[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

Guest bluedelacour

I think Leader Jo and Mok Dan have a plan.. so they tricked -Shunji ... the problem is that Kang To fell in that trick and now Shunji will suspect more and more... I really want MD know about Gaksital = Young master = LKT 
but i think that day is sooooo far away maybe the wound that she saw he has will help I dont know
this week will be the longest ever I'm trying to figure it out some excuses for KT like well in an interrogation I found out the name of Boon Yi... or I tried to gain the trust of DMS so I sued that well my head will go crazy this week
someone know about the txt preview I think that will calm my heart 
XDDD

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunshine4ever

So I did not watch all of episode 14, but the ending of this episode seems to indicate that BM's identity is revealed, no? Shunji & DSR will find out that Kangto is BM then? Cuz who else would have know Mok Dan as Boon Yi except for Bridal Mask hence the letter she wrote to him has her signature as BY and Shunji happened to pick it up and read.

This is great. I can't wait for next week! I don't know why seeing Shunji tortured people like this make me feel that this drama is so unrealistic. They don't even tell us the reasons why Shunji behaved the way he did. Are the writers just telling us that is how bad Shunji is? Behaving without thinking and/or without any rationale? I wish we have another view of Shunji and what he really is inside. I don't hate him, but his acts scared me as he didn't even feel people's pain when he beat them. How did a nice and compassionate Shunji behaved this way? His brother's death might have been the biggest reason. And/or his jealousy of Bridal Mask because MD loves him could have been some reason, too. But it's just unbelievable to me that he would turn to be like this ---- beating and torturing people without feeling their pain. It's so difficult for me to see such a character turns out like this without other explanations.

Today's episode although I didn't get a chance to watch it all reveals BM's weak spot which is BY. KT can get so emotionally when it comes to MD and Shunji saw it. Anyway, I still think there might be a chance in which KT can redeem himself even when Shunji heard everything. KT is smart. I just hope he comes up with some excuses like he did last time  when Shunji was asking about his disappearance in episode 13's beginning. :D

I think Leader Jo and Mok Dan have a plan.. so they tricked -Shunji ... the problem is that Kang To fell in that trick and now Shunji will suspect more and more... I really want MD know about Gaksital = Young master = LKT 

but i think that day is sooooo far away maybe the wound that she saw he has will help I dont know

this week will be the longest ever I'm trying to figure it out some excuses for KT like well in an interrogation I found out the name of Boon Yi... or I tried to gain the trust of DMS so I sued that well my head will go crazy this week

someone know about the txt preview I think that will calm my heart 

XDDD

Guest Jessi15

Actually now that I am fully awake from last night's deep shock when KT mentioned MD's real name and Shunji happened to overhear it, I must say I am not overworried and I think KT can come up with some excuses for knowing MD as Boon Yi, not so much as the always-disappearing-act when he turned into BM whenever he is around Shunji. KT has had a lot of run-in with MD in the past  which Shunji already knew about it anyway and  it is not so difficult to explain that in the course of investigation,  he somehow got to know about MD's real name and wants to use it to make DSR believe in him and hence disclose MD's whereabout. Shunji knew that KT has used MD as bait before to catch BM and he could use it as a cover. Of course Shunji will have more doubts and questions although he may not show on the surface and have KT monitored closely from now on. This is where a double would come in handy to thwart off Shunji's suspection.  Anyway at this stage it is only purely speculation, we need to wait until the next preview to come out to see what really happens. It seems that it has now become a cat-mouse game between KT & SJ, wit as well as physical confrontations which makes it more interesting. And I hope that next week MD will show a different side to her character that she is not just a damsel in distress but one who actually has brain and can fight for herself.

BINGO & Good morning to everyone ;)@bluedelacour, you know, it might actually be an interesting turn if KT was the one that fell into a trap (albeit unknowingly) and that leader Jo & MD tricked Shunji. Regarding BM's identity, I am actually a lot more worried as to how KT will explain his worries over MD than as to how he knows her old name (as is was mentioned before, KT is verry smart and he can think for excuses that would sound believable). His feelings are those who can and I think will, eventually give him away as the Bridal Mask.

