On 15/03/2018 at 10:09 PM, kohnlee said:

Lee Joon Ho is the other lead? He is the Chef and JH the gangster. I can already imagine JH arrogant look and he looks best when he is arrogant! 

But if he is playing a gangster, shouldn’t he starts to grow his stubble hahaha! 

How about a looser gangster? Who is so poor at his job that his own people decide to throw him into the jail.  His ambition is to scare at-least one person in his life-time.:tongue:

I wonder how his look will be in the drama? There is no new articles about the drama so should we consider everybody has accepted his or her respective roles? March is about to end and drama is supposed to air in May.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

see this in Twitter  Translation of Joonho's character 

So quiet these days waiting for Janghyuk news update

If he accepts this drama I hope he will also be the lead in this drama.  I am waiting to see him act on screen for so long and then if he appears like 15 mins per episode -..- I gonna be so pissed.

Not anything impressed me except the probability that he will pair up with Jung Rye won haha 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, nyk said:

Not anything impressed me except the probability that he will pair up with Jung Rye won haha 

I knew Jang Ryeo Won won't be paired with Junho but Hyukie and I'm certain they will be main pair. Jung Ryeo Won just had a hit drama too. But twist in the tale according to Joe Taslim's ig Swordsman is coming soon and it means JH had to go for the promotion of this movie. How will he manage if he is shooting the drama at the same time. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I knew Jang Ryeo Won won't be paired with Junho but Hyukie and I'm certain they will be main pair. Jung Ryeo Won just had a hit drama too. But twist in the tale according to Joe Taslim's ig Swordsman is coming soon and it means JH had to go for the promotion of this movie. How will he manage if he is shooting the drama at the same time. 

I notice he starts promoting the movie after his drama ends so 'coming soon' can be during June or July?  

but July is still far away not soon at all. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, nyk said:

I notice he starts promoting the movie after his drama ends so 'coming soon' can be during June or July?  

but July is still far away not soon at all. 

Drama shooting will probably start in April and end in June/July so there is no way he is going to get free time earlier than July. But then the definition of 'soon' maybe different for JH and Joe Taslim! :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I’m in a dilemma. I want him to do that drama because well I want to watch him! But I don’t want him to take up if it’s a second lead role because in my opinion, he is still very capable of doing first lead. Unless it’s a cameo like what he did for his friends movie and even one on some - networking cell thingy, I can’t recall the title. 

Thankfully, I’m busy with my thesis paper otherwise I will be re-watching a lot of stuff hahahaha!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, kohnlee said:

I’m in a dilemma. I want him to do that drama because well I want to watch him! But I don’t want him to take up if it’s a second lead role because in my opinion, he is still very capable of doing first lead. Unless it’s a cameo like what he did for his friends movie and even one on some - networking cell thingy, I can’t recall the title. 

Thankfully, I’m busy with my thesis paper otherwise I will be re-watching a lot of stuff hahahaha!

He won't give up his lead status so soon. He worked very hard half of his life to maintain his position. He just had a hit drama. Maybe both male lead roles will be given equal importance and if JH is really second lead(which I find hard to believe) then he must have reasons to accept the role. Let's wait while making preparation for getting shocked. :lol:

• Like 4

Jang Hyuk X Jung Ryeo-won X Lee Jun-ho, "Greasy Melo" together "April broadcast"

Actors Jang Hyuk, Jung Ryeo Won, and 2PM Lee Joon-ho converge on SBS's new monthly drama 'Greasy Melo'.

'Greasy Melo' is a hot love story of people who are like living grasshoppers thrown in the hot wok (Chinese new frying pan). It is the survival of the protagonist who crashed into the kitchen of the Chinese restaurant Hungry Wok.

Lee Junho is called "Bond hand" and always holds two woks in both hands. He has a strong belief and ignores the people fighting around him, concentrating on making the best dish.

Jung Ryeo Won is born as a daughter of a chaebeol, and her hobby is horse-riding. Although from a wealthy family, the chaos within her family brings her much pain.

Jang Hyuk plays an ex-convict who just spent five years in prison, having 7 previous convictions for fraud and violence.  He was the no.2 leader in the gangster group called The Big Dipper. .

Three people who have accumulated acting skills through various works are gathering attention and it is interesting what kind of chemistry they are offering.

'Greasy Melo' is scheduled to air in end April following 'Let's Kiss First'.

0000362407_001_20180320165708067.jpg?typ

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=468&aid=0000362407

• Like 2

Yes i think it is a comedy, probably that is what draws Hyuk to this role since he might want a change after the oh-so-heavy Money Flower.

Apparently he plays a 40 year old single guy this time, the gang he belonged to is called the 'Big Dipper', and his name is 'Seven Star' (he was the number 2 man in that gang). He is the landlord for the 'Seven Star' building, which the first floor house the 'Hungry Wok' restaurant. His followers (gang members) work in the restaurant.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kohnlee said:

The description sounds like a comedy :) 

Writer Seo Sook-Hyang never wrote something heavy. So yeah, this is definitely comedy. I was actually looking forward to Hyukie going back to comedy as well. So even if he is the 2nd lead (Which I hope not), it's fine. I'll keep an open mind. :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jhjsw said:

Writer Seo Sook-Hyang never wrote something heavy. So yeah, this is definitely comedy. I was actually looking forward to Hyukie going back to comedy as well. So even if he is the 2nd lead (Which I hope not), it's fine. I'll keep an open mind. :)

I read somewhere it’s 2 first lead - so there are 2 pairs of lead. Well, let’s see how it turns out.

• Like 2

Actor Jang Hyuk transforms into a gangster debtor.

On the 21st March, Jang Hyuk's agency, Sidus HQ, said, "Jang Hyuk has confirmed his appearance on SBS new Mon/Tue drama ‘Greasy Melo’ (Playwright Seo Hyung-hyung / Director Park Sun-ho) scheduled to air in May."

'Greasy Melo' is hot love story of people akin to living grasshoppers thrown in a warmed cooking wok. It is attracting attention as a new work of a writer who wrote drama 'Pasta', 'Miss Korea' and  'Jealousy Incarnation' . Jung Ryeo-won also confirmed her appearance as the female lead.

Jang Hyuk will act as a a moneylender with a human touch named Doo Chil Sung who runs a Chinese restaurant in the neighbourhood. He will present Jang Hyuk’s style of action and romance in this story of survival, food and love. In particular, he is described as one who is extremely forward when it comes to his first love.

Through his agency, Jang Hyuk said, “I am very excited for the role because I found the character of Chil Sung intriguing as a gangster who is outside of the law, and I think it will be interesting to mix an action drama with components of a romantic story. The ensemble of the actors seems to be good, and it looks like a work that can be fun. I will study and prepare hard to reach the viewers. Thank you very much. "

Previously, Jang Hyuk took on the role of Kang Pil-joo, a secret master of revenge and birth secrets in MBC's weekend special drama "Money Flower," which was concluded in February. His convincing portrayal of the complicated main character has received much love, and it is worth looking forward to his 180 degrees change in this new work.

The SBS New Mon/Tue drama 'Greasy Melo' starring Jang Hyuk, who foresees a new character transformation, is scheduled to air in May.

201803211006478010_1.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201803211006478010

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

@Prettysup Wow!! Both action and romance in a show!  I wonder if he will show off his horse riding skills as well.. I feel super eager to watch this drama!! April 30 come quickly!

Ya the female lead is supposed to ride in the drama and of course if they are the playing an item, JH should ride

too! Is this April or May?

April, we should be catching the trip to Grand Canyon? 

• Like 3