[Drama 2012] The Equator Man 적도의 남자

Admin

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kayana20

Somi has bigger issues than just her infatuation with Jang II she has an inferiority complex because of her dad and all and Jang II has the same thing... she is jealous of JW not just because of Jang II but because of what JW represents even though she is poor now but she is still from a higher class ..and she is also jealous of the president daughter and that was obvious with the way she treats her and the fact that she wants to get the attention of her mother she just wants what others have and she did not have.. also notice her clothes style so extravagant might be another sign of this .. but I dont think she wants trouble between SW and JW actually she pushed them together .. she wants JW out of the way...also her feelings towards Jang II also comes from the fact that she thinks they are similar sharing the same fate or something

Tango you are nailing the characters spot on. You and Shedevil when I watch watching the old episodes I realized what both of you were saying about Jang II and Soo-Mi was absolutely true.Ji-won never had feeling for Jang II at all she just saw him as someone from her old college days. The way she talks to him and how she gave him the money back clarified that even more that finally he got it. I for 1 am so happy sun-woo stepped in when he did because if he had not we all know Jang II would have kept finding ways for Ji-won to pay him back since she couldn't since she had no money to do so.I think Ji-won is really going to be the rock sun-woo needs right now especially if he is going blind again. Now as for Jang II and Soo-Mi they both do share the same fate and will reap what they sow for destroying so many lives with the lies and secrets that are destroying them. Jang II father is selfish and sick I so hope he gets what's coming to him.

OMG, He is experiencing blind again. I hope everything will be all right in the end. I don't want him to be blind again. He deserve to be happy with Lee bo Young who loved him so dearly.

I hope the director will turned it to be happy ending.

Me too because I love his reason of why he worked so hard to get his surgeries and his reason for coming back for Hemingway.

@kayana20 and shedevil77 - I am all for forgiveness. In fact people are always telling me I am too forgiving. No one has tried to kill me but a scumbag I used to know did commit a crime and set me up for it. Fortunately I managed to prove my innocence. I forgave them and left it at that. That one act came back to bite me in the butt over and over again as I was always having to explain myself on background checks and such. Then I found out that afterwards he did the same thing to someone else who was not as lucky as I was. After that I realized my mistake. If I had not cavalierly forgiven that person then I would not be stuck explaining my past and the other victim would not have had their life ruined. I realized I had been a fool who had just moved on with my life.

Frankly if I saw that scumbag again I would probably run him over.

From that experience I learned that just because you forgive someone does not mean they should not take responsibility for their actions. I know I should forgive others for myself ( my emotional health etc) and I should make sure they pay for their actions for the well-being of others. Truly people tend to learn from painful experiences. I truly believe it is an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth and a life for a life. That was a strong belief where I grew up and I was always against that stance but after living for 20 years feeling bad for that person who wrongfully ended up in jail and feeling bad for his family, is wife died from the stress and his kids went into foster care and ended up in some really awful situations, I now strongly advocate revenge. If I had taken that stance then the scumbag I forgave would have probably not framed the other guy and ruined his life and that of his kids.

People tend to think revenge is wrong but that is not true. Revenge has many forms - bringing a criminal to justice is revenge as well. Someone saying they are sorry because they got caught and asking for forgiveness and getting it is not OK. They have to know in their bones that their actions have consequences. That is why I find most revenge drama disappointing. A life for a life does not mean you have to kill the other person but you can certainly make it so they never forget what is waiting for them if they do evil again. Although - I do advocate Chinese water torture as a way for them to repent - lol.

It takes a strong person to be the bigger person and trust you let that person go but I guarantee you that person is getting back everything they do to others. Always remember do unto others as you do unto yourself.revenge has so many forms but the best is letting their guilt eat them alive and systematically destroy them or haunt them with all the wrong they did.

@Tango27 how come the preview video is out now and from the looks of it seems Soo-Mi father could not take it anymore and confessed. Sun-Woo is devastated to discover his friend's father killed his dad and that Jang II killed him so he would not imprison his dad.That has got to hurt to realize the friend you though was friends with you hated you that whole time and just stayed friends with you to ensure you would not get with Ji-won and really realize your dad never committed suicide.Excited for tomorrow. also they had a passionate kiss but it was 3 different types of kisses and drama's. Equator Man is adult romance with no gimmicks and yes that kiss was hot as can be. I loved it. K2H 2 souls in love but so stubborn to not see it because they rather be in control or be the stronger one in the relationship. Their kisses are about discovery and realization. while on RTP it's all about innocence because it's obvious both of them are virgins or never had a real kiss before. Rediscovering love and what it is.

