Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

FTLY..

First episode first scene:smirk::love::kiss_wink:total scene stealer..heart too..Awwww

You passed the test! If you are ok with the wackyness of the first scene, you will be ok with this show B)

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Well .... look at the Radio host in the clip below...I think she was staring at his super low v shirt, maybe his "man cleavage"  and she went "omo.." before he realised it and quickly adjusted his tshirt..haha!

Oh, man! The way that shirt clings to his body... I wish we had a translation of that interview! Because I remember I tried to listen to it once (yes. And I don't know Korean at all. Am I a fan or not?!), and I think I heard her say the word "sexy" just before he looked down and noticed how low his shirt got :) Damn her!

But the best thing about it is the sincerity of his embarrassment :) A sexy guy that flaunts his sexiness, usually leaves me cold. But a guy that is sexy in spite of himself- that's hot! Another thing I love about him that he never flirts in interviews or makes suggestive comments. Obviously I know this only from the interviews that were translated, but I've never even seen him make a sexual comment. And if a female interviewer or a random woman becomes too aggressive or too touchy with him, he always backs away from the situation. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

We all caught @Prettysup syndrome. Now I need to rewatch Robbers to see him bleed and groan and vomit (and also kiss) :lol: We are sickies! 

Could somebody made a compilation of JH in pain? @Prettysup when is your birthday? This needs to be your gift :P

Haha good idea!! But my birthday this year is already over, so it can be a belated one hehe...

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I miss his smiles already!! Serious OHJ withdrawal symptoms!! Help!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Has anyone read this interview? Apologies in advance if it has been shared before! But I found the content, although nothing totally new, to also have more depth especially when he talks about how he chooses projects. One thing I noticed is that he emphasizes a lot on whether he can and enjoy working with the people on the project. Because you’re spending so much time with them, I can’t imagine how it feels like to not enjoy their company. Maybe that’s why he may not be taking certain large scale projects? Perhaps he isn’t all that familiar with those circle of people? Just my guess. Not that it’s right or wrong or good or bad at all. I’m just glad he knows what he wants, likes, and is comfortable with and sticks to his guns. 

http://en.tenasia.com/archives/39259

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Has anyone read this interview? Apologies in advance if it has been shared before! But I found the content, although nothing totally new, to also have more depth especially when he talks about how he chooses projects. One thing I noticed is that he emphasizes a lot on whether he can and enjoy working with the people on the project. Because you’re spending so much time with them, I can’t imagine how it feels like to not enjoy their company. Maybe that’s why he may not be taking certain large scale projects? Perhaps he isn’t all that familiar with those circle of people? Just my guess. Not that it’s right or wrong or good or bad at all. I’m just glad he knows what he wants, likes, and is comfortable with and sticks to his guns. 

http://en.tenasia.com/archives/39259

I think that probably is an element, though I can't imagine who he doesn't get along with :) For instance on MC he said that he felt lonely cause most of the other actors were younger than him. So maybe that's another factor. Also I think the director has to be willing to give JH a certain amount of freedom and say. JH said that before he starts a project he will sit with the production and state his "demands", as concerning the shooting process itself. 

• Like 3

Have anyone watched thorn/innocent thing? 

This is my night time movie...just started...JH looks awesome with that haircut:kiss_wink: he can be our gym teacher :kiss_wink: teach us boxing etc:lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

11 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Have anyone watched thorn/innocent thing? 

This is my night time movie...just started...JH looks awesome with that haircut:kiss_wink: he can be our gym teacher :kiss_wink: teach us boxing etc:lol:

yes, but I didn't like that movie. Not a single likable character to be found. And the sex scenes had no emotional impact... From what I understood from @fiesty8001, JH took that role to prove that he can work with the director, with whom he already had a bad experience in the past in Volcano High (I think JH almost died on that production). I hope he never works with that guy again.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

That's not strangling.. That's stroking! :DThat was so sexy when he did that... Isn't it strange that when he is in an interview he is so shy and proper, but when he acts... who is the real JH?!  it's like every move he makes is sensual and sexy. He walks? Sexy! He sits with his feet on the window sill? Sexy! He turns? Sexy! He laughs? Extra sexy! And then he goes around and never does sex or kiss scenes! What the hell is that?! :tears: That's cruelty! Sheer cruelty!

This is called teasing, haha...

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

@Biology Lesson i felt really awkward almost annoyed while watching the film because of the fl's constant teasing. At the same time...That fl was like 23 when they shot the movie?! The age gab though:sweatingbullets: (don’t like the idea of student hitting up on teacher story..it’s...weird) 

I..gave up..just gonna stick to OHJ. Haha

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

26 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

@Biology Lesson i felt really awkward almost annoyed while watching the film because of the fl's constant teasing. At the same time...That fl was like 23 when they shot the movie?! The age gab though:sweatingbullets:

Well, the movie is about  a student having a crash on her teacher... What I didn't like was that there was nothing to her beyond her being young, pretty and obsessed. There was no emotional depth here. But it's something that I feel often in Korean movies, especially R-rated ones. shallowness of feelings and just lust. It's like the other extreme of Kdramas, in which there is almost no lust and all feelings.

