Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

Hell Has No Wrath Like A Woman's 

Part 1 Know When To Stop

KT: Masako, your ears are so beautiful

b8ee71310a55b319dcad11f943a98226cefc1796

MD: Young Master….you should know how to behave appropriately!

dfd1cbcec3fdfc039a2a7034d43f8794a5c2269c

Part 2 Shunji’s Provocation

Shunji: Mok Dan ah, do you know where Kangto has been recently? Look at these? See what he’s been up to?

Shunji: Look, Kangto this bast*** fooling around, neglecting you.

Shunji: Kekekekeke You don’t know, right? Are you shocked? What shall you do? Mok Dan?

MD: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

da3c7a8b4710b912cc6b6572c3fdfc0393452244

(Mok Dan didn’t know that Kang To was doing these to obtain secret information, she was livid to think he was having affairs. She immediately set off to find Kang To)

KT: Boon Yi? Boon Yi, what are you doing here at this time? What happened?

MD: Lee Kang To! You jerk!!! Modern man of Kyungsung, hanging out at the club all day long. I should have expected!!! You had the gall! Learn how to cheat like others?

KT: Wait…wait wait..Boon Yi!!! Ouch! What??? Ah! Wait!

MD: Rascal!! Return me my youth! Is this how you pay back my trust for believing you and marrying you so early?

a5d64b166d224f4a5525e09f09f790529922d1af

KT: Boon Yi ! Although I don’t know what’s happening….calm down first!!! Ouch! Aww! Why are you like this!!!

MD: Close your mouth and bear with it. Our children are still young and you are having an affair?

KT: A..Affair? Boon Yi, I didn’t!! After we got married, I never stayed a night at the club, you can ask Lady Boss. It’s true, you can also ask Haesok.

1d78bb19ebc4b7457a2c249acffc1e178b8215aa

After Shunji’s provocation

KT: I am wrong. Although I am not sure what’s happening, just take it that I am wrong. Boon Yi, please, stop Ooh…ow @#$&

MD: If you don’t know what’s the matter, why do you apologise? You are always like this, this time there’s no escape.

KT: I am wrong. TT Boon Yi TT Please stop beating me TT OowwTT It’s really painful. @#$%&

96e631dbb6fd5266c71fae98ab18972bd4073636

Kang To is struggling between hitting and being hit.

Shunji: Kekeke…really. Lee Kang To is caught between hitting and being hit…kekeke…that’s great. Every thing is going according to my plan. What prank should I pull the next time? 

3200dc2a2834349b8c28fc09c9ea15ce36d3be39

credit: baidu 

source: DC

english translation: mrdimples@soompi

Part 3
Kangto: Yah, Han Gye Soon.Kangto: Have a cup of tea with me?Hong Joo: That person...Mok Dan's....?Hong Joo: I have to let her know ASAP...Mok Dan: Is anything wrong Sister? Hong Joo: Well...sister...Mok Dan: ???Hong Joo: Just now...at the corridor...I...
---Just like that---
Mok Dan: (No...Young Master...this punk....)

27x3r5f.jpg
1051c9j.jpg
ete492.jpgmd2.gifmd3.gif

Part 4
Shun-Hong-Dan love triangle relationship
Hong Joo: Katsuyama.

hj1.jpg

Hong Joo: Kill her. Shunji: No matter what happens, you must wait for me. 

hj2.jpg

Mok Dan: I will wait for you. Mok Dan: (I'm sorry, Shunji)Mok Dan: Ueno Rie

hj3.jpg

Mok Dan: It's you who has lost. 

hj4.jpg

Credits to DC and Joo Won Baidu Tiebar for Chinese translations by m217tw and photos. English translation by mojobobo @ soompi 

PS: @mrdimples, I don't know why my first picture is so small. Let me know if you are able to get a big one? <3

mojobobo said: @sunshine4ever, well yes Heaven is open to anyone who accepts God when they finally meet him. I just wished Shunji had made the decision to stay alive and make amends because.. I don't know, I guess it shows that change is never too late and redemption can come at any time but only if you want it. I just want people to be happy hahah and it seemed such a waste that a bright young man gave up on life. 