Shedevil where are you?

Guest keitachan

It takes a strong person to be the bigger person and trust you let that person go but I guarantee you that person is getting back everything they do to others. Always remember do unto others as you do unto yourself.revenge has so many forms but the best is letting their guilt eat them alive and systematically destroy them or haunt them with all the wrong they did.

That is presupposing that they feel any quilt to begin with. There are lots of amoral people out that that go around committing crimes. As for doing to others, letting people get away with crimes and saying "Karma will get them" is a cop out. That way of looking at things would leave a world full of criminals walking around. That is like seeing a murder in progress and doing nothing because they murderer will eventually feel guilty. WHy bother testify about witnessing a crime when you can leave it to guilt to take care of the person. Guilt does not really stop people from doing things. And guilt is something everyone lives with in one way or the other. All people have o do is justify their actions and they can go on, and on, and on doing the same things over and over. There are serial killers who felt bad hurting people but they still became serial killers.

I would much rather live knowing that I forgave someone who wronged but and that I had done everything possible to know justice was done without compromising my conscience than to just forgive someone, do nothing, have them go out and do the same to others and live wracked by guilt the rest of my life while the person doing all the wrongs go merrily along their way.

Guest kkate

Hello The Equator Man fans!

Is anyone watching this drama live streaming? Could you give a link different from iOnAirTv? Thanks :)

That is presupposing that they feel any quilt to begin with. There are lots of amoral people out that that go around committing crimes. As for doing to others, letting people get away with crimes and saying "Karma will get them" is a cop out.  That way of looking at things would leave a world full of criminals walking around. That is like seeing a murder in progress and doing nothing because they murderer will eventually feel guilty. WHy bother testify about witnessing a crime when you can leave it  to guilt to take care of the person. Guilt does not really stop people from doing things. And guilt is something everyone lives with in one way or the other. All people have o do is justify their actions and they can go on, and on, and on doing the same things over and over.  There are serial killers who felt bad hurting people but they still became serial killers.

I would much rather live knowing that I forgave someone who wronged but and that I had done everything possible to know justice was done without compromising my conscience than to just forgive someone, do nothing, have them go out and do the same to others and live wracked by guilt the rest of my life while the person doing all the wrongs go merrily along their way.

Here I am kayana,biggrin.gif

I was with you keitachan  until you said serial killers have remorse.I totally disagree with that. .Serial killers by their very nature are psychopaths or sociopaths   (that is why they kill over and over) NO guilt NO conscious. they can kill a whole family (like BTK did) and go home to his wife eat dinner and help his kids with their homework, and sleep like a baby,] That is COLD BLOODED.They have remorse after being caught but that pity is reserved for themselves. At least this is one person's opinion. I believe hate and revenge will eat you up and why waste your life hating when you don't have too.It is bad for YOUR psychological well being  .Sometimes you have to let things go or you will be stuck , another victim of the scumbag. It is truly my belief that   in life ,you reap what you sow. Maybe Karma isn't the right word but I also agree bad guys do a whole lot of damages many times before they pay for their sins. Man did I go on a rant. My bad.  Soo Mi, her dad, Jang II , his dad  Mr. Jin  his stupid vain wife are all flawed people who made very poor decisions and are continuing  to make bad choices of because of their mind sets.  Greed, lust ,obsession, pride, love all play a role in why each did the things the did/do. but no secret stays dead forever and it will always come back to haunt you. I think Jin and Jang II are going to end up killing each other to tell you the truth. Jang II firmly believes his father would not would not have killed  sun Woo's dad if it were not for JIN but the truth is Jang 's II dad has always been a bastid. Jang II dad was able to justify leaving a teen( who stood up for him) to get hurt by gangsters  and encouraged his son to do the same. The man's morale compass is totally broken.I hate Jang II's dad for being a sniveling whining coward who raised a son to be weak as well.

BTW, thanks for the links for  the preview the great recap and all the pics. You guys are the best.

