(Continuation of episode 15) 

Spoiler

Ex king, current king & BW seated. Current king presented a scroll to the ex king to seal the document. Is CP coronation which current king had chosen BW. Ex king said #1 #6 #7 #8 have died, so BW can't kill them. #2 is the current king so it's hard for BW to kill him. BG is in prison, if he isn't in prison, BW will kill him too. Ex king told the current king to watch the outcome of being afraid of BW. BW will rule this country with blood and ex king slammed the seal down. BW asked the ex king to see how he (BW) will run this country with firmness for the next generation. Ex king said the CP coronation is 3 days later. I hope you will be safe before the coronation. 

BW entered his room dressed in black. Hwi is there. BW said you come because you have something to say. Hwi requested to see the army for the northern. Hwi wants to persuade them not to be made use of by the ex king. Hwi said that is mine and yours only road to survival. BW asked Hwi, why you don't ask me the reason for killing your father. Hwi replied I said before, I will forget everything so there is no reason to ask you. BW told Hwi what he did to Hwi father and killed him. Hwi got angry and said don't say anymore. The reason I didn't kill you is not because you are a prince but is to protect the people who mean to me. BW said, than you hate me and hate me, so that I am able to kill you. Hwi said he will bring a certain kind of wine, than you can kill me. BW said you need to come before the CP coronation, after that day, it will be of no use anymore. Hwi asked BW to keep his promise. BW said, at the end, you Hwi is unable to be yourself. Hwi answered, you Prince is unable to have anyone. BW said, at the end, is it everything will be gone? (To be continued).

• Like 3

(Continuation of episode 16) (BW cuts only) 

Spoiler

(I don't really understand this part) but ex king was playing chess and he asked his guard about something related to chess strategy aka war strategy. Something about although there is defence and attack, but not everyone will live. Ex king told the guard to discreetly kill "someone" (which I don't know who) otherwise BW will die too (is ex king protecting BW here)? 

BW looking at his fan. His personal guard asked him, want to kill until what sort of level/degree? BW burnt his fan and said kill all. BW personal guard reported that although "they" have won, but the damages are great too. Bang Won asked "Hwi"? Guard replied "alive". 

Handsome BW dressed in CP attire. Ex king refused to attend. Current king persuade him to attend. Current king said the ceremony is unable to proceed without ex king. Ex king said his thinking is the same as BW. From today onwards, BW is the CP. But I (ex king) do not congratulate him.  

Bang Won enters the empty court angrily. He stomped towards the throne (chair) and threw his CP hat onto the seat. The 2 boys came to the palace want to kill BW. SH got stabbed by BW personal guard and the soldiers (but he miraculously don't die instantly). So sad that BW guard stood too near to SH and SH managed to stab him as well and he collapsed pretty fast (I like BW personal guard too. He is very loyal to BW). 

Hwi marched into the court where BW is standing. The soldiers followed and wanted to arrow Hwi but BW gestured them to stop. BW said I wish you don't come but on the otherhand, I wish you come to see. Hwi asked BW why you break your promise? Hwi asked why you don't trust me? Hwi said I thought you will be different. Hwi said I thought you at least won't abandon anyone. (Continue....)

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Prettysup Yiiikes! Why so cold freaking Bangwon? Ugh! Im kinda disappointed in him, even though I know he was who he was, but I know he ended up caring for Hwi genuinely and felt guilty towards him so why act like a cold hearted richard simmons now? At least say sorry!?! Like, yeah I killed your dad and I’ll have to kill you but hey “it hurts me more than it hurts you” or something lolol, or sorry but wikipedia says I’m a psychopath and I can’t help myself but your dad was a great man and so are you. Why this need to rub his heinous act on Hwi’s face? Almost feels like noble idiocy when the male lead is trying to get the female lead to hate him ugh! 

And where’s the “I never desert my people” BS and “the country of the abandoned” BS?  I wish they had shown Yi Bangwon’s “country” a bit, to feel that all the sacrifice that was done to make him king, was worth something and that he at least kept his word on building a nation for the people (we know in real life he was bloodthirsty but he did many good things for the advancement of the dynasty. They could’ve shown that in one scene)

Thank you so much for this translation :D although I was referring to their last dialogue when Hwi went to “kill” him.

SPOILER ALERT:

I definitely felt that the justification for him to kill Hwi and Seon Ho was very weak too. I think the writer just wanted both leads to die and the writing is sloppy that’s why it didn’t make sense. We know the real BW is cruel, he could kill anyone (except his blood family) so come to think of it, if he could kill Seo Geom whom he said was like a father figure to him, why couldn’t he do the same with Hwi? But we must remember that the Seo Geom-Hwi relationship is fictional so that’s just how the writer wanted to portray LBW, merciless.

