3 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

It's gonna get better and better. :) I always feel sad whenever I see the deaf grandmother.

It's okay. Hahaha. 

I also like Go Du Shim and her role as mom of the brothers. I find her scenes most touching. The drama is quiet funny at the times. Now Lee Ji Ah has to play cheating woman on the screen. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I also like Go Du Shim and her role as mom of the brothers. I find her scenes most touching. The drama is quiet funny at the times. Now Lee Ji Ah has to play cheating woman on the screen. 

I also love the mother of the 3 brothers. Her character is so realistic.

I thought about what you said about imagining Hyukie playing Park Dong Hoon in this drama. While rewatching the scenes that I really loved,  I tried to see Hyukie instead of LKS and it actually works. I hope Hyukie would get this kinds of roles in the future. Imagining him playing it just breaks my heart. In a good way though. :)

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

I thought about what you said about imagining Hyukie playing Park Dong Hoon in this drama. While rewatching the scenes that I really loved,  I tried to see Hyukie instead of LKS and it actually works. I hope Hyukie would get this kinds of roles in the future. Imagining him playing it just breaks my heart. In a good way though. :)

Haha I always imagine Hyukie playing the roles of other characters I watch too 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I usually don't do this but this time I can't stop myself from imagining things. I think this type of character will suit him. Even LSK's facial expressions remind me of JH.

4 hours ago, jhjsw said:

I also love the mother of the 3 brothers. Her character is so realistic.

I I tried to see Hyukie instead of LKS and it actually works. I hope Hyukie would get this kinds of roles 

She is the character for whom I feel most at the time. LSK character is also very realistic. I've seen many people like him in real life and I can relate to his eternal sadness.

For JH I always say I wish to see him playing more realistic and symphathetic  characters. Not because I find him cute but because I know he is capable.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

My goodness, me too! I thought I was missing him too much. I started watching My Ahjussi when @jhjsw mentioned it at the Wok of Love thread.

I remembered reading articles about this drama looking for a male lead and was hoping that Hyukie could accept this role. I think he would be able to play that role very well too. But I had to stop My Ahjussi for a while ..because the more I watched it , the more I get upset with the writing of WOL... .

Like all of you, I also watch WOL only for JH's parts. He is soooo..adorable in it.. although I have to agree that it is quite a waste of his talent but is excellent fan service for us!! 

I really wonder why Swordsman seems to take forever ....anyway  , I  am waiting for more news of Bad Papa..

Meanwhile let's continue to watch him in WOL! 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

I remembered reading articles about this drama looking for a male lead and was hoping that Hyukie could accept this role. I think he would be able to play that role very well too. But I had to stop My Ahjussi for a while ..because the more I watched it , the more I get upset with the writing of WOL... .

Yeah. My ahjussi is very well written from the first ep until the end. I really don't want to compare it with WOL coz it's a different genre but I can't help it. Hahhaa

15 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

Pls give us the dancing scene tonight!!! DCS needs to release his stress and pain :( 

I hope so too. I've been wwiting for it since Hyukie posted and spoiled it for us.hahaha

• Like 2

20 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

I'll see his parts.:)

Ya just watch his parts, cos tbh he's wonderful in there.  Watching him doing his best despite the disappointment of the drama is enough reason for me to continue.  And he's definitely the redeeming part of the show  Take him away, and there'll be nothing interesting to watch.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, jhjsw said:

I really don't want to compare it with WOL coz it's a different genre but I can't help it. Hahhaa

Ha ha. We can't compare the content buy we can compare the quality. Sigh..there are not many good writers in Kdramaland.

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

think he would be able to play that role very well too.

But I had to stop My Ahjussi for a while ..because the more I watched it , the more I get upset with the writing of WOL... .

it is quite a waste of his talent

I really wonder why Swordsman seems to take forever ....anyway  , 

am waiting for more news of 

It must be second or third time when I felt this way. This type of character fits JH perfectly.

Ha ha. I won't stop. I also like Lee Sun Kyun a lot and I'm happy that he is doing so well. I can picture him winning awards for his performance at the end of the year/next year.

Same setiment. Waste of talent.

