Quantcast
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, budgerie said:

Actually I got "told off" before by friends that yes, I may like JH but that does not mean everyone has to like him. To me, he's a good actor with good looks & good personality (etc) however, I've also come to realise that I cannot force this down other people's throat. Everyone has their own yardstick as to who is handsome, what is good acting. :D

Actually I tried to force him down someone's throat. Lols  It was my teenage cousin who is also into K dramas. Her mom(my auntie :lol:) alway jokes that she can't tell whether the person in her daughter's phone's wallpaper is a man or woman. My cousin is so much into flower boys. :sweatingbullets:  So I tried to get her into JH but she outright rejected him and said he is 'dad material' to her. :w00t:  Fair enough she was born in the year when JH made Windstruck. Very few people watch K dramas where I live but I think JH's type of looks could have been more popular here. I've still not abandoned my plan of getting more people into JH. 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

I miss seeing his smile.. haha

You know ah, actually Inside Out got 3 of my fav actors. But somehow the movie is a disappointment to me. Simon Yam is one of my fav HK actor. Wallace Huo is one of my fav Taiwan actor (he's a taiwanese by birth). JH is my fav SK actor. But why the movie is not to my liking? Is it the script? Is it the editing? 1 of the reason could be there's no "continuity". Simon Yam speaks his script in cantonese, Wallace in mandarin & JH in korean. In a way I don't know what you saying...you don't know what I saying. How to explain this?

At normal times, Wallace is very good in Costume drama. Love him in the Journey of Flower as well as Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace. Simon Yam in younger days does a lot of good drama & movie. So I was kinda disappointed with Inside Out.

 

12 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

What do you guys think about it? I remember someone commented that while JH was promoting this film, the fans of the other actors got angry? What was the story?

What I had read in chinese was that, at the end of the movie, when the names of the actors were shown, apparently JH name appeared before WH. Simon's name came out first. The chinese fans were upset that their idol is after JH. They perceived it as he's the 3rd lead while JH was the 2nd lead. Something like this, if I STILL remember correctly. Don't know if the sequence were changed eventually.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Ok, started watching and the moment our main female character wouldn't help a woman being a abused ON HER CAR, as she was too busy following her husband, I was out! So, I'm done with this show too...

hahaha! You give up so fast! That woman plays an important part in fhe fl revenge plan ater on.. anyway, I guess that genre may not be suitable for everyone but so far  I like it better than Nobody knows.  I think we need Hyuk back on the screen.

 

3 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

While navigating Viki, I stumbled upon the movie “Ordinary Person”. Did you watch it? I actually find this movie to be very good. Jang Hyuk is in it, but he is not the reason I like the movie. I just find it a good movie in general.  

I watched it some time back and I like it not just because of Hyuk but the other 2 leads are really good. I find the storyline touching too.

 

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

Not sure. Maybe that video of him boxing isn’t the latest one. Haha:sweatingbullets:

Yes. It is not. He still has his long locks  hehe

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guysssss I don’t know what to watch!!!!!!

 

I need a good historical! (But not too long)

 

Or something ADORABLE like Fated to love you! (Or at least cute like “I’m not a robot)

 

But please NO rude shouty male lead and/or silly female lead who acts forcibly “cute” opening her eyes wide and blinking fast! If I see that I’m dropping it! (I’m a bit scarred by the Chicago Typewriter female lead)

 

I also need the drama to be already finished

 

I already have “Prison Playbook”, “My Ahjussi” and “Sky Castle” on my list but I’m not in the mood for those kinds of stories right now 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2020 at 10:33 AM, budgerie said:

How's it? Did you like the lead actor? There's another drama, The Disguiser starring the same lead actor & the actor who acted as Prince Jing.

I liked it. I've seen only a couple of Chinese dramas and it was much more better than all of them. I think all of actors were perfect in their roles. Direction and cinematography is good. Story is consistent and fast paced with very few unbelievable instances although I think final episodes were little bit boring. 

 

Hmmm....are you cleverly pushing a Chinese actor down my throat now ?  :w00t:

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fiesty8001 said:

I liked it. I've seen only a couple of Chinese dramas and it was much more better than all of them. I think all of actors were perfect in their roles. Direction and cinematography is good. Story is consistent and fast paced with very few unbelievable instances although I think final episodes were little bit boring. 

 

Hmmm....are you cleverly pushing a Chinese actor down my throat now ?  :w00t:

Hahaha ....no, I've learnt not to push any actor down people's throat. But I do actually watch more chinese drama more than k drama. I can still find good ahjusshi actors in C entertainment. Some of the drama ML are men in their 40s. However in K drama, these days the drama ML are all the young actors which are not to my liking.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I’m also searching for something to watch and nothing is appealing to me right now :mellow: 

You and me both... I'm considering watching anime. I know there are some really good anime shows. not sure which

 

4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

While navigating Viki, I stumbled upon the movie “Ordinary Person”. Did you watch it? I actually find this movie to be very good. Jang Hyuk is in it, but he is not the reason I like the movie. I just find it a good movie in general.  

