202012271404274057818-20201227140501-01-

In the last episode, Jang Hyuk and Heo Gyeong-hwan are in charge of the last meal on a yacht.  'Chef' Heo Gyeong-Hwan is said to receive the expectations of Choi Yeo-jin and Soo-You by challenging the sweet potato mattang. However, there was a person who challenged cooking without being welcomed by anyone, and it was Jang Hyuk, 'Cooking Dung Hand'.

Previously, Jang Hyuk tried to make pancakes, but he laughed after being criticized as "This is the first time I have ever had such a tough pancake." Heo Gyeong-hwan, Choi Yeo-jin, and Soo-You said, “No. Please (don't make it) just eat it.”

It is said that Jang Hyuk's re-challenge in making pancakes brought laughter to the audience by focusing more on talk than cooking. Heo Gyeong-hwan, who made sweet potato soup next to him, said, “(Jang Hyuk) talks so much when cooking. Who said Jang Hyuk was quiet?” He said, exposing Jang Hyuk's chattiness.

Then, at their respective seats, Jang Hyuk and Heo Gyeong-hwan continued to cook with personal broadcasts, and the audio was not turned off due to an unexpected talk battle between the two. In the midst of this, Jang Hyuk showed strong confidence in the pancakes he made this time, and this time, interest is increasing whether he has completed the pancakes that all Yoti are satisfied with. 

The final episode of MBC Every1's'Yacht Expedition: The Beginning' will air on Monday, December 28 at 8:10 pm.

Translated from Naver

1 hour ago, DarlaRochelle said:

I have a question for anyone who has seen Tell Me What You Saw. I'm wondering how dark/creepy it is? I've heard Hyuk does an amazing job in it (I mean, naturally!) but I tend to get creeped out easily. I realize that everyone has a different gauge for this type of thing, so I guess I'm just trying to get a few general responses from those of you who have watched it.

I agree with @Ding77, I also find Voice more gory and creepy. But his is totally different in TMWTS as compared to Voice. So handsome and mysterious.  You can try watching one episode.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DarlaRochelle said:

I have a question for anyone who has seen Tell Me What You Saw. I'm wondering how dark/creepy it is? I've heard Hyuk does an amazing job in it (I mean, naturally!) but I tend to get creeped out easily. I realize that everyone has a different gauge for this type of thing, so I guess I'm just trying to get a few general responses from those of you who have watched it.

I personally like TMWYS much better than Voice. Voice I can't stand. In TMWYS there was more of an attempt to focus on the characters, which I liked better. Also, there are plenty of likable characters in this show, unlike Voice.

I think more than anything the show focused on twists, sometimes to a fault. The problem was that they set up a mystery that could have been amazing, had the writers spent more time on the plot and less on the twists. JH's character was phenomenal in TMWYS (and, as others have mentioned, beautiful :) ), but it was clear that the script couldn't match what JH brought to the screen- there were a lot of inconsistencies and missing information when it came to OHJ. And my biggest disappointment was that we never got to see his relationship with the fiancée. My guess is that once JH got on set, he started doing his thing and give his character his own twist, but the writers weren't able to match his brilliance. Amazingly, after the show ended, the producer of the show actually expressed regret that he couldn't help JH realize his vision. My hope is that in the near future JH will get the opportunity to do another similar character. 

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

In the last episode, Jang Hyuk and Heo Gyeong-hwan are in charge of the last meal on a yacht.  'Chef' Heo Gyeong-Hwan is said to receive the expectations of Choi Yeo-jin and Soo-You by challenging the sweet potato mattang. However, there was a person who challenged cooking without being welcomed by anyone, and it was Jang Hyuk, 'Cooking Dung Hand'.

Previously, Jang Hyuk tried to make pancakes, but he laughed after being criticized as "This is the first time I have ever had such a tough pancake." Heo Gyeong-hwan, Choi Yeo-jin, and Soo-You said, “No. Please (don't make it) just eat it.”

It is said that Jang Hyuk's re-challenge in making pancakes brought laughter to the audience by focusing more on talk than cooking. Heo Gyeong-hwan, who made sweet potato soup next to him, said, “(Jang Hyuk) talks so much when cooking. Who said Jang Hyuk was quiet?” He said, exposing Jang Hyuk's chattiness.

Then, at their respective seats, Jang Hyuk and Heo Gyeong-hwan continued to cook with personal broadcasts, and the audio was not turned off due to an unexpected talk battle between the two. In the midst of this, Jang Hyuk showed strong confidence in the pancakes he made this time, and this time, interest is increasing whether he has completed the pancakes that all Yoti are satisfied with. 

The final episode of MBC Every1's'Yacht Expedition: The Beginning' will air on Monday, December 28 at 8:10 pm.