Is Opus Picture even planning to release the movie this year at all. Looks like it won't be released untill the end of the year.

If the synopsis is accurate then it means JH will also be a MMA fighter. It means he requires to prepare a lot for the role. This means the drama needs good amount of setup time. I wonder which company is producing this? Because I want high quality production for this drama. I prefer to wait for a quality production instead of a rushed low quality work.

25 minutes ago, AgnesO said:

Ya just watch his parts, cos tbh he's wonderful in there.  Watching him doing his best despite the disappointment of the drama is enough reason for me to continue.  And he's definitely the redeeming part of the show  Take him away, and there'll be nothing interesting to watch.

His expressions are so so so cute. I think he is not worried about ratings or criticism at the point though in the initial eps he looked a little bit uncomfortable. Now he is just enjoying his part and giving his best. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

This can chage after a couple of eps though. The writer is pushing hard to make DSW and SP a couple. Drama is called Wok of Love and I cant see or feel love at all....

Ya Like someone mentioned in the WOL thread, they literally went from 0-100 overnight lol. Anyway I fast forwarded anythig without JH parts unless I’m watching live haha.

Another cute fanart

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

Ya Like someone mentioned in the WOL thread, they literally went from 0-100 overnight lol. Anyway I fast forwarded anythig without JH parts unless I’m watching live haha.

Haha I fastforwarded too much in the previous episode that I missed the bus-stop scene until I saw it on instagram, so I had to go rewatch that part

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

Ya Like someone mentioned in the WOL thread, they literally went from 0-100 overnight lol.

I was cringing when DSW was explaining the "anything" menu to SP. Not gonna skip anything for now. I can tolerate it some more. I saw their chemistry once, maybe it will come back. If it continues to be cringe worthy then I'll skip. 

Looking at the DCS and DSW moments, I think DCS has a chance of getting her in the end. It's usually like that. You hurt then you love and you will be loved. Plus, I think 60-70% of the viewers want them to be together. Hahaha. I would rather have DSW end up with DCS, her husband, or no one at all. 

• Like 3

Jang Hyuk's Endless Transformation

In the currently airing SBS’s drama ‘Wok of Love’, Jang Hyuk plays a sincere yet comical big gangster boss. As compared to the favorable reviews he received earlier for his restrained emotional performance in MBC's ‘Money Flower’, he is drawing viewers’ attention again this time with a completely different kind of charm.

Although Jang Hyuk is funny in ‘Wok of Love', he himself does not laugh but instead always carries a serious expression on his face. As a gang leader, he does not instill a scary atmosphere. Even in tense situations, he tries to solve the problem with jokes rather through violence. Jang Hyuk expertly expresses this ‘stumbling gangster’ personality using his unique tone and various gestures. It is an image similar to the dorky charm he revealed in KBS 2 TV entertainment show ‘Dragon Club – Childish Bromance’ aired last year. In addition, the depth of the character is further enhanced through external visuals which Jang Hyuk himself created, such as the sunglasses and suspenders fashion.

It is also a charcter filled with an innocent charm. Undaunted by Jung Ryeo-won's refusal, he said, "Tomorrow you will have not chance to have me” and "You stabbed me with a crush on my side?" 

An official of the drama said, "Jang Hyuk is encompassing a variety of genre here, from drama to comedy, from action to romance. His performance in 'Wok of Love' that makes one laugh with serious acting makes it even more attractive”. 

90197563.2.jpg

http://sports.donga.com/Enter/3/02/20180522/90197383/3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

This can chage after a couple of eps though. The writer is pushing hard to make DSW and SP a couple. Drama is called Wok of Love and I cant see or feel love at all....

Watched 4 eps of My Ajjushi by now. 

Just now, AndreaDern said:

“ can’t feel the love?”

whats with you guys anyway?? When he

feels butterflies every time he sees her?? JH is wonderful in this..I love it!! That little dance was priceless. Also the singing and humming. The girl is terrific as well!  Lay off of JH , and at the same time quit calling him ‘hyukie”...it sounds stupid, and after all he’s a grown man with 3 kids ..show a little respect. 

• Confused 1