Guest alysanne

@cravey: BINGO! I was about to say that his obvious worrying over MD is what's more telling compared to knowing her real name.  And am I weird if I say that I'm hoping he actually does NOT get away with this as cleanly as he did before? It may be just about time for someone to strongly suspect something about his identity.  *hides*

Guest sunshine4ever

Actually now that I am fully awake from last night's deep shock when KT mentioned MD's real name and Shunji happened to overhear it, I must say I am not overworried and I think KT can come up with some excuses for knowing MD as Boon Yi, not so much as the always-disappearing-act when he turned into BM whenever he is around Shunji. KT has had a lot of run-in with MD in the past  which Shunji already knew about it anyway and  it is not so difficult to explain that in the course of investigation,  he somehow got to know about MD's real name and wants to use it to make DSR believe in him and hence disclose MD's whereabout. Shunji knew that KT has used MD as bait before to catch BM and he could use it as a cover. Of course Shunji will have more doubts and questions although he may not show on the surface and have KT monitored closely from now on. This is where a double would come in handy to thwart off Shunji's suspection.  Anyway at this stage it is only purely speculation, we need to wait until the next preview to come out to see what really happens. It seems that it has now become a cat-mouse game between KT & SJ, wit as well as physical confrontations which makes it more interesting. And I hope that next week MD will show a different side to her character that she is not just a damsel in distress but one who actually has brain and can fight for herself.

Written preview ep15:

Shunji sees Kangto pleading and grabbing on to Damsari to save Boonyi” and remembers the letter Mokdan wrote to Gaksital signing off as Boonyi. He suspects Kangto is Gaksital and starts preparing a trap to catch Kangto

The next day, Shunji confirms with the patrolling officers’ report that at the time when Gaksital attacked at the Jongno market, Kangto wasn't in the station and gets even more suspicious. He says in front of Kangto that he will kill Mokdan the moment he gets his hands on her and Kangto grows uneasy, not knowing this is a trap.

Mokdan is discovered by the search of petrol and is running away from their guns when she unexpectedly runs into Kangto. She doesn't recognise from the pleading tone that Kangto plans to protect her and flees in terror instead...
credit sparkskey

Guest crazy lulu

@dramalove777, thanks for the written preview! it tells me what i've already guessed, which is good. haha. i still have no idea where they're going, but i've finally settled down after ep 14's ending, so i'm okay with not knowing. it's just the wait for wednesday that'll suck. please, video preview, be released soon!

and to add to discussion earlier, shunji is not redeemable. okay, i'm not positive, but i don't think that's the route they'll be taking with his character. usually with redeemable characters, we see seeds already planted that indicate redemption, like, say, lee kangto, or yeo woon of warrior baek dong soo. but with shunji, dude's just crazy now. and i don't see anything, except for maybe his past, that might lead him to redemption. he's bound to get worse. i've drawn up two possible endings for shunji--one i think would be WAY more awesome than the other to see play out--so i can't wait for them to bring the character of kimura shunji to a close.

i'm going to guess that damsari, if he doesn't find out in the next ep that lee kangto is gaksital, will be the first to know. exciting! but also, guhh--hurts me to say it, but when damsari figures it out, it'll be the day we say farewell to him. i suck at predicting dramas, so i hope i'm wrong again!

see you wednesday!

From the preview it seems we will have Kangto protecting Mokdan. But I wonder how he will escape from Shunji's trap? Unless someone else attacks them as Gaksital? Maybe that man who is with him?

But how will he explain himself as protecting Mokdan? That he loves her? Shunji will become more maniac if he knows this. His jealousy will make him crazier than he already is.

