[2012 KBS Sitcom] Shut Up Family (닥치고 패밀리)

Guest weetziebat

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not entirely sure.. but looks like JY is

showing hints of of jealousy-towards HB's relationship with her mom-(?).. in this episode..more so than ever. And when she saw a

madeover HB..boy! did I hear something plummet..or was that her heart? I know she's not entirely painted villainous.. but I can't really picture her as a good sister either. I mean.. I haven't seen the rest of the episodes, except for the JH-HB filled ones, but can anyone explain why she hadn't really help her stepsister in the hair department problem? They do own a beauty clinic..and HB is employed there. And from what I gather in this episode.. HB actually liked that someone took an active role to help with her hair problem (lol..i refuse to say looks..because she's a pretty lookin' gal already.). So I don't wanna dislike JY..but it sure looks to me like the princess didn't want to be unseated from the family's fairest one of all. The surprise on her face when she saw HB was totally priceless... if she'd been a richard simmons..I'd have probably virtually high-fived HB :))

On another note, I'm glad

HB's personality didn't do a 180 flip

:D She's still the same 'ol HB minus the frizzy hair ^^

And JH's just so endearingly cute.. I knew he'd react this way.. so adorable!! ;))

Latest episode is daebak..replay mode on. JH's sooooo hilarious at the end. JH-shi~you should learn not to mess with a girl's hair.. ;)) I absolutely love that

he wants her old frizzy hair back =)) I'm hoping a permanent hair treatment was done. Not just because HB's rocking the new

do... JH's jealous fits/denials are just too cute-of-a-consequence ..not to enjoy. ;))

I think we can totally say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" suitably for jiho ? Haha! I loved this episode so much. It just further justifies the fact that Ji Ho loves Hee Bong for who she is! So many cute moments today:
1. When those 2 leechers were bad-mouthing heebong in the beginning, Ji-Ho warned them to be careful with their words
2. Ji-Ho's reaction to a pretty Hee-Bong: What is this!?
3. When Hee-Bong wants to go out and show off her look, Ji-ho takes her cellphone away so she can't phone anybody
4. A REAL minor thing, but its so cute! When Heebong comes down to buy coffee, JiHo says she doesn't need to pay! (anymore? is it on him all the time now? or is it just today? hehehe)
5.When Ji Ho drags Hee Bong away (she wants to go clubbing hahaha) and they sit in the car. She pouts saying it's a waste to just show off to Ji Ho. She doens't want to be looked down on by people who think he's just going for her 'money' ahahaha. ANd JiHo tells her he doesn't want other guys looking at her =] =] =] swoooon. :\">
6. that moment when heebong's eyelash falls off and jiho tries to put it back on, but he just stares at her in a daze (darn, ireally thought he was going to go in for a kiss or something!!!) *best moment***
7. and finally the end where hee bong finally reverts back to her orignal self , but ji ho is unhappy that her bangs are straight and tries to mess them up for her :))

20121214_1355444679_23306800_1.jpg
ratings 12.12.13:
9.6% (highest yet!)
*i checked AGB and TNms's site's and they both recorded 9.6%. Usually I check naver's page for ratings, but they haven't updated. So not sure if this is the 'real' consistent rating that I usually post. 

@bella1025
I'm kinda with you on the thing about JY.

I know she's not 'bad' or anything. But what she said when setting up the Christmas tree really disturbed me. She says if she was in a drama, she felt like she isn't the main character, but a 2nd lead. And Al asks who the main lead is and she said Hee Bong. She feels that she's always 'behind' her and she's slowly losing her 'shine'. It was like in the earlier episodes where they emphasized JiYoon was the one getting all the attention from the guys (for her looks), but in the end she only wanted attention from one guy, Ji-Ho, and he only has eyes for Hee Bong. The roles have reversed. Hopefully, she 'see's' Al soon and stops moping around whenever she sees Ji Ho and Hee Bong. I kinda miss her 'air-head' personality from before....

