[Drama 2012] To The Beautiful You 아름다운 그대에게

Admin

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CountMcAwesomeness

aw so its confirmed and soon we can watch it , I saw TW and Japan version, I hope they will surpass the 2 versions.. just like boys over flowers

Guest whateverstix

well of course sulli will have to speak in english but maybe it wont be soo bad. i heard her say lollipop american way on a radio and it was really good but thats just judging from one word. so who knows.

but if it is, you cant blame her. i mean all the english-speaking characters that korean actors and actresses have played were reeallly really bad in their pronunciation and it was very unnatural. if its bad i think people should just go along with it. afterall, its a light fun drama.

Guest sarangwo

well of course sulli will have to speak in english but maybe it wont be soo bad. i heard her say lollipop american way on a radio and it was really good but thats just judging from one word. so who knows.

but if it is, you cant blame her. i mean all the english-speaking characters that korean actors and actresses have played were reeallly really bad in their pronunciation and it was very unnatural. if its bad i think people should just go along with it. afterall, its a light fun drama.

some people i knew always wondered why they didn't give the role to Amber LOL
they were like "she totally fits the part O.O"
> looks like a boy
> moves like a boy
> acts like a boy
> speaks great english
and with regards to height issues, i remember that the other versions of Hana Kimi had the girl at shoulder level with the guy, so for amber, its kind of in check O.O

but then, i realized that
> she's got to act girly at some points and look like a TOTAL GIRL, which i think Amber would look awkward and doing and might, in turn, ruin the image she has as a singer (the tomboy-ish type)... she would play the part of a the male mizuki WELL (too perfectly, i imagine), but with regards to female mizuki, its all a question mark if she would practically suit being a TOTAL GIRL...
> she has no acting experience and it would be like starting from scratch, with is NOT an option as this is a highly acclaimed drama because of the fact that it already has some versions that are available for COMPARISONS

so yayyy so Sulli~
she's giving her all to this ^^
and i hope she delivers the role of the female lead well ^^
fighting!

@sarangwo
haha yes, i think she'll get loads of help on her english with amber and krystal :)

Guest racing.pulse

Yes, all she has to do is speak like Amber :)It depends on the setup - if she moved to America and has only been studying English for less than 5 years, realistically it'd make sense if she has a huge Korean accent. If she has been living there since she was young, her English could still have an accent (plenty of kids in Asian families in the States have slight accents).
Oh gosh, SM's matrix camera. It has a pretty effect, but not the most interesting.

Guest sarangwo

yes an actor or actress should give theirr best but im just saying that she shouldnt get overly criticize just because of it. to international fans, we notice the awkward bad pronunciation but i guess to Korea (since most actors/actresses who spoke english in drama suck) it doesnt really matter. if its not good it doesnt mean that they didnt try their best. i still think sulli can do a good job speaking english

:)

Guest sarangwo

NEWS:

f(x)’s Sulli Snapped in Boys School Uniform for ‘To the Beautiful You’ Shooting

Netizens have captured the first unofficial look at f(x)’s Sulli in character as a girl in boys guise for her upcoming drama.

Recently an online user posted amateur photos of Sulli and Minho shooting for their upcoming SBS drama To the Beautiful You.

In the grainy photos, Minho and Sulli are seen wearing school uniforms. Sulli in particular is receiving buzz as her character is a girl who disguises herself as a guy to attend an all-male school.

In To the Beautiful You, Sulli stars as Koo Jae Hee, a girl who joins an all-male school disguised as a guy to try and help Kang Tae Joon (Min Ho), a gold medalist high jumper who has been out of the competition due to an injury.

The drama will premiere on SBS in August.

Guest whateverstix

omg seeing flower boy sulli is making me anticipating the drama soo much. im super excited for this drama just because i want to watch sulli and her acting. she is going to do sooo well. she really looks good and she looks like she's really getting into her character persona

is it normal to say that i literally squeal inside everytime i lurk on this thread and see updates for this drama? @__@ oh my gosh the pics look nice O___O

Sulli totally passes off as a boy haha
Minho <3 my inner Shawol cheers you on!

Archived