[Drama 2011] Bachelor's Vegetable Store 총각네 야채가게

cherkell

Guest Love.B.

I agree! Why did it take 8 eps for these "underlings" to finally formally introduce themselves. But it wouldn't be a kdrama if it didn't have some completely illogical story plot....

I'm thinking "Spoiled Brat Porsche Boy" looks he will be the backup plan while our two main leads get things sorted out-which could take a while since we are only 8 eps in.  His mom cracks me up. I absolutely love her. The scene at the art gallery was fantastic. Lol.

Now onto the not so normal mom-The evil mom has some serious mental issues. Ahhh. I don't even want to scratch the surface on her-she's just really, really messed up. (And highly manipulative...) I think she is doing a really great job acting though, because I was crying watching her and Jin Shim in the theatre on Jin Shim's/ Ga On Mok's bday. (I think I just got the name wrong). 

Por

After watching the series thus far I don't really get the impression that Jin Shim is all that afraid of losing her "family" it appears to be solely the fear of "Crazy Mom" and her own irrational fears of losing her comfortable life. Now granted I'm not expecting "Crazy Mom" to forget about losing her child nor the memories she had with Ga On but I have to say that there are times that she lays on the "drama" rather strong in order to get/put Jin Shim in her place. Now the question I have is what would happen if everything came out? Would Jin Shin actually be a different person or would she continue being the hard working young women she has always been? From their interaction it doesn't appear as if Jin Shim sees "Crazy Mom" as anything other than a constant reminder that she's playing a role that ultimately she hates, though admittedly looking at Jin Shim and her "fathers" interaction there is at least some semblance to a normal, if not healthy, father-daughter relationship.

Fast forward to the end of episode 8 and the "big" reveal. First I would have to ask why it too so long for either one of them to ask "What's your name?" and second how the two will react once they know each others real/fake names? Some speculation is that she's avoid him for the very reason that "Crazy Mom" has been scaring her with but as we all know from watching Jin Shim wants/needs/misses Tae Yang and that the avoidance alone would be a great deal worse for her. At the same time I can't help but think that's exactly what needs to happen in order for the two to somehow get back their lost childhood and at the same time, regretfully so, allow for "Spoiled brat who misses his dear Porsche" to step in and be her "shoulder" until Jin Shim realizes that she can't stand being alone (i.e., emotionally).

Additionally, what bothers me about "Spoiled brat who misses his dear Porsche" is that he's basically reusing the same "gimmicks" on Jin Shim that he was using on Dan Bi when they were a couple. At this point in the series I still understand why a character like him is needed, he doesn't serve a particular purpose nor does he really add to the overall story. Sure he could be "bank" that Tae Yang gets a loan for his vegetable stand/store but beyond that he's hollow, lifeless, and an annoyance all around.

Both DramaFever and DramaCrazy have EP 8 up with English subs. *quoted image*

AHA! So when he overhears Danbi and the other girl talking at the party, he hears one of them say (talking about Ga-On) "She's the only daughter of Mok Young Group" so now he knows she's rich. And that's why he starts freaking out. *quoted image* Trying to convince himself that it doesn't matter. So cute the way he's arguing with himself in the hall. 

Another tearful scene was in the church. For who knows how many years, he's been going there and leaving the date on the back of those signs. On the front of the sign it said "Ga-On, I'll be here on the 15th of every month" or something like that. And then he writes the date on the back. *sob* 

I know. that brought tears to my eyes, too. So sweet that he has held on to his first love like that. So I'm wondering when the pager is going to come into play, as well as the church on the 15th...surely they will work those in the plot. If you ever watched Snow Queen with Hyun Bin it had a pager that came into play years later (which I found a little crazy, but it worked for that drama). 

P.S. That was cute when he was rationalizing with himself in the hallway once he knew she was rich. That line he said cracked me up...it was something like, "it's not like I'm in the such and such era"...   :)

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. that brought tears to my eyes, too. So sweet that he has held on to his first love like that. So I'm wondering when the pager is going to come into play, as well as the church on the 15th...surely they will work those in the plot. If you ever watched Snow Queen with Hyun Bin it had a pager that came into play years later (which I found a little crazy, but it worked for that drama). 

P.S. That was cute when he was rationalizing with himself in the hallway once he knew she was rich. That line he said cracked me up...it was something like, "it's not like I'm in the such and such era"...   :)

First Rule of Drama Scripting:  Whenever a character or physical item is introduced in the First Act, it will most definitely play a huge part in the Third Act.  And that pager is going to be the turning point in the Third Act.  biggrin.gif

Tae-yang said "it was not like they're in the Joseon Era or anything"... which made me spit out my coffee!!  Gotta give nice credit to the writers for the riff-back to WBDS!!

Glad to see that most everyone is enjoying this show -- I know there's gaping holes in the plot large enough to drive an 18-wheeler through, but it's been nice to just sit back and watch some mindless entertainment that doesn't make me need to run to an encyclopedia to confirm a reference (yeah, I'm looking at you, Tree With Deep Roots...).  And after watching for a month now, I am happy that Channel A decided to push the start time up to 8:50 PM KST -- with all the awesome dramas now airing on the Big Three at the originally-scheduled 9:50 PM time, this little show would have been not watched at all.  But I agree with the folks that said this run should have been capped at 20 episodes as Channel A had planned -- I predict a few episodes that are gonna drag big time in the next few weeks.

Hopefully my travel schedule won't screw up things too badly this week -- I return to Tokyo today (Wednesday) and will be able to watch and recap Episode 9 live.  Episode 10's airing occurs at the time I'm at Narita to return to the States, so I'm hoping to get there early enough and stake out a place at the United Red Carpet Room with their free wi-fi.

