[Drama 2013] IRIS II 아이리스 II

apqaria

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wenckeroosterforever said:

YG is kind of selfish really. Since he was shot in the head, he has brought nothing but sorrow to SY. And ignoring SY's pleading to drop the bomb then turn back alive- it shows that he only cares about what he thinks is right and not SY's feelings.

He could easily drop the bomb, save South Korea and reunite with his colleagues/friends.

@wenckeroosterforever @gumi

Soo Yeon might have been ready to give up her country for him, but he chose to stop IRIS and save everyone instead of spending his last weeks with her. This is because men must have great heroic characters, values, ethics, while female characters just need to want revenge, care about an oppa, their sister, cousin thrice removed, emotions etc.

This is just another case of noble idiocy (guy keeping girl away for a stupid reason), but with a slightly less stupid reason than "mom says no", "my dad and your dad were enemies", "I stepped on your cat" etc and Yoo Gun is unlucky enough to be the male lead in a work about heroics (not heroes). Hence the sacrifice and bullet, so that viewers can't say "he could have gone back" (bullet would've killed him anyway).

The reason why he stayed away from Soo Yeon was the same noble idiocy of "I am a dangerous unstable man and might hurt her" and also a way for audiences to stop giving a damn about the relationship and therefore death. Remember, viewers were really pissed with Hyun Joon's death in 'IRIS'. Happy couple, he was going to propose and then bang. They wanted to kill Yoo Gun, but wanted to make sure audiences don't take it as bad. So they went and turned the relationship into a bore and killed the entire thing. Instead of doing the sane thing and just having a happy ending with other, secondary deaths or then not having a romance from the beginning.

Having their cake and eating it situation. They needed melo/romance to get ratings and viewers attention, they did it. They then wanted to kill him, so they needed to stop the romance dead in its tracks, they did it. They wanted to do it all without caring about what makes sense or is right from a storytelling point of view so they just went ahead and messed everything up in every turn.

gumi said: damn, he's cute!! I didn't realize that he's cute when dying because when I was watching the actual episode I was just so mad at the plot...anyway, story plot aside, that's my fav YJW so far, dying YJW. My fav JYG was crying JYG when BS exploded in front of his eyes. Maybe I'm a little...sadistic...?

Guest Liam_H

Its hilarious how much IRIS 2 takes from IRIS 1 even if its unintentional. Lee Joon's character dies in the same fashion as TOP did.

I just finished this series and it's really quite a disappointment. Many people believed that Sun Hwa was going to play a huge role in Iris 2.. The ending of Athena quite obviously suggested that but I don't know what happened.. A change of plan maybe? However, Sun Hwa's short appearance in the last episode did pleases me despite being rather random. Omg she's still as cool as ever!  :\"> After seeing Iris 2 made me realised how incredible the cast of the original Iris were..

Finally watched the ending after skipping the drama since episode 14. Im currently in the middle of Prosecutor Princess drama and that Kim So Yeon appearance really caught me by surprise and might just be the best part of the whole show..and also I agree that Lee Joon's role is good, if only his character came much earlier maybe this drama could have a much better direction..Well its nice to be here, reading some really funny stuffs from dedicated posters of this drama..time to say goodbye and See you in other threads :) Now back to my prosecutor princess.

Guest wenckeroosterforever

any news on IRIS 3 yet :D?

I wonder when the series will be screened outside South Korea and how the DVDs will sell..

Guest wenckeroosterforever

Overall, if you don't think about the storyline much, it's very good entertainment- very different from (and much better than) soapy/romantic comedies

Lest we forget.

Robbers, Chuno, and IRIS 2 couple, JH and LDH team up again (don't panic), as special guest to promote Hallasu volcanic mineral bottle (one of the IRIS 2  sponsor). JH is alive and kicking with better hair style.

20130424145656.jpg

20130424145857.jpg

imageimage

기사 이미지

That moment when you realize they could have just combed his hair up like that for the actual series...
If they wanted realism, everyone's hair should have been realistic. It wasn't. Why deny us teh handsome?

Archived