[Drama 2011-12] TV Novel Dear My Sister/Bokhee Noona TV소설 복희 누나

creidesca

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just watched up to episode 60 on kbsworld today. not sure what the subs say on kbsworld shown on other parts of the world but today, it was mentioned again that Yeongpyo's grandfather worked as a butler in the Song family and his father kind of grew up together with GJ's dad and later worked for the family too. so nothing whatsoever about him having rich parents etc. throughout the drama, the subs consistently mentioned he's not of level with GJ and that he's only a servant's son although President Song has told YP that he thought of him fondly as part of the family no matter what YP might have thought of him. and the orphaned YP was breastfed by YJ's mom as a child after he was orphaned so to President Song, he thought of YP as sibling to his children.

i think i can safely say this drama is one of the best morning drama's i've ever watched on kbsworld since we have reached 60? most of the other dramas usually started off pretty good and then went kind of wacko somewhere in the middle till the end. i love Bok Hee's interaction with the money lender ahjussi ... their repartee usually left me chuckling with BH trying to quiz him on his interest in her & emphasizing time and time again he's really not her type to the extent of insulting him to his face what she really thought of him and his past. hahahaha. i think the ahjussi is obviously very intrigued by her ... but still inscrutable to me what his interest in her really is. we still don't know of his marital background since he's not indulging in BH's question thus far. he could be playing with BH because she amuses him but then again i can see him being interested in her since i doubt any other woman has ever stood up to him like BH.

while i kind of don't like Min Soo's mom earlier because she kind of tried to stir troubles for BH's mom in the family ... i'm kind of warming up to her ... i find her husband kind of exasperating too and her love for younger brother is kind of touching.

love what BH told YP which he then repeated to GJ about what BH thought love is (not mentioning that it was BH who said that of course). that if you love someone then thoughts of that person should make you happy but perhaps it's an obsession if anything to do with that person brings you nothing but pain & unhappiness and that's exactly what GJ bring to him. BH told YP how she's happy even if just indulging in her one sided love for Joon Mo without him ever knowing because she's just happy he exists. i have to agree that GJ doesn't seem exactly happy around YP since both of them just torment each other whenever they deigned to speak to each other.

i wonder if moneylender ahjussi is going to look for BH's brother for her since he has the means to do it.

so what we know is BH's ideal man is JM and i totally can see why one would crush on him. but going by what BH say then YP should be in love with BH since she's the only one who seems to bring out his smile and he actually seems miserable most of the time

I,m so glad you came back to give us some insights of the story. I agree YP should fall in love with BH.

spoiler for EP 72

Though EP 72 is Tuesday's episode, from the preview at end of EP 71, it looks like in EP 72 more years will be passing us by as Youngpyo is now well-established, hairstyles of the characters have change, Jeomnye or Mija has a kid that must be 2-4 years of age! Geumju likely married the Japanese-Korean guy and her hair is now much shorter.

I want to know what was said in Ep 70, what was the bride groom saying to Geumju?  It sounded as though he was asking if she really wanted a way out of the marriage...

Jeomnye couldn't have children, so the kid must be Mija's. 

Geumju is a character you just want to smack, she is so self-involved and arrogant, never thinking about how her words or actions affect others.  

There are often unlikable characters in KDramas, this one has so many: Eunju, Geumju, Jeomnye, Mija, that nasty mother-in-law/grandmother; it would be like living in a snake pit.  Then the doctor's wife comes to visit and stir things up!  At Bokhui's shop the two ajumma's constant bickering makes my head hurt, I have to fast-forward through those scenes.  

Guest bokbok29

i only watch the drama because i am drawn to the Geumju/Youngpyo story line. The preview at the end of ep71 is just depressing seeing Geumju and Youngpyo not together a few years into the future. I feel sorry for Geumju, she fought for her feelings for Youngpyo, she's even willing to give up everything and run away with him. I am so disappointed with Geumju's father and stepmother disregarding Guemju's feelings. I have a feeling that the Grandma would have allowed Geumju and Youngpyo be together if she was just told, since the grandma is doing all these good deeds so Buddha would give her a great grandson. The winery is doing fine which is the grandmother's main concern.

But im still hopeful, from the preview When Youngpyo went back (maybe for the first time after leaving Geumju) Geumju is at their hometown, she should be in japan if the wedding push through right? Or she could be divorced but please don't let her be hateful, knowing her character she could be hating Youngpyo for leaving her.

