2 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

Theres an eye button on the top right of the box when you are typing your comment. Click on that. 

Juji tv website? 

Lol quick watch it without subs!! Do you want spoilers from us or you want to wait for Netflix? All your Bang Won fans are here in this forum lol :lol:

Thank you. Ok I saw the eye.

Yes Juji website because hanjuwang website no chinese subtitle. Previously I watched in hanjuwang website have chinese subtitle.

I assume you have watched episode 15 already, so has @prettysup. I feel like ranting! Ok I'm going to put on "spoiler" for those who have watched so that we can rant about episode 15. 

Spoiler

What's with the writer really? In writer's mind, people get stabbed can still get healed miraculously. 

At the end of episode 14, we saw SH stabbed Hwi and SH said in his world, there is no Bang Won and no Hwi. He also said Hwi saved him and BW didn't kill him but he isn't appreciative of it. So ungrateful SH. But notice that Hwi is still able to fight even though he's been stabbed by SH. Than when SH went to fight with Bang Won, BW stabbed him, he was almost cannot get up, but he also got miraculously healed and can come to fight with Bang Won again. I hate Hwi here. So ungrateful too. He told BW he will chase SH but he led SH off the hook. Thankfully BW is aware of this. Cannot trust Hwi. The real mastermind is King. Now I don't know if BW really killed Hwi father or king lied to Hwi just to frame BW. I think the twist will be both men team up against BW and both got killed by BW. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

but it’s a drama ruined by the writer, I shall not believe any more dramas by this writer.

I agree 100% esp when people who get stabbed brutally can still get healed miraculously and it happened like throughout the drama one too many times. So what's the point of making people get stabbed because the audience know that they will get healed thus the excitement of the stabbing is gone. And this is a "tell" drama rather than a "show" drama. Like we know Bang Won killed ________and ___________and ___________but it wasn't shown to us so it could be he is not the killer. Until now we still do not know what happened at the forest during the escape with boy boy crown prince and how come HJ hated Bang Won after that? Than next we know, HJ is working together with Bang Won (because of Hwi) but I thought she hated Bang Won? So what happen? She didn't hate Bang Won already? 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

Haha actually you guys do not have to hide spoilers here as long you discuss stuffs after they have been aired on Korean TV, but since the English subs are coming out so late again, I shall put a big spoiler alert tag here just in case.

Yay! Then we can discuss but just put spoiler tag haha. 

Spoiler below:

It’s true when some knetz say this is a Zombie movie. That’s the most ridiculous thing about this show that I can’t even fathom. Seon Ho was bleeding and found it hard to move when Hwi stabbed him the last time. And now once he stabbed Hwi, Hwi recovers miraculously and could run and find his friends? And he even told Mun Bok he didn’t get stabbed very deeply. Didn’t we see the sword go all the way through his stomach and out of his back? So RIDICULOUS. 

And lets remember that knetz wanted Sun Ho and Hwi to reunite as friends. The only way they could reunite was for them to be back on the same fighting side. And to make that happen, either Sun Ho sides with Bang Won (which will never in his life happen) or Hwi betrays Bang Won (which has always been likely because Hwi had never had any ambition nor care for the country :P).

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

Some snippets of ep 15

Finally more fight scenes!

I swear- it feels like they are kids in the playground, and everyone wants to play with JH! :) it feels like JH is telling these guys in the fight scenes- OK, so the show is ending, so who wants to have a fight scene with me? You know me, I'll make sure the scene will look great, while I will also make sure you will look good in it! This is what I'm known for... :D

I know some people are bothered by the "twist" , but even though the writing in the show is not great and it's a mess at times, JH managed to use that mess to make BW such a rich and interesting character. So complex he's actually alive, as many comments say. It's funny, but in a way that's exactly what he did in Chuno...  And since the script was finalized only two weeks ago, I wonder if that twist was added last minute, or was it planned from the get go... 