Translated from Naver

From what I understood, the reason why pancakes come out tough is if you whisk the batter too much- I wonder if anyone bothered to tell him that... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@DarlaRochelle TMWYS is creepy but compared to some american shows, it’s not “so” creepy. Hmmm I don’t think korean crime dramas ever go beyond the creepiness of something like Criminal Minds. They also blur the gory scenes and weapons, I think its thrilling enough but it won’t give you nightmares. JH was beautiful in it although I wanted more development of his character 

I kinda wish you met his Lee Bang Won in My Country first, even though he is not the lead in that, his character is more developed than OHJ in TMWYS. Still, I can already imagine the great videos you might get inspired to do for either of these characters :piggydance:

Also, since you’ve already watched my favorites, FTLY, Chuno and Money Flower, I would love to recommend Beautiful Mind, another favorite of mine. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks like CTH and HKM were on Knowing brothers and one of the regulars of the show, Kim Heechul, revealed his love for TJ :). This is not the first time that I saw him sing "Hey girl". I will say this again, as much as people love making fun of TJ, I think of all his 90s friends that I saw, his song hold up the best to this day. It's a really cool song and style! All the rest that I've saw are now really corny and their look very dated...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJSeNw6lGpM/

Wasn't Kim Heechul the presenter of the show JH was a guest on for Lee Mi Sook?

Edit: I think this episode was filmed a year ago

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Biology Lesson said:

Looks like CTH and HKM were on Knowing brothers and one of the regulars of the show, Kim Heechul, revealed his love for TJ :). This is not the first time that I saw him sing "Hey girl". I will say this again, as much as people love making fun of TJ, I think of all his 90s friends that I saw, his song hold up the best to this day. It's a really cool song and style! All the rest that I've saw are now really corny and their look very dated...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJSeNw6lGpM/

Wasn't Kim Heechul the presenter of the show JH was a guest on for Lee Mi Sook?

Haha I agree that it did make an impression and I think his rapping was pretty amazing. I only don't like the yellow hair lol. :P

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DarlaRochelle said:

To me, it’s not creepy nor scary. I don’t enjoy any horror, but this show is more thriller and crime than creep. In fact, I think the plot wasn’t as well done so I couldn’t really feel scared haha. Give it a try! Though like everyone said, OHJ’s character is very underdeveloped and also very dissociated from the rest of the cast (for reasons that I won’t share cos it will be a spoiler!). Still worth giving it a try if you are into procedural crime dramas. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DarlaRochelle said:

I won’t say it’s creepy. Some gory scenes maybe, but nothing scary. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

JANG HYUK, the yacht expedition team, is anxious from the start. "I just need to do well."

"Yacht Expedition: The Beginning" Jang Hyuk becomes the captain of the final voyage.

In the final episode of MBC's Every One entertainment show "Yacht Expedition: The Beginning" (hereinafter referred to as "Yacht Expedition"), Jang Hyuk will play the role of the captain of the final voyage and announce the return of "Hyuk Keeper"

The "yacht expedition" journey, which began off the coast of Incheon, added more significance as Jang Hyuk, Heo Kyung-hwan, Choi Yeo-jin and Soyou took turns driving the yacht. Jang Hyuk also played the role of skipper. However, Jang Hyuk was especially worried about his role as a skipper and made mistakes in embarrassment.

Jang Hyuk, who got another chance to be a skipper, said, "I just need to be good at it," and got back on the yacht. Is it because of the pressure? Jang Hyuk is rumored to have been embarrassed as if he had buffering from the start, making the yachts nervous (?). In a hurry, Jang Hyuk started off with an uneasy first start by spouting out words that sounded like babbles.

In response, Choi Yeo-jin looked closely at Jang Hyuk's unique bread hat fashion and said, "Is it because he wore a bread hat?" and made him laugh by telling jokes that made him relax. Jang Hyuk, who got another chance, is interested in his challenge of announcing the reappearance of "Hyuk Keeper" whether he played the last skipper safely.

"Yacht Expedition" is a yacht tutorial variety about the journey of yacht raw beginners who don't even know the yacht's "Yo" to learn about yachts and feel fun. Jang Hyuk, Heo Kyung-hwan, Choi Yeo-jin, and Soyou gave viewers fun and healing by showing their journey to the west coast with Captain Kim Seung-jin, who succeeded in touring the world of yachts with no arms support.

'Yacht Expeditionary Force' Jang Hyuk, a former singer? I'm a rapper."

A singing contest will be held in "Yacht Expedition: The Beginning."

The final episode of MBC Everyone's "Yacht Expedition: The Beginning" (hereinafter referred to as "Yacht Expedition"), which will air on December 28, features Jang Hyuk, Heo Kyung-hwan, Choi Yeo-jin and Soyou making their final voyage. The final journey of the "Yacht Expedition" toward Mokpo Port, the final destination, will take place.

Meanwhile, 'Yacht Expedition' sings on a yacht and adds another memory. Heo Kyung-hwan, who grabbed the microphone first, encouraged yachts to participate in the event by raising the mood from the start. Jang Hyuk was the one who showed the most motivation. Jang Hyuk said, "Can I sing anything?" He showed an active attitude.

Choi Yeo-jin raised expectations for the song feast to be held on the yacht, saying that "everything is from singers" as a common feature of Heo Kyung-hwan, who served as a "dog singer" in the past, Jang Hyuk, who worked as a singer in the 2000s. Jang Hyuk said, "I'm a rapper." He made everyone laugh.