I have seen the movie and I liked it, but not that much. There is something about Korean movies that depresses me. I mean some really horrible things happen in this movie, and the end is very depressing. It's like I finish the movie and don't understand what was the point of it. Yeah, I know that there are corrupt people, so- what new angle did this movie give me? none, really... I liked JH's performance. It shows that his range is very wide, but other than that the movie was forgettable to me. I actually like Penthouse Elephant and Rabbit and Lizard much better.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

hahaha! You give up so fast! That woman plays an important part in fhe fl revenge plan ater on.. anyway, I guess that genre may not be suitable for everyone but so far  I like it better than Nobody knows.  I think we need Hyuk back on the screen.

I usually don't give up this fast, but, if this is the genre that I think it is, it's not my thing. I really don't like these types of shows filled with bitter and unlikable people, what some shows will tell us "real" people are like. From what I heard of VIP it also is from this genre. Not interested...

I don't understand- Why can't I have a good romantic show with the realistic sexual behavior like this show has?!  :tears:

 

 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, budgerie said:

Hahaha ....no, I've learnt not to push any actor down people's throat. But I do actually watch more chinese drama more than k drama. I can still find good ahjusshi actors in C entertainment. Some of the drama ML are men in their 40s. However in K drama, these days the drama ML are all the young actors which are not to my liking.

 

 

But you tried to lure me. Didn't you? (-:D-)

 

One of the reason why I avoid C dramas is because of their length. The good thing about C dramas is they move pretty fast(I'm saying it only on basis of few I've watched so my impression can be wrong) while most of K dramas(despite being shorter) drag. 

It's good thing that you are into C dramas now I can rely on you to get good suggestions. I'm only familiar with Chinese movies not dramas.

I've read synopsis of The Disguiser and it looks good. Only downside is it's too long...... 

Seems like all of NIF folks travelled through time machine to make a new drama in another era. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

I usually don't give up this fast, but, if this is the genre that I think it is, it's not my thing. 

I don't like dramas which have toxic marriages and extra-marital affairs. Kim Hee Ae has made her career playing such roles. Seems like such dramas generate good rating in S Korea.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fiesty8001 said:

I don't like dramas which have toxic marriages and extra-marital affairs. Kim Hee Ae has made her career playing such roles. Seems like such dramas generate good rating in S Korea.

That is so strange... why would people like such a subject?! Maybe it makes them feel better about their own life? I don't know... Really not my thing... Maybe the subject matter being about toxic marriage is the reason we won't be seeing JH in such a show any time soon? I mean the only project with such a subject matter he did was Innocent thing, right? And even that he wasn't pleased with, as I understand...

So what C drama would you recommend? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Guysssss I don’t know what to watch!!!!!!

 

I need a good historical! (But not too long)

 

Or something ADORABLE like Fated to love you! (Or at least cute like “I’m not a robot)

 

But please NO rude shouty male lead and/or silly female lead who acts forcibly “cute” opening her eyes wide and blinking fast! If I see that I’m dropping it! (I’m a bit scarred by the Chicago Typewriter female lead)

 

I also need the drama to be already finished

 

I am at episode 13 of Ms Temper and Nam Jung Gi so I have not time for lenghtly posts, he he, but I am preparing one after I finish.

I can only say I am forever indebted to @Biology Lesson for recommending this show. It is just to my taste!!!!

 

Good historical and not too long- have you seen Hwarang and The King Loves? 100 Days my Prince is not too bad either. Cross-dressing fun in The Tale of Nokdu.

 

If you like medical, there is Dr Romantic and Dr Romantic 2 - I really enjoyed it (Season 1 better than Season 2).

I also heard that Signal is  a good drama, but never got round to watching it. See you later when I finish watching Ms Temper :D

  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Guysssss I don’t know what to watch!!!!!!

 

I need a good historical! (But not too long)

 

Or something ADORABLE like Fated to love you! (Or at least cute like “I’m not a robot)

 

But please NO rude shouty male lead and/or silly female lead who acts forcibly “cute” opening her eyes wide and blinking fast! If I see that I’m dropping it! (I’m a bit scarred by the Chicago Typewriter female lead)

 

I also need the drama to be already finished

 

I already have “Prison Playbook”, “My Ahjussi” and “Sky Castle” on my list but I’m not in the mood for those kinds of stories right now 

Me too, hahaha I'm in drought states of JH:bawling::cold_sweat:. He spoilt my taste of drama actors:confounded:.  I finally can watch his movie dance of the dragon:lol: many thanks to christine @ janghyuk_forever for the link:blush:. The movie a bit weird though and very slow in pace (I'm keep yawning ) But JH look so handsome and I can see his fine muscle, it is amazing for my eyes:wub:.