And speaking of gaping holes... I have updated the first page with the download links to the episodes and softsubs (where applicable).  When I finally do return home, I will go back and flesh out prior recaps with plot and screencaps and stuff.  It's just been impossible to set aside the time while I've been away.  Sorry.

Seeyas back here tomorrow!

First Rule of Drama Scripting:  Whenever a character or physical item is introduced in the First Act, it will most definitely play a huge part in the Third Act.  And that pager is going to be the turning point in the Third Act.  *quoted image*

Tae-yang said "it was not like they're in the Joseon Era or anything"... which made me spit out my coffee!!  Gotta give nice credit to the writers for the riff-back to WBDS!!

Glad to see that most everyone is enjoying this show -- I know there's gaping holes in the plot large enough to drive an 18-wheeler through, but it's been nice to just sit back and watch some mindless entertainment that doesn't make me need to run to an encyclopedia to confirm a reference (yeah, I'm looking at you, Tree With Deep Roots...).  And after watching for a month now, I am happy that Channel A decided to push the start time up to 8:50 PM KST -- with all the awesome dramas now airing on the Big Three at the originally-scheduled 9:50 PM time, this little show would have been not watched at all.  But I agree with the folks that said this run should have been capped at 20 episodes as Channel A had planned -- I predict a few episodes that are gonna drag big time in the next few weeks.

Hopefully my travel schedule won't screw up things too badly this week -- I return to Tokyo today (Wednesday) and will be able to watch and recap Episode 9 live.  Episode 10's airing occurs at the time I'm at Narita to return to the States, so I'm hoping to get there early enough and stake out a place at the United Red Carpet Room with their free wi-fi.

And speaking of gaping holes... I have updated the first page with the download links to the episodes and softsubs (where applicable).  When I finally do return home, I will go back and flesh out prior recaps with plot and screencaps and stuff.  It's just been impossible to set aside the time while I've been away.  Sorry.

Seeyas back here tomorrow!

Come back safe and sound! (And LOL to free wi-fi from United Airlines. laugh.gif ) I'm looking forward to your recaps again this week.   

I'm not sure I should be jealous (hee!), but here's a preview from Episode 9 -- OMO OMO OMO OMO OMO!!!!!!!!!!  Will we finally see some REAL KISSING from this Show (and some actual emotion from Changwook-ssi's co-star this time)? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!   wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

f75dbf36.jpg

EPISODE 9 RECAP, Part 1:

And here we are again at the end of Episode 8, where Ga-on has just told Tae-yang her name.  That look of shock on Tae-yang's face comes up again.

A black car pulls up in the background, as we see inside Fake Dad and Crazy Mom being chauffeured home by the Lackey.  Fake Dad looks over and see Tae-yang and Ga-on talking in the driveway, and asks Crazy Mom who the boy is.  Crazy Mom says he's just someone that Ga-on works with who lives in their neighborhood, and he replies that he'd like to go meet the young man (as he unbuckles his seat belt to get out of the car).  Fake Mom stops him and says to leave them be because she hasn't told anyone that Ga-on is her daughter... and they drive back home.

Tae-yang slowly regains his composure and says that it's weird she has the same name as a friend who he may have accidentally hurt when he was a child, and she had died  That friend even appears in his dreams every now and then, and he wants to ask for forgiveness, but he keeps running away.  The look on Ga-on's face slowly goes dark...

And when she asks, he happily gratefully finally tells Ga-on his name... Han Tae-yang.  His grandmother said that name would ensure he would be as bright as the sun (Tae-yang).  Han.  Tae  Yang.  Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn!

Ga-on returns home to Fake Dad and Crazy Mom meeting her in the entryway.  Ga-on is aimlessly wandering in with her work boots still on, and doesn't realize it until Fake Dad calls her on it.  She absentmindedly takes them off and hands them to Fake Dad, and walks upstairs to her room.  Crazy Mom is right behind her though, but misses Ga-on closing and locking the door to her bedroom by a nano-second.  As she pounds on her door yelling for entry, Ga-on goes into her fake room.  Crazy Mom yells at her to ask what she's doing still hanging around 'those people' from work.

Ga-on falls down and cries out in the dark that after all these years, she asks Tae-yang if that is really him... please answer her... is it really you, and sits there sobbing.  She cries out to Tae-yang why now... wae?  WAE?!?

It's the next day, and our hyungs are wandering the neighborhood trying to figure out what to do with the weird Chairman Woman.  Tae-yang is quite preoccupied with the events of the night before, and the boys try to cheer him up, Woo-bong especially thinking that he's worried about something he can especially help with (because he's a good listener, remember?).  Chan-sol then dances around Tae-yang and asks him if he's having 'girl trouble.'  Tae-yang gets all flustered and asks how Chan-sol knew that what was bothering him?  Tae-yang pulls them in close as if he's going to give them some secret... and crabs at them instead to stop acting like children and to go and win that apartment account!  Let's go!!  AJA AJA AJA!!  As he walks off, the hyungs all agree that Tae-yang is crazy...

They're back at the Bratty Kid's apartment again, as Tae-yang faces the boys and tells them (In English) to SMILE! (they all go SMILE!!) and they catch Snooty Mom and Bratty Kid leaving for an appointment.  Tae-yang tries to explain to the Snooty Mom why they want to acquire the veggie selling business at the complex.  When she continues to protest, Tae-yang asks her to apologize for calling them ruffians --  how it would be good for Snooty Mom's son if someone called him that someday.  She's not having any of it and says that if her son ever grew up to be a vegetable seller, she'll be too embarrassed and will have to leave Korea!  They push past Our Boys to get on the elevator to leave... but not before Bratty Kid sticks his tongue out at them.  (Have them both killed.  RIGHT NOW.)