Episode 15  shows   the reason the Man of the Equator is no# 1.What  a powerful episode. Even Soo Mi's dad  sat incredulous after seeing those pictures and what they meant Now  he realizes why Soo Mi was so insistent her dad tell no one what he witnessed the night of Sun woo's dad's death.I have never seen a father so disappointed in his child, And for him to know all the pain he and his child  caused Sun Woo(with their non disclosures) had to weigh heavily on his heart. At least I give Soo Mi's dad credit for being man enough to get on his knees and apologize.Out of all the characters I really  liked his irreverent ,silly, rascally behavior.Soo Mi is lower than dog poop in my book and Jang II dad is a piece of work too. Jang's dad killed a man so he could see his son succeed(and have pride in that) WHAT!!! You took a kid from an already dying man and never even once did you try to help Sun woo who was now parent-less as atonement for your sins.. despicable.!!!. Soo Mi with her obsessive love is also sickening.She is just a plain  pathetic nut. I wonder what Mr. Jin and sun Woo talked about . Two  more secrets to go.  Jin's wife is going to find out her hubby is also been living a lie and never really loved her.Jin has been loving  a dead woman  (Sun woo's mom) their whole married life. And remember she got mad when her hubby called out a woman's name in his sleep. Wouldn't that be something for Jin's wife to be part of  Jin's downfall because she found out her dear hubby never loved her. and has a son by by his dead beloved  to boot.!!. Once she opens that drawer  we will see..... hahahaha I love it.. .Sorry for the previous ranting post. I had my loved one hurt by violence and I had so much hate in me it took me years to come to grips with it. But forgiveness allows you to let go of the anger and heal.And as I said before not be yet another victim of the bad guy.smile.gif I am off to watch the downloads of K2h and RTP. from the posts it looks like they were good too.

BTW: thanks dabdi for the pics and semi-fly for the link you are my hero !! biggrin.gif

Guest kayana20

That is presupposing that they feel any quilt to begin with. There are lots of amoral people out that that go around committing crimes. As for doing to others, letting people get away with crimes and saying "Karma will get them" is a cop out. That way of looking at things would leave a world full of criminals walking around. That is like seeing a murder in progress and doing nothing because they murderer will eventually feel guilty. WHy bother testify about witnessing a crime when you can leave it to guilt to take care of the person. Guilt does not really stop people from doing things. And guilt is something everyone lives with in one way or the other. All people have o do is justify their actions and they can go on, and on, and on doing the same things over and over. There are serial killers who felt bad hurting people but they still became serial killers.

I firmly believe in an eye for an eye with reason but to kill just for ambition is scary and sad that some people are like that. Guilt can only take care of a person so much but provoking them into speaking their guilt and making them realize the profound effect they had when they destroyed that person's life should destroy them enough. People always think before they act but some truly just snap and act then realize what they did wrong. It's either because of jealousy or the fact that they think they deserve more then the person they killed.I would want to forgive someone if I truly believe I had too. I can understand why they did it but never would I want to do that. I would rather they rot away and something anything would destroy them.

??????

*quoted image*

Millet Camping :blink:

I hope it's not a survivor tour.

LOl no maybe a date so he can calm down after finding out all those secrets.

Episode 15  shows   the reason the Man of the Equator is no# 1.What  a powerful episode. Even Soo Mi's dad  sat incredulous after seeing those pictures and what they meant Now  he realizes why Soo Mi was so insistent her dad tell no one what he witnessed the night of Sun woo's dad's death.I have never seen a father so disappointed in his child, And for him to know all the pain he and his child  caused Sun Woo(with their non disclosures) had to weigh heavily on his heart. At least I give Soo Mi's dad credit for being man enough to get on his knees and apologize.Out of all the characters I really  liked his irreverent ,silly, rascally behavior.Soo Mi is lower than dog poop in my book and Jang II dad is a piece of work too. Jang's dad killed a man so he could see his son succeed(and have pride in that) WHAT!!! You took a kid from an already dying man and never even once did you try to help Sun woo who was now parent-less. despicable.!!!. Soo Mi with her obsessive love is also sickening. I wonder what Mr. Jin and sun Woo talked about . Two  more secrets to go.  Jin's wife is going to find out her hubby is also been living a lie and never really loved her.Jin has been pining for Sun woo's mom their whole married life. Wouldn't that be something for Jin's wife to be part of  Jin's downfall because she found out her dear hubby never loved her. and has a son by another woman to boot.!!. Blockbuster stuff I tell you. Great episode. .Sorry for the previous ranting post. I had my loved one hurt by violence and I had so much hate in me it took me years to come to grips with it. But forgiveness allows you to let go of the anger and heal.And as I said before not be yet another victim of the bad guy.*quoted image* I am off to watch the downloads of K2h and RTP. from the posts it looks like they were good too.

