ends in second place

Source | 2013/04/18 | 142 views | Permalink | 0 Comments

photo302076.jpg

"IRIS 2" ended in second place.

According to Nielsen Korea, the final episode of the KBS 2TV drama "IRIS 2", rated 10.4%. This is 0.7% more than the nineteenth episode.

Jeong Yoo-gun (Jang Hyeok) blew himself up with the nuclear bomb, He headed for the sea in the helicopter with the bomb and died after saying some last words to Ji Soo-yeon (Lee Da-hae).

The drama ended with the dead of the lead character but ended in second place. MBC drama "When A Man's in Love" came in first with 11.4%.

SBS "Everything About My Relationship" rated 5.5%.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v... ( English )

cr: hancinema.net

Hey guys. I just finished the last episode and enjoyed Iris 2 for what it was instead of what it could have been. The same problems from Iris 1 and Athena are still prevalent in Iris 2, but there were some factors in Iris 2 that made it the favorite in my series so far.

I'm sure everyone feels that the directing and writing are definitely not the strength of the franchise. However, I did like how Iris 2 was actually focused on something instead of the jumbled stories that were in Iris 1 and Athena. I like how we got to learn a lot more about Baek San and Iris in general. In the first series, I just saw Iris and Baek San as plot devices to move the story along instead of being actual people/entities that had any meaning to the story.

The rivalries in this drama were a lot better in Iris 2 compared to Iris 1. Yoo Gun vs Rei and Yoo Gun vs Joong Won were interesting subplots in Iris 2. I especially enjoyed the tension between Yoo Gun and Joong Won throughout the drama. They were equals, never able to come out on top over the other throughout the series. It wasn't like Iris 1 where it seemed like Hyun Joon was going to kick richard simmons no matter what. Vic was a terrible counterpart to Hyun Joon and this was something that Iris 2 fixed in my opinion. Great acting from Jang Hyuk and Lee Bum Soo, as these two were the stars of the drama.

As for Lee Da Hae and Im Soo Hyang, I didn't know what to expect from either of them coming into the series. I have been a fan of Da Hae ever since I started watching Korean dramas, yet she had never attempted a role like she did in Iris 2. You can read what I thought about her in the LDH thread. Im Soo Hyang is still green as an actress with only a few roles under her belt (I'm surprised she's the same age as I am. I'm just so used to all of the actors and actresses being 5-10 years older than me.) I believe she performed her role adequately, but it helped that she had one of the better written characters to work with.

One aspect I really want to point out is the action scenes. I think the inclusion of Jang Hyuk was a great move because I loved the action scenes in Iris 2. Since Jang Hyuk is great in martial arts, he fluidly performs all of these moves as if they were as simple as walking. Even after 20 episodes of watching his action scenes in Iris 2 (plus all of his action scenes in Chuno, Tree With Deep Roots, etc.), I never tire of watching him fight in dramas. Lee Bum Soo really stepped up to contend with Jang Hyuk, and the three females (Lee Da Hae, Im Soo Hyang and Yoo So Yi) each did well in the action scenes. Those three showed that they can kick richard simmons too.

As for the ending, they totally set it up for a sequel, but I hope things get changed if they do make another Iris series. The first one is to stop using Japanese investors. I'm tired of seeing idols being thrown into dramas so that they can sell better in the rest of Asia, especially Japan. The actors are popular enough themselves to the point where they don't need idols thrown into dramas. The number of advertisements really needs to be toned down. I'm a marketing minor and really noticed that some scenes in every episode felt like a CF, but with the number of product placements in Iris 2, you don't need a background in marketing to notice how Iris 2 felt like a 60 minute CF at times. The third, and most important thing that needs to be changed is the writing. Yes, the Iris franchise is good entertainment when you don't think while you're watching it, but there are always gaping plot holes and just plain silly things that happened. I think it was episode 16 or 17 when Soo Yeon and Baek San were both rescued while under control from Lee Bum Soo. How would an elite agent like Joong Won be that incompetent all of a sudden? Stuff like that didn't make any sense, but I went along with it because mixing logic with the Iris franchise isn't what you're supposed to do while watching.

I do think that the Iris franchise can be much more than a mindless action drama created just to make money in Japan, but it can only do that once the executives start focusing on what matters in dramas instead of solely treating the drama filming industry as a way to make a quick buck off of Japan.

Guest filchiny

First let me reply to the people who tagged me. Sorry it took a while since real life keeps me very busy that I come here only twice a week to put in my comments. Gotta vent or I will go insane with frustration!
@jon28 no need to apologize. There is no right or wrong here. We are all different. It's a matter of personal taste and preference. As for Iris 3, good luck with that. As @chunnogirl33 said previously, why do we allow ourselves to get duped into watching sequels when we know deep down it won't be as good as the original! :-bd soooo true chunnogirl33! :)) This will DEFINITELY be the LAST TIME I watch an Iris series! In my opinion, this should not even carry the name Iris. It doesn't even come close to the original.
@msiris2 you are welcome! I am just glad you are enjoying yourself. Like me I also take comfort in reading the comments here. Some are pretty HILARIOUS that it helps me endure watching till the end.
:D
@Orion, :)) when I said powerhouse cast, that does not include LDH. :))  I meant JH, LBS & OYS. I too found her acting lacking.

It's so funny to see YG in a tense moment, gun in hand and stopping midway to answer a phone call  =)) =)) =)) and even funnier to see where BS hid the bomb with just a lone carpet in the middle of a huge empty room and all he needed to do was roll the carpet away and with a key wala, we have the bomb which has been in the same place for ..how many years?

Archived