Back at the 7-11, the three hyungs are hanging out, drinking milk this time (hee!) and conversing about why they can't get the ahjumma to sign off on the paperwork.  There's got to be a way that those three can help him out without Tae-yang knowing?  Then we see Tae-yang sitting on a concrete step outside the apartment complex with the contract in his hand showing the spot where the Snooty Mom needs to affix her stamp to make it all official.  Tae-yang pushes the pieces of paper together and gets up...

At Ga-on's home, she is dressed and tells Crazy Mom she's leaving for work, when she is called over for a chat.  Crazy Mom is upset that Ga-on lied to her mom and dad and all she can think about is going to work -- what was she doing with that boy again?  Ga-on lies again that she told Tae-yang to stop following her around, that she set him straight when Mom and Dad apparently saw them in the driveway talking.  Ga-on says that it will never happen again, as Crazy Mom reminds Ga-on of her edict earlier about not hanging around the other Market workers.  Then Ga-on flashes back to the time when Crazy Mom refused to let Jin-shim say goodbye to Tae-yang because of what happened with the original Ga-on, and tells her she will never meet Jin-shim ever again if she meets up with Tae-yang again.  She makes her excuses and leaves, but not before Crazy Mom thinks that it's weird Ga-on has never lied to her before...

Tae-yang is walking towards the apartment complex again, when he comes across Scruffy Guy rooting around in the bushes and rocks obviously looking for something.  Scruffy Guy sees him, as Tae-yang smiles and pulls out the Discman that Scruffy Guy left behind during their fight the day before.  Scruffy Guy runs up and grabs the Discman out of Tae-yang's hands and stares at him, with Tae-yang saying that he never did get the chance to thank him for his help the other night in fighting off the local yakuza.  Tae-yang starts walking away, but turns and thanks Scruffy Guy for his help in not getting the hyungs more beat up than they were.  As Scruffy Guy is walking away, Tae-yang tells him to be careful, and if he ever needs a warm place to sleep, to find him for one.  Scruffy Guy stops in his tracks and smiles, but walks on.

Back at Stately Crazy Manor, Crazy Mom is issuing orders to the Lackey to have "that boy" investigated -- pull up anything and everything you can find on him, and as we saw in the Episode 9 preview, she comments "whose neck do I have to wring to get rid of that boy from the Market?!?"  Lackey looks concerned, but doesn't question Crazy Mom's motives.

And we return for the gazillionth time to the apartment complex, where Snooty Mom is leaving her place.  Next thing we see is a single rose... and Chan-sol at the other end of its stem.   He goes into Total Ahjumma Suck-Up Mode and pleads with noona to help his hyung Tae-yang.  She's just standing there smiling like a loon, and when Chan-sol asks why she's being that way... to sign the contract 'passion' (LOL!), she suddently remembers who she is, gets all defensive and takes the rose from him and throws it to the ground.  (Continue killing her NOW!!) 

The next one to try him luck with Snooty Mom is Ho-jae, all dressed up in a suit and hair slicked back up like Elvis on his head (LOL LOL LOL!!!).  He is there with charts and graphs and business plans in an attempt to show Snooty Mom how tutoring her son would help in approving Tae-yang's business.  This time, she's more abrupt with her denial, grabs a spreadsheet out of Ho-jae's hands, crumples it and throws it at his feet before slamming the door in his face.  (DITTO!!)

Lastly, we have Woo-bong there at Snooty Mom's door with a trowel and bucket in his hand.  Looks like no pretenses on Woo-bong's part, as the only thing he knows how to do is take care of plants and he heard that Snooty Mom really likes flowers.  As she tries to pull the door shut on him, he manages to jam his arm in there while he continues to plead his case.  As he attempts to stammer out that they are Bachelors, Snooty Mom the upper hand, and she pushes him out of the way and slams the door on Woo-bong as he falls to the floor.  

Back at the Market, Goofy Guy #1 and Goofy Guy #2 and Ga-on are gearing up for another auction.  They start the bidding, as Tae-yang runs over and jumps up-and-down to get Ga-on attention.  She sees him waving and goes blank for a second or two... and looks down at the ground instead of looking at him.  Tae-yang looks dejected and confused.

Over at the Market Office, Tae-yang is waiting for Ga-on to get off her auction shift.  She sees him, but when he looks up to see her, she panics and starts walking in the other direction, with Tae-yang close behind.  With a light hand on her shoulder, Tae-yang manages to make her stop and apologizes for getting in her way by waiving to her when she was trying to work.  Tae-yang thinks that he scared her with the things he said the night before.  It's all Ga-on can keep to do from crying, as she turns to Tae-yang and says she can't talk and goes back to the Market Office.  Tae-yang is even more confused now.

An upset Tae-yang pulls out of the Market in his truck, as Seul-woo pulls up in his Hyundai and lays across the hood, thinking about the scene from the other night, when Tae-yang grabbed Ga-on by the wrist and dragged her out of the party.  He runs up the stairs to the Market Office, where he comes upon Ga-on sitting in the stairwell with tears in her eyes.  She flashes back to the last time that Tae-yang and Jin-shim had met before she left with Crazy Mom to become Ga-on -- Tae-yang saying she can leave now, but that he'll see Jin-shim at school tomorrow... and remember to put the battery in her pager!  Seul-woo just stands there in the stairwell watching her clutch her chest and cry.

