[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Guest Starlitelet

@alysanne: Thanks for the info (:

Regarding Shunji, I agree he's changed for the worse but the writers may still be hinting at possible redemption because Shunji choose to confront Kangto face to face and not take the route of suspecting and investigating. It harks back to the time where Shunji told Kangto "How am I to live if you die?" and it shows that Shunji still have love in him (though deeply buried) and he's holding on to the last straw of his sanity by still choosing to trust Kangto and asking him for an explanation. It's like he wants an explanation to prove to himself that Kangto is still his friend. Poor dude. 
I particularly liked the tourture scene where Damsari was talking to Kangto. It's like Kangto was asking for an affirmation of him being Gaksital! Pep talk with future father-in-law, so cute XD

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Megamissy

When Japanese occupied Asia they are not only wicked and cruel their behaviour are demonic as shown in this drama the torture is not exaggerating is facts.During that era most of the Japanese soildier behaves like Sunji in Ep14.

They captured women and raped them than made them as 'comfort women' to service them as prostitutes because of their suppression many freedom fighters like DSR that go against the Japanese during Jap.occupation.

When America dropped an atomic bomb into Hiroshima and killed millions of Japanese only stopped the Jap. occupation over South-East-Asia countries.

Guest apache934

When Japanese occupied Asia they are not only wicked and cruel their behaviour are demonic as shown in this drama the torture is not exaggerating is facts.During that era most of the Japanese soildier behaves like Sunji in Ep14.

They captured women and raped them than made them as 'comfort women' to service them as prostitutes because of their suppression many freedom fighters like DSR that go against the Japanese during Jap.occupation.

When America dropped an atomic bomb into Hiroshima and killed millions of Japanese only stopped the Jap. occupation over South-East-Asia countries.

Oh wow Park Ki Woong is doing a great job as Shunji....he's even more scary hahaha. But he's so lost.... :(( he's now the one being controlledI hope that Lee Kang To will just confront Shunji sometime and just yell at him and also make him realize how he's changed so much haha :((I wanted to kick him myself T_T xD
And woo loved Katsuyama and Gaksital fighting it out - that was awesome. 

Guest flipz

My question is the same as Kimura Taro. Who gave DSR intel that the countess and and that goofy count were on the train a few episodes back? Obviously, it wasn't KT. So is it possible someone else in the force is acting as a double agent without KT knowing? I am still holding hope for Rie is actually a double agent, that made up some story about her parents to the Japanese "father". The other person would be Professor Yang Baek, who has not been introduced(I think). Who is this person????

About the episode ending, I rather have him found out by Shunji without KT even knowing he knows. I like the cat and mouse game, but it would be refreshing for something else. Maybe Shunji can use their relationship against them.It would be cool if they set it up in an arc format. In between arc 3 and 4, KT gets kicked out of the force somehow and just becomes a complete vigilante.

Arc 1(Episodes 1-6): Dark KT vs Brother Gaksital
Arc 2(Episodes 7-14): KT, the new hero with an identity crisis
Arc 3(Episodes 15-22): Hero arising, Shunji finds out Gaksital, uses MD against him
Arc 4 (Episodes 23-28): Best friends, bitter foes, no holds bar, and a grand finale

I still wouldn't mind if there was no romance at all. The story itself could hold its on without it like Ghost for example. But I still can never see MD falling for KT. Maybe, just maybe, she can see him as an acquaintance or friend. But KT would never win out her love to Gaksital who she literally has been drooling over. ONLY, and ONLY if, she finds out his real identity will the romance part blossom. So all of you who are here for the romance better pray that she finds out soon lol.

Here's the thing about the romance part. Let's assume she won't fall in love with KT not knowing all the facts. But even when she finds out he's her young master, even then she will be shocked and it will be hard for her, because him being the young master doesn't change what he's done during these past 13 years. He still chased her, he still beat her, he still almost executed her father. So those facts stay. What I want to say is, I'd be willing to settle on a compromise where she falls in love with KT after she has found out he's her young master, but doesn't know he's Gaksital. However, that theory wouldn't work now, because she basically knows that young master=Gaksital. And Gaksital's good deeds will overpower the bad he's done to her as KT (she'll struggle 1 maybe 2 eps).That being said I will put my faith in the writers, and cast, and crew to show us a beautiful romance, no matter is she knows or doesn't know. But of course - hope dies the last :D

Well the romance part, they're building on it. The next few episodes will be all about Mokdan and Kangto I think. ALso, we all never thought of Shunji being able to torture someone like he did to the monk. But look, he did it all without an inch of feeling remorse. And we also thought how the writer could make Kangto a hero in our eyes. And look, here we are all rooting for him. Thus, I think/know the romance part will begin. Mokdan will come to love Kangto. This, I am sure of it, but the question is, how will she fall for him?

