[Drama 2013] IRIS II 아이리스 II

apqaria

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filchiny

Episode 19: Story of Reunions
I dunno if it's the joy that this series will FINALLY END that made me like this episode. For the first time, no scene elicited such strong reactions for the wrong reasons. Even SY saying oppa to YG & YH to JW didn't bother me much. Maybe because it was kept to a minimum and it was said in an appropriate context, when they were a heart to heart talk and not while on the job!
This episode was all about reunions. We saw YG & SY meeting again after not seeing each other for some time. I like that it wasn't overly emotional. It was a calm & muted reunion.
We also saw JW &YH come face to face for the first time since YH betrayed him. That was an intense encounter! JW still feeling the hurt of her betrayal and also anger at her for pointing the gun at him. For YH's part, she expressed her inner most feelings toward JW. How she truly cares for him but also how hurt and betrayed she also felt by him when he decided to side with the hard liners and assist them in their plans to nuke SK. This scene is pivotal. While you see redemption in YH's character, you can see JW's character spiraling down. The determined look on his eyes in that scene tells me, he is determined to push through with their plan of detonating a nuclear bomb in Seoul. :(
JW reading the last letter from his mom was in a way like a reunion as well between mother and son. He was able to reconnect with his mom through that letter. His mom was writing stuff that moms are usually concerned about. She wrote her aspirations for him. It was so touching in that any other mom would've written the same thing. LBS did an excellent job in this scene! =D>
I was hoping for JW to actually kill that director. But that reunion went in favor of the director much to my dismay. But there is still 1 more episode. :D I might still get my wish. :))
I also have to say that the scene with the director having a meeting with the NSS staff, TOO FUNNY! So the director was summarizing the situation after he found out that Mr. Black was Anthony Choi and that he was basically responsible for handing the nukes to him. The camera was taking individual shots from the team members and with the exception of SY (her expression was PRICELESS =D> she basically agreed with the director's assessment) =)) the other members' reactions were all still trying to figure things our or digest the information! I found that HILARIOUS because for intelligence people, they sure are slow on the uptake. =))
Then we have the meeting between BS & Mr. Black. I knew we won't get much more info on Iris as an organization other than what was revealed on the previous episode. All this mystery  turned out to be something so simple as Iris being some sort of a cartel that promotes war among nations so they can take advantage of the situation for their own gains. The bottom line is MONEY. Mr. Black is trying to make it appear more than what it is by saying even if he dies the organization will not be affected. The simple truth is that they have the money so they bribe and/or recruit the right people in their organization to make their operations run smoothly. They use any and all means to make things happen. This is what Iris is all about....NOTHING MORE....NOTHING LESS. In the end BS outwitted Mr. Black :-bd
Finally, father and son. I liked that YG was able to call BS dad before BS died. This to me is how it should be for no matter what he has done, there is no changing the fact that BS is YG's father. :-bd

Apparently, Taewon(the producer) mentioned about the possibility of Iris3. He said it's possible, that's why he left the ending "open" as it is.
.......SHUT UP TAEWON!!! Please, JH LBS and LDH already made their sacrifices, please don't ruin any more actors' career. As I suspected, it seems that Iris2 was not economical failure...although the ratings was not good enough, they still had enough advertisements and ppls. But that doesn't mean Iris3 will be welcome. Most of the audience is sick of this series now. 

At the end, everyone died and YW did become a widow but at least they can celebrate their death anniversaries the same day (better than Hyun Joon in the previous season). Plus, hooray! Independent day for our casts. Wish them all the best in their next projects.
And though I'm pretty sad about JW death but that 's what we all knew before   :) And as @Orion said, he looks so damn hot n gorgeous when he died  8-} May be i'm a mad girl but i can't help saving all his deadscenes in my lappy  =)) =)) So lady, count me in ur gone-insane-cuz-of-LBS-weird-attractive-deadscene-party  ;;) 
Now Iris finally ended, maybe we'll meet again in other projects of our beloved actors and actresses or maybe not, but we still have something to remember here in this thread. The drama sucks but this thread 've always been exciting and hilarious. To me, it's a great experience cuz i had to struggle more with my poor Eng in order to keep following :)) But... well, even if they're sweet or insane, awsome or frustrated,... it's wonderful to have everyone to share all those thoughts and opinions :) And i'm so grateful and appreciate it. Thank you all for those happy time and hope to see u guyz again >:D<