We see the Fresh  on the street beside the apartment complex handing out flyers to advertise a presentation that they're going to give to the people who live at the complex.  Then we jump to Ga-on sitting at the bus stop, with Seul-woo pacing impatiently in front of her.  Ga-on stares out at the street, as a few buses whiz right past her.  Seul-woo tries a few tricks to get her attention, when finally he hits the side of the bus stop with his foot to make the metal siding ring around her.  She continues to stare out into space in silence, with Seul-woo trying to make polite conversation by basically complaining about her giving him the silent treatment.  Unfortunately for him, when the next bus arrives, Ga-on finally snaps out of it and hops on, leaving Seul-woo at the curb and him cursing the bus for pulling away.

Back at Seul-woo ConHugeCo Corporation, Seul-woo has brought a sushi lunch to his Mom.  As he goes to sit down, Imo pats his rear end and starts scolding him like a baby.  Seul-woo then complains that everyone treats him like an unemployed bum, especially the one girl he's interested in.  Imo perks up and asks him for sure if it's Ga-on?  Imo accuses him of doing anything to get his beloved Monster back in his life, but maybe Seul-woo looking at Ga-on more as a woman than an arch-enemy; if not, give up now.  And then she shoves a piece of yellowtail into his mouth.  (Hey wait... I thought he was a vegetarian.  Continuity!!)

Our Bachelor are out digging in a field, looking for something.  They pull out of the ground several tuberous roots with green shoots on top.  (AND IF THIS TURNS OUT TO BE GINSENG, I'M FLYING TO SEOUL AND WILL BEAT THE WRITERS TO A BLOODY PULP!!!)  Actually, it's burdock root.  Phew!  Chan-sol complains about all the hard work he's doing because he's an idol, and Ho-jae as usual waxes poetic about the roots they've pulled out of the ground.

After they all return to the gosiwon with two full baskets of the stuff, Tae-yang figures they need a kitchen to work on the roots.  He gets an idea, and when he pulls out his phone, we see there's a little aegyo picture of Tae-in on her contact card.  Woo-bong asks him if that's his girlfriend, but when Tae-yang spits back that it's his SISTER, then Woo-bong goes all mental and complains that Tae-yang didn't tell him such an important thing as having a beautiful sister!  Tae-yang asks Tae-in to borrow her kitchen, but when he finds out that she moved without telling him, they yell back and forth and she ends up hanging up on Tae-yang.  Ho-jae sits there and contemplates how strange the situation is, when Chan-sol says that it's obvious why Tae-in didn't tell her brother -- she must have moved in with her boyfriend.  Tae-yang and Woo-bong go WHAT?!?!  LIVING TOGETHER?!?

[Commercial Break #1]

We then see Tae-yang at the door of a fancy apartment with an envelope in his hand.  He rings the bell... and Tae-in answers (so he must be at Dan-bi's place).  Tae-in gets all jumpy and nervous wondering what Tae-yang is doing there, when he says that he's delivering the mail left at her old place (and wheedled Tae-in's new address out of her old roommate as well).  Tae-in will not invite him in, insisting that whatever needs to be said to her, say it in the hallway.  Tae-yang says nuh-uh, and wants to see where Tae-in has been living these days, and that he should say hello and ask them to take good care of her (hee!).

As all this is going on, the other three boys are watching from around the corner of the apartment, stacked on top of one another like The Three Stooges.  LOL LOL LOL!!  Woo-bong gets the hots seeing Tae-in for the first time, but take special note of the look on Ho-jae's face when he sees Dan-bi come out of her apartment into the hallway, even after Woo-bong slaps his face a few times to snap him out of his staring -- that boy be done lovestruck big time!!

Tae-yang slips past Tae-in's protesting form, and rings the doorbell yet again... when Dan-bi comes to the door and they stare at each other for a bit.  Tae-in asks if they know each other?  Dan-bi invites him in, as Tae-yang sits on her couch all uncomfortable and Tae-in is in the kitchen making tea for the three of them.  Then Dan-bi flashes back to when she dressed him (and his kind) down at Seul-woo's vegetarian party the other night.  Dan-bi offers up a semi-lame apology for her actions that night, as Tae-yang just wants to forget the whole thing; just be honest and stop dancing around saying she's sorry.  Tae-yang then gets a text from Tae-in from the next room and just shakes his head (basically telling him to not bust her in front of Dan-bi).  As Tae-in serves the tea, she makes darn sure that she steps on Tae-yang's foot at the same time to get her point across.

Tae-in asks Dan-bi how they know each other, when Dan-bi says she really doesn't, but Seul-woo does.  Tae-in ends up making excuses for Tae-yang to leave... but not before Tae-yang reminds her not to do anything to worry him while she stays at Dan-bi's place... as Dan-bi starts getting intrigued over this cute fellow who just happens to be Tae-in's brother...

See you in Part Two!!

EPISODE 9 RECAP, Part 2:

We're back at the Tosa Jung and Second Mom residence.  She's worried about him coming home so early, but the reason he did was to accompany her to the Symphony like she's apparently been pressuring him to do for so long.  And it's the anniversary of the day they moved in together.  We see them there in their seats, she's enjoying herself and he's falling asleep.  A few rows up, we see Crazy Mom and Fake Dad at the performance as well.  Fake Dad is enjoying himself, and Crazy Mom is the one to be falling asleep.  And a really bad out-of-tune version of "The Blue Danube" being played on stage.  Ouch.

As they get ready to leave, they see Crazy Mom and Fake Dad walking down the stairs.  Some people run over and bow to Fake Dad, when... uh oh... were Second Mom and Fake Dad the ones married (and divorced because she couldn't conceive an heir)?  Second Mom attempts to make a quick exit, but accidentally runs into another woman with a large coffee in her hand and it spills all over her.  As Second Mom bends over backwards to apologize, the woman starts yelling at her for spilling coffee into her fancy handbag.