BTW: thanks dabdi for the pics and semi-fly for the link you are my hero !! *quoted image*

Wow Wow Wow I am stunned that all that happened so basically Sun-woo dad's death was all premeditated and covered up all because of greed?We already knew Soo-Mi was trash when she helped Jang II who slept with her and always treated her like garbage.No self-esteem she could learn some self-respect from Ji-Won who had it just as bad as her but strived to overcome and didn't let her past shape her in the future.I really only care about sun-woo revenge and his love for Ji-Won because that will be the only thing that saves him from going crazy.Also I am surprised at the fact that you think Jin cares if his wife finds out he never loved her? He is all about his money and ambition hence when Sun-woo mom left him and he framed his best friend all because she passed the baby off as his.What a pathetic man I so hope Sun-woo plays chess with all of them and has them checkmate each other with the guilt and tricks he can do to bring them down. They are despicable. And hugs I know how you feel but I never like to say out loud my angry feelings against criminals because I feel I can wish things up and I don't want bad karma.Bless you and your loved one. Also RTP and K2H were so good. I honestly am going to be dying at work tomorrow waiting to come home to watch all three shows. The cliffhangers are going to drive me crazy too for next week. IS the extension confirmed or is it still a rumor?

Guest ce_ja

hello! is there a YT link for the raw episode 15 just like in the K2H. I just want to see the episode 15 even if there's no english subtitles yet. thanks.

kayana, I agree Jin doesn't care but a jealous vindictive privileged arrogant  woman  like her is something to be feared.It broke my heart to see Sun Woo crying on his knees with Ji won holding him in her arms (after soo Mi's dad spilled the beans) Ji won as we suspected will be so good for him. it seems Sun Woo finally cried out  all  that pain he had been holding on to for so many years.I was glad to see it. Now he can move on with his revenge and come out the other side whole, not broken.It is On and popping now I can't wait .this drama does not disappoint. As for the premeditation of Sun woo's dad's death I don't think it was. Jin almost killed(choked) Sun woo's dad in a fit of rage. But it  only made him go unconscious. Then Jin  told Jang II dad  to bury him and he would sponsor his Jang II. What happened  next   Sun woo 's dad woke up and begged for his life. Jang II 's dad let him beg and strung him up anyway while Soo Mi's drunk father watched from the bushes closing his ears to Sun woo's dad's pleas.Now all of this started because of Jin stupid unrealistic jealousy. He really"loved " Sun woo's mom but because Jin was so suspicious of everyone and did not have the ability to trust or for that matter really love he thought Sun woo's mom had cheated on him (which she absolutely  did not) So out of feelings of  bitter betrayal Jin along with Sun woo's dad set up the guy who sponsored Sun woo later( helped him become rich out of unrequited love for Sun Woo's mom).  But I think there are more secrets of wrong doing in Jin's past but when all of this comes out Jang Ii career will be in the tubes. Even if the truth doesn't come out(about what role  Jang and his father played) the fallout of being sponsored by Jin will hurt his career severely. Maybe after Jang II is a shunned person  psycho 1 and psycho 2 will get together and have little psychos lol This story is totally about Greed for love, greed for power, greed for pride(recognition) 

finally something happens according to the written preview for tomorrow

Jin orders Jiwon to be kidnapped to force Sunwoo out

I wish he will face her it is time for someone to spit in his face

Guest kayana20

kayana, I agree Jin doesn't care but a jealous vindictive privileged arrogant  woman  like her is something to be feared.It broke my heart to see Sun Woo crying on his knees with Ji won holding him in her arms (after soo Mi's dad spilled the beans) Ji won as we suspected will be so good for him. it seems Sun Woo finally cried out  all  that pain he had been holding on to for so many years.I was glad to see it. Now he can move on with his revenge and come out the other side whole, not broken.It is On and popping now I can't wait .this drama does not disappoint.

