Quantcast
ecs707a

[Drama 2012] Bridal Mask 각시탈

@sunshine4ever: It's sad, but I don't think SJ would be able to live and rebuild his life, mojobobo. It's because the circumstances didn't allow him to because of how the plot was built. If SJ ran away with Rie and lived the rest of his life freely or redone, it wouldn't make sense because he would be guilty for the rest of his life for killing MD and realizing how many people he killed. Remember that SJ was a very sensitive soul. I am sad to see his death and I learned to be compassionate towards people like SJ, but I realized that sometimes we can't be in control of how a person chose their paths. The only way we can do is to pray for them if they have lost their ways like SJ.
Yes I agree that Shunji would have found it almost impossible to rebuild his life and that was why he chose to die. But then the theme of salvation would have been much better served if Shunji did find the courage to do so and it would show that salvation is available for anyone at anytime. I have to agree, plot wise it would be impossible for Shunji to find that courage but if he had focused on his naany and the children he used to teach, it may have been possible. Ok it's just me, I'm being very idealistic here lol.

mojobobo said: @sunshine4ever: It's sad, but I don't think SJ would be able to live and rebuild his life, mojobobo. It's because the circumstances didn't allow him to because of how the plot was built. If SJ ran away with Rie and lived the rest of his life freely or redone, it wouldn't make sense because he would be guilty for the rest of his life for killing MD and realizing how many people he killed. Remember that SJ was a very sensitive soul. I am sad to see his death and I learned to be compassionate towards people like SJ, but I realized that sometimes we can't be in control of how a person chose their paths. The only way we can do is to pray for them if they have lost their ways like SJ.
Yes I agree that Shunji would have found it almost impossible to rebuild his life and that was why he chose to die. But then the theme of salvation would have been much better served if Shunji did find the courage to do so and it would show that salvation is available for anyone at anytime. I have to agree, plot wise it would be impossible for Shunji to find that courage but if he had focused on his naany and the children he used to teach, it may have been possible. Ok it's just me, I'm being very idealistic here lol.

Wooooo I'm back in BM thread, is this a miracle or what? 'Cause I'm still bitter over the ending, can you believe that? I mean if a friend told me the exact same thing, I would be just like, "OMG get over it, it's just a drama" T_T... But I still managed to bring my sorry as* back here... cause even though the ending left me heartbroken... I still love this drama to death, and I owe it to BM to come back here. And it feels nostalgic seeing the frequent posters in this thread still coming here to share their insights. You guys are very dedicated, definiteIy a lot better than wimpy me lol. I remember how much I enjoyed all the posts in this thread, and hanging out here during the summer, no regrets there :)
So I was just watching a list of MV's, torturing myself and remembering KangDan/Bang couple... *sigh* Here it is. Some of them might've been posted already, but like I said, I just got back here.
By blackkxstar

By Naatthaaliie

By Svetusikls4 (Amazing Shunji MV)
http://youtu.be/8sgqhBHKbQk
By bookdork1

By AnonBlackkMV (This one made me cry... T_T)
http://youtu.be/b8sCFb576OU

RoxyYEH said: Wooooo I'm back in BM thread, is this a miracle or what? 'Cause I'm still bitter over the ending, can you believe that? I mean if a friend told me the exact same thing, I would be just like, "OMG get over it, it's just a drama" T_T... But I still managed to bring my sorry as* back here... cause even though the ending left me heartbroken... I still love this drama to death, and I owe it to BM to come back here. And I remember how much I enjoyed all the posts in this thread, and hanging out here during the summer, no regrets there :)
So I was just watching a list of MV's, torturing myself and remembering KangDan/Bang couple... *sigh* Here it is. Some of them might've been posted already, but like I said I just got back here.
-videos originally detached-

@sunshine4ever Thanks. I haven't read back old posts, probably a lot has piled up by now. Maybe when I get the time... but right now I'm still pretty beat up over watching those MV's and... remembering stuff... T_T Anywayz I hope that after my last post, I'll start coming here again. :)

@sunshine4ever

thanks for the warm welcome :)
this was definitely the drama that sucked me back to kdramas full time.

By the way, I watched parts of the beginning and saw Tamao..what the heck..how come I never knew he existed before that? lol. He was cute and he was KT's friend from the club. I like him. So sad to see his end also.

I hardly post drawings as some don't do justice to the subject. This portrait is good. 
Credit : 鱼Source: baidu
bec18213632762d0dce77230a0ec08fa503dc615

Hi guys!

