[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

ecs707a

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest serendipity8989

& It's crazy how BIG & Gentleman's Dignity has SO MUCH MORE pages full of discussion, when I don't really see anything too deep happening in those dramas. 
I haven't watched BIG, but the whole younger guy + older girl doesn't really appeal to me. Is anyone watching this right now? Do you guys recommend this? How is it comparable to BM?? 
I think BM is just so much more packed w/ content and drama (although it's a little slow on the romance), & the Japanese occupation/invasion hasn't necessarily been dealt with in Kdramas so I thought naturally, people would be more inclined to watch this drama??

Guest flipz

I haven't watched BIG, but the whole younger guy + older girl doesn't really appeal to me. Is anyone watching this right now? Do you guys recommend this? How is it comparable to BM?? 

I think BM is just so much more packed w/ content and drama (although it's a little slow on the romance),

I think BM is just so much more packed w/ content and drama (although it's a little slow on the romance),

Guest serendipity8989

I dont watch BIG either coz I'm not interested in the plot. And I know that this forum has less discussion compared to others, considering the story is not that bad. That's why, I post something instead of become a silent lurker like what I used to be

:p

Guest y101y

Joo Won, why are you so cute??? I'm in love with the way you act, it is so addicting!!! I can't wait til Wednesday, please come soon!!!

Guest sunshine4ever

Wow, so there is a second version of the Goodbye Day MV and it's with KS & KT. Not sure if anyone seen this and/or if it was posted yet. I just went to the other site to saw preview and saw this so I'm posting it. :)

Also here is version 2 of the "I Couldn't" MV (this one includes KT & MD in it):

Totally awesome. It would be so great if there is a MV for MD's version also. To be honest with you, I personally like "I Couldn't" and I see it fits for KT & MD more than for SJ & MD. I guess I don't really see any romances between SJ & MD that's why and I'm glad there is a version 2 of the "I Couldn't" :D

Guest sunshine4ever

awww...I totally missed this out, but at the end of episode 13 MD was holding on the her note, but did not remember she lost the note? Which is totally fine because it'll reach the person whom it was intended for in episode 15.

110zr6x.jpg

160ew3r.jpg

I actually am not a fan of anyone in this drama before watching it. I think I'm one of the few who is into this drama for its plot and its actors. I enjoyed fully everyone who acted in this drama. This will be a hard drama to reach out to a lot of people as it is a hard genre and especally if it lacks romance. And if most of the main leads are not known as the other leads like other dramas who were well-known. Sometimes I watched I Do I Do first, too, because I figured BM will just be a lot of politics and stuffs. I'm so grateful I gave this drama a chance due to its poster. :) If I have time I'll definitely watch City Hunter because I saw some of you wrote about it. :D

Guest aondb

Although I do agree a lot with everyone that the romance part in BM is kind of forced at times I think it's because they inserted it in later at the end. I think I read in some news that they actually read viewer opinions and people were asking for more KT-MD romance so they edited some of the script to add more KT-MD screentime. That'd explain why the romance is so mediocre while the rest of the plot is so awesome. The romance is, more than anything, probably meant to be a rating-booster.
Also, although KT protecting MD at all costs just because she's his first love, though cheesy, does kind of make sense to me. It's actually consistent with KT's character in that we know that when he loves someone he gets deeply attached to them and does anything and everything for them (like his mom and brother), including throwing away his pride and morals. For Mokdan, he's willing to reveal his secret identity even though it could screw him up, (and probably will as we see in the preview). It's just kind of hard to believe that you'd love someone so much at the age of, what, 10? and that that love would still be so deeply-rooted in your soul (emo-style) that you'd continue to love them just as much 20 years later with no interaction whatsoever. But then again, I've never had that child-first-love experience so I'd have to ask some experts in this field, aha ^^
I just kind of wish they'd made Mokdan more of a girl worth fighting for (haha, the Mulan soundtrack randomly pops right into mind). They could have made Mokdan a lot more badass, but I guess they were too focused on KT and SJ's character developments that they sort of forgot about her (I mean she was awesome in EP. 1 and 2 with her fighting skills which magically evaporated when Shunji tries to capture her the other 10 times). They should have had another writer help write Mokdan's part, that would help :/

Guest serendipity8989

LOL & you're probably right. It doesn't really seem too appealing, BM running around w/ a mask and a flute type thing, not to mention his RICE BOWL HAIR CUT. LOL.They should honestly give BM a new hair cut? 

Guest crazy lulu

the romance is fine. they have a good balance here. just a touch of romance (kangto-mok dan!) works well for a story about a conflicted vigilante hero who learns how and why to fight against the corruption of the japanese empire. even though the romance stems from that dreaded first love trope i loathe, i like how they've handled it. i'm enjoying where we're at so far with kangto and mok dan. yess. less gaksital-mok dan, please. :)

can't wait for 15 and 16.

Annyeong everyone :)

Hi serendipity8989, yeah I'm watching both BIG and A Gentleman's Dignity besides Bridal Mask *grin*. Well if you want to have some romance, comedy, sad and magic, you can try Big. I watch it mainly because of Gong Yoo cos hes one of my fave Korean actors. As for AGD, its my fave drama now besides Bridal Mask. Actually I started watching Bridal Mask quite late but it becomes one of my fave dramas currently,

Also, although KT protecting MD at all costs just because she's his first love, though cheesy, does kind of make sense to me. It's actually consistent with KT's character in that we know that when he loves someone he gets deeply attached to them and does anything and everything for them (like his mom and brother), including throwing away his pride and morals. For Mokdan, he's willing to reveal his secret identity even though it could screw him up, (and probably will as we see in the preview). It's just kind of hard to believe that you'd love someone so much at the age of, what, 10? and that that love would still be so deeply-rooted in your soul (emo-style) that you'd continue to love them just as much 20 years later with no interaction whatsoever. But then again, I've never had that child-first-love experience so I'd have to ask some experts in this field, aha ^^

Guest Jessi15

Watching the preview again, did you notice that SJ was wearing the ring? The very same one that Rie put on and striked at SJ's father face in an earlier episode. What could it mean, I wonder? Then who was it that KT was seen talking to and asked for help? I think MD is planning to use herself as bait  to draw SJ out so that her father's comrades can raid the police station and rescue her father. KT/BM won't sit back and watch so he will try to help and may be get himself in more danger. AAAH... I can't stand this suspense, tomorrow doesn't come quicky enough.

Archived