[Drama 2013] IRIS II 아이리스 II

apqaria

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kdrama circle is small I think,-maybe Kim Ta Hae  can take a break from her current drama, and join the team again.
who knows maybe the whole IRIS franchises +'Anthena will join together for another BIG BUDGET SPY drama-I'm sure there is cold war in soompi.-at least change the writer and director.
LDH interviewing the high profile spies to join her and KSY again
kbsa_lbh9.jpg
kbsa_kimsoyeon4.jpg

another news on KSY today
http://news.nate.com/view/20130416n07176

기사 이미지

Guest forever.with.you

gumi said: larus said: gumi said: ISH: "I was expecting to die anytime, but still was most curious about whether I'd live in this episode every time I received the script. I was nervously waiting for the death sentence, but I managed to survive until now."

Guest NEWMARIO

Kim So-yeon returns to IRIS franchise with another cameoby javabeans | April 16, 2013 | 6 Comments

athena_100.jpg

Kim So-yeon was one of the original cast members of IRIS and returned to the franchise for a cameo in Athena, so it’s no surprise to hear she’s coming back again for IRIS 2. She’ll have played the same character across all three series — Kim Sun-hwa, the North Korean spy who (Athena spoiler?) then left that life behind after the first series ended, only to have it follow her and end up killing her new husband and child.

She’s connected to IRIS 2 via Im Soo-hyang’s character, named Kim Yeon-ah, who is Sun-hwa’s younger sister. Her upcoming appearance was teased in a recent episode by a comment made by Chul-young (Sun-hwa’s former spy boss, played by Kim Seung-woo), “I believe Sun-hwa’s alive somewhere.”

It’s one way to boost interest in IRIS 2 for its finale week, that’s for sure, especially since Sun-hwa had one of the best character storylines in the original IRIS. I didn’t watch enough Athena to get to her appearance there, but the cameo was reportedly the best thing about that show. It does seem like a last-ditch effort on the show’s part, though, since ratings have been flagging in the single digits; the last episode drew an 8.2%. Perhaps worse than the numbers is the drama’s relative lack of profile or buzz; those are things you can’t really quantify, but it does seem like the show is flying under the radar.

I’d point to the show’s curious lack of plot energy as the culprit; things look very good and there’s a lot of stuff going on visually (explosions and action, as the genre requires), but by all accounts it’s very hard to care about what’s actually happening. Lots of flash but no point. (Note: I couldn’t sit through IRIS 2 at all, so these are limited impressions. Still, by contrast I found the first IRIS totally flawed and yet pretty watchable.)

IRIS 2 ends its run this week, after Episodes 19 and 20 air on Wednesday and Thursday. Next week, Lee Dong-wook’s sageuk thriller Mandate of Heaven takes over the timeslot.

Via Joy News

Guest Liam_H

OMG I didn't intend to but I kind of dropped this series after episode 12. Now its revealed those mystery legs are Kim Sun-Hwa? I love this girl so much that I just need to watch it but I really don't want to watch episodes 13-18 to get to her. Sigh, what to do.

She seriously should've been the main character we followed in the Athena spinoff or IRIS 2 but its far too late for that. With such low ratings this is probably the end of IRIS franchise for awhile.

Ok, this week Iris 2 is ending. Good! But, I will miss this thread!

I am not worried about Sun-Hwa`s appearance. I am happy that she will reunite with her sister. Hope for a good scene. But, what are the chances of killing her in this cameo? Noooo. But, thinking about it, they ”butchered” all the characters from season one except for Mr. Black who did not appear that much. There is time for him too. Noooo, I stay positive. Please, Mr. Writer, I know that I have sinned but let Park Chul- young be alive. You did not throw us a bone for nothing. Let us imagine that he redeems himself and grow some balls after all.

Now, I wonder who will bite the dust. The first victim: The Director of NSS, then Park Tae-hee, Si Hyuk.
Baek- san and Mr. Black will kill each other like an old western movie? I look forward to their clash. I expected for so long! Yeon-ah will be fine. Joong-won, be sane, please! At least that. I can`t imagine Winnie the Pooh dead, so HW is safe. Soo-yeon and Yoo Gun will have a happy ending. I don`t think the writer will plagiarize himself. A second hero dies in the end?! Noo.

I don`t know what will happen. Everything is possible. :D

Liam_H said: OMG I didn't intend to but I kind of dropped this series after episode 12. Now its revealed those mystery legs are Kim Sun-Hwa? I love this girl so much that I just need to watch it but I really don't want to watch episodes 13-18 to get to her. Sigh, what to do.

She seriously should've been the main character we followed in the Athena spinoff or IRIS 2 but its far too late for that. With such low ratings this is probably the end of IRIS franchise for awhile.

larus said: But, thinking about it, they ”butchered” all the characters from season one except for Mr. Black who did not appear that much. There is time for him too. Noooo, I stay positive. Please, Mr. Writer, I know that I have sinned but let Park Chul- young be alive. You did not throw us a bone for nothing. Let us imagine that he redeems himself and grow some balls after all.

Guest ricecak3

question..are the writers/directors/produecers of iris 2 the same as iris 1? i assume they're different but can anyone answer?

Archived