However, when the "Yacht Singing Show" was held, it was said that the runaway owner was the owner. The singer's instinct, which he had suppressed, erupted on the yacht to his heart's content. "I want to sing," Soyou said, expressing her frustration with Corona 19. I want to sing!" and started to go wild. The song continued to sing for a while on the yacht due to the possession of the song without letting go of the microphone.

Amid Soyou's performance, which expressed her main job as a singer, "Yacht Song Bragging" amplifies curiosity by saying that an unexpected unexpected event occurred on the day. 28th

It will air at 8:10 p.m. (photo by MBC Every One)

202012281432442410_2.jpg

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

His poor back..:joy:

I think he is playing. We are exactly the same age. He stretches and exercises every single day. I don’t and even though I am very loud with my complains when I work out (embarrassing) I don’t make such a big deal while stretching lol OTOH he does seem to have some issues with his back in particular so maybe it’s some past injury bothering him. Also, I don’t know if its just me but my body always hurts a bit (although its a different more “pleasant” pain after I started exercising) Still, I think he is overdoing it for laughs (Lee Gun, is that you again?) :lol:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

On 12/27/2020 at 2:02 AM, dramafan33 said:

I kinda wish you met his Lee Bang Won in My Country first, even though he is not the lead in that, his character is more developed than OHJ in TMWYS. Still, I can already imagine the great videos you might get inspired to do for either of these characters :piggydance:

Also, since you’ve already watched my favorites, FTLY, Chuno and Money Flower, I would love to recommend Beautiful Mind, another favorite of mine. 

Yes, I will probably end up watching MC before TMWYS. And I actually watched Beautiful Mind right after FTLY and thoroughly enjoyed it!! I almost feel like I need to rewatch though at some point now that I've seen more of Hyuk's works - I think I could appreciate how different of a role that was more now if that makes sense.

So far I have watched (in this order) FTLY, Beautiful Mind, Chuno, Thank You, Bad Papa, Money Flower, and am currently halfway through SOGC. Movie-wise I've only see Flu & Maybe. Still wanting to watch Windstruck!

Also, thanks to everyone who answered my question about TMWYS - your answers were helpful! :heart4:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, azureblue7 said:

@Biology Lesson @dramafan33

Actually he might not be faking it if we recalled an ep in Dragon Club where he suddenly complained about his back pain while having breakfast with Cha Taeyeon  and Kim Joonkook.  Or maybe he was just playing along with Heo ..haha

Oh, the back pain I believe :) I was referring to the general lack of flexibility he displayed, considering we know he probably can do a split... 

Watching the show (btw, the subtitled episode is now available) it's now clear it was the comedian making most of the noise.

• LOL 2

4 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, the back pain I believe :) I was referring to the general lack of flexibility he displayed, considering we know he probably can do a split... 

Watching the show (btw, the subtitled episode is now available) it's now clear it was the comedian making most of the noise.

Hyuk doesn't  make a lot of noise even he's hurt. He just doesn't like drawing attention to himself.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Watched the final episode and it had some nice moments. JH showed more of his unique and quirky humor. I love it how when someone tries to tease him- like the captain did about the pancakes (never mind that the captain didn't know how to even fry...)- JH makes an outlandish remark and flips the whole thing. 

I admit that I was a bit miffed that the captain decided to make JH the skipper for the whole last part, even after they wanted to split it the day before, saying that JH had the worst run as a skipper! That baffled me, since, after all, the comedian had the Yacht going in circles in the beginning of his run... But then JH gave the wrong water depth, and I had to admit- JH is not a good skipper yet :D

What we saw of him in this show reminded me of what his acting coach said about him- that he didn't believe that JH will ever succeed, because to him it seemed that JH is being way too slow to advance. Only later did he realize that it wasn't that he was slow- he's just taking a different path that is longer :). The thing is, that because he took a different path than everyone, he ends up bringing something unique when he finally reaches his end goal. This is why I think he's able to bring so much more to each role and to assert himself with confidence on set, like few other actors can.

But when he is surrounded by people that take the "regular" shorter path, he easily defers to them, while continuing on his own. And this is what I think we saw on the Yacht, him taking his time while the rest already reaching their goal...

Another thing- JH's singing! He was accurate, didn't sing off-key... It's just that his voice is a bit rough. He needs to choose softer songs...

I also liked Yeo Jin's letter to him- it's interesting that she mentioned him being innocent :) But it amused me that she said that he slowly came to her, meaning got friendlier, when in all the clips they showed you clearly see that it was she who came to him.

Another thing that I noticed- at no point did JH say something really personal about himself! Even when the rest opened up, speaking about their vulnerabilities, JH just listened but never really shared. I think the only thing he shared was that he had water phobia, but he didn't even tell them why...

All in all- it was a cute show, but nothing that I will rewatch- too many cooking lessons and cutesy sightseeing for me :P 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Another thing- JH's singing! He was accurate, didn't sing off-key... It's just that his voice is a bit rough. He needs to choose softer songs...

Yes, I agree. I love his voice at the first part of the song..so soothing ..

:approves:

According to this article from Naver, his movie "Gangeung" Or River's grave is scheduled to release in June next year. 

http://m.joynews24.com/v/1331030

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1