Guest mahisuju

I'm in love with this drama! HEHE. At first, I dislike Geumju but it was sad when Youngpyo and her couldn't get together. BOO :( I wish Bokhee has some love story and not stuck with that money-lender ahjusshi~ ^^

<br />Finally Boknam is back that took quite a while. I don't get it when did JH became BH mentor? He hasn't done a thing for her. The money-lender guy was more her mentor by lending her money. And yes when is BH getting a love life. and wonder who that will be.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

who is JH? do you mean JM? if yes, then BH looked up to him as her mentor because she has lived a positive life due to what he told her about having a dream and pursuing that dream in life.

haha. the writer is sure playing it close to her chest about where BH's love interest lies. as of now we know she loves or think she loves JM because she looks up to him and really ... he's the sweetest guy imaginable. i was iffy about him & EY (the dead friend's wife) but they are so sweet together and his devotion to her makes it impossible for me to imagine him moving on to BH even if EY is no longer in the picture. but thus far EY seems to be on the road to recovery which i'm kind of relieved because it doesn't sound like JM will get over her ever.

they have BH bossing around money lender ahjussi while his men quake in fear and wipe away sweats after leaving the room after he reprimanded them. despite her constantly telling him he's not her type and how she think he looked sleazy no matter how he tried to act classy by indulging in drinking expensive pu-erh tea and growing orchirds or wearing expensive clothes ... and that he's sitll a gangster underneath all that etc to her, he was never angry at her and teased her into going out for meals with him before agreeing to all her demands. haha ... he's the only one BH ever squabble with ... isn't that the stuff that romance is made of?

anyway, i'm still enjoying the ride so far. i wonder if GJ & YP had expressed their feelings much earlier before the prospective bridegroom came into the picture would President Song have been more open to their relationnship? he would be a good candidate to take over running the winery and GJ's scandalous past should more than compensate his lowly status? it's not like there's anyone else he could leave the winery to ... although MJ & her fool of a husband seems to think he should be the next heir in line to take over.

Hi everyone,

Sharing some similar thoughts as exupery on this drama. :D I just recently picked up this drama and has been enjoying the story development of Bokhui, Junmo, Geumju and Yeongpyo. I was actually hoping Yeongpyo to have an interest in BH but I guess they are treating each other like best friends/dongsaeng. Even the people at work were questioning YP on their relationship status as they don’t really look like just-friends.

I know it’s very unlikely for Bokhui to develop a love-relationship with her new business partner aka money-lender ahjussi but they seemed to have the kind of business chemistry that brings out the soft side of him. Somehow, I like their scenes together and it’s so weird that he has to use “threaten-method” to date her for lunch. I think in Episode 70, Bokhui found out something about him not comfortable having meal alone or something like that – thus, she rushed back over to take up his offer for lunch. It may take some time before Bokhui hook up with Junmo (I think that’s how their relationship will turn out to be based on the storyline/opening cast introduction) since Eunjeong is still around?!?

Episode 63 on KBSW today is almost all about YP and GJ’s relationship being busted by her father which resulted in YP being asked to leave the winery. The farewell dinner between Dalbong and YP was truly a heartfelt scene with both men crying in each other’s arm. Like credeisca highlighted earlier, YP left without taking the money and insurance policy, even the business-suit that Byeongman bought for him recently was left behind. GO YP – leave this heavy-emotional-baggage behind and start a new life in Seoul.

Elsewhere in a lighter moment - Bokhee revealed to Junmo that he is her ideal man (I like how she’s so open about it) and her admittance was not planned but at a right timing which was related to JM wanting to meet her business partner. BH refused to let JM meet him since he once said that he will break JM’s legs if he sees him because her ideal man is a married man.

Humbly, he told her that there are many great men in the world and in response to his words, smiling to herself she said – “There are many great men in the world but I don’t know any of them. You are the greatest person I know – that’s why you can’t help that you are my ideal man”.

Minsu’s mom who couldn’t stand her chauvinistic hubby, Dr. Kim declared that she wants to divorce him. Yay….whether she is serious or not, I support her decision since it’s so difficult to live with such an arrogant hubby.

At the end of the scene, heartbroken Geumju found out that YP has left the winery – a devastated GJ questioned her father, “What have you done to YP?” :tears:

I like the hair-style transformation of each of the characters especially Yeongpyo (thanks semi-fly).