If you want to watch a JH movie, I liked Lizard and Rabbit (slow and artistic with beautiful JH), Ordinary person (a bit dark and scary JH :) ), The client, Penthouse Elephant (kinda strange and violent, but very good JH) and in Five Senses of Eros, the first story is with JH- very sweet and sexy.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

If you want to watch a JH movie, I liked Lizard and Rabbit (slow and artistic with beautiful JH), Ordinary person (a bit dark and scary JH :) ), The client, Penthouse Elephant (kinda strange and violent, but very good JH) and in Five Senses of Eros, the first story is with JH- very sweet and sexy.

I love how you excluded some of his... *cough...movies..like Empire of lust...saw him with earrings.:lol: 

I'm not sure..but does JH have ear piecings before? 

He looks like someone who would rock rings and earrings though. With the correct haircut and wardrobe of cause. (Maybe in his early stages of life? TJ?)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

I love how you excluded some of his... *cough...movies..like Empire of lust...saw him with earrings.:lol: 

I'm not sure..but does JH have ear piecings before? 

He looks like someone who would rock rings and earrings though. With the correct haircut and wardrobe of cause.

I excluded empire of lust because I didn't really like that movie, and his part is not big enough to make me bother too much with that movie :) Also, the sex scene wasn't long enough (less than 20 seconds!) to make it worth it, though it wasn't bad... :D

I think JH's ears are pierced. Maybe he wore earrings at the time of TJ, not sure. But for sure he wore earring in MC -

תוצאת תמונה עבור Jang hyuk bang won

• Like 1
  • Love 3

45 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

@Biology Lesson i felt really awkward almost annoyed while watching the film because of the fl's constant teasing. At the same time...That fl was like 23 when they shot the movie?! The age gab though:sweatingbullets:

I know you dropped it but you might be interested in this review which contains a lot if insights (and spoilers)

https://stuckonhyuk.wordpress.com/2014/05/06/thorninnocent-thing-stream-of-consciousness-review/

This movie is based on a scenario (script) that won a contest. The director, who is famous for being tough and stubborn had his interpretation of it and according to my friend, it left important details out. My friend read the whole script before watching the movie, so she wrote this review based on that comparison (you need to scroll down a bit, to get to that part)

Jang Hyuk interpreted the script closer to my friend’s interpretation too, in which Junki, the male protagonist, did develop feelings for her, she made him feel better since his self esteem was low, and he felt sorry for her loneliness. The age gap and inappropriateness of the relationship is part of the whole point though.

Unfortunately the director wanted to leave too many things to audience’s imagination so he cut scenes that conveyed feelings thus making the movie more shallow. He made a concession with Jang Hyuk and filmed some scenes “Jang Hyuk way” and obviously another take with his way. It seems in the end he mostly picked his way. Jang Hyuk said in a premiere event something like he had no idea if the audience would understand his character. Without being rude it was clear he didn’t agree with the director’s take on many scenes. He had an experience with this director during Volcano High and at that time, a mote candid young actor, he openly expressed this director was way scary and tough. 

I kinda wish I’d seen Jang Hyuk’s version. It’s almost heartbreaking because this movie (if it had followed the original script) would’ve been much more than simply a thriller about an obsessed girl. It was more a man in a suffocating marriage, who had never truly been in love with his wife, with a lowered self esteem and a lonely abandoned girl who was seeking a connection (maybe a father figure?) anything! she was one of those rich girls who never see their parents. Some of these emotional scenes were actually filmed (there were photos of them) but cut from the movie. And yes, he looked beautiful in it, so it was a waste. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

3 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think JH's ears are pierced. 

Aww. That picture...that angle with that earring is :love: earrings on him made him look and feel so different.:kiss_wink: 

Never knew their period dramas...guys wear earrings...it's the new level of stylish. JH just so happens to fit in the handsome and cool level.:lol:

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Sushimi said:

Aww. That picture...that angle with that earring is :love: earrings on him made him look and feel so different.:kiss_wink: 

Never knew their period dramas...guys wear earrings...it's the new level of stylish. JH just so happens to fit in the handsome and cool level.:lol:

He does :)

As to other jewelry, yeah, you are right, with the right wardrobe... :sweatingbullets:

תוצאת תמונה עבור jang hyuk bazaar

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Btw in the previous interview link I shared, I noticed this statement of his, which I think gives us abit of insight into why we don’t see him in the usual characters that mainstream actors take. Because those kind of characters in the typical shows and even (welp!) romantic coms are usually very popular, lovable, and to an extent, cookie cutter? Doesn’t fit the bill of what “interests” him. Does that make sense? 