I cannot stand that whole family so vain and self-centered and full of themselves. It disgusts me that Soo-Mi envies people like that. I hate people who worship glass houses. When they made that promise in Ep 14 to always be by each other side and she read that letter I knew she would not leave his side once. I think she is one of the factors which will bring Jang II to his knee's if he realizes she knows what he did to Sun-Woo and his dad to Sun-Woo father. I am dying for that confrontation and her look of disgust and his disbelief that she knows so much.To me Ji-won was Sun-Woo will to live after he discovered he really was blind. He stopped giving up and started functioning again.When he had to live I think it's because he had nothing to offer her at that time and too much at stake to correct what happened to him and his father.I am going to cry when i see when he finds out the truth about Soo-Mi. Do you know I am starting to hate her more than Jang II. I think he is already moving onto the otherside because of Ji-Won and her insightful words. All we have to do is finsh the revenge so they can start their future together and restore the honor of his father's memory. Jin is going to find out how it feels to be bested by his own son.It's been on an popping for me since he came back in the picture. He is so good at manipulating them. Why Ji-Won he should have kidnapped his old business partner. Jin knows what it is to love someone but while he sacrificed his love for greed and power. Sun-woo will destroy anyone who takes what he loves from him.Is it Thursday yet?

finally something happens according to the written preview for tomorrow

Jin orders Jiwon to be kidnapped to force Sunwoo out

I wish he will face her it is time for someone to spit in his face

This is the 2nd time I have read something from you and you have made me laugh.I am dying reading this. Sigh Jin is really stupid! Sun-woo already has his hand out he just is doing it carefully while Jin is blinded by rage and trying to stay in control. It's a dumb move on his part to kidnap Ji-Won because we all know it won't be easy in the first place since she always is with Sun-Woo now and she hates him as is. Why do I get the feeling she will learn about Sun-Woo mom past with Jin and connect the dots that is his father? It won't break them up by I think when Sun-woo finds out his own father had his surrogate father killed he is going to really lose it.I hope she spits bigtime in his face and goes off in her fiery way.

Guest kayana20

WHAT. !! that is the very reason sun woo kept his distance from Ji won because he did not want her threatened. 

How did he find out about her though? Did someone tell him or was he following Sun-Woo?

I think that she told him about what Jin did to her father by the fire I looked through the news articles for this conversation but could not find it...

f9198618367adab4bcfc36e.jpg

3b292df5e0fe99253d1244f.jpg

and u know who should Sunwoo go after ... the most annoying father of all time...Jang II cowardly trembling stuttering dad .. he is a failed mercenary dog..a burden to his son and has the silliest hair style as well I say go find a rope and hang yourself

6f061d950a7b02081850b55.jpg

cb8065380cd79123c581b9d.jpg

I think that she told him about what Jin did to her father by the fire I looked through the news articles for this conversation but could not find it...

f9198618367adab4bcfc36e.jpg

3b292df5e0fe99253d1244f.jpg

and u know who should Sunwoo go after ... the most annoying father of all time...Jang II cowardly trembling stuttering dad .. he is a failed mercenary dog..a burden to his son and has the silliest hair style as well I say go find a rope and hang yourself

6f061d950a7b02081850b55.jpg

cb8065380cd79123c581b9d.jpg

Guest kayana20

The fact that Sun-Woo could even be in the same room with all 3 of them speaks volumes.Basically Ji-Won is just a pawn to get to Sun-Woo but not realizing this will just make him want to get revenge on him more.

Guest jordi

Full Ratings

AGB Nielsen Korea

15th episode:

Nationwide: 14,6% (+0,7%)

Seoul: 16,0% (+1,1%)

TNS Media Korea

15th episode:

Nationwide: 12,5% (-0,6%)

Seoul: 15,5% (+1,0%)

King 2Hearts - ratings AGB: 11,1% (Nationwide) / 12,5% (Seoul) ratings TNS: 11,2% (Nationwide) / 13,3% (Seoul)

Rooftop Prince - ratings AGB: 11,6% (Nationwide) / 13,0% (Seoul) ratings TNS: 11,4% (Nationwide) / 13,2% (Seoul)

Archived