Thx for all the goodies and discussion you all posted here ^_^. Btw, I have a question that I always want to ask *but alwayd forgotten". Why do Baek Gun and MokDan call KangTo 'turang nim' (young master - sorry, dunno how to spell it). Is it bcoz his father was an officer in the palace? So, does it mean that KT and his family can be considere as royal blood?

And, what kind of org Kishokai is? I believe that it's kinda secret org that wanted to conquer Asia *the world? It really sounds like every villain in comic books :P*. Are they fighting for their own organization, or are they ordered by the empire?

-edit-

Sorry,I posted from handphone and my post were cut just like that :(. Anyway,I've been curious bcoz I read dramabeans' review of episode 4. Here, I copy paste the lines :

"The title card tells us that Baek Gun was their father’s right-hand warrior-slash-bodyguard (in Joseon pre-occupation, the Lee family was of noble birth). "

Thats why, I wonder whether KT has a royal blood or not. Here is the link.

www.dramabeans.com/2012/06/gaksital-episode-4/

@rhaps, here are two approaches towards Boon Yi's Young Master:

snguyenova's approach at the meaning of "Young Master"
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25188001/#Comment_25188001

wildcherry's approach at the meaning of "Young Master"
http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/comment/25188548/#Comment_25188548

once you read it you will appreciate the fact that Boon Yi actually calls him YM :) because it linked him to his past...but I think it's a bit more of an endearment since not that many people call him by that title...*sad* she died so now the only person that would call him that would be BG.

@sunshine4ever, ah..I must've missed those posts. Thx.

I also read wikipedia and found some interesting facts. So,Lee family name is indeed used by royals in Korean old times, so I do think that KT's family were decendants of some Korean emperor.

And, I think I know why KT,KS, and MD have a child name :P. Here is an article about Korean name :

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_name#section_4

I copy paste some lines from Usage part, Traditional nicknames :

"Among the common people, who have suffered from high child mortality, children were often given amyeong (childhood name), to wish them long lives by avoiding notice from the messenger of death.[9] These sometimes-insulting nicknames are used sparingly for children today.[10]".

Hmmm interesting. Why cant I put more attention to my own traditional culture? :P

Anyway,I'm off to bed now. Bye :)..

rhaps said: @sunshine4ever, ah..I must've missed those posts. Thx.
I also read wikipedia and found some interesting facts. So,Lee family name is indeed used by royals in Korean old times, so I do think that KT's family were decendants of some Korean emperor.

And, I think I know why KT,KS, and MD have a child name :p. Here is an article about Korean name :
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_name#section_4

I copy paste some lines from Usage part, Traditional nicknames :

"Among the common people, who have suffered from high child mortality, children were often given amyeong (childhood name), to wish them long lives by avoiding notice from the messenger of death.[9] These sometimes-insulting nicknames are used sparingly for children today.[10]".

Hmmm interesting. Why cant I put more attention to my own traditional culture? :p

Anyway,I'm off to bed now. Bye :)..

Kangto and Mok Dan's married life - Trouble with Finances
<At night, in front of Jongro Police Station><Lee Kangto, 26 years old, Imperial Japan's lackey>
Kangto: What's up...why does the atmosphere feel so cold...Abe: Captain!! Something big has happened!Kangto: What is it now...it's been such a long time since I went for drinks and I only drank a bit...

s1.jpg

Abe: Erm...your wife came...Kangto: Who? Oh Mok Dan?Kangto: I'm in deep sh!t...

s2.jpg

<Mother-in-law, Father-in-law, wife>
Mother-in-law: If he says this, then just pull his hair!

s3.jpg

Mok Dan: Isn't it your pay day today?Kangto: (Can't even get a word in...)Mok Dan: So you took your whole salary and drank it away?Father-in-law: Mok Dan ah...you cannot treat your husband like this...

s4.jpg

Father-in-law: Mok Dan ah, Dad will talk to him ok? I will counsel him well...Mother-in-law: Mok Dan ah...listen to Mum...for important things like this, you need to chase after him and hit him well!Mok Dan: Because I've always bore it, you think I'm a pushover now?Kangto: When men do business it's inevitable that they end up drinking a little.Mok Dan: You can forget about entering the house. There will be no more allowance for you in future!

s5.jpg

Kangto: ...AbeKangto: Do I really reek of alcohol?Abe: There is...just that bit of smell...Kangto: From the looks of it, she probably went through my drawers...my secret stash of money...did she find it or not?Abe: I...don't think she did....Kangto: Phewwww....so lucky...then all's fine then. 

s6.jpg

Source: DCChinese translation by m217tw @ Joo Won Baidu TiebaEnglish translation by mojobobo @ soompi