[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Rewatching some scenes from the very first episodes. No matter how crazy KT acted back then, it was nothing compared to Shunji now. KT was frustrated, lonely, lost, angry at himself and everything. Shunji is full of rage, anger, it's like he's constantly seeing red. Where KT had terrible moodswings, he was either sad, happy, or angry, but one at a time. Shunji is calculating, he's good when he's evil. Just look how he was acting all nice and smiley while sending that circus boss away. Shunji is now A LOT MORE SCARIER than KT ever was.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ricecak3

I don't like how the beginning and end was the only intense parts of the episode. The middle was so slow again like the previous episode. Let's just hope this doesn't carry on.
Other than that, it was great. Shunji putting all the pieces together I wonder how KT will get out of this one.

Guest bluedelacour

Ratings went up today, yay!!!
        AGB Nielsen (%)

Nationwide       Seoul
16.3 (3rd)17.5 (3rd)

Guest alysanne

@Starlitelet: Aside from Jang Hyuk, I think there were other actors. According to the producer, they went through quite a few people before finally getting Joo Won.  Apparently, most of the other actors were worried about their image because Gaksital's premise and setting may be considered controversial.  In an interview, Joo Won said all that didn't matter to him, and that he accepted the role because he wanted to further his acting experience and it's a character that he wants to play.  The actor who played Kang San praised JW for that.  :)
@nenechanchan: I agree with you about JW's strength+vulnerability. I think it's really what makes his portrayal of KT compelling.  
@secretlyforyou: Omo, when did Gaksital drop from #1? *clueless*

Guest mrs_d_42801

If Shunji finds out that Kangto knows Mok Dan as Boonyi and if he finds out they knows each other when they were young he will find out Kangto is Lee Young a.k.a Gaksital!! OH.NO.

I have nothing much to share but let me re-p these:

cutie pie Joo Won --> 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WcIx_GNtRI&feature=plcp

cutie pie Park Ki Woong --> 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXZVUCbxFXU&feature=g-u-u

Apparently the Korean netizens are criticising about last night's episode because of the flag slashing. I personally felt it was important because it shows Gaksital going against the empire without a shade of doubt. He's stepping even closer to herodom now. I'd say he's pretty close to buying the idea of doing things for Joseon!

You can read the news here --> 

http://www.hancinema.net/bridal-mask-kimgayo-and-the-rising-sun--was-it-necessary--45109.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Guest mrs_d_42801

Honestly, anyone can play evil, screaming, or gentleLee Kang To but NO ONE, i say NO ONE, can show such a strong facade and simultaneously so much vulnerability and inner struggle as well as Joo Won does. When I look at him, I literally see both a grown, scarred-by-life man and a lost innocent boy... kudos to Joo Won

but that goes without giving credits to Park Ki Woong. I LOVE THIS GUY SO MUCH. i know how evil and berserk Shunji can go; however, at the end of the day Shunji is just a boy who lost himself in the struggle of power of OTHER people. soo yess, he's still my boy XD

also, MD's part was admittedly loosely written in these episodes, but I have faith in her...now that the worst is over, the writer cannot get any worse than that right??

Please don't be critical of the drama and plot holes so much. since they recently decided on an extension, so of course they'd have to modify a lot of things. plus, they're already in live shooting, it's very difficult to maintain a flawless plot and on point execution. OVERALL, A K-DRAMA WOULDNT BE A K-DRAMA WITHOUT FLAWS RIGHT???

Guest mrs_d_42801

Rewatching some scenes from the very first episodes. No matter how crazy KT acted back then, it was nothing compared to Shunji now. KT was frustrated, lonely, lost, angry at himself and everything. Shunji is full of rage, anger, it's like he's constantly seeing red. Where KT had terrible moodswings, he was either sad, happy, or angry, but one at a time. Shunji is calculating, he's good when he's evil. Just look how he was acting all nice and smiley while sending that circus boss away. Shunji is now A LOT MORE SCARIER than KT ever was.

Guest mrs_d_42801

I think JW looks better in dark-colored suits. I don't really like the gray suits on him. That navy blue one he wore when he got abused at the market is the best thus far

Regarding Shunji, I agree he's changed for the worse but the writers may still be hinting at possible redemption because Shunji choose to confront Kangto face to face and not take the route of suspecting and investigating. It harks back to the time where Shunji told Kangto "How am I to live if you die?" and it shows that Shunji still have love in him (though deeply buried) and he's holding on to the last straw of his sanity by still choosing to trust Kangto and asking him for an explanation. It's like he wants an explanation to prove to himself that Kangto is still his friend. Poor dude. 
I particularly liked the tourture scene where Damsari was talking to Kangto. It's like Kangto was asking for an affirmation of him being Gaksital! Pep talk with future father-in-law, so cute XD

Guest alysanne

Okay, if Shunji uses Mok Dan as bait again next episode, I will go Gakstaaaaaaal on the writers.   X(

Guest ricecak3

I think at one point Rie will work together with Gaksital. This will be when she finds out the real reason of her parents being killed. My guts tell me it has to be one of those corrupt men maybe S's father? And then she will also seek revenge...

But please more of Mokdan Kangto love scenes...

OMFG @Flipz you got to stop making those gif!! my sides are killing me from laughing!!!

I made these two graphics... hope you guys like them!!!
242bew9.jpg
&
20jssg1.jpg
*remember if you're going to post on tumblr reblog never repost! if taking out credit!.
oh crudddd! I didn't realize they were sooo big! SORRY!!!

Guest whodat

way to end an episode writers...this is going to be a long week. Can't wait to see how Kang To talks his way out of the last scene in EP14  :D 

Shunji's going to get a rude shock with the 'Mok Dan = bait' angle. Mok Dan hinted about a plan to use Shunji to rescue her dad and Shunji's going to fall right into their trap.

Evil Shunji is AWESOME...now he just needs to control his emotional outbursts then he'll be the perfect villain  >:)  

Archived