@budgerie I think that Chuno is no longer a fan favorite (?) It still has its fans obviously, but newer fans got to know JH through more recent works right? Even for me, as much as I love Chuno it didn’t make it to my top three. In fact my top are the three current winners, MF, BM and FTLY :D But it I had been able to choose 5, Chuno would’ve been the 4th and then Robber (and I still need room for other dramas of his that I liked if not loved) I guess Im a fan fan! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

The poll is for Soompi forum users like us, I dont think there are Koreans here with us?

Will there be a poll for his worse/worst drama? I vote WOL...sorry to WOL lovers. :D

23 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

:tounge_xd:Here's some beautiful pics to help you forget that...

Where are the clips for the curtain hairstyle? Maybe frozen clips this time since his daughter likes frozen & he borrowed clips from her. Hahaha...difficult ya to make frozen hair clips?? :tounge_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

29 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Will there be a poll for his worse/worst drama? I vote WOL...sorry to WOL lovers. :D

Where are the clips for the curtain hairstyle? Maybe frozen clips this time since his daughter likes frozen & he borrowed clips from her. Hahaha...difficult ya to make frozen hair clips?? :tounge_wink:

I like WOL..but only his scenes..

Hahaha! I think he looks cute with hair clips..

Spoiler

Pics-Art-10-02-10-12-42.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

Hide contents

Haha, so cute especially OHJ cos it really looked like the hair has been clipped away from his forehead haha. :lol: 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

kekekek. why not, we can do that next! :D  like @Prettysup mentioned, it is just a fun poll for us soompi community. so chingus, if you have any fun ideas for poll like "best hair do!", feel free to tag me or @partyon. hahahhaha...

who can forget this cheeky scene eh?! still cracks me up...

photo455874.jpg

@dramafan33 ~ kekekeke... thought 3 choices would be good but jang hyuk has put in strong work consistently and has done quite a lot of dramas over the years. the first kdrama that stole my heart was bright girl's success. both he and jang nara were rather green but it was such a lovely drama and still occupies a special place for me. :blush:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

kekekek. why not, we can do that next! :D  like @Prettysup mentioned, it is just a fun poll for us soompi community. so chingus, if you have any fun ideas for poll like "best hair do!", feel free to tag me or @partyon. hahahhaha...

who can forget this cheeky scene eh?! still cracks me up...

@dramafan33 ~ kekekeke... thought 3 choices would be good but jang hyuk has put in strong work consistently and has done quite a lot of dramas over the years. the first kdrama that stole my heart was bright girl's success. both he and jang nara were rather green but it was such a lovely drama and still occupies a special place for me. :blush:

Haha, I think this is a really fun introduction to the ML character, LG strutting into the scene, shampooed his hair and Bam! yanked his shirt apart. Simply delicious. :kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, Ding77 said:

Ya, it must be very tough. I was watching some clip and Siwon said something to the effect that he was back from the dead. :sweatingbullets: I didn't know what he was talking about then, but I checked it out again when I read news about JH joining the show. 

Yeah, Poor Si Won got sea sick in the first day of their "adventure"- threw up 5 times in succession! He looked so miserable, and  I'm sure it didn't help that the rest were having fun and laughing. But in the next days he got better

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

I wonder how's JH holding on. Sometimes it's not necessary sea sick on board but (like me) the disembarkation sickness can be worse than mine considering the ship I went to is a cruise, big ship, still I felt sick, what more, their fishing ship.

If they will keep to the same pattern as the first voyage, they went first on a short sail just to get to know the yacht and to get a feel of it.

Watching more episodes of the show I think this show will give us somethings we always wanted to see of JH, and some we never did :) I mean, think about it- it's essentially a group of people trapped in a very small wet space for a very long time...

Most of the time they are talking- So I think we're gonna get to see what I, at least, always wanted- JH talking as much as he is capable of. and we know he is capable... :) And the captain said, that after a while, the trip will strip the guys of all pretenses, so we'll get to see JH, raw.

Also, we'll probably get shirtless JH :). I mean, since the shower is very cramped, within the second episode the guys were showering on deck! The only problem is that there are two girls in the group, so that will probably inhibit JH. At least in the beginning :D

And- we will probably get sea sick JH. I haven't seen all the show, but I think all of them got sea sick eventually. But we know that JH is tough- he survived the wire work in Volcano High, after all. And not to mention, in Chuno continuing to work even with food poisoning , so I think he'll be OK. 

