[Drama 2012] The Equator Man 적도의 남자

Admin

Guest neeras

Hi Everyone,

The Equator Man Episode 13 and 14 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

theEquatorMan.jpg

The Equator Man Episode 13-14 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4316-the-equator-man-2012/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about

FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest belwes

I will tell you something kayana I don't pity Jang II or crazy as*ed Soo Mi. What kind of friend are you to let your childhood friend suffer so you can try to snag a man.for me she is lower than Jang II because she did not once but several times. Shame on her and even seduced her father to lie. What a skank!!  Jang II I can somewhat understand he loved his father and understood his father made a terrible sacrifice for him.But for anyone to take from another to gain something is wrong(unless it is mutually beneficial to both)But Soo Mi hung Sun Woo out to dry she can kick rocks I would not waste a moments pity on her to be sure

I changed my mind after rethinking and reading what you wrote.Yes no pity these 2 are selfish and should learn the lesson well for what they have done. They let someone become blind and keep adding to the lies. Only soon it will destroy them.

Must agree shedevill77,Soo Mi is definetly lower than Jang Il. Now she's even worse, initially I thought Soo Mi could have some redemption for confessing in what she saw BUT #$%^&^%, she decides to help cover it up but even worse shes adds even more lies about seeing Sun Woo's dad buying ropes.

Like WAT DA HECK!!! Soo Mi has reached the point of no return. Jang Il at least his reasons for covering up and hitting Sun Woo, albeit its still evil but that is his dad. What reasons does Soo Mi have except liking Jang ll. Can't wait for Sun Woo's revenge.

Guest ce_ja

hi! I've been watching this Kdrama since episode 1 and I'm loving it, I watched it because of Lee Jun Hyuk. I am really a big fan of him since I watched the City Hunter and he's doing great in every Kdrama that he did. 2 thumbs up to the cast for the #1 spot in ratings. The casts were really good in acting especially Uhm Tae Wong.

Where I can watch the NG scenes/the making of this drama (video) especially with Lee Jun Hyuk, can someone give the link please. I just love watching NG scenes :) thanks!

Guest kayana20

Must agree shedevill77,Soo Mi is definetly lower than Jang Il. Now she's even worse, initially I thought Soo Mi could have some redemption for confessing in what she saw BUT #$%^&^%, she decides to help cover it up but even worse shes adds even more lies about seeing Sun Woo's dad buying ropes.

Like WAT DA HECK!!! Soo Mi has reached the point of no return. Jang Il at least his reasons for covering up and hitting Sun Woo, albeit its still evil but that is his dad. What reasons does Soo Mi have except liking Jang ll. Can't wait for Sun Woo's revenge.

I think it's her jealousy too that both men love Ji-Won .How come she couldn't be the one they love? Is she not good enough? When she took the picture out and had it so Ji-Won could find it was clear she wanted a problem to happen from Sun-woo lying to Ji-won about the truth and also making JangII jealous and sad that Ji-won would never love him ever. Soo-Mi plan failed though because Ji-won has always been waiting for Sun-woo and she loves him so she just made it easier for them to reunite and stand against them now that they see how everyone is lying about his father 's death. I am super scared at what Sun-Woo will do next once he realizes the extent that Soo-Mi and her dad are involved. I also wouldn't count Ji-won out too because they both hate JIn and he is up to no good.When they find out that is his father wow the devastation.

hi! I've been watching this Kdrama since episode 1 and I'm loving it, I watched it because of Lee Jun Hyuk. I am really a big fan of him since I watched the City Hunter and he's doing great in every Kdrama that he did. 2 thumbs up to the cast for the #1 spot in ratings. The casts were really good in acting especially Uhm Tae Wong.

Where I can watch the NG scenes/the making of this drama (video) especially with Lee Jun Hyuk, can someone give the link please. I just love watching NG scenes :) thanks!

I liked him in City Hall too what a good actor. I might not like his character but he is such a good actor. I am so glad he is pitted against UTw who is the best. it shows how good they both are.

I started watching this drama, Uhm Taewoong is a very good actor... 

And comedian too. He just makes you cry, laugh, and be amazed at his talent.