As Second Mom attempts to wipe it off, Tosa grabs it out of her hands and throws it into the puddle of coffee, yelling at the lady the whole time.  Second Mom is embarrassed beyond belief, as Tosa continues his rant at the lady for her bad manners.  Fake Dad and Crazy Mom witness this whole incident, so as Tosa attempts to take his wife out of there, Fake Dad stops them and asks how she's doing... he's been looking for her for the longest time.  Second Mom looks like she wants to run and hide, but stands there as Crazy Mom insists they leave.  Tosa attempts to drag Second Mom out of there, but not before she finally stands up for herself, saying to Fake Dad to leave them alone and this is the man she married.  Returning home, Second Mom insists they just go to bed, but not beforeTosa grills Second Mom if she's sure she's put "that man" out of her life...

Back at The Crazy Hilton, Fake Dad is in the study having a large, stiff drink.  Crazy Mom enters and asks if he is really upset.  Crazy Mom starts dissing both his ex-wife and the 'old man she married,' and Fake Dad gets pissed off and tells her to stop.  She goes over and clings to him, as he apologizes.  Crazy Mom still twists the knife in asking why didn't they just live together out of friendship, when Fake Dad said it would have been worse -- living a lie like that is unforgivable in his eyes, but it's still a relief to see her well and living happily.  Fake Dad goes back to his drink, as Crazy Mom gets lost in her own crazy thoughts.

Seul-woo is working out in his namesake fitness center, where he asks Dan-bi about Tae-yang and Tae-in.  Dan-bi confirms that yes, Tae-in is truly Tae-yang's brother and that he asked to use their kitchen for some project he's cooking up.  Seul-woo gets up and tells her that they're going back to her house, when Dan-bi says to not do that to make Tae-yang uncomfortable.  He leaves in a snit anyway, as she follows behind.

Much root and tuber washing via montage at Dan-bi's kitchen, where they slice up the veggies and Ho-jae fries them up in a pan (getting his glasses steamy in the meantime).  Then Tae-yang takes the sauteed roots and purees them in a blender.  The Boys then take that paste and start filling small plastic cups with the mixture.  (A salve, perhaps?)  The doorbell rings, and Dan-bi and Seul-woo walk in... Seul-woo is still pissed off and calls out Tae-yang for a talk.  The boys hide behind the wall in the kitchen once they see Seul-woo, with Woo-bong bandishing a frying pan as a weapon.

Seul-woo leaves in a huff, as Tae-yang follows behind him (and Woo-bong offers up the frying pan for Tae-yang to take with him).  They talk in the lobby of the apartment building about Ga-on, when Seul-woo asks what happened after he pulled Ga-on out of the party.   Tae-yang says that if he's so curious, go ask Ga-on herself.  Dan-bi looks on by the elevators, and busts Seul-woo for trying to pump Tae-yang for information about Ga-on.  When Tae-yang returns to the apartment, Tae-in is in his face, demanding if possibly Seul-woo was asking about her.  Tae-yang says he doesn't have time for that, and walks into the kitchen, leaving Tae-in standing there quite annoyed.

[Commercial Break #2]

The Fresh Men have rented the Community Room at the apartment complex to put on a presentation for the residents to have them vote for their mobile veggie stand to operate in front of the complex.  A very pregnant Jung-ah is there doing her best to turn the assembled folks to their side, as the Boys pass out samples of their new... cream made from the stuff they dug out of the ground, which is apparently good for boils, rashes... and eczemas. (Plural?)  Cut to Dan-bi at her kitchen table, where Tae-yang has left one of the samples behind as a thank-you to Dan-bi for the opportunity to use her kitchen to develop their new product... and for taking good care of Tae-in.

Tae-yang goes into his spiel, with the ahjummas staring intently at him (hee!), when Snooty Mom (with two other Snooty Moms) walks into the assembly room and calls Tae-yang out for going behind her back.  Tae-yang says they're just there trying to promote their product, as the Snooty Mom attempts to derail the whole process.  They decide put it to a vote whether or not the boys can get their approvals from a quorum of the residents, which would override the veto the Snooty Mom has already placed upon the Fresh Men.

It's much later that evening, and Our Boys are resting on the steps outside waiting for the results.  Resident after resident walks past them, and then finally Jung-ah arrives.  She doesn't say much, as Tae-yang says that it's okay, you tried.  As Tae-yang sighs a deep Jung-ah breaks out into a big grin and tells them she was just fooling around -- Our Boys got the gig!!  SUCCESS!!  They're over the moon jumping around (Chan-sol making sure his sister doesn't jump around too much), and then we see them the next day with the truck and a tent in front of the building selling away as the Fresh Men Thrifty Market, with lots of customers and Woo-bong helping an elderly lady home with her purchases.  They do another sarahengeyo to the assembled crowd.

Goofy Guy #1 and Goofy Guy #2 are standing in the Market Office, watching the fluorsecent lights flicker back and forth, and order Ga-on (as their gofer) to go get replacement bulbs.  As she turns to leave, they then order her to put them in.  Seul-woo shows up at that moment, so they put him to work instead.  Goofy Guys tell him to go ahead, put the bulbs in... as they leave those two to "be alone."  ::snort::  Ga-on tells him she can do it, and Seul-woo protests loudly!   He first attempts to take out a live bulb, and burns his hand when he finds out its hot.  (richard simmons.)  Ga-on goes and turns out all the lights so he can take out the busted tube.  Finally, he's all done and tells Ga-on to turn the lights back on.  Seul-woo is standing there all full of himself, when suddenly the bulb shatters and Seul-woo grabs Ga-on in a bear hug to protect her from the shower of glass that hits him in the back.  As they slowly pull apart, she asks if he's okay.  He's got glass all over his back and as she tries to brush it off, he just stands there with a big goofy grin on his face watching her take care of him.