I'm OK with this- JH achieved what he wanted, while  the poor leads have been so overshaddowed, it's like they live in permanent darkness. This was unintentional, I'm sure, since JH is a nice guy, so I really hope they take this experience as a privilege they had acting with JH. 

And now- I'm more than happy it's over, so that JH can hopefully move on to lead a show with better writing...

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

17 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

But seriously- no one is commenting about how good JH looked in this episode?! Maybe that's because he looks good every episode... Yeah, I guess that can get old... :joy:

Imagehttps://twitter.com/christinejhsr/status/1198011908260945920

He’s dashing as usual but I think I just can’t get behind this particular hairstyle haha. Looks abit homeless lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

18 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Yay! Then we can discuss but just put spoiler tag haha. 

Hahaha! Ya I put in spoiler just now (my ranting) so that I don't spoil it for those who haven't watched. 

Spoiler below:

It’s true when some knetz say this is a Zombie movie. That’s the most ridiculous thing about this show that I can’t even fathom. Seon Ho was bleeding and found it hard to move when Hwi stabbed him the last time. And now once he stabbed Hwi, Hwi recovers miraculously and could run and find his friends? And he even told Mun Bok he didn’t get stabbed very deeply. Didn’t we see the sword go all the way through his stomach and out of his back? So RIDICULOUS.

Exactly right? Hwi got stabbed and can still go fight. SH got stabbed until cannot get up but can still recover and fight. And esp SH got stabbed by Bang Won, it's Bang Won ah, not some toy sword. Miraculously healed and can take on Bang Won again. Writer-nim, this tactic bluff children one ah. 

Hwi betrays Bang Won 

Didn't we already see that at the end of episode 15 when he left together with SH. Ok than I hope writer-nim make Bang Won like the history Bang Won, KILL. This way netizens cannot complain much because it's following history. Don't come up with some crap deviating from the history.

18 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I swear- it feels like they are kids in the playground, and everyone wants to play with JH! :) it feels like JH is telling these guys in the fight scenes- OK, so the show is ending, so who wants to have a fight scene with me? You know me,

I'll make sure the scene will look great, while I will also make sure you will look good in it! This is what I'm known for...

And what I hate most is that both swords will intertwine and still got time to talk. Or both swords intertwine and both stare at each other. It makes the fighting so non exciting. 

18 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I know some people are bothered by the "twist" , but even though the writing in the show is not great and it's a mess at times, JH managed to use that mess to make BW such a rich and interesting character. So complex he's actually alive, as many comments say. It's funny, but in a way that's exactly what he did in Chuno...  And since the script was finalized only two weeks ago, I wonder if that twist was added last minute, or was it planned from the get go... 

I'm OK with this- JH achieved what he wanted, while  the poor leads have been so overshaddowed, it's like they live in permanent darkness. This was unintentional, I'm sure, since JH is a nice guy, so I really hope they take this experience as a privilege they had acting with JH. 

And now- I'm more than happy it's over, so that JH can hopefully move on to lead a show with better writing...

I feel more sorry for HJ. Her role is really redundant in my opinion. But yes, hope the 3 leads treasure their filming time with JH and learn from this sunbaenim. 

I (we) hope that the writing for his new drama is more realistic. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I haven’t watched the episode but I feel the twist is actually brilliant (and thats a lot to say in a drama where writing and plot has not been the strongest aspect) 

Spoiler

I completely agree with your statement above. I think this twist was probably planned from the beginning. The fact that Seogeom’s death was kept a mistery, Namjeon telling Hwi: If I tell you I didn’t kill him, would you believe me? (Btw Namjeon could’ve used this to separate Hwi from Bangwon a long time ago, duh!) the fact that Bangwon was always vague when talking to Hwi about Seogeom. The phrase: “Killing your friend’s father, the guilt is unbearable” now has a new meaning doesn’t it? 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