Oh, and I have a prediction- there is one job that I saw only the captain do, and that is climbing the mast. I predict JH will volunteer to do that too.:sweat_smile:

I will say that within the 3rd episode, I got bored by the show, since I really wasn't interested in any of the guys on the ship, and also it's not an easy watch with all the swaying. With JH I will be probably be more interested, but we'll see how it will come out. I just hope he will come back safe and sound.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Yay! @azureblue7taught him to use clips correctly. :P Btw, OHJ looked good with hair clip.

2 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@budgerie Awww that’s a sad poll idea but my vote would be The Merchant :ph34r: (I agree that WOL was bad but I loved him :wub:)

Oh yes, how can I even forget Merchant? Which is "badder" (worse)? Merchant or WOL?

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

Ya, in our boredom waiting for his next drama (I hope longer episodes drama), let's entertain ourselves. Now is best drama poll, next one probably worst drama, followed by best character (drama and character different ya), followed by worst character. By then we'll probably hear some thing about his (new) drama. HOPEFULLY. :grimace:

54 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Most of the time they are talking- So I think we're gonna get to see what I, at least, always wanted- JH talking as much as he is capable of. and we know he is capable... :) 

So long as we don't have a KJK & CTH onboard, JH will be allowed to speak. Lol. I think no one has cut him off like the 2 of them does.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

46 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Ya, in our boredom waiting for his next drama (I hope longer episodes drama), let's entertain ourselves. Now is best drama poll, next one probably worst drama, followed by best character (drama and character different ya), followed by worst character. By then we'll probably hear some thing about his (new) drama. HOPEFULLY.

noted! :D

chingus, we have selected jang hyuk's money flower for the next re-watch series. so if you have time or going through a drama slump, why don't you join other soompi chingus and watch it together again!

for details, check out:

re: @partyon

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

haha I want to pick at least 5 dramas. I feel a bit bad for my other favorite dramas that I can't pick. 

thinking of how lucky jh fans are. he has dramas every year. and still I want him to have 5 dramas a year.  :crymeme:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, corey said:

I think my worst would be Voice. WOL was at least mildly funny in places.

I am also surprised that Chuno did not make the top three. My top three are actually the top three in the poll - much to my surprise. My close 4th would be SOGC.

OK, who will be participating in the Money Flower re-watch?

Me me me! :highonflowers: and also Innocent Man (my first watch but this one was on my list forever) 

Fun fact: Innocent Man is from Thank You writer and My Country PD

@nyk Same!!! It should be at least 5! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, corey said:

I am also surprised that Chuno did not make the top three. My top three are actually the top three in the poll - much to my surprise. My close 4th would be SOGC.

I will join! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, corey said:

Two of my top three are in the top three of the poll- FTLY and BM. My third is Robbers. I came to love that show...

When I think about the shows that I like the least - Voice will be in that list, but in Voice there actually are some episodes that I can re-watch. But it's WOL and Chuno that I can't stand watching a single episode of them. So it's either WOL or Chuno for me... 

I will join too. When do we start?

• Like 3

OK, so I finished watching the first season of Yacht Expedition, and I must say I was shocked. Maybe because I don't watch that many shows of this type.

I will write what happened in spoiler, if any of you want to watch the show:

Spoiler

the fact is that the expedition failed! They were supposed to sail 21 days without stop, but the guys weren't prepared for what was coming. At day six they faced a Typhoon! The situation was so scary that they couldn't take it anymore and asked to go back. So the captain switched it to a fun sail between islands. 

So, right now- I have no idea what JH is facing. Are they going to attempt the 21 days sail again, or are they going to do a fun sail from the get go? I have no idea. I think the fact that it's mixed gendered now will make going out for a long sail a big mistake. Also, I was actually surprised to learn that season 1 was in June and they are doing another season in the same year in October, which will make for completely different conditions... One thing is for sure, whatever they decide to do, they first need to make sure that whoever goes on this sail doesn't get seasick, because the seasickness made the sail sheer torture for those guys. They really suffered.