It’s not the genre but the characters I was drawn to. I’ve always been fond characters who are removed from the mainstream, people who are a bit different and maybe somewhat isolated. I’ve always been attracted to such characters.”

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

Btw in the previous interview link I shared, I noticed this statement of his, which I think gives us abit of insight into why we don’t see him in the usual characters that mainstream actors take. Because those kind of characters in the typical shows and even (welp!) romantic coms are usually very popular, lovable, and to an extent, cookie cutter? Doesn’t fit the bill of what “interests” him. Does that make sense? 

It’s not the genre but the characters I was drawn to. I’ve always been fond characters who are removed from the mainstream, people who are a bit different and maybe somewhat isolated. I’ve always been attracted to such characters.”

This sounds like OHJ , LYO , YBW and quite a number of other characters that he has done. I wonder if he is like this in real life too. A little different from mainstream.. :wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Another thing I love about him that he never flirts in interviews or makes suggestive comments. Obviously I know this only from the interviews that were translated, but I've never even seen him make a sexual comment. And if a female interviewer or a random woman becomes too aggressive or too touchy with him, he always backs away from the situation. 

Indeed, apart from acting, we know he doesn't flirt, he doesn't make sexual remarks, he doesn't get touchy with woman....I think all these is out of respect/love for his wife & also he knows ver clearly his status as a married individual.

It's truly not easy to maintain that clean record of no spare wheel in the marriage. In the entertainment industry, you don't even need to sleep with the other party, you just need to be seen in public with another woman & your reputation is gone into the dustbin straight. I do pity artistes, can't they also have platonic friendship with another woman? It could be their ex classmate who happened to be a woman. I mean, even for ordinary folks like us, surely we have ex classmate who are the opposite sex, whom we still keep in touch, that kind of thing. 

he emphasizes a lot on whether he can and enjoy working with the people on the project. Because you’re spending so much time with them, I can’t imagine how it feels like to not enjoy their company. Maybe that’s why he may not be taking certain large scale projects? Perhaps he isn’t all that familiar with those circle of people? Just my guess. Not that it’s right or wrong or good or bad at all. I’m just glad he knows what he wants, likes, and is comfortable with and sticks to his guns.

So true. In each production, there are so many people. Artistes, directors, writers, to all the back stage people. I truly admire the actors/actress, even having never met before, they still can act like as though they've been in love for decades. Or worse, if the movie requires the actress to strip. Takes a lot of guts to enter this profession.

I've always wished (but it'll never happen) his wife would talk about "living with an actor husband"..... how does she cope with the physical long term absence of him, the emotional aspect, haha, the intimate aspect. I think not everyone of us can marry an actor. If we can't cross that barrier that he has to be intimate & kiss other women, no matter how much we love that man, is not an easy step to marry someone who "disappears" most of the time.

For instance on MC he said that he felt lonely cause most of the other actors were younger than him. So maybe that's another factor. Also I think the director has to be willing to give JH a certain amount of freedom and say. JH said that before he starts a project he will sit with the production and state his "demands", as concerning the shooting process itself. 

Hey, I definitely agree on this. If we're talking to someone who's 20 years younger than us, is really have that generation gap. Not that who's right & who's wrong, but is just the thinking is different.

12 hours ago, Sushimi said:

he can be our gym teacher :kiss_wink: teach us boxing etc:lol:

Actually I could "relate" to THORN as in it sort of happened to me & my girls classmates when we were 15 years old, in our academic year 9. We had a handsome PE teacher (aged around 30s), married but we thought he was single. And you know, these PE sirs all have good body. :DEsp when he comes into PE lesson in FBT shorts. So I thought I might enjoy THORN which brings me back to my school days.

But alas, the movie was in such a mess! By the end of it, I don't even know if JK actually love the student. Some said yes, some said lust. Perhaps the directing wasn't showing us enough of why JK felt that way. All I could see was more lust than love.

11 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I excluded empire of lust because I didn't really like that movie, and his part is not big enough to make me bother too much with that movie :) Also, the sex scene wasn't long enough (less than 20 seconds!) to make it worth it, though it wasn't bad... :D

EOL was more telling of the other guy's story with the prostitute than BW story. I mean, that's how I felt. His sex scene were done in a mess too! But the other guy's sex scene were long & uninteresting. K movie tend to make their lovemaking scene a put off more than anything else. I rather they just show "a little" like show them undressing than ok, cut off. Leave the rest to audience imagination than showing us the whole lovemaking scene which is a put off. 

JH aspires to be an actor, not a hearthrob. There are actors who only does love stories, maybe 1 or 2 drama & we're fine with it but if every drama also love, I don't know abt you but I'll get damn bored with this actor.

I like to see my actor being able to fight, able to fly (waiting for JH to fly), able to love, able to cry, able to kill (war genre), able to run (detective genre) etc. Likewise I also like actresses who are not flower vase & look pretty only.

• Like 4