Why I said the writing is sloppy is because LBW’s words are inconsistent with his actions. And like you said he just wanted to rub it in the fact that he killed Seo Geom. Really, he could have spared both their lives or at least Hwi, he didn’t need Hwi to die to save Hwi’s loved ones, technically. It isn’t as though Hwi and Seon Ho was going to attack him, they half gave up already and he was already becoming king. Him attacking the village of innocent ppl was just to show his power and was pretty illogical to me. It had no bearing to the outcomes, hence it was death for the sake of adding drama.

I must admit the last scene made me teary, and the flashbacks of our young leads too. From being joyful, innocent commoners, to such a tragic ending. That first test to become a palace official was the starting point that changed the lives of our two leads, and they got entangled in this whole craziness and there was no turning back. 

but of course I’m glad that knetz did not hate BW’s character. They were able to look past that and was still full of praises for JH. This is attributed to his JH had managed to paint a humane character of BW so much so that people “understood” his pain more than focused on his killings. 

And I’m so glad reading the article that @Prettysup shared. JH himself is very happy and satisfied with his opportunity and portrayal of BW. I’m so happy for him and his decision to do this role. Great director, great actors, sloppy writer (what a waste of opportunity!), lacklustre promotions. Nonetheless, grateful for this short ride.

Now, onto the next journey with our profiler Oh Hyun Jae!

• Like 6

(Continuation of episode 16 last part) (BW cuts only) 

@Prettysupalready done the 2nd dialogue between Hwi and BW. 

Spoiler

Hwi left the courtroom. He hugged SH and SH could still tell long story to Hwi. BW seated at the throne laughing feeling very sad. He said to himself “hard work" and his face turned fierce signifying a ruthless king ahead??? Hwi is killed by arrows (The rest of the drama is about Hwi friends and so on).....

We've come to the end of MC. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

And where’s the “I never desert my people” BS and “the country of the abandoned” BS?  I wish they had shown Yi Bangwon’s “country” a bit, to feel that all the sacrifice that was done to make him king, was worth something and that he at least kept his word on building a nation for the people (we know in real life he was bloodthirsty but he did many good things for the advancement of the dynasty. They could’ve shown that in one scene)

Agree. It ended on a sour note. Where's the country of the abandoned? Certainly bad writing. Is like making BW ruthless for the sake of ruthless....????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

SPOILER ALERT:

I definitely felt that the justification for him to kill Hwi and Seon Ho was very weak too. I think the writer just wanted both leads to die and the writing is sloppy that’s why it didn’t make sense. We know the real BW is cruel, he could kill anyone (except his blood family) so come to think of it, if he could kill Seo Geom whom he said was like a father figure to him, why couldn’t he do the same with Hwi? But we must remember that the Seo Geom-Hwi relationship is fictional so that’s just how the writer wanted to portray LBW, merciless.

I completely agree here. I don't think there is any reason to suddenly expect good writing from this writer. We didn't get any throughout the show, so why start now? The saving of the show was the historical story, that was fascinating on it's own, and JH's insistence on portraying the human side of BW. Other than that the whole show was contrived drama and nonsense. Obviously the writers already decided the two guys will die. I could think on plenty scenarios in which that could have happened without having to turn BW into an illogical monster suddenly.  But these writers were incapable of it, so this is what we got. I mean logically, BW spent so much time and faith in Hwi because he was guilty, so now suddenly he isn't?! Instead he's wasting time on taunting him? If BW was really this cruel, he'd just kill him and have done with it... just nonsense! And besides- wasn't he dying already? Talk about rolling my eyes...  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Prettysup said:

And a selfie as king

Notice the tears in his eyes and how red they are?

One thing about BW being a lonely king- wasn't he married?! This show seem to have forgotten that completely! And from what I understood, his wife was pretty smart, so for sure she would have been involved in his actions. Not only that- but he had also plenty of concubines and more wives- where were they all?! Wasn't he supposed to be a "Monarch of blood AND desire"?! 

Another thing the show seem to have forgotten- Remember after the prince was killed, his father said that he can't understand the pain of a father who lost his son, and BW agreed with him! And I'm like- "wait, didn't you lose two small children?!" remember that small child he was watching sleeping in the beginning? so now he forgot all about that? This show is such a mess...