@dramafan33the spoiler you requested - BW cuts :D

Spoiler

It started with SH stabbed Hwi. SH in previous episode ending said in his world, there is no BW and no Hwi. He continued to say Hwi saved him before and BW didn't kill him, but he (SH) is not appreciative of this kindness. SH told Hwi he will kill BW. Hwi said still got Ban Gan. SH said also have the (current) king and the (previous) king. NEXT SCENE Bang Won prepared to go hunting, he said why his heart feels heavy. His personal guard said because Bang Gan (is this his name-the act funny one who team up with SH) wants to kill you. It's a fight that is unavoidable. Bang Won said precisely it is a fight unavoidable that's why I feel like this. NEXT SCENE : SH gave instructions to his soldiers to kill BW guards first than kill BW. All must be killed. NEXT SCENE : BW asked BG why go hunting for wild chicken also need to bring so many soldiers? BG answered, you go hunting so many times you still don't know the logic behind? You hunt for wild chicken but sometimes can also catch tiger. BG said who knows, maybe can catch white tiger today? BW gave a cunning laugh. Bang Won played along and described how they are to corner the white tiger and kill it. They stopped at the area where a corpse was there. BG said "brother, isn't that your private soldier" and drew his sword for a fight. Short fight here. BW told BG to put down the sword. BG asked, if you become king, will we (BW bros) be able to live? BW said yes. BG said "who believe you". BW asked BG, than answer me even if it is a lie, if the bros become king, will I be able to live? BG said if he becomes a king, the 1st to die is BW.  (Take a break first)....

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Ok than I hope writer-nim make Bang Won like the history Bang Won, KILL. This way netizens cannot complain much because it's following history. Don't come up with some crap deviating from the history

I actually only watched 15 mins, haven’t continued the rest because I was busy haha. Will watch later. 

So I guess might as well let him stay true to his ruthless colors and show his anger right? Haha. But at least JH has allowed the audience to see a humanistic side of Bang Won, and we know that his not a black and white character, he’s a grey character. Except he’s purposeful unlike the other two. 

Yeah lets not be upset about the twist, there are bigger writing issues through the whole drama than the twist haha. I think the premise of how the writer set it up was not a very strong premise to begin with because the veterans often overshadowed the leads. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I feel that the writer was trying to do too many things and it ended up neither here nor there. It wasn’t really a coming-of-age movie because it was too dark and the veterans were overpowering the juniors, and it wasn’t historical enough also because it focused on the 3 leads stories which weren’t set up strong. I felt that only Sun Ho was the one with abit of a mission but he felt lost. Hwi and Hee Jae... I don’t know what they were fighting for. Actually I don’t think they cared much about the country, they just wanted to survive and cared about his sister, his love/friends and Iwharu. I couldn’t see any patriotism in them. 

Not sure about ratings last night but I have a feeling the show isn’t drawing enough casual viewers beyond the fans of the 3 leads and to a certain extent JH. The ratings have stagnated, and the initial setup was not strong enough to draw a larger crowd following. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

@dramafan33(Continue of episode 15 - BW cuts)

Spoiler

BW threw his fan on the floor and picked up his sword. He said to BG let's fight. BG said when he was fighting with real sword, BW was still fighting with wooden sword (indicates their age difference) but BW said you haven't seen the me carrying a real sword. BG said let me see the you with a real sword then. Fight breaks out. SH arrived with his soldiers. When BG saw SH, he said to BW, the time has come. SH ordered to kill everyone. Fighting! SH dashed towards BW. Their swords intertwined and BW said to SH, so you are still alive. SH said actually I have no reason to live but because of you, I have a reason to live. BW asked, do you know why I let you live? SH said is it to laugh at my desperate state? BW said it is because of _______(I didn't get this part). SH said let me show you the price of letting me live and fight BW. The fighting stop. BW asked SH, do you know between you and me where is the difference? BW said you only see me. But I see everything about you that's why you cannot win me. The miraculously healed Hwi arrived to fight with soldiers to fight. SH is seriously wounded by BW and his guard helped him to escape. BW ordered a chase and Hwi volunteered to chase but actually is to let SH escape. BG is caught by BW guards. Hwi came back. BW asked if he let SH off. BW said he will come back to kill me and this time I will not let him off. BW asked Hwi what will you do then? Hwi replied protect my friend. BW said than I will have to kill you as well.  (Continue later). :grimace:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

