[Drama 2013] IRIS II 아이리스 II

apqaria

Guest NEWMARIO

Jang Hyuk publishes collection of personal essaysby javabeans | August 5, 2013 | 2 Comments

janghyuk_92.jpg

Bookish and writerly are hardly the first two words that pop to mind when thinking of Jang Hyuk (IRIS 2, Tree With Deep Roots, Chuno)—and maybe not even the last two words, really, in that they are words I would never think to pair with him at any point of any sort of adjective-naming game. But here we have the brawny quintessential beast-man becoming a soon-to-be-published author as he releases a new book of essays. Who woulda thunk?

Granted, it’s not exactly a hardcore literary tome, and falls more in the realm of celeb pet projects (which is a nicer way to say vanity project, I guess). But the essay collection, titled Jang Hyuk, Hot-Blooded Man, is his frank and honest take on his life and experiences and ought to make fans happy to get a little bit closer. Through the book, we’ll get a glimpse inside his life, told in his personal voice; Korean stars really do get the concept of fanservice in such a broad, complete sense. So while it’s not like I expect his essays to be stunning artistic creations, I do anticipate that the simple, straightforward charm that makes him appealing as an actor will be present in his writings as well.

Jang Hyuk’s essay book will release on August 6, and shortly afterward his new movie, disaster blockbuster The Flu co-starring Su Ae, will open on August 15. Jang Hyuk is also currently appearing in the popular MBC real-variety program Real Men, which has been adding a nice boost to his popularity. Which he already had, of course. But who’d ever argue against more popularity?

Via My Daily

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kinein

I liked Iris 2, was surprised by 1 or 2 specific posters going at it post after post after post. 
If you don't like it ~ say  you don't like it and move on with your life. 

• 4 weeks later...

just some thought that occured to me while watching Two Weeks
If there is IRIS 3, I want Lee Jun Ki and Kim So Yeon to be the main leads. I think lee jun ki would be perfect as a spy/nss agent. He will be great in emotional scenes because he is so expressive. and both of them would be an awesome pairing imo 

• 4 weeks later...

yes, I know many found this sequel is interesting especially from people who are non fans of any actors or actresses in this drama and just treat it for entertainment sake only-we love that spirit too.
and here more latest info about this drama.
64495_335302409904666_1954056118_n.jpg

IRIS 2 is airing  on DATV Japan since Sept 1st, and  our dear AQ, has made a great translation using the google translation from the latest interview btw LDH and Japanese press.
details from this link.http://crushonleedahae.wordpress.com/

io4dB1D.jpg

1h65bvS.jpg
7Acp6tO.jpg

0Vqqa00.jpg
K4lC8N6.jpg

and she also made a great and honest review about the 3rd time pairing of JH and LDH-for us (the fans) they are DAEBAK, individually or together.
I posted some of the write-up, the details are from this link.http://crushonleedahae.wordpress.com/2013/08/26/lee-da-hae-and-her-three-times-co-star-and-favorite-oppa-jang-hyuk/

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px 0px 10px; outline: 0px; padding: 10px 0px 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; font-size: 28px; line-height: 33px; font-family: Georgia, 'Bitstream Charter', serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Lee Da-hae and her three times co-star and favorite oppa “Jang Hyuk”

For an actor and actress to act together 3 time in just 5 years, it is not something we see everyday and actually very rare specially in Kdrama land so I thought this surely deserves to dedicate a post for this couple

Lee Da-hae and Jang Hyuk worked together in “Robber“, “Chuno/The Slave Hunters” and “IRIS II“. And the good thing that the three drama are totally different genres.

I adore those two together. Although I know that many of Da-hae and Hyukie fans may not share that same love I have for this couple but I would like to disagree :D.

e4RnCwi.jpg

Talking about Hyukie, he is really a very good actor and an action master. And although he may not be the typical flower boy or handsome man that girls get crazy about but for me he is a “The man’s man” and he has that charm and charisma which makes you can’t help but get attracted to him. In addition to that he is unintentionally funny because yes he is known for being a very serious man but that is exactly the source of all the laughter :D

Back to my couple, their chemistry together on and off screen is just GREAT to say at least and they may have shared together the largest number of kisses any of them shared with a co-star (I am not sure if Joe Cheng did equal or exceeded that because we know he had lots of kisses with Da-hae in “Love Actually” but I doubt if we counted the NG :D ).

Hyukie mentioned Da-hae as one of his best female co-stars and has praised her many times and I know how much Da-hae appreciate him and mentioned  how he supported her and was beside her many times when she was ill or having hard times in her career so no wonder when she mentioned that she always feel safe around him.

Away from the work, they are great friends or even more because Da-hae said that she consider him as a real brother. But what a destiny they have, they faced together the best and worst.

Let me explain why I am saying that while I talk briefly about their dramas together.

IRIS II

YzLUEZ1.jpg

The third time our couple met was just this year and it was in “IRIS II” the sequel of the famous drama “IRIS” and ooh dear, the least I say about this drama, the better.

I may make another post about it but to keep it short here it is enough to say that IMO this is the worst drama for Da-hae and Hyukie individually and together and I hope this will remain to be the case and they don’t get to act in such a bad drama ever again.

I wasn’t only disappointed in the drama itself but also both Da-hae and Hyukie acting performance in it and although I still enjoyed their chemistry in the first few episodes and some of their scenes in the latter episodes ;because they didn’t have much screen time together; but in the end I just didn’t care about their love story AT ALL.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

While waiting for LBS up-coming new series "Triangle"...am watching IRIS 2 now.
As I progress from episode to episode there are certain characters in the series I just feel like taking them for a long drive in the deep ocean with their head in the water of course... 
It started off with Soo-Yeon after Yoo Gun gone missing.  Her rational thinking was off the radar. She was only on a revengeful path no separating the personal and business line. Nothing seems to make sense to her and she just go her way thinking she is right.  
Then it was Choi Min who seems to think the world of herself since she has direct link to the President.  Her scale of support is based on what she gets in return or who she can use to the max.
Last in the "head in the water" was Yeon Hwa.  The first two Soo-Yeon and Choi-Min...i can let them off the hook.  But Yeon-Hwa...she needs to permanently go head in the water.  Cannot tolerate how she betrays Joong-won thinking she is righteous by helping Yoo Gun.  Able to look straight into Joong-won's eye and calling him oppa and lie... ouch...that is the worst of the three characters I so want to just dunk in the water.
Am holding on to the end of the series but since the ending is too obvious...guess I just have to hold my breath and pull through.
@Orion...LBS surely and amazingly wow me in his action here.  Guess that is enough to make me pull through to the end right... :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest kyung-jin

class="at_ttl"Eight Times That K-Dramas Were Filmed In Another Country

BY Julie Jones | Apr 21, 2015 09:54 AM EDT    

K-dramas are a fun way to learn about Korea and check out many of the local attractions before planning a trip there.

But occasionally, k-dramas are also set in other countries. Sometimes they are actually filmed on location but sometimes the drama producers create a set that simulates a recognizable foreign scene.

The two most popular countries to either film in or pretend to film in are the U.S. and Macao.

Hungary is the next most popular k-drama location outside of Korea. "Iris 2" and "Doctor Stranger" both filmed there.

7. "Iris 2" filmed scenes in Budapest.

Source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/82257/20150421/eight-times-that-k-dramas-were-filmed-in-another-country.htm

• 9 months later...

Archived