Tosa is looking over receipts as Tae-yang comes in to pay off a small portion the money he owes the Tosa from the mushroom fiasco, and tells him about his new vegetable selling venture at the Thrifty Market.  He thanks the Tosa, reminds him to stay healthy, and walks off to his truck.  Secretary Yang is there and they pass each other, with Yang flashing back to Crazy Mom telling him to get Tae-yang fired somehow from the Market.  Secretary Yang tells him that he is to relay a gift to him -- the delivery rights to the AK Market, which the Mok Yeong Group will facilitate for the Tosa.  Instead, Yang asks the Tosa for a favor instead...

Ga-on leaves the Market and sees Tae-yang's truck there.  She walks around to the front, to see (ta da!) the lunchbox that she made for him 11 years ago -- flashes back to the time she gave it to him -- and starts crying.  Tae-yang sees her and starts running towards her, but then morphs into Young Tae-yang running towards her instead.  When he finally morphs back into Present-Day Tae-yang, she turns and quickly walks away from the scene.  As Tae-yang stands there utterly confused again, he gets in his truck to leave, but drives slowly alongside her and rolls down the window.  When she doesn't respond, he drives on past.  Finally coming to her senses and not wanting to lose him again, she takes off running after the truck, as Tae-yang finally stops it and gets out to stare at her.

We see Ga-on and Tae-yang are on the back of his truck talking.  He is concerned that Ga-on didn't like him anymore now that he said the things he said about Young Ga-on earlier, and that's why she was avoiding him.  Tae-yang asks again for her confirmation that she is the only daughter of the Mok Yeong Group, to which she nods.  Tae-yang ventures that he thought he and Ga-on were a lot alike when they first met.  His head was filled with thoughts and figured he was less of a man for being the way he was.  Ga-on stops him and says she thought they were also a lot alike when they first met.  She kept smiling and had a light heart, which is not like her normal self at all... that Tae-yang had changed her.

Tae-yang asks Ga-on if she's hard a hard time of things being with him, to which she says no.  Tae-yang says that she can tell him anything she wants -- he's had a rough life, with no parents, no college education and nothing to his name, and there were many times he wanted to stop, but he didn't.  He just went ahead and put one foot in front of the other. So go ahead and cry... go ahead and cry for today and be better tomorrow.  But she needs to remember, he has all the qualifications to like her.

She is besides herself and is all teary in trying to sort out her feelings for Tae-yang without actually telling him her real identity... and she says to him that Tae-yang is just as she'd figured he'd be (and in a voiceover, thanks him for growing up into a fine young man), as Tae-yang looks back at her with a WTF look on his face.  She continues in voiceover, thanks for still being my sunshine... Han. Tae. Yang.

She looks over at Tae-yang, and with him looking back at her with tears in *his* eyes, she stares at his lips... and as she flashes back to the time in the playground with Young Tae-yang, when she wheeled around and kissed him in front of their classmates... Ga-on leans over to plant one right on his kisser!!

It's your typical chaste K-drama kiss that Ga-on initiates, and part of me went "aw crap, not again!!"  But Tae-yang just sits there with his eyes wide open, when he finally realizes "oh... there's a girl kissing me."  But Tae-yang decides "SCREW THAT," leans in and majorly kisses her back!!  FINALLY WE HAVE REAL KISSING, with mouths moving and everything!!!  Omo omo omo omo omo...

::dies::

Cause of Death: EXTREMELY ROMANTIC MOMENT!!!!

And there we end Episode 9.

PREVIEW:  Tae-yang running from house-to-house looking for something or someone.  Ga-in running through the Market, and Seul-woo having another one of his tantrums.  Tae-yang and Ga-on fighting in the back of the truck for turns in front of the space heater.  Tae-yang telling Ga-on that his hands will take care of her?

How can you *not* pass up these lips?!?  My eyes are leaking now... tears.giftears.giftears.gif

4735ddfb.jpg

Episode 9 Mini-Caps are in the can, chingus.  As previously reported, Channel A has ceased the free viewing of all its content off its website, and has initiated a VOD (video-on-demand) pay-for-replay model instead.  I've searched my other live-streaming portals, but none of them are carrying Channel A either.  So that means no more instantaneous recaps from my fingertips after an episode airs -- I'll need to wait for an upload now.  If anyone else knows of another venue where the Show can be watched live, please share.  A huge reward is waiting for you!!

On a side note, Channel A's Twitter feed blew up today with tons of complaints about their abrupt change in policy, so they took down their site for a few hours earlier.  Ha.  That's what you get when you mess up, dudes -- if it ain't broke, don't fix it!!

On another side note, if anyone reading this is roaming the Hongdae District around 2:00 PM on 20 January (Friday), be aware that the BVS actors will be shooting some live scenes there and passing out apples for samples!!  Hmm, lemme see if I can change my flight to take a detour through Seoul tomorrow.  Tempting, but... nah.  I wanna go home -- I'm craving an In-N-Out Burger soooo badly right now!!

So anyway, I've got to get packed up and ready to leave for Narita in about two hours.  If anything exciting pops up between now and 11:30 PM JST, I'll post it ASAP.  And how about one more teaser picture for the road?  This is what I mean when I refer to someone giving out a 'saranghaeyo' -- I WUB YOU TOO, BACHELOR BOYS!!!  wub.gif

9ceedda4.jpg

See youse back online as soon as Episode 10 hits my inbox!  Mata ne!