Adaptation of Gaksital
Credits to m217tw @ Joo Won Baidu Tieba and DC

Kyung Sung Flower Episode 1

Shunji: Talk! Not going to talk? The dissidents behind the Independence Movement...Shunji: You want to catch them with your own hands?Shunji: You thought I didn't know?Kanngto: I don't know anything about that.

2qu85eg.jpg

Shunji: You don't know? Really? If you don't talk...Shunji: Even if you were a lackey for Imperial Japan, there's no guarantee you will live. Shouldn't you be begging me now to save you?Kangto: Independence fighters? That bunch of lazy dogs?Mok Dan: Bunch of lazy dogs???

25qdjwp.jpg

Shunji: Stubborn @sshole...Shunji: I might as well begin using torture. Shunji: What?Mok Dan: That @richard simmons is the Imperial Japan's lackey, he deserves to be tortured. But if you say that he's the hero who's been going around helping the Independence Fighters...

349fkuo.jpg

Mok Dan: That's just an insult to us belonging to the Independence Movement. You're looking down on us. Shunji: Us? Independence Movement?Mok Dan: All of us are living in extreme squalid conditions in that place but to reclaim our land, we bear with it and live as well as we can. Mok Dan: Traitors like Lee Kangto who choose to become Imperial Japan's lackey, you dare to say that he is in cahoots with the Independence Movement?Mok Dan: That is an utter insult. 

b7zz8y.jpg

Kangto: See...if I'm part of the Independence Movement, would I be so extremely hated?Kangto: You just hate me for being a Korean even though I'm an Imperial Police officer right?

106er9t.jpg

Shunji: You just wait. I will help you ensure that she can't evne say those words right away. Shunji: Lock up Lee Kangto this punk first.Shunji: We'll start from this richard simmons first. Torture her. 

15zl2rr.jpg

English translation by mojobobo @ soompi

Adaptation of Gaksital
Credits to m217tw @ Joo Won Baidu Tieba and DC

Kyung Sung Flower Episode 2

Lock up Lee Kangto this punk first.We'll start from this richard simmons first. Torture her. 

10p14zq.jpg

Kagawa: Go in!

2mxhdur.jpg

Kangto: Hey...

13zriwz.jpg

Kangto: Takeda! Kagawa!Kangto: Is there no one out there!

lcw7n.jpg

If we just leave her like that...That woman...Will die...

2hdtv0z.jpg

Koiso: Why? Scared already? You are afraid that the woman who took the torture for you will die? Kangto: Koiso.Koiso: Why? what is it?Kangto: That girl...if you don't bring her to the hospital...

ayoxhi.jpg

Koiso: Why should I do that? Have your brains spoiled? Kangto: What did you do to that woman? She will die if you just leave her there and not tend to her! Quickly take her to the hospital. This is an order from your officer!Koiso: Order? Kangto: do you want a woman who is not guilty of anything to die!? Isn't it enough that you already have me wrongfully imprisoned?  Koiso: I'm carrying out Captain Shunji's orders. 

2rwq4q9.jpg

Kangto: But your direct superior is me!Kangto: Ask Officer Kimura to come over!Koiso: Since when did Captain Kimura becmoe just an officer. Stupid @ss. Kangto: Koiso!

xq9fk0.jpg

Later on...I really manged to get him to come...

Koiso: Captain...there's a big problem!Shunji: Big problem?

2jcj75x.jpg

Kangto: Get Captain Kimura over here!Shunji: What is he up to?!Kangto: I'll let you choose. If you let this woman live, your brother gets to live too. 

207suuo.jpg

Kangto: Or else, we can all die together!

2h5rwhh.jpg

English translation by mojobobo @ soompi

I just wanted to say sorry to everyone that I tagged on my ending review post because I edited so many times. So sorry!

I like this scene so much so I'm posting bigger caps. :) Mask making experience with Mr. Lee Kang To, gotta learn this. :)

iciads.jpg

2ibdm4p.jpg

nqr6sw.jpg

2lu8cno.jpg

@sunshine4ever said: @mojobobo, I'm not too sure if you want an extension of why I think SJ did receive his salvation. I think I might write it since we both share the same view for the Shunji character. I am not too sure if you have watched episode 2 or any of the episodes again? I watched episode 6 again by accident because I was just playing it and I was writing at the forum yesterday and I saw how KT's mom and brother died. I'll have to watch episode 2 again because I think that's when they explain SJ & MD's relationship. I want to go back to see their relationship. Maybe what I said maybe redundant and said already; however, I would like to close up my ending for SJ.