So I guess might as well let him stay true to his ruthless colors and show his anger right? Haha. But at least JH has allowed the audience to see a humanistic side of Bang Won, and we know that his not a black and white character, he’s a grey character. Except he’s purposeful unlike the other two. 

Yeah lets not be upset about the twist, there are bigger writing issues through the whole drama than the twist haha. I think the premise of how the writer set it up was not a very strong premise to begin with because the veterans often overshadowed the leads. Maybe I’m in the minority, but I feel that the writer was trying to do too many things and it ended up neither here nor there. It wasn’t really a coming-of-age movie because it was too dark and the veterans were overpowering the juniors, and it wasn’t historical enough also because it focused on the 3 leads stories which weren’t set up strong. I felt that only Sun Ho was the one with abit of a mission but he felt lost. Hwi and Hee Jae... I don’t know what they were fighting for. Actually I don’t think they cared much about the country, they just wanted to survive and cared about his sister, his love/friends and Iwharu. I couldn’t see any patriotism in them. 

Not sure about ratings last night but I have a feeling the show isn’t drawing enough casual viewers beyond the fans of the 3 leads and to a certain extent JH. The ratings have stagnated, and the initial setup was not strong enough to draw a larger crowd following. 

I feel that this BW may differ from the original BW in the sense that this BW became ruthless because of circumstances. I too feel the same that the writer could have kept the story simple. Is either a BW story or a SH story or a Hwi story. Too many stories that ended up messy with us "wondering what had happened" .....somehow the title The New Age doesn't really fit at all and it isn't historical enough as you've mentioned. Only that BW king and NJ even the Queen held the fort. At the end of the drama, we might be scratching our head what's the summary of this drama. I can only say that king wanted to hold onto his kingship (forever), Queen wanted her son to be the king, BW wanted to succeed the throne. As for Hwi, SH and HJ, what's their purpose in life? 

• Like 6

@dramafan33(continue episode 15 - BW cuts) 

Spoiler

Ex King seated with his guards. He said he missed those times when they fought battles with him. He said previously they the guards will protect him with their swords. But now he (ex king) is old. 1 of his guard brought up matter about NJ. Ex king said it isn't NJ. The battle is about to begin. Referring to his battle with BW. The boys reconciled. BW visited BG in prison. He asked BG who instigated him to kill, BG said it is their father. BW teared. Hwi wanted to see the ex king via BW. The king commented that Hwi looks like his father and asked BW is it? BW didn't answer. Hwi said my father and king are 2 different types of people. How come you talk about my father? Ex king revealed your father is BW teacher. Hwi got a shocked. (To be continued). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Exactly right? Hwi got stabbed and can still go fight. SH got stabbed until cannot get up but can still recover and fight. And esp SH got stabbed by Bang Won, it's Bang Won ah, not some toy sword. Miraculously healed and can take on Bang Won again. Writer-nim, this tactic bluff children one ah. 

I feel more sorry for HJ. Her role is really redundant in my opinion. But yes, hope the 3 leads treasure their filming time with JH and learn from this sunbaenim. 

I (we) hope that the writing for his new drama is more realistic. 

And Hwi attributes his miraculous recovery to that miracle medicine which can numb all pain haha... Even if you do not feel pain, you would have died of blood loss 1000x over.

And yeah I think the 3 leads are still so new, nothing wrong with being overshadowed here. Many ppl their age don't even get to be leads in this competitive K-drama world, so they should count themselves lucky already.