I think there is some problem of directing, because all the cast are very good and talented actor and actress but quite wasted in term of result. Just wondering  why the movie became too stiff and boring for my taste.

I tried watch Cdrama and Jdrama recently, but somehow drop it all I can not stand it because too unrealistic or too slow. :tears:.

 I think I have to go back to my basic re-watch JH drama again.:lol:

 

 


 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lovehyukie said:

 

 I think I have to go back to my basic re-watch JH drama again.:lol:

 

You can also try J drama 'Asa ga kita'. :D

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

That is so strange... why would people like such a subject?

I hope JH never become part of such dramas.:wacko:

Broken families are last thing I would watch on the tv. :mellow:

 

I just can't stop thinking about JH's upcoming project right now !

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @corey Thanks for the suggestions! 
 

I like historicals that are a bit more “historical”. Like, not just using the past as a backdrop but with actual historical characters if possible and where the period of time, society, context plays an important part in the story. In that sense, Hwarang looks like the opposite of my taste :lol: (remember I don’t even find SOGC to be a “good” drama, I only watched it for JH) I’ll check out the others you suggested

 

I’m kind of tired of the cross dressing trope  (at the moment) but Tale of Nokdu is on my list for a future watch (due to some fight/battle scene I saw. That looked well done)

 

I will try Dr Romantic eventually but I’m not in the mood for medical or contemporary drama right now 

 

I watched Signal, and it was good. Also, not in the mood for crime drama :D

 

I know I’m being annoying at the moment and, almost competing with @Biology Lesson in “pickiness” but I’m in such a specific mood :unsure: 

 

I want something like Fated to love you (something adorable, genuinely cute, not forced, a couple with amazing chemistry) or Mr Sunshine (a historical with compelling characters where the historical context plays an important part) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Hi @corey Thanks for the suggestions! 
 

I like historicals that are a bit more “historical”. Like, not just using the past as a backdrop but with actual historical characters if possible and where the period of time, society, context plays an important part in the story. In that sense, Hwarang looks like the opposite of my taste :lol: (remember I don’t even find SOGC to be a “good” drama, I only watched it for JH) I’ll check out the others you suggested

 

I’m kind of tired of the cross dressing trope  (at the moment) but Tale of Nokdu is on my list for a future watch (due to some fight/battle scene I saw. That looked well done)

 

I will try Dr Romantic eventually but I’m not in the mood for medical or contemporary drama right now 

 

I watched Signal, and it was good. Also, not in the mood for crime drama :D

 

I know I’m being annoying at the moment and, almost competing with @Biology Lesson in “pickiness” but I’m in such a specific mood :unsure: 

 

I want something like Fated to love you (something adorable, genuinely cute, not forced, a couple with amazing chemistry) or Mr Sunshine (a historical with compelling characters where the historical context plays an important part) 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi @dramafan33, may be you can try to watch kdrama She was pretty. This drama quite funny for me.  the FL and Siwon choi really cute and crazy fun:lol:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lovehyukie said:

Hi @dramafan33, may be you can try to watch kdrama She was pretty. This drama quite funny for me.  the FL and Siwon choi really cute and crazy fun:lol:

 

Thank you!  She was pretty is on my list but somehow I haven’t pressed “play” yet
 

Also I was going to answer you about “Dance of the Dragon”. I think the problem with that movie was the script itself. It was too blah. Especially the ending or rather, the final “confrontation” (It was just dumb). 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really like the FL in the "Dance of the Dragon".  I've seen her in other local dramas and find her acting boring.  The problem I have with DOTD is the storyline, not impactful and convincing enough.  And JH in this movie is passionate about dancing but he fights better than his dance.  Maybe it'll works better if he's into marital arts rather than dancing...

 

But he's really eye-catching in this movie.  His face, body, his whole physique is a wonder to behold :love:

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

 

I like historicals that are a bit more “historical”. Like, not just using the past as a backdrop but with actual historical characters if possible and where the period of time, society, context plays an important part in the story. In that sense,

 

I want something like Fated to love you (something adorable, genuinely cute, not forced, a couple with amazing chemistry)

 

 

Then watch J drama 'Asa Ga Kita' because it fulfills both of your requirements.

It's based upon actual historic characters and here period plays important part in the context of story. Second it has funny, adorable and quirky couple like FLTY. The drama has good balance of seriousness and humour. I think you will like it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...