Somi has bigger issues than just her infatuation with Jang II she has an inferiority complex because of her dad and all and Jang II has the same thing... she is jealous of JW not just because of Jang II but because of what JW represents even though she is poor now but she is still from a higher class ..and she is also jealous of the president daughter and that was obvious with the way she treats her and the fact that she wants to get the attention of her mother she just wants what others have and she did not have.. also notice her clothes style so extravagant might be another sign of this .. but I dont think she wants trouble between SW and JW actually she pushed them together .. she wants JW out of the way...also her feelings towards Jang II also comes from the fact that she thinks they are similar sharing the same fate or something

OMG, He is experiencing blind again. I hope everything will be all right in the end. I don't want him to be blind again. He deserve to be happy with Lee bo Young who loved him so dearly.

I hope the director will turned it to be happy ending.

Guest faradie

Compared to the 1st 10 episodes, the second part so far is less interesting. It's typical of many korean dramas which start out great but lags at the end. Don't suit the story to the no of episodes otherwise the final product is spoiled

TANGO27, thank you very much. You made me cry a little for such a wonderful contribution you gave after reading it. I am not Korean so I am relying on the website which upload Korean drama series with Eng Sub. So I read your summaries over and over again.

Guest keitachan

@kayana20 and shedevil77 - I am all for forgiveness. In fact people are always telling me I am too forgiving. No one has tried to kill me but a scumbag I used to know did commit a crime and set me up for it. Fortunately I managed to prove my innocence. I forgave them and left it at that. That one act came back to bite me in the butt over and over again as I was always having to explain myself on background checks and such. Then I found out that afterwards he did the same thing to someone else who was not as lucky as I was. After that I realized my mistake. If I had not cavalierly forgiven that person then I would not be stuck explaining my past and the other victim would not have had their life ruined. I realized I had been a fool who had just moved on with my life.

Frankly if I saw that scumbag again I would probably run him over.

From that experience I learned that just because you forgive someone does not mean they should not take responsibility for their actions. I know I should forgive others for myself ( my emotional health etc) and I should make sure they pay for their actions for the well-being of others. Truly people tend to learn from painful experiences. I truly believe it is an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth and a life for a life. That was a strong belief where I grew up and I was always against that stance but after living for 20 years feeling bad for that person who wrongfully ended up in jail and feeling bad for his family, is wife died from the stress and his kids went into foster care and ended up in some really awful situations, I now strongly advocate revenge. If I had taken that stance then the scumbag I forgave would have probably not framed the other guy and ruined his life and that of his kids.

People tend to think revenge is wrong but that is not true. Revenge has many forms - bringing a criminal to justice is revenge as well. Someone saying they are sorry because they got caught and asking for forgiveness and getting it is not OK. They have to know in their bones that their actions have consequences. That is why I find most revenge drama disappointing. A life for a life does not mean you have to kill the other person but you can certainly make it so they never forget what is waiting for them if they do evil again. Although - I do advocate Chinese water torture as a way for them to repent - lol.

Guest ce_ja

thanks for the pic Tango27, wow! Lee Jun Hyuk is so sexy in this pic. In every Kdrama that he has, his body is getting sexier, from the Three Brothers to City Hunter. Sorry, just a big fan of Lee Jun Hyuk here. :)

do you know where I can watch some NG scenes/the making of the Equator Man, with Lee Jun Hyuk. Thanks

Guest keitachan

he does feel bad but he has this way of walking away from actions and pretending nothing happened he uses a lot of self deception I think he liked to think that what he did was behind him and he was trying to be a straight prosecutor the kind he wanted to be ( I WANT TO HELP PPL ) also he liked to be a hero maybe he was envious of the teen Sunwoo as well but now under pressure from Jin he had to give up his dream of being a good prosecutor.. he is corrupt now I think that was the meaning of his scream and now he has no way to go but down I still think they are showing him to be amoral but also a victim of circumstances

I do not think Jang Il feels bad about what he did to Sun Woo but rather he feels bad that he still has to deal with the issue. He moved on fairly quickly after he tried to kill Sun Woo. If he had truly felt regret about what he did then he would have made time and effort to really help Sun Woo when he was blind as a way to atone. And he is totally corrupt now and not just because of Jin. He has done other things not related to Jin in anyway.