I said to you before that I think SJ's death is honorable. I still believe in what I think it is. (I know maybe the word "honorable" is not appropriate for the character who killed massively, but I can't think of another word lol. Okay, so how about this...he did not die in vain committing suicide.) I guess everyone can take the ending however they wish to because I remember the scene that SJ was crying there were no words. He didn't even say anything to Rie. But I will explain further. I missed a lot of posts in this thread, so I might say stuffs that other people said already. Bear with me. I need to make time for ep 2 though. Hopefully I can at some point this week.

Will you try to watch it? You don't have to, but if you do it'll be so cool because we will be able to articulate SJ more especially his past. We need a reminder sometimes because it's been decades or something since episode 2?

About your pictures that you posted above I think because it is too big for your photobucket so that's why they automatically resize it. Do you want to give me the link for it? I can cut it for you and make those into two so it won't resize your pics dear.

Thanks for the translations. I can't read anything today so no reaction for me for now. :) I don't know how to explain to you but after watching the last episodes I felt so relieved. It was not as scary as I thought it was. It's just sad.

@mojobobo, thanks for recapping ep 2 for me. I'm gonna find time to rewatch it. I'll write an extension of what I meant about SJ's salvation because for me when SJ killed himself, I did not feel even once sad. I was crying for him, but I understand why he had to die. I can't possibly explain to you now because I'm dying to watch ep 2 again with him and MD because I think MD was his light to be back to his own self again. It's crazy but I read something from a site about MD's death as a necessary path.

I know the scriptwriter has her way of ending the story how she wishes to, but I personally think that PKW did change his original character. :) I know SJ is really meant to be destructed and killed in his own way. I even thought of SJ as someone from the past and he's so real. He existed in war times. We read about World War II in the Europe side, so I can only relate to SJ as an image of a European war oppressor at that time. I just found SJ to be different from the rest because he was willing to kill himself and/or die because of a girl he used to meet way back.

Explain later and I agree with you that he did lose everything. So is Rie and KT. :) But understand that SJ is from a different perspectives. Salvation on earth is not available for him in that way because he lost everything. Rie and KT had something to fight for, he didn't and besides he was the person that brought destruction to so many people including MD. I don't think he would likely to want to live on knowing how much pain he had caused MD and KT. When he woke up from that dream it was definitely hard to live on, but that doesn't mean dying that way could mean the end of everything.

@mojobobo
Try these three, sorry in the process of cutting it out I don't think they are even, but it's bigger than the original because it's too big so we can't upload it like original.

Oh I would like to say that I'll try to write something because I just felt like my ideas are just too complex, but if it is then I am sorry hehehe because for me I liked the ending that way and I'm happy (on my side) for SJ even though the scriptwriter has her own way of interpreting her story because it was her story to tell. I think I ignored a lot of the Korean and Japanese stuffs between KT & SJ and I mentioned to you before that I am rooting for KT & SJ as though they are of the same nations. For me there is no such thing is Korean or Japanese. I believe in a God that loves you beyond anything that could be comprehensible. That's how grand God's love is and he does and loves SJ even despite all of his sins. I felt like because SJ was able to cry that was enough for him to be saved. When one is remorseful of one's sins that is enough for one to enter Heaven.

-edit again-

anyway, I just realized that the entire time you really do wish to see SJ alive and experience salvation while I am in acceptance of his death and wish him to have salvation...should I even bother writing more about it? lol...I guess it calls for an end. We both want salvation for him, but for you he has to be alive while I am okay with him being dead. Haha.