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

You can find the latest ratings in wikipedia, I update them at 6:30 am right after the results got published.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

And Hwi attributes his miraculous recovery to that miracle medicine which can numb all pain haha... Even if you do not feel pain, you would have died of blood loss 1000x over.

And yeah I think the 3 leads are still so new, nothing wrong with being overshadowed here. Many ppl their age don't even get to be leads in this competitive K-drama world, so they should count themselves lucky already.

You can find the latest ratings in wikipedia, I update them at 6:30 am right after the results got published.

Exactly. You take painkiller you can still go fight but how about the blood loss would have made you no strength and going to die already. That's why this writer never use brain when writing. How many times we see in this drama people don't die one after being stabbed. 

After having come this far, I don't blame the leads. They are trying their best to play their role and their acting has improved esp the boys. HJ acting is still in need of improvement. They should count their blessings that they got JH in their ship. He would have given them lots of guidance and giving them the space and room for improvement. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The Reel Life said:

I completely agree. The writers of the show wanted to go for a gimmick, which was to focus on characters that were involved in the time of BW, but wanted to keep him only in the background, and they failed miserably. Clearly they had no clear plan, no actual story, and as a result BW broke free from the background into the foreground. And devoured it! 

Without the historical story, the show has nothing. These 3 fictional character are cardboard characters that were never established. The constant time jumps served as an excuse in that capacity. Now they are smart and brave, because the writers tell us something impactful happened in the time jump, but they never show it. And as you said, they have no motivation besides petty emotions- he killed my dad, so I will kill him. He saved me- so now I will be on his side. And Hee Jae- I have no idea what was the point in her. But clearly all three believed or cared for nothing but themselves. The title of the show is more than misleading. I think the writers don't even understand patriotism. They are not deep enough to convey such complex emotions and beliefs, like the writers from Tree with Deep Roots...

As to JH fans watching this show- I think we already spoke about how the promotion of the show was really bad. To this day I see twitter posts of people shocked to find out that JH is in the show. I think the casual JH fan, meaning fans that like him but don't follow him closely, had no idea he was in the show. I don't understand what was the point in hiring him for the show, and not using him almost at all in the promotion. I mean they did a second press conference, but what was the point in that if the footage from it was never released?!

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Exactly. You take painkiller you can still go fight but how about the blood loss would have made you no strength and going to die already. That's why this writer never use brain when writing. How many times we see in this drama people don't die one after being stabbed. 

After having come this far, I don't blame the leads. They are trying their best to play their role and their acting has improved esp the boys. HJ acting is still in need of improvement. They should count their blessings that they got JH in their ship. He would have given them lots of guidance and giving them the space and room for improvement. 

It's fascinating to see the difference in their acting. The guys were actually good, but they weren't commanding the screen, while JH was. It looked like JH was explaining a bit to Do Hwan in the scene where he cut his ropes. I hope these guys listened closely to JH...

As to the magically healing injuries- Most shows or movies that have action in them will usually be unrealistic about how their heroes handle injury , but I've never seen a show being so blatant about it! It's like this show was written by children or like it's a parody! It reminds me of this scene from Monty Pyton and The holy grail... :joy:

tumblr_mqwep6KBbA1stpdklo1_500.gif&f=1&n

tumblr_n63irrqAHf1re2179o2_500.gif&f=1&n

• LOL 4

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

:bawling:

I can't  decide if it is a good twist...I need to watch tonight's ep.. 

Spoiler! alert!

Hide contents

They use JH here not the teenage actor? using the teenage one is making more sense coz Hwi and BW differ not too much in age. When his father died Hwi maybe 11 or 12 and SG said his first student is his son to BW so thats make Hwi already knew how to fight. I think when they use the teenage one we can see how ruthless BW even in his youth. :mellow:

• Insightful 3