EPISODE 10 MINI-CAP, Part 1:

We return to the scene of the crime, erm... I mean, the scene of the kiss in the back of Tae-yang's truck, with Ga-on's voiceover alternatively apologizing for deceiving him for staying by his side a bit longer, to the detriment of him hating her later, and thanking him for growing up to be such a fine young man... her sunshine... Han.  Tae.  Yang... spoiling the whole moment.  (I would have much rather heard their Theme Music again.  Hmpf.)  Ga-on is then back in her secret room, caressing the picture of her as Jin-shim and Tae-yang at their middle school graduation.  She keeps tells him she's sorry, but the Jin-shim you knew back then no longer exists.

Our Boys are back loading up the truck for the day's sales.  Woo-bong asks Tae-yang what makes him so happy these days, when Tae-yang tells his hyungs that the sun is shining and it's a great day to be alive. They all go back inside the Market, as Tae-yang sidles up to one of the persimmon ahjummas he danced with on the back of the forklift, clad only in his boxers and boots.  (Sorry... I'm having my own flashback here...)  Tae-yang starts sweet-talking the ahjumma for her to sell her crop to him today, when she reports back that she has received orders to not sell to him anymore; in fact, every vendor at the Market is under the same orders not to sell their produce to him anymore.  A huge WHAT? out of Tae-yang...

... and he runs into the Tosa's office to find out why he issued such orders.  The Tosa says that yeah, he did that very thing and even wants to confiscate the truck that Tae-yang "borrowed" and is using for his mobile business.  Tae-yang flat-out refuses and demands an explanation, which the Tosa refuses to do and can't tell him why, and threatens to have him arrested for possessing stolen property.  Tae-yang says that he's not afraid of him and refuses to return the truck, when the Tosa threatens his hyungs into being arrested as well, Tae-yang is visibly pissed off and balls up his hand into a fist.

The next scene we see the hyungs dismantling the truck to return it to the Tosa.  They aren't real happy either, especially Chan-sol, who complains that if the business fails, they're out of luck as well.  Ho-jae tells him to shut his mouth and grabs his lips to make his point.  They scuffle for a while, as both call out to Woo-bong to settle their dispute... as Woo-bong sits there and is more worried about Tae-yang at this point.

We see Tae-yang in the truck with Jin-shim's lunchbox in his hand, as he packs everything up... and takes down the sign as the last gesture before admitting defeat.  He starts crying, and the boys gather around him to envelope him in a huge bear hug.

Back at Crazy Chateau, Crazy Mom is grilled the Lackey (whose actual character name is Secretary Yang, BTW) to ensure that all has been taken care of at the Market, and Tae-yang is no longer a menace to society there.  He reports in the affirmative, and produces an envelope with the investigative report that Yang prepared at the request of Crazy Mom.  Before she can pick up the envelope to take a look, Fake Dad arrives home to interrupt their little session.  Yang gets up to leave with the paperwork before Fake Dad finds out the scheme, but as he walks into the den for a drink, Secretary Yang drops the envelope with Tae-yang's personal investigative report.  He looks at the contents and sees Tae-yang's resume inside.

Crazy Mom and Fake Dad are chatting over drinks in the den, where Fake Dad is being grilled by her insisting that it's work that is making him tired.  Ever since the day that they ran into his ex-wife at the symphony, he hasn't smiled once.  Crazy Mom asks if that was the reason they split up -- because she had Ga-on and his ex didn't?  Fake Dad gets all huffy and said no, when she found out she couldn't have children, she was the one initiating the divorce.  His ex-wife was nice and considerate that way, and even insisted that Fake Dad go and bring Ga-on and Crazy Mom to their rightful places.  Still lacking in the Self-Esteem Department, Crazy Mom is still looking for validation that was exactly how the situation presented itself, when Fake Dad reminds her that Ga-on is his miracle and that will never change.  As Crazy Mom gulps down her scotch, she asks Fake Dad not to stay up too long... that she cannot sleep alone without him (still trying to make another baby, it seems).

We then see Tae-yang down a side street, looking for an address.  Ah, he's looking for the Tosa's place to plead with him!  Second Mom has just put out a spread to rival some Korean restaurants I've been to in the past, because they're expecting Dan-bi for lunch.  Second Mom pleads with the Tosa to at least talk nice to Dan-bi for a change.  Tosa and Second Mom chat for a bit, as the doorbell rings.  Hoping that it might be Dan-bi that has returned to the house, she gets up all excited and runs to the door.  We see instead on the intercom Tae-yang's smiling face, and when she asks who it is, he chirps that Tae-yang is there to see the Tosa.  The Tosa comes over and is stunned to see 'that kid" standing outside his front gate.

As Tae-yang jumps up and down trying to keep warm in the cold, he asks Tosa to let him in to talk because it's freezing outside, and when he is dismissed away, throws a cute little mini-tantrum at the intercom instead.  Second Mom then asks why he did that to Tae-yang -- why don't you just let him in because it's freezing outside, as Tae-yang is still jumping up and down outside the gate... but then turns away and starts coughing hard.

Returning to the Market, Ga-on is running through the aisles looking for Tae-yang after hearing the news about his 147th firing of the month.  In voiceover, she hears that the Tosa has finally succeeded in chasing the Bachelor away from the Market and confiscated his truck.  She arrives at the Market Office looking for the Tosa, as she bangs on the office door but it is closed and locked.