I'm glad JH is ultimately happy with his role (obviously he will not say a bad word), but this show could have been so much better with better writing, and writers that could read!

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

I completely agree here. I don't think there is any reason to suddenly expect good writing from this writer. We didn't get any throughout the show, so why start now? The saving of the show was the historical story, that was fascinating on it's own, and JH's insistence on portraying the human side of BW. Other than that the whole show was contrived drama and nonsense. Obviously the writers already decided the two guys will die. I could think on plenty scenarios in which that could have happened without having to turn BW into an illogical monster suddenly.  But these writers were incapable of it, so this is what we got. I mean logically, BW spent so much time and faith in Hwi because he was guilty, so now suddenly he isn't?! Instead he's wasting time on taunting him? If BW was really this cruel, he'd just kill him and have done with it... just nonsense! And besides- wasn't he dying already? Talk about rolling my eyes...  

It seems like the writer is more interested in glorifying the 2 leads as heroes, making it into a tragedy will earn more tears from audience.. sigh.. who's the writer again? I need to remember the name .

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

19 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, cute! Jang Seung-jo from Money Flower commented on JH's post... The translation is a bit strange, so if anyone can translate... I did manage to get that he told JH at the end that he loved him! So sweet. Also JH's friend from GOD commented...

So nice to know that they are still in touch with each other. Pil Joo and Boo Cheon. During his speech when he rec'd the award, Seung Jo thanked JH and you can see that he is very appreciative of all that JH had "taught" him. Hope both of them can do a drama together again. 

9 hours ago, jhjsw said:

Judging from the comments of knetz and your opinions in this thread, I can conclude that the plot is not really that good but the acting especially from Hyukie is worth watching. So glad he accepted this role. When he chooses a role, it's either a hit or a miss. But this definitely is a hit. He got so much praise for acting as LBW in this drama. I am so happy for him. 

Hahaha! Starting some of us freaked out quite a bit. Glad he accepted this role because he was magnificent as Bang Won. Especially his transformation from a prince who craves his father's recognition to a ruthless ruler. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

JH himself is very happy and satisfied with his opportunity and portrayal of BW. I’m so happy for him and his decision to do this role. 

Ya, feel very happy for him that he is very happy and feel he had accomplished all that he wanted for Bang Won. The photo of him taking selfie as a king, his eyes were red from tears. I'm sure he felt very sad to leave Bang Won. :bawling:

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

The saving of the show was the historical story. 

Thankfully it followed history that BW was a ruthless capable king. Luckily this part wasn't twisted. But I wished the show had showed how Bang Won ruled his kingdom and is a kingdom for the abandoned. Instead I was bored watching the ending part of the flashbacks and the friends of Hwi. I know that is necessary for the drama but I wasn't interested in those. :joy:@Biology Lessonaren't you glad this drama is over?

2 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

One thing about BW being a lonely king- wasn't he married?! This show seem to have forgotten that completely! And from what I understood, his wife was pretty smart, so for sure she would have been involved in his actions. Not only that- but he had also plenty of concubines and more wives- where were they all?! Wasn't he supposed to be a "Monarch of blood AND desire"?! 

Another thing the show seem to have forgotten- Remember after the prince was killed, his father said that he can't understand the pain of a father who lost his son, and BW agreed with him! And I'm like- "wait, didn't you lose two small children?!" remember that small child he was watching sleeping in the beginning? so now he forgot all about that? This show is such a mess...

I'm glad JH is ultimately happy with his role (obviously he will not say a bad word), but this show could have been so much better with better writing, and writers that could read!

Yes I felt that the writers are confused with what they had written. He was a loner throughout his journey to kingship. I too felt the team should have included a wife because the real BW had wives. The wife (in the drama) could add spice to the story like helping BW deal with the Queen or something.

Exactly! Didn't BW is a father too and lost his sons? So he cannot understand the pain of losing a kid? I think the writer forgot BW got children. Lol. But I'm sure he enjoyed his role as Bang Won. We enjoyed too his role as Bang Won. 

55 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Thank you for the pics! Is it worrisome that I'm slowly getting used to this hairstyle? Hahahahaha....:lol:

No no no! I don't like this hairstyle. Too straight and centre parting (like a curtain). Need to go to the side parting and have some waves. Notice his face is so shiny and red. 

55 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

So Sidus actually released 19 pics of him taken on the same day with the same outfit and hair. Is that the only day they visited him in the set throughout the 9 months of filming? (Ok minus those which they released earlier)

Goodness! This is a supporting role and it took 9 months to film! No wonder his eyes got tears. Being together for 9 months. It'll take him awhile to come out of this character. 