@sunshine4ever wa I was just about to go for lunch ahah. Thanks for your reply and I understand where you are coming from but I still think that Shunji lacked the courage to live and it was a waste. I do know what you are trying to say; that Shunji, in dying, was able to go on to a better life. And I agree [because we are both Catholic so this is easy] that God loves us regardless of our sins and as long as we wish to meet him, we can. That still doesn't negate from the fact that it's not up to Shunji to decide when to die. and given his condition, I think it was hard for him to accept forgiveness when he couldn't even forgive himself. To be able to meet God, he has to want to accept God and given his state of mind then, I don't know if he thought that God was something he wanted anymore. Hell is when you yourself choose to live in total loneliness, to the point of rejecting God. In this sense then, Shunji might just as well have chosen hell for himself. But that's my take and you are open to your interpretations. It's fun to talk about it, though I hope I'm not boring the rest in this thread kekeke. 

mojobobo said: @sunshine4ever wa I was just about to go for lunch ahah. Thanks for your reply and I understand where you are coming from but I still think that Shunji lacked the courage to live and it was a waste. I do know what you are trying to say; that Shunji, in dying, was able to go on to a better life. And I agree [because we are both Catholic so this is easy] that God loves us regardless of our sins and as long as we wish to meet him, we can. That still doesn't negate from the fact that it's not up to Shunji to decide when to die. and given his condition, I think it was hard for him to accept forgiveness when he couldn't even forgive himself. To be able to meet God, he has to want to accept God and given his state of mind then, I don't know if he thought that God was something he wanted anymore. Hell is when you yourself choose to live in total loneliness, to the point of rejecting God. In this sense then, Shunji might just as well have chosen hell for himself. But that's my take and you are open to your interpretations. It's fun to talk about it, though I hope I'm not boring the rest in this thread kekeke. 

@sunshine4ever, you should be sleeping soon right??? 
I'm not saying that death = no salvation it's just that in Shunji's case, he wasn't dying as a martyr. But yes, I do accept that from the larger narrative arc, Shunji represented Japan and in this case death was appropriate but as an individual character I just he had lived on courageously and contribute back to society hahaha. 

I dont know if it had been discussed before, but I read it on wikipedia that the drama is slightly different from the manhwa itself. Anyone cares to share those differences ? Thanks :)

Hi guys..

@mojobobo and @sunshine4ever, no. . you guys dont make us bored with your conversation. Keep it up to make this thread alive :). I cant go here as often as before, but I'm so happy every time I see new posts in this thread :).

@coolreborn, thx for the pic :). I've copied a view episodes to my galaxy, so I can watch KangTo anytime.. :P..

To everyone, thx for the wonderful posts :).

@mojobobo Thank you! Very interesting indeed! I'd love to have the first ending LOL the main character ends up with his love one! but well, the drama version is really good.. Pity MD's death, but it fits in the story :) thanks 

Celebrity Topic – Joo Won’s Drama Travelogue

Part 2 – Handsome Men's Banquet

86a2a8ec08fa513df3e567533d6d55fbb3fbd999

Starring in 3 dramas, Joo Won has entered into the category of “Hot Star”. He has always worked well with his sunbaes. He did not depend on the youth drama genre but through family dramas, he has grown as an actor. Suggestions and encouragements from his sunbaes are his most precious pillars of support.

29th June 2010 “Baker King Kim Tak Gu” - Sunbaes Jun Kwang Ryul’s Care and Mighty Presence

Everything was unfamiliar; it was a brand new experience on Baker King Kim Tak Gu. The burden of playing the antagonist made me even more nervous. I had the stress, thinking that I have to do it really well. Compared to hoobaes, there were more sunbaes on the film set. I was afraid to make any mistake so I was very careful. I received the most care from sunbae, Jun Kwang Ryul.

8575d909b3de9c829a07f2026c81800a18d8438d

Sunbae, Jun Kwang Ryul has always taken good care of me. He spoke many comforting words to give me warmth as I was freezing cold (with nervousness?) and during acting, he gave me many suggestions. Now, looking back, I am full of gratitude towards him.

Joo Won and Jun Kwang Ryul?

Acting as the head of the conglomerate, Jun Kwang Ryul’s Goo Il Joong and Joo Won’s Ma Jun were father and son legally speaking. But in reality, he was not his biological father. A man, full of firm convictions and strict, Goo Il Joong dedicated himself to work; he strongly believed a man shall reap what he sows. His biological son was Kim Tak Gu (Yoon Shi Yoon) who was Ma Jun’s arch enemy. Ma Jun craved for Il Joong’s love but Il Joong had only Tak Gu on his mind.

