❤ Ji Sung ❤ 지성 / Drama 2022 : Adamas

LoVeCartier

'My P.S. Partner' Breaks The 1 Million Threshold In 10 Days

By KDramaStars Staff Writer | Dec 16, 2012 12:32 AM EST

the-official-poster-for-my-p-s-partner.j

The movie 'My P.S. Partner' sold over 1 million tickets in just 10 days after its release.

According to Korean Film Council's Movie Theater Tickets Integrated Network on the 16th, with 141,650 tickets sold, 'My P.S. Partner' placed 3rd in the daily box office. Overall, the movie has sold 1,101,589 tickets.

The movie is about the romance of Hyun Seung (played by Ji Sung) and Yoon Jung (played by Kim Ah Joong). Their romance started with a 'secret' phone call to the wrong person. Ji Sung, Kim Ah Joong, Shin So Yool, and Kang Kyung Joon star in the film.

'My P.S. Partner' released on the 6th, and even though the movie has the handicap of restricting youths from watching it, it debuted with about 70,000 tickets and placed 2nd place in the box office. During its first week, 'My P.S. Partner' sold 560,000 tickets. In its second week, the movie averaged about 70,000 tickets per day and on its 10th day, it passed the millionth mark on December 15th.

'The Hobbit' kept its top spot at the box office after releasing on the 13th with 391,799 tickets sold on the 15th. The total tickets sold for 'The Hobbit' is 744,899. '26 Years' had a 165,243 on the day, taking second place and has sold over 2,412,894 tickets overall. 

© 2012 KDramaStars.com All right reserved.

*** I can’t wait to watch PS like crazy. I heard it’s a happy ending! I was worried at first about “P.S Partner” because a lot of pics have leaked on the net. I’m sure it has helped because I think the campaign advertised all the sexy ones to get people interested. “My P.S. Partner” looks to be a hilariously fun watch. It looks exactly like what I want to watch right now. Everything about a rom-com is done right. I just adore Ji Sung when he’s being all flirtatious and cheeky. I have wanted to watch the movie since it was in production. Congratulations to JS & the cast!:)]

P.S Partner, Wolf Boy hit box office milestones

by javabeans | December 16, 2012

psp_21.jpg

It’s been a strong weekend for movies, near the end of what’s been a strong year all around (with its record-breakers and new entries into the top 10 list). As this weekend comes to a close, two films have hit significant milestones, the first being romantic comedy My P.S. Partner (P.S. = phone sex), which crossed that big 1-million-tickets line in just 10 days.

It’s particularly noteworthy since the movie’s got a 19-and-up age restriction due to its adult content (think NC-17 rated movies in the U.S.), and now has set the record for fastest 19+ film to break 1 million tickets. Previous record-holders include Lee Seon-kyun and Choi Kang-hee’s Petty Romance a couple years ago and 2007′s Sex is Zero 2, which took 11 days to reach the milestone.

Director Byun Sung-hyun was so tickled to hear the news during a series of tours to greet audiences at theaters around the country that he promised to perform Psy’s horse dance in the middle of Myeongdong should the movie hit 4 million. Ha, I think that’s a pretty small price to pay.

psp_20.jpg

My P.S. Partner looks like a hilarious and adorable rom-com with a funny twist on the classic meet-cute — a wrong-number phone-sex encounter — and Ji Sung and Kim Ah-joong look like they’re working some sizzling chemistry, so congrats to them. Can’t wait to see it. It was probably aided by the fact that it was the only rom-com in theaters at the moment, with a bunch of more serious fare taking up the other slots in the top 5. But considering that it was second only to The Hobbit, I’d say My P.S. Partner put in a respectable showing.

On the other end of the emotional spectrum was Song Joong-ki and Park Bo-young’s poignant melo Wolf Boy, which has been enjoying a strong theatrical run since it opened more than a month ago. It took first place at the box office in its opening weekend and has been steadily amassing ticket sales, and this weekend it finally succeeded in hitting 7 million.

Wolf Boy probably won’t make it up there with the year’s box office giants — The Thieves and Gwanghae, The Man Who Became King both made it into the all-time top 10 list and topped 10 million tickets — but it’s definitely been a strong way to cap off an especially strong year for Song Joong-ki. Can’t wait to see what he’ll do next. Let’s hope it’s not army duty.

wolf_18.jpg

wolf_33.jpg

Via Yonhap News, My Daily

***I think it’s time to re-watch my DVD copy for “PTB”. I really enjoyed this drama;))

5 Happy dramas to watch over winter break

holiday-special-copy.png

As always, there are alot of good dramas coming out every time so it’s hard to keep up and choose which ones to watch! Here is a list of five 2012 happy dramas to watch over winter break.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Protect the Boss

protect-the-boss.jpg

Ok, I admit… I’m cheating with this one because it was released at the end of 2011, but it was so good that it was hard not to include in this list! Comedy and romance are the perfect combo for laughs and happy feelings, and with a great acting cast, not only would it make you happy to watch but also will make you want to spread the happiness around. An example scene is when JaeJoong’s character and his cousin have a “fight on the floor” aka rolling around on the floor like a little kids fight, heh.

source : ningin.com