I'm hoping he'll do another period drama after his Call It As You See It. An Emperor or a flying top pugilist. 

Side note : so we're going to be quiet here until his next drama? Lol...  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, budgerie said:

Thankfully it followed history that BW was a ruthless capable king. Luckily this part wasn't twisted. But I wished the show had showed how Bang Won ruled his kingdom and is a kingdom for the abandoned. Instead I was bored watching the ending part of the flashbacks and the friends of Hwi. I know that is necessary for the drama but I wasn't interested in those. :joy:@Biology Lessonaren't you glad this drama is over?

:sweat_smile: I was trying to be respectful, cause I know some of you did like the show, but- yes! :lol: I'm ecstatic the show is over! Even though I loved BW the way JH portrayed him, it was still only half a character because so much of him and his life was not shown. We didn't get to see him supporting his dad in the beginning, we didn't get to see him with his mother- we didn't get to see how much of a loyal and loving son he was, only were told about it. And as I said before, I hated the fact that they didn't even bother showing us his private life- his wives and children. We didn't get to see him as a dad and a hysband. That could have been such an interesting contrast...

And I'm sorry, the whole sex-less thing here was a bit too much. Again, I don't want scenes like in Empire of lust, but what about a little bit of desire? he was known for it, after all! Of course, I want to see sexy JH only for the historical accuracy. That's all I care about...:D

33 minutes ago, budgerie said:

No no no! I don't like this hairstyle. Too straight and centre parting (like a curtain). Need to go to the side parting and have some waves. Notice his face is so shiny and red. 

Oh, come on, guys! After his look in MC, I think we can trust him to choose a good look for the next show. Maybe it's the new photo shoot he released with the unbuttoned white shirt, but I have a feeling he's aiming at creating a sexy image for his next projects... Or maybe it's just me, hoping? :) 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Biology Lesson said:

Maybe it's the new photo shoot he released with the unbuttoned white shirt, but I have a feeling he's aiming at creating a sexy image for his next projects... Or maybe it's just me, hoping?

I thought he doesn't care for sexy haha. That time after Money Flower during an interview when they said KPJ was sexy, he became so shy and kept laughing haha. Shifted it to because of lighting, because of directing... anything else but himself :joy: Then in the end he said okok but if that's what's said of me I will accept it. HAHA! So cute. 

If Oh Hyun Jae carries the look of the photoshoot or the one below, I think we will be so distracted but YES please go for that look JH haha. 

2019081812093176es.jpg&key=9be0077de329d

But then again, it's ok if he wants the MC wrap up party look, then let him have fun with this long hair. I'm happy with it too, at least it's something very different from his usual, just as long as no bowl cut like BM and WOL and BP. Hehe. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@Biology Lesson There was no real heterosexual desire because this is a gay drama but you guys don’t want to believe me :rolleyes: BW was only in love with Hwi, not realizing he was only the third wheel (Hui Jae being the fourth) once he realized Hwi wasn’t really “his man” but only Seonho’s he said “kill him, kill them all, kill them really really dead” hence 1,000 arrows pierced his ex-lovers body. THE END 

I loved/liked this drama at first despite flaws, at some point I only cared for Bangwon, in the end I hated even Bangwon because despite his cruelty I truly believed he would keep his word regarding Hwi. And Hwi trusted that word (which kinda ruins Hwi too, he trusted the wrong man, he wasted so much of his life on him) 

So, for different reasons but this drama turned into a torment and Im glad its over too. I know I’ll move on but for now I’m still upset and still not hyped up on his new drama or possible new hair. I’ll be stuck on Bangwon and his betrayal for a little while. 

• LOL 5

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

Let's do something fun! Like maybe quizzes, or choose the most handsome picture, or post GIFs of him and create a topic to talk about while waiting for TMWYS. (This acronym is a handful and not very memorable). Maybe we can start off by thinking of one that is memorable and easy to type. Haha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 minute ago, dramafan33 said:

There was no real heterosexual desire because this is a gay drama but you guys don’t want to believe me :rolleyes: BW was only in love with Hwi, not realizing he was only the third wheel (Hui Jae being the fourth) once he realized Hwi wasn’t really “his man” but only Seonho’s he said “kill him, kill them all, kill them really really dead” hence 1,000 arrows pierced his ex-lovers body. THE END 

HAHAHA gosh this is funny but gold :joy:  Everyone just wants Hwi's attention haha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4