As for Soo Mi - after watching ep 14 I find her even scarier. She told her father that Sun Woo is the only one who has never mistreated her in her life yet he is the one she has wronged the most. I am sure she lied about his father because she has something really bad prepared for Jang Il but that is because of how he treated her this last time around and for no other reason. Certainly not for Sun Woo to get justice.

She and Jang Il just keep getting more despicable.

I was cracking up and ticked off at the same time when Jang Il's dad was wondering why Sun Woo was continuing to pursue justice for his father and bothering Jang Il in the process. He did not seem to really care that he had murdered Sun Woo's father and that Jang Il had tried to kill Sun Woo. These are the kind of people that commit crimes and then feel regret when caught. Only it is not regret for committing the crime but rather regret for getting caught.

As for the big kiss - I was like - "What? That's it? That's what Korean viewers are freaking out about?". I really did not find it passionate nor hot nor anything.

@kayana20 and shedevil77 -  I am all for forgiveness.  In fact people are always telling me I am too forgiving. No one has tried to kill me but a scumbag I used to know did commit a crime and set me up for it.  Fortunately I managed to prove my innocence. I forgave them and left it at that. That one act came back to bite me in the butt over and over again as I was always having to explain myself on background checks and such.  Then I found out that afterwards he did the same thing to someone else who was not as lucky as I was.  After that I realized my mistake. If I had not cavalierly forgiven that person then I would not be stuck explaining my past and the other victim would not have had their life ruined. I realized I had been a fool who had just moved on with my life.

Frankly if I saw that scumbag again I would probably run him over.

From that experience I learned that just because you forgive someone does not mean they should not take responsibility for their actions.  I know I should forgive others for myself ( my emotional health etc) and I should make sure they pay for their actions for the well-being of others.  Truly people tend to learn from painful experiences.   I truly believe it is an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth and a life for a life. That was a strong belief where I grew up and I was always against that stance but after living for 20 years feeling bad for that person who wrongfully ended up in jail and feeling bad for his family, is wife died from the stress and his kids went into foster care and ended up in some really awful situations, I now strongly advocate revenge.  If I had taken that stance then the scumbag I forgave would have probably not framed the other guy and ruined his life and that of his kids.

People tend to think revenge is wrong but that is not true. Revenge has many forms - bringing a criminal to justice is revenge as well. Someone saying they are sorry because they got caught and asking for forgiveness and getting it is not OK.  They have to know in their bones that their actions have consequences.  That is why I find most revenge drama disappointing.  A life for a life does not mean you have to kill the other person but you can certainly make it so they never forget what is waiting for them if they do evil again.  Although - I do advocate Chinese water torture as a way for them to repent - lol.

96dda144ad3459825956532.jpg

a08b87d6277f9e2f93edabb.jpg

eac4b74543a98226a25a8c8.jpg

b219ebc4b74543a9ee805d6.jpg

The Equator Man Episode 14 Summary credit @ kdramachoa.com

eq14001.jpg

Ji Won refused to hear anything anymore from Seon Woo. This is a very normal reaction in my opinion. She just left without anymore words. And when Seon Woo was going to catch her, she already got into the taxi.

Meanwhile Mr.Choi had a nightmare. He’s lying during the testimony and then Mr.Kim suddenly came approach him asking him for the last help. Soo Mi told him to just come to the DA office and told them that he really did see Mr.Kim’s spirit.

eq14002.jpg

Jang Il tried to assure his father that everything would be. People wouldn’t know that he’s Jang Il’s father. Jang Il told him the scenario he had to tell the prosecutors. All he needed to say was he didn’t see anyone coming that day because he was busy working.

eq14003.jpg

Ji Won didn’t come to work. Seon Woo understood her situation and gave her some time. He text her to come to the blind center and asked for an audio story about Salmon Story. The story was pretty much told about how much Seon Woo missed Ji Won.

eq14004.jpg

Mr.Choi finally came down to the DA office. Choi Yoon Seok asked why he cared so much for Seon Woo that he even came to the hospital every day when Seon Woo was unconscious. Mr.Choi said that he felt sorry for Seon Woo. Yoon Seok also asked him about his initiative to hold the ritual after Mr.Kim died. Mr.Choi said he didn’t believe that Mr.Kim would kill himself like that on the day of his son’s birthday.

