[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunshine4ever

Watching the preview again, did you notice that SJ was wearing the ring? The very same one that Rie put on and striked at SJ's father face in an earlier episode. What could it mean, I wonder? Then who was it that KT was seen talking to and asked for help? I think MD is planning to use herself as bait  to draw SJ out so that her father's comrades can raid the police station and rescue her father. KT/BM won't sit back and watch so he will try to help and may be get himself in more danger. AAAH... I can't stand this suspense, tomorrow doesn't come quicky enough.

IMO I'd rather deal with the first love plot line than with the older-girl-younger-guy student-teacher thing. Honestly, it would be very difficult for the writers to flawlessly execute both the romance AND action at the same time, so I'm not going to blame them.About MD being a damsel in distress, being bait and getting caught repetitively, her character does help advance the plot. 1. Shunji has to catch her - for one he is under extreme pressure, and two, she is the ONLY known link to Gaksital (in reality she is). They can't use anyone else as bait, can they? 2. She HAD to be tortured by KT because it'd clear up Shunji's suspicion of him. Who else could they have used to torture??? KT is obviously in love with MD 3. How else would Rie learn about KT's feelings if not for MD being captured and tortured and placed in a cell?? It was the PERFECT scenario because she got to see KT's emotions toward MD first hand and all. I mean, I could list a thousand other things that prove that if MD were not captured, the plot would not be advancing anywhere, if at all. Basically, the focus of the drama is bromance, revenge, and redemption. I am just glad it has any romance at all. If MD weren't KT's first love, it would take at least 4 episodes to them to fall in love first, thus wouldn't that take away the entire focus of the show?
so Overall, I am happy with the drama the way it is =D love every aspect of it

Guest JenA313

I love BM to pieces but it's clear why BIG and AGD are wayyy more popular, in the internet at least: they're fluffy, easy to digest and pretty to look at (Gong Yoo and JDG, duh!) while BM is intense, required more thinking to fully enjoy, is set in historic era which I know put off many people for some reason  (:| and it cast virtually unknown actors (though I love BM's namja the most, obviously  :-* ) 
...so let's just enjoy and let enjoy, Brides! At the same time, slowly persuade people to try out BM. I myself have been pimping Joo-Won-as-Kangto image everywhere these days and have managed to tease some into giving it a try :) 

Bridal Mask: Jin Se Yeon revealed her feeling on romantic scenes with Joo Won 

Actress Jin Se Yeon, who recently joint the drama of KBS “Bridal Mask” is airing on Wed-Thurs night at 9:55pm as the role of Mok Dan.

Jin Se Yeon answered the interview and took photo shoot for August’s ELLE girl magazine.

During the interview, Jin Se Yeon always smile and answered in a lovely way. When being asked about: “Which point do you like yourself best?”, she smiled again and said: “When I smile or laugh, I can make people around me feel comfortable, that’s why I love smiling”

When being asked about: “Are you interesting in any actor these day?”, she said: “I think it’s Lee Jae Hoon on “Fashion king” and “Introduction to Architecture”, the way he acted on that both film made me feel interesting”

Answering the question about her feeling on the scenes she acted with Joo Won, Jin Se Yeon said: “On drama, Mok Dan although hasn’t known who really Kang To is yet, whenever she is with Kang To, she can’t help but open her heart toward him and so do I”

When being asked about “What character you wanna try in the future”, she said: “I’d like to try on a character who is cute and innocent, maybe a student with a romantic love story”

Guest alysanne

@Jessi15 @sunshine4ever: That's probably a symbol of Kishokai, and Shunji wearing it means he's already a member.

Guest hayablue77

If the story goes realistic as in the real history, then the bridal mask has to fight against Japanese emperor and his army. But Japanese emperor is GOD to Japanese people. It is forbidden to mention of Japanese emperors’ responsibility regarding the WWII in Japan even today.  

So, I think the bridal mask made a different fictional enemy for the drama, that’s Kishokai.

When I see it, the drama tends to avoid possible conflicts with Japan. For example, make stories among individuals by concentrating characters like Sunji and make his behavior coming from personal reason (personal reason is important, but social system controls and confines individual’s thought. – I studied political science in college.), avoid cutting the rising sun flag in the drama, made fictional enemies instead of Japanese emperor.

I think the Kishokai will be the final boss in this drama. But I still love the drama because I don’t want Joowon would be a target of Japanese extreme right wing people (like Kim Taehee). I want to protect this young actor and his bright future. 

I love this 376904_436456179720643_2061976743_n.jpg

and hope they will quickly move to this 
488100_432764536756474_655190785_n.jpg
don't they look awesome together? I was wondering why I am shipping Mok Dan and Kangto although they must be the most messed up couple in kdrama history, what with all the stabbing attempts by her and his torturing her intentionally and then the "dying inside but still had to torture her" later. Just looking at pics like this make me anticipate the day where Kangto can love Mok Dan without hiding behind the mask and Mok Dan can love Kangto for the man that he is. 

If the story goes realistic as in the real history, then the bridal mask has to fight against Japanese emperor and his army. But Japanese emperor is GOD to Japanese people. It is forbidden to mention of Japanese emperors’ responsibility regarding the WWII in Japan even today.  

So, I think the bridal mask made a different fictional enemy for the drama, that’s Kishokai.

When I see it, the drama tends to avoid possible conflicts with Japan. For example, make stories among individuals by concentrating characters like Sunji and make his behavior coming from personal reason (personal reason is important, but social system controls and confines individual’s thought. – I studied political science in college.), avoid cutting the rising sun flag in the drama, made fictional enemies instead of Japanese emperor.

I think the Kishokai will be the final boss in this drama. But I still love the drama because I don’t want Joowon would be a target of Japanese extreme right wing people (like Kim Taehee). I want to protect this young actor and his bright future. 

Guest alysanne

@rhaps @mrdimples: Hrmmm...Shunji can definitely use the ring as a backup weapon, at the very least, as a distraction in a fight.  But yeah, Kangto just can't continue to rely solely on that flute thingy.  I think he's using it just to keep up the cover that it's still the same person behind the mask.  Or if he does use it as a main weapon, he's gonna have to figure out even more effective ways of using it on opponents like Shunji and Jun.  If he switches to a sword, though, I have a feeling Shunji will be able to tell that it's Kang-to because Shunji taught him most of what he knows.  And Gaksital will probably not resort to using a gun unless it's a dire situation...or he can just rely on everyone else to miss or shoot their allies while he dodges bullets and eventually becomes the last man standing.  :))

Guest sunshine4ever

don't they look awesome together? I was wondering why I am shipping Mok Dan and Kangto although they must be the most messed up couple in kdrama history, what with all the stabbing attempts by her and his torturing her intentionally and then the "dying inside but still had to torture her" later. Just looking at pics like this make me anticipate the day where Kangto can love Mok Dan without hiding behind the mask and Mok Dan can love Kangto for the man that he is. 

Guest crazy lulu

the point of the flute as a weapon is probably the same as, when in hong gil dong, the hong sisters decided to give hwal bin dang weapons that can cause harm but aren't actually made to be objects of harm. stick, paddle, fan. in gaksital, we have a flute. it wasn't made to kill, but it does the job when it has to. choice of weapon is a small detail that tells us the good guys are the good guys. they'll do what they can to keep from harming others, but they know what they have to do if it comes down to it. awesome.

Archived