This episode was really good. Though I personally thought it was a shame how Heebong wasn't in the limelight more in front of stranger guys. I really really wanted her to go clubbing or something so all eyes could be on her and then see Jiho get jealous - just coz it's cute to watch!

I didn't realise her makeover would be so shortlived =( ! I was hoping she'd keep some of the changes like, maybe have her hair down whilst the straight effect lasts and perhaps wear contact lenses. It is good, however that her personality didn't change one bit though :).

As with JY, I'm glad she still treats Heebong no differently after realising Jiho only has eyes for Heebong. And personally I don't reckon JY will become spiteful. I think it'll just take some more time for her to grow off Jiho in that respect, with the help of Al of course XD. But like @purexorange, I too miss her air-head personality.

@purexorange
Thank you so much for the translations.. :D I felt that he probably vocalized his not-wanting-to-share-her-to-other-guys..hehe..in that car. Her reaction just said it although I didn't understand everything. ;))
I loved the ending too.. :)
Actually, I love everything about them. :D
---
And they should have at least picked better looking guys to ogle her.. I'm so mean. I know we got the same effect (from JH) but I really wanted him to have some sort of competition. It'll be too cute for words seeing him get all bothered. ;))
On that note, it'll be interesting to see another guy.. a cameo(?).. pursuing casual HB too. :D 

What was WB's justification for the DY images on his phone? He said to the bullies that he liked her right and that he's got her weakness or something, so that's why she has no choice but to hang around him sometimes? Then one of the girls said, "Did you use that tactic on me too?" to which WB said yes, and then she got angry and they all stumbled off. I was so lost. Can someone confirm whether that's what they said?

i cant believe that I've been following this sitcom since 1st episode until now and i dont regret it at all cause the sitcom has one storyline that i think is indeed well-develop ^_^
the relationship between each of the family members are getting better and better. My most fave episode is when Shinhye become the couch potato at home playing games and watching english drama... totally great bonding time with her stepchildren especially Woobong ^^ there's no more awkwardness between her and the children. even with her own daughters... I guess the break time she got after her business got into problem come with a bless for her relationship with her children. :D
I also love all the episodes of BongJi couple and Woobong-Dayoon :DBongJi is so sweet.... since it's like Heebong's first guy that ever confess to her that like her genuinely, it make it more sweet. Guy so handsome and tall like Jiho.... damn, who wouldnt want him as a boyfriend... ^^ i guess the only person that can really tolerate with his neat way behavior totally Heebong. and he's so sweet in ep81 ^^this episode, 81 and 72 (if I'm not mistaken)  totally my fave episode of BongJi couple ever!!! :D and totally love how Jiho being so protective over HB and like just want her for himself ^^
I actually felt kinda sad for JY. when she saw HB become so beautiful walk next to Jiho, somehow make her self-esteem become more low... I gotta say when she was like the air-head character, she still have that high self-esteem as she's someone that have the look but since she know that her love cant really move to another level because the guy she likes, like other people probably resulting in her current character. not only that, she's someone that her own mom didnt really trust her work, got rejected from her crush, and now her crush falling in love with her same-age stepsister, her mom pay attention more to HB as well.... kinda understand why she become more down and down... luckily Al is there with her.... hope she'll soon open up her heart and accepting Al.
I also kinda like how they make HB's transformation not a permanent one... cause it's more realistic like this... since HB's character kinda relate to normal kind of girl, so one-night-cinderella transformation kinda suit more... but who know, maybe in future, the character will eventually have her own permanent transformation? >.<
I just love this sitcom so much ^^ the timing the change the title of this sitcom from Shut Up Family to just Family kinda suit the current storyline... as they're becoming as one family only :D

This sitcom rings a bell. I know of two families who when they initially got together, it's like his and hers furniture in a house.  The merging and the understanding between two step daughters, between mother and step daughters, as well as father and step daughters all took a while.  It can be a painful and arduous process. Though it's a sitcom, it addresses all these issues well.

Archived