Whenever he was acting, sunbae Jun Kwang Ryul emitted a special aura, a halo of light. In order to draw the viewers into the show, he would instantly immerse himself into the drama. I wish to become a person who is full of charisma just like sunbae.

When we were acting opposite each other, even though we are both men, I would also think he is “so handsome”. Sunbae’s had especially deep emotions showing in his eyes. This made his acting even better. If I were to continue acting in this manner, will I also be like sunbae and possess a pair of powerful dashing gaze?

6th August 2011 "Ojakgyo Brothers" – 4 Hwang Brothers’ Strong Mutual Understanding

Ojakgyo Brothers had the best atmosphere. Especially in scenes where the 4 Hwang brothers come together, now as I think back, they are still the ‘Best”. Because we got along very well, we often go to the karaoke room, put on wigs and sang together, we were really happy having fun. These happy memories are still vivid in my mind. Whenever I thought of those times, I will laugh. Although there was significant disparity in our ages, we were close like real brothers.

950bc7fc1e178a821f80742df603738da877e8a8

Joo Won and Hwang Brothers?

On the Ojakgyo farm, Joo Won was number 3 among the Hwang brothers. Big brother Tae Shik was the eldest, he had a strong sense of responsibility but he had no capability. He was indecisive and cautious. Second brother Tae Bom had been an excellent student since young, he wanted to be the best in everything he does. He was the perfect man except for just 2%. Maknae Tae Pil was a playboy; he was eloquent, had strong ability and was spoilt.

Up to now, I still frequently keep in touch with Woong In hyung, Soo Young hyung and Woo Jin hyung, we also meet up. We will root for each other’s new projects. Filming Ojakgyo Brothers, hyungs and I all had different opinions, but we always respect each other. That’s why the show was able to receive so much love from the audience. Because the actors had tacit understanding of each other and were able to cooperate well, wouldn’t this type of atmosphere be abundantly conveyed on the screen?

Towards a new actor like me, Woong In hyung was not difficult at all; he would always speak to me in an unaffected way. Hyung is really the best!

30th May 2012 "Bridal Mask" – Sunbae Kim Eung Soo’s Applause

Although I worked very well with Park Ki Woong, Jin Se Yeon and Han Chae Ah and other actors in my peer group, the one who left the deepest impression is sunbae Kim Eung Soo. It is not easy for sunbaes to get close to hoobaes. Especially on the film set, to say even one sentence, it’s also very difficult. Moreover, I am not the lively sort; it was strenuous for me to even approach the sunbaes.

But sunbae Kim Eung Soo took the initiative to give me help. During the initial filming, he would often give me suggestion like “Wouldn’t it be better to it this way?” He would take very good care of me. At that time, I was already very grateful to him, after the production ended; much of it still remained in my heart.

238556df8db1cb130ad3379edd54564e93584bb5

Joo Won and Kim Eung Soo?

After hyung (Shin Hyun Joon) died, Joo Won as Lee Kang To became the 2nd generation Bridal Mask. And at the same time, he was the outstanding police officer, leading dual lives. Konno Goji(Kim Eung Soo) was the Chief of the Police station, he was an elite bureaucrat, and not the military type but has objectivity more like that of an administrator. He was able to rationalize matters and was especially fond of the very capable Kangto.

As the filming progressed, I became closer to sunbae, I also had more confidence towards acting and no longer felt discouraged. Whenever I finished my act, Sunbae Kim Eung Soo would always be at my side  praising me, saying “You did well.” He would even clap his hands. When I was wondering “Did I act it well?” sunbae’s applause rang in my ears, it really gave me tremendous strength. Sunbae’s kind words and applause was what led Kangto in the drama and they were the very important psychological pillars to me.

He made me determined that in the future when I act with my hoobaes, I must praise them more, to become a sunbae who is generous with encouragement. “To all my sunbaes, I am very very thankful to all of you!”

Written by: Joo Won

Edited by : Hwang Young Hee

Source: Naver

Chinese translation: minidadalove on baidu

English translation: mrdimples@soompi