Guest hayablue77

Is Bridal Mask real in real life or is it really just a comic? If it is comic, then I guess it can be an exaggeration of what actually happened in history. (But I think the freedom fighters were real). I just think episode 14 makes the Japanese government (imperial) look quite bad. Anyway, I'm not taking any of this history thing seriously. I just hope whatever I posted will not offend anyone who is Japanese.

Guest hayablue77

Somehow I think Sunji will return to the original Sunji at the end, but it is also possible he will die to protect Kangto or/and Mokdan. If you look at K-dramas, many of dramas end with reconciliation. I think somehow the writer will try to give a message of peace by the reconciliation between Kangto and Sunji, but it is just my guess.

Guest sannouna

hi, waaaaw i'm really hooked to this drama. i want to ask if the srt file of the episode 14 is out or not???

Guest JenA313

Episode 14 legit gave me multiple major heart attacks! Soooo many near disasters averted and that damn ending, GOSH, of course they HAD to end it there! With no preview no less  :-O
The torture room scene between KT and Damsari is such a quiet yet powerful one. I FINALLY understand the Joseon movement's psyche beyond just obligatory patriotism. I mean I know that they want to fight for independence but all this time, like KT, I've been wondering if it's worth the huge sacrifice they made. Damsari's egg-and-boulder analogy finally gave me a clear understanding of their ideology. Well done!
Normally with a Kdrama, a proper romance is necessary to keep hooking me to a drama. Gaksital is an exception where I totally don't mind romance taking a backseat if it stays gripping like this! That said, I need more MD-KT (not MD-Gaksital) in my life! Drama gimme that!

I don't mind MD getting captured and used as bait => it just all means more interactions with KT /MB => possible real kiss this time perhaps??Also, I like the chemistry between Shunji and MD, I wouldn't mind seeing them together in a sceneI have a soft spot for villains who, regardless of how evil and ruthless they are, still faithfully love a girl. After all, who is the one that hits the club right after seeing MD??

P.S. KATSUYAMA LOOKED HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT WITH THE SWORD. I love this guy, been waiting awhile to see him fight

Yes, the original Bridal Mask is from a comic not from real life. But the drama is not exaggeration of the real history. In fact the reverse is true. The realities were scarier. Unit 731, the forced sexual slaves, the forced labors were all not covered in the drama. And the torturing box from Ep14 also really existed.

I don't think this drama has really portrayed the Japanese Govt as evil beings. Only individuals. E.g: Shunji's family.

It's not just the koreans, Chinese had to fight 8 years to get rid of Jap from their lands. The sad thing is some Japanese doesn't even know their own history.

Anyway, I don't think Shunji is redeemable. He's worst than his brother. I understand his frustration but he has too much hatred in him to turn himself around. My only hope is that he redeems himself in the end by saving KT and MD from his dad. Either Shunji or KT will die in the end. Hero never really lives long.. like Iljimae. *sighs*

Guest Jessi15

Written preview ep15:

Shunji sees Kangto pleading and grabbing on to Damsari to save Boonyi” and remembers the letter Mokdan wrote to Gaksital signing off as Boonyi. He suspects Kangto is Gaksital and starts preparing a trap to catch Kangto

The next day, Shunji confirms with the patrolling officers’ report that at the time when Gaksital attacked at the Jongno market, Kangto wasn't in the station and gets even more suspicious. He says in front of Kangto that he will kill Mokdan the moment he gets his hands on her and Kangto grows uneasy, not knowing this is a trap.

Mokdan is discovered by the search of petrol and is running away from their guns when she unexpectedly runs into Kangto. She doesn't recognise from the pleading tone that Kangto plans to protect her and flees in terror instead...
credit sparkskey

>

wow, if they actually go with this and leave it that Shunji strongly suspects KT is Gaksital, then wow, there will be so much angst! And pleeeeaseee, leave Gaksital be for a while. Give us some Kang To saving Mok Dan as himself scenes, so the girl can start falling in love with him as himself  :D

Archived