Appreciate creidesca for all the latest highlights of each of the episodes – it’s interesting to find out in advance the upcoming episodes. :)

i think more than chauvinistic ... MS's dad is the kind of person one get sick & tired of talking to because he constantly deride & snide about anything his wife shares with him. not the kind of hubby you want to be telling your troubles to ... because he just ridicules the situation and make you feel even worse instead of offering solution or making you feel comforted. i know people like that in real life ... so i totally get how MS's mom feel. hahaha

i totally agree that today's episode was kind of heartwrenching. i feel so sorry for president Song too ... when he confided to Dalbong that sending JP away feels like tearing his own limb from him because of how much he cared for and also relied on him. but i don't think he had any choice because the situation had gone too far ahead of him to do anything to stop the wedding without bringing shame to the family. and yes, the affection that Dalbong has towards JP is so touching too and today is indeed a :tears: episode. however, i've to say i'm still not warmed up to GJ. she's still a selfish & obnoxious brat who doesn't think about consequences of her action. poor JP but then again, i think it's good that he should start afresh in a place that doesn't bring him painful memories/obsessions. let's hope if they are going to start anew, that GJ would have matured somewhat and have a less spiteful tongue. will have to see if Mr Rhett Butler succeed in breaking the wild spirit he's so attracted to the first time he looked into GJ's eyes. -_-

Maybe she'll come back a widow? So far she's a no-show in EP 72-73.

Uh oh, will Boknam be working for the money-lending ahjussi (Hong Baek Gu)? I think Boknam is not using his real name at the moment, but the surname Hong, which piqued the ahjussi even more?

Guest bokbok29

Seems like the winery are having problems. I can't wait for YP and GJ return even BH return to the winery. Will YP or BH help the winery? Would GJ return rich, full of hate and destroy the winery? All three of them was chased away and suffered to preserve the winery's reputation.

i think more than chauvinistic ... MS's dad is the kind of person one get sick & tired of talking to because he constantly deride & snide about anything his wife shares with him. not the kind of hubby you want to be telling your troubles to ... because he just ridicules the situation and make you feel even worse instead of offering solution or making you feel comforted. i know people like that in real life ... so i totally get how MS's mom feel. hahaha

Very well said exupery – he continued with his barraging demand as the man-in-the-house on today’s episode!! Insuk finally walked out on him and left him fuming as he claimed he would divorce her….-save your pride Dr. Kim!!

Pretty Geumju (sounds like Princess in Chinese) is shooing everyone out of her room and refused to eat. She can't get rid off her sarcasm every time she opens her mouth. The MM couple (Mija and Malgu) is the happiest family member with YP gone – Malgu who doesn’t know the real reason why YP is gone tried his way to win BM’s heart with affirmation of his loyalty (not realizing the true reason why YP left). Aigoooo….Round 1 – failure attempt - he was asked to leave his office!

Love the lunch scene of Bokhui with two Presidents (Hong and Kim) – BH did not expect the money-lender ahjussi (MLA) is the actual host who has asked President Kim to arrange BH for lunch (since she rejected his previous lunch dates). It was interesting to hear both “bosses” felt that BH has been bewitching them and MLA even called BH a wily fox….hahahaha!!

It seems Geumju left the winery after finding out that her father is going to send her off to Japan earlier (before the wedding day).

Maybe she'll come back a widow? So far she's a no-show in EP 72-73.

Uh oh, will Boknam be working for the money-lending ahjussi (Hong Baek Gu)? I think Boknam is not using his real name at the moment, but the surname Hong, which piqued the ahjussi even more?

I like the pacing of this story despite not revealing the status of Boknam until the latest episode. It would be interesting to find out what happen to our Gemju as well as Boknam. Thanks again for sharing - err...I seem to be like stalking you...I guess our drama taste has grown alike. :D

Seems like the winery are having problems. I can't wait for YP and GJ return even BH return to the winery. Will YP or BH help the winery? Would GJ return rich, full of hate and destroy the winery? All three of them was chased away and suffered to preserve the winery's reputation.

I would want to find out how the winery manage without YP - BM has emphasized many times that he depended on YP to help him run the winery and has the intention to pass his role to him one day. So it was a painful decision to ask him to leave for the sake of his daughter whom he blamed Gemju for all this drama. Malgu is a hopeless BIL but at least he is useful as a driver. :D

Archived