Guest IRIS_Fan_123

I haven't watched the final two episodes yet, but it seems like IRIS is a big international organization and the stuff that Mr Black is in charge of might just be the tip of the iceberg. I heard Mr Black mention something about working with the IRIS HQ and if I recall correctly, there was another scene in this drama that mentions that IRIS is worldwide.
As for IRIS 3, I don't think they should continue with it because we will never get to the bottom of what IRIS wants and what it's all about. It will have a new story and draw in new cast members. And of course they'll have to develop the characters alongside the main story. Doesn't seem realistic to try to uncover the rest of IRIS as we'll need more than an IRIS 3 and the series will never end and have more fillers and unanswered plot holes. We already have enough unanswered plot holes from the two seasons and the second season didn't answer anything that the first IRIS left unanswered, except for the YH and SH sister reunion and the NSS trying to hunt down IRIS and stop them from causing trouble and hurting people. 
I haven't watched Athena yet, but I heard that it's a spin-off of the first IRIS and I'm guessing it's a different story with some of the same cast members. I would really like to find out what happened in the 3 years between the events of IRIS 1 and IRIS 2. Perhaps, they could release a movie or a drama special that summarizes what happened in between the series. It doesn't have to include much acting, a narration would be more appropriate in this case.
All I know was that Hyun Joon was on the way to propose to Seung Hee at the lighthouse when Ray shot him from a boat. All we see is her walking around waiting for him and then it cuts the events of IRIS 2 three years later. Well, this is just my 2 cents on the series. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching IRIS a lot because of the mystery, suspense, and action, but there are a lot of plot holes and too much romantic fillers. 

Someone mentioned about the sole purpose of IRIS being money, buy frankly, that was not the issue. Organizations which gain such power can only do so through money and it is money they ultimately want. Money is indeed the greatest evil, when it comes to such people of power and I believe it is an excellent goal/value with a global organization moving the world like IRIS.

The concept itself was solid, it was the way it was presented that was bad. It should have been made clear by a non-shadowy villain earlier on. We should have heard why, how, how they came to that decision, what does the organization really believe at its core about why money is important etc. Mr.Black said he did think he was doing the best for the country, to end the war, so why wasn't that explored too? They just threw it in there in the last couple of episodes and even turned the man who seemed unreachable into an idiot who got blown away and outsmarted. Even their greatest villain was turned into an embarrassment. Plus, Ray and his whole crusaders business shows the organization itself is all over the place on what each member wants and thinks they're working for.

Bad, lazy writing and things left incomplete just so they can squeeze another series out of. They ruined the cameos by their two most beloved and well-written characters (Cheol Yeong, Seon Hwa), they never told us about Seung Hee (was that her name?), not much about IRIS, what Cheol Yeong went to Japan for, exactly who on the North wanted what and how, nothing. Mostly nothing was resolved. There was only death. I have rarely seen a work disrespect its viewers' intelligence, talented cast and own characters so much. I love the cast, love the people who worked hard on this, hate the ones in charge who treated their own work and people this way.

Adorable ajeossis. Also, the second picture from the end is the most artistic this series has been. Ahaha. Beautiful photo.

At the end of the day, it's the cast and the display of their skills I take away from this. I love them all for not giving up on their performance along the way. I hope to see them act together again sometime. My most wanted right now are Lee Beom Soo and Im Soo Hyang. They make me feel when they perform and I think Im is amazingly talented. She does not have the skills and experience yet, but watch this woman go. She'll be wonderful as the years go by.

So get going, dramaland and cast them again in a drama or movie soon. I will not rest till some character of Lee can get love from some character of Im Soo Hyang, damn it! Thank you, 'IRIS2', for that trauma. Thank you. :((

Guest jon28

ZarraJae said: Okay, here are the stats for lead guys' survival:IRIS 1 - DEADIRIS 2 - DEADIRIS 3 - WILL BE DEAD TOOso, really, if they plan to have Part 3, better be someone we all love to see dead. >:) >:)

apqaria said: @sarah, as far as I understand I think the bomb started because JW died. I saw him showing something on his chest connected to his heartbeats I think so when he died the bomb started the count down.
I think YG was going to take the bomb to explode in the ocean but we know that the CGI was done very bad and it made me confused where it actually exploded in ocean or air but anyway, I am not sure how that would be the safest solution to rescue people from the nuclear radiation :D but i think we don't need to think rationally now :))
But anyway, I think I need subs to make sure of my understanding :)

Archived