Seon Woo was having conversation with Mr.Moon when Mr.Jin made a sudden visit to Seon Woo’s office. Mr.Moon went hiding into one of the rooms. Mr.Jin’s point of coming was to tell Seon Woo to stop his petition, but these two people talk in a very high political way so they both still acted very polite to each other. When Mr.Jin was about to go, he noticed a reading glasses. He sensed there’s Mr.Moon somewhere in the office. But Seon Woo said the glasses is his because he got a bad eyesight since the accident.

eq14006.jpg

Jang Il informed Mr.Jin about his men coming down Mr.Jin’s house in disguise as reporters. Mr.Jin had all his family put on an acting to support him.

Ji Won paid her debt money to Jang Il. For Jang Il it’s a clear sign that they would never be more than friends and Ji Won confirmed it by saying that “we’re only college friends.” Jang Il said it must be because of Seon Woo and that guy was so lucky to get her deep love.

eq14008.jpg

Ji Won was at the blind center recording a story when Seon Woo suddenly appeared in front of her. Seon Woo asked her to listen to his explanation. He said Ji Won was the main reason he done surgeries to get his eyesight back and decided to come back to Korea, but he had another matter to solve. He had been having a big burden in his recent life that made him delayed his plan to confess to her. Seon Woo showed her the petition and shared Ji Won his story from the beginning, the moment when his father was found dead 15 years ago.

“I was going to tell you when it’s over and asked for your forgiveness the rest of my life. I didn’t want you to see me come back as a person with so much vengeance in his heart.” Ji Won asked what if she would never forgive him. “I will wait for your forgiveness all my life,” said Seon Woo. Ji Won was going to leave, but Seon Woo stopped her saying, “I won’t lose you anymore. From now I on, i’ll be the one waiting.” Ji Won just left.

eq14009.jpg

Ji Won tried to think about this matter with a clear mind. She finally realized that it wasn’t only her who had been in pain and had gone through a hard life after their separation. She recalled her memories with Seon Woo and made up her mind. The next day she prepared the box and put on her old scarf again.

eq14010.jpg

She left the box on Seon Woo’s desk. Seon Woo found it later, thought that Ji Won was leaving him. But when he checked Ji Won’s desk, he found a note telling him to go to the park they used to go when he was still blind. So it was Ji Won’s way of giving her forgiveness and take Seon Woo back. Seon Woo embraced her tight and said it felt so much like the old days. Ji Won said, “Whether you were blind or now you can see, I’m just very happy to have you by my side.”

eq14011.jpg

And then they kiss. Passionate kiss. Adult kiss! In comparison with Seung Gi’s kiss to Ha Ji Won or Yoo Chun’s kiss to Han Ji Min, Tae Woong and Lee Bo Yong’s kiss was like a show off to them, “hey kids, this is how adults make out!”

eq14012.jpg

eq14013.jpg

Back to the office Ji Won and Seon Woo opened the box together. She asked Seon Woo to read the brailles book and Seon Woo still pretended it was an old novel. Ji Won said she had found out the truth about the book. Then she gave him the letter, addressed for him, she found in his house after he left. Seon Woo was surprised reading the short note. Ji Won also read it.

eq14014.jpg

Seon Woo discussed the letter with his friend and Mr.Moon. They thought it must be someone who was relatively close to Seon Woo, considering he knew Seon Woo’s address in Seoul that time. Then Seon Woo recalled his memory of Mr.Choi offered him to hold a ritual after his father’s death. Seon Woo decided to summon Mr.Choi to his office. He pretended that he would send Mr.Choi a box of nice fruit and asked him to write down his address. They’re going to check if his writing match the writing in the letter.