Guest MaryFairy

My question is the same as Kimura Taro.

Who gave DSR intel that the countess and and that goofy count were on the train a few episodes back? Obviously, it wasn't KT. So is it possible someone else in the force is acting as a double agent without KT knowing?

I am still holding hope for Rie is actually a double agent, that made up some story about her parents to the Japanese "father". The other person would be Professor Yang Baek, who has not been introduced(I think). Who is this person????

Guest crazy lulu

wow. one day after and the wait feels soo long. just thought i'd drop by to say hello to everyone, and, KANGTO-MOK DAN!

Guest flipz

Who gave DSR intel that the countess and and that goofy count were on the train a few episodes back? Obviously, it wasn't KT. So is it possible someone else in the force is acting as a double agent without KT knowing?

I am still holding hope for Rie is actually a double agent, that made up some story about her parents to the Japanese "father". The other person would be Professor Yang Baek, who has not been introduced(I think). Who is this person????

Yes, that's right my friends out there. Our country is one of those conquered by Japanese. That's why there are news even these days that Japanese tourist being killed because  residents could not forget the nightmare in their life and to their families even if happened previous years back.Are these kind of drama being shown in Japan? What do they think watching this kind of brutal and devilish act. 

Guest united06

Hi Everyone,

Bridal Mask Episodes 13-14 English Soft-Sub Subtitles are out.

image-787C_4FC62E71.jpg

Bridal Mask Episodes 13-14 English Subtitles is a Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4767-bridal-mask-2012/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

rewatching past episodes and im glad the comedy relief is not being overdone in this drama...i have lost too much hair and worn out half my teeth from grinding because of over the top trying hard to be funny, corny comedic scenes in  dramas..Abe is such a teddy bear - sooooooooooooooo adorablelove the countess scene with shunji - ROFL so awkward he had to look awaythe ahjumma and ahjussi at the circus - LOVE THEM people in this drama are just too funny

Guest nancylee15

I really wish the writers wouldn't have made Shinji into such a horrible monster....I had hope that he can find salvation in the end but he's way beyond that now.  If he was to suddenly turn "good" in the end, I don't think I can accept that after all he's done.  He is pure evil now where his desire to capture Gaksital is more important than human lives.  The only way he can find redemption now is to sacrifice himself for the rebel's cause to reclaim their country and hopefully save Gaksital in the end.  
I can't even imagine how the writers will resolve the conflict between KT and SJ but I know it's going to be hard because they were such good friends.

Guest ricecak3

Guest Jessi15

What really captured me with this drama is JW's and PKW's performances and of course our OTP, JW-YSY. I couldn't watch BM without them. The spike torturing scene is really rocking me to the core, just to think how can someone do this to a human being. The more you hate to watch Shunji, the more I realise how good KW portraying the character. It was particularly hard to watch Shunji's face when he actually enjoyed rocking back and forth the spike cage. I found not only JW but PKW is also such an excellent actor and what I found hilarious is the fact that in an interview, PKW said that he knows his character and JW's will fight to the very end but he knows that his character will loose out because JW is the main lead LOL: Both of them deserve an award equally, one of being a hero and the other for being an ultimate villain. What I still hard to understand is how can he love someone with such an intensel jealousy couId even think of capturing her and torturing her? In other dramas, what I have seen and get to know that most villains however evil he is, he still has a soft side when it comes to the one he loves. I fear that this drama may not do at all well or probably won't even get broadcast in Japan because of its sensitivity. I can't image Japanese people want to watch and relive the atrocity they brought and have done to their colonies.

I agree that the drama may not need romance to get us viewers sticking like glue to the screen but I am sure everyone would agree that romance will at least lighten up our mood. All the running, devious plots and schemings and especially the torture scenes really wear me out, my brain really hurts after watching them. Only the romance side that keeps me sane. So please, I hope like others' prediction that there will be more romance for our OTP in next week's episodes.

Guest y101y

Why are Asian drama so sensitive to history?? In America it doesn't matter, it was history and people need to realize that. I'm Asian and I love the history of my people. We are who we are today because of what happen and it was all in the past. I think Japanese shouldn't be offended by the drama or hate actors who portray them out to be the bad guys.

Most actors or actresses that define themselves to be the best are the ones that takes on the most difficult roles. That is why I love all the actors and actresses that took on this drama head on. Even the crew.

I feel the pain of the drama and for the people during that era that is why BM is so good and addicting!! In the end we all realize that this is a drama playing with our emotions and entertaining us only. Love all you guys for making BM happen for us!!!

Archived