The  funny thing is that in the last episode they suddenly started talking about a song, and to may surprise I knew it! It was the song "Snail" that was in FTLY! :) This led to them talking about who should join to season 2. They didn't mention JH, but I thought it was a nice coincidence, now that he is doing season 2...

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, corey said:

@Biology Lesson, I read what you wrote and I really was shaken. I wonder if whoever came up with the idea of this show really thought it through. I am also worried, knowing the K-entertainment industy laissez-faire attitute towards safety.

Watching the show it's clear they didn't know what they were getting themselves into, including the production. 

Spoiler

Even some of the crew got sea sick and were incapacitated. The only person that was completely calm was the captain. That guy did a solo, non-stop sail around the world, so I guess with him the guys were as safe they can be. He said that a yacht is the safest mode of transportation ever invented. But I think he didn't take into account the way "normal" people will take a non-stop 21 days sail. Not just the participants, but also the viewers- to me, even watching the show was difficult! Not just because of the suffering, but also because when it wasn't typhooning, the show essentially consisted of conversations, games and cooking. That's it. It's maybe not nice to say, but thank god for that typhoon or the show would have been a complete bore.

I hope that the production learnt their lesson and that they will change the format and maybe consider safety and comfort a bit more for this coming season.

54 minutes ago, corey said:
  Hide contents

But maybe the captain of the yacht is not suicidal and can overrule whatever stupid things the production team wants to do despite typhoon and such-like...

Spoiler

The captain was the one that decided to go back during the typhoon, with the intention of continuing in their course the moment the typhoon subsided. But the guys were so freaked out by the tall waves, the rain and the sea sickness that they couldn't take it anymore, and asked to abort the mission. One of them actually asked to stop the cameras, I guess  to protect the production and maybe themselves as to not to appear like cowards, but they shouldn't have been put into such a situation. It was insane! They were suffering! But as soon as the captain decided to accept their request I didn't see the production object to that decision. Maybe because most of the production was also freaking out, as they lost contact with their support ship. Yes, it was a complete mess...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

OK, so I finished watching the first season of Yacht Expedition, and I must say I was shocked. Maybe because I don't watch that many shows of this type.

I will write what happened in spoiler, if any of you want to watch the show:

Hide contents

the fact is that the expedition failed! They were supposed to sail 21 days without stop, but the guys weren't prepared for what was coming. At day six they faced a Typhoon! The situation was so scary that they couldn't take it anymore and asked to go back. So the captain switched it to a fun sail between islands. 

So, right now- I have no idea what JH is facing. Are they going to attempt the 21 days sail again, or are they going to do a fun sail from the get go? I have no idea. I think the fact that it's mixed gendered now will make going out for a long sail a big mistake. Also, I was actually surprised to learn that season 1 was in June and they are doing another season in the same year in October, which will make for completely different conditions... One thing is for sure, whatever they decide to do, they first need to make sure that whoever goes on this sail doesn't get seasick, because the seasickness made the sail sheer torture for those guys. They really suffered.

The  funny thing is that in the last episode they suddenly started talking about a song, and to may surprise I knew it! It was the song "Snail" that was in FTLY! :) This led to them talking about who should join to season 2. They didn't mention JH, but I thought it was a nice coincidence, now that he is doing season 2...

Ahhhh now I'm going to hv to watch season 1 last ep. Thx! :gangnamstyle:

But that's so dangerous! They hv all safety precaution including life guard teams to make sure they will be fine? :sleepy:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, corey said:

WOL was at least mildly funny in places.

I'm still ok with Voice (even though it's bad) but I really can't stand WOL. I'm also surprised Chuno didn't make it to top 3. Whenever there's publication about JH, people still talk about Chuno, why they don't talk about his recent works like MF :neutral:so I expected Chuno to hit the top 3 but I can understand now after @dramafan33explained. 

@Biology LessonI'm shocked when I read what you wrote about the yacht sailing for 21 days. My goodness! The production crew definitely doesn't know what it's like to be onboard for 21 days. The underwater currents can be scary with strong wind.

When I was on cruise, I will sit at the balcony (of my room) at 5am to watch the wave. It's scary as in during those moments the current is strong, the wave is wooshing wooshing & the wind is strong. And I'm on a big cruise not a yacht. Can the production team think of safety?

• Like 6