Jang Il looked more tense when Soo Mi came down the DA office for her testimonial. He even imagined Soo Mi would gave him no mercy by saying out loud that the prosecutors should also checked the person behind Seon Woo’s accident and that person was none other than Lee Jang Il, the prosecutor. But it was just Jang Il’s imagination.

eq14016.jpg

But the reality was quite surprising. Just like Seon Woo had sensed, Soo Mi seemed to be standing on Jang Il’s side in this matter. Soo Mi told Choi Yoon Seok that she had a secret she never told Seon Woo and had been in a deep regret ever since. She said the day before Mr.Kim was dead, she met him in front of the convenience store in a strange condition and held a rope. She remembered asked him if he’s sick. Mr.Kim just said that nothing good in life that he should continue to hold anymore. Soo Mi even showed Choi her drawing of the bad mood Mr.Kim that day. The date in the drawing confirmed her story.

eq14017.jpg

Jang Il was so surprise that Soo Mi did the reverse thing she had been threatening him. When Soo Mi was about to leave the DA office, Jang Il ran to catch up with her, but stop at a distance. Soo Mi noticed Jang Il and she turned around. The look in Jang Il’s eyes express a mixture feelings of confuse, surprise and probably gratitude.

I’m not sure why Soo Mi finally did this. She was supposed to help Seon Woo, but is her love for Jang Il that much? Or it’s just one of her plans to make Jang Il’s life in hell? Or probably what she told the prosecutor was simply the truth, because if we recall to Mr.Kim’s condition that time, he was pretty much like a mess and frustrated after hearing about his worsen cancer. And Seon Woo kind of knew that there’s something going on between Jang Il and Soo Mi, so he could sense it that Soo Mi might go to Jang Il’s side in this petition matter.

eq14018.jpg

Seon Woo came down to Jang Il’s office. Jang Il told him that his petition towards Mr.Jin would like to result just the same as it was 15 years ago: Mr.Kim’s death was just a suicide. Seon Woo said that’s exactly the reason why he came to his office, that his father’s killer probably wasn’t Mr.Jin.

“Jang Il, was my father killed by your father?”

eq14019.jpg

The Equator Man - Seon Woo x Ji Won

The Equator Man MV~Oɴᴇ Sᴇɴᴛᴇɴᴄᴇ

the equator man/ jung il.sumi | light

503d269759ee3d6dd9fc1a7.jpg

999999999w.jpg

thanks for the pic Tango27, wow! Lee Jun Hyuk is so sexy in this pic. In every Kdrama that he has, his body is getting sexier, from the Three Brothers to City Hunter. Sorry, just a big fan of Lee Jun Hyuk here. :)

do you know where I can watch some NG scenes/the making of the Equator Man, with Lee Jun Hyuk. Thanks

have not seen any NG so far but I saw a lot of making off I will see what I can find 4 you

tumblrm3ixdpeopx1r7g4kg.png

tumblrm2jjr6wmix1qcnu9i.gif

smooth skin

Guest AceFondu

You guys know what i noticed? That this drama actually makes the scene like 3x longer than it should... It's basically takes like 10 minutes for 1 scene to finish up.. LOL Im not kidding.. It has that rotating camera angles and stuff to make it look dramatic then they stare at eachothers face for a while.

Despite all of that... This drama is still one of the best :D

Guest dabdi

Written preview ep15?

용배가 경필을 죽인 범인이 아니냐는 선우의 말에 애써 두려움을 감춘 장일.

협박편지 사본에 잡아떼던 광춘은 여전히 장일에게 미련을 두고 있는 수미를 막기 위해 진술을 약속한다.

한편, 선우는 노식에게도 협박편지를 보여주고,

일말의 동요도 없는 노식에게 가장 소중한 것을 뺏어버리겠다 공언하는데..

4-zokni.jpg

:D

TANGO27, Hi.. good morning. Before heading to my work, I'm reading your very detailed summary. I can't help but to smile and eventually laugh on this comment of yours.

You really make my day Tango27. .

And then they kiss. Passionate kiss. Adult kiss! In comparison with Seung Gi’s kiss to Ha Ji Won or Yoo Chun’s kiss to Han Ji Min, Tae Woong and Lee Bo Yong’s kiss was like a show off to them, “hey kids, this is how adults make out!”

Thanks.

Archived