Back at the Seul-woo Fitness Center, we see Seul-woo himself, flashing back to when he grabbed Ga-on to protect her from the exploding fluorescent tube in Episode 9.  As he starts lifting hand weights, he gets a goofy(er) grin on his face at the memory.  (And he's sporting a new haircut which doesn't flatter his face at all!)  He picks up his phone to call her, but thinks otherwise and goes back to lifting, telling himself he needs to stay cool... but her coolness is annoying the hell out of him right now.  He voices out loud his wanting to stay patient, when he then picks up the phone again and yells at the phone to ring with Ga-on calling him.

Right behind him, though, we see Tae-in primping and watching over Seul-woo.  When the phone rings, she mutters "Mok Ga-on?" as Seul-woo gets all excited while trying not to pick up the call on its first ring.  When Ga-on wants to skip the pleasantries and asks if Seul-woo knows Tae-yang's phone number, he yells at Ga-on "that's the reason you called, was that you were looking for Tae-yang's phone number?  What am I, 411 Information?!?"  Tae-in leans over and asks Seul-woo what about her oppa?  Seul-woo hands the phone over to her, and says it's someone looking for her brother's phone number.  When Ga-on asks if the voice on the phone is Tae-yang's sister (and she replies in the affirmative), Ga-on gets all nervous and hangs up on her.  (So now there are TWO Han members she needs to stay away from.  Ooooh.)  Ga-on says that she's missed Tae-in, and wonders if she remembers Ga-on at all.

Dan-bi returns to the Tosa's home to find Tae-yang still standing outside yelling at the intercom to be let inside because it's freakin' cold outside.  When they see each other, Tae-yang quizzes Dan-bi as to why she's there.  Dan-bi says that this is her parents' home... and then Tae-yang puts two and two together, confirming that the Tosa is indeed Dan-bi's appa.  Suddenly the light bulb goes off over Tae-yang's head, and he asks if he could enter the house with her.

We see Dan-bi in the entryway of the house, as Second Mom rushes up to greet her... and then Tae-yang pops his head through the doorway and announces to the Tosa that he has arrived.  When the Tosa comes out to ask how "that rat" got inside their house, Dan-bi steps in between and tells him that Tae-yang is a guest of hers and she let him inside.  In the living room, the Tosa is stunned to hear that Dan-bi and Tae-yang are chingus, to which Second Mom apologizes for letting him stay out in the cold for that long.  Tae-yang says that yes, it's pretty cold out there (as he coughs again).  The Tosa asks Tae-yang why he always smiles like a clown whenever he sees him, to which Tae-yang tells the Tosa it would be easier to smile so he won't spit in Tae-yang's face anymore.  (LOL!)  He tells the Tosa he's not ready to give us like this and he wants the truck back.   Tosa says ANDAE, you're not getting the truck back and this conversation is over.

Tae-yang is not about to back down at all -- he needs the truck back because they're working at the Thrifty Market, and needs to work in order to pay back the second half of the money owed for the ruining of the mushroom harvest during the snowstorm... all in front of Dan-bi and Second Mom as witnesses.  Tosa orders Second Mom to get him a glass of ice water, so he can throw it in Tae-yang's face to wake him up.  Tae-yang says the Tosa can throw anything the hell he likes, but that will not make him back down.  Why did he take the truck away from him and have him kicked out of the Market?!?  Tosa says that it was a business proposition... that if he kicked Tae-yang out of the Market, these people would come through on a huge business deal for him.

All three of them stare at the Tosa, when he ventures what businessman would say no to such a proposition, no?  When Tae-yang demands to know who that person is, Tosa lies and says he doesn't know -- all he had to do was approve the deal.  Tae-yang still demands to know who the person is, when the Tosa tells him it must be someone that Tae-yang did something wrong against for them to be coming after him like that.

Tosa says now that Tae-yang has heard the real reason, he can get lost now and gets up to leave the room.  Tae-yang stands up and tells him that apparently the Tosa hasn't a good head for business.  As Dan-bi and Second Mom stare at him, Tae-yang goes further and says that a great businessman would look past a simple deal to make other deals to broaden his empire?  As Tae-yang accuses the Tosa of not knowing him enough, why wouldn't he choose Han Tae-yang as the product -- choose him instead of making a blind deal like that.  When the Tosa calls Tae-yang a crazy bastard, Tae-yang admits that yes, he IS a crazy bastard (and that's Swear Word #3 from his gorgeous mouth!!), because he's crazy enough to follow his dream.  "A smart man cannot defeat a happy man, and a happy man cannot be defeated by a set-back."  Tae-yang is crazy enough that it's a given that he will succeed in opening his own vegetable shop!  And because he's such a crazy bastard, he is going to succeed.  The Tosa  has heard enough, and he hauls off and kicks Tae-yang in the leg!   Tosa spouts that the reason he got where he is in life is that he never listened to crap that is coming out of the mouth of a 'con artist' like Tae-yang.  When Tae-yang stammers that he's not a con artist, Tosa tells him to leave him alone and worry about how he is going to live from now on and waddles out of the room.  Dan-bi just sits there and stares at Tae-yang.

Ga-on has found the Fresh Men Truck, all stripped and bare of Tae-yang's belongings.  She stands there and stares at the dashboard to see it empty with no lunchbox.  She figures what the ahjummas at the Market told her was right all along... but Tae-yang, where are you now?

[Commercial Break #1]

As Tae-yang leaves Dan-bi's house, he gets a text from Dan-bi asking him to meet her at a cafe by the train station later.  Dan-bi and Tosa having tea, where she demands the Tosa to leave Tae-yang alone.  When he protests, she tells him she did something bad to him, and doesn't want to do anything further to continue apologizing to him.  This is the first favor she's ever asked from her appa, but he hunkers down and continues to refuse.  He says that he can't lose out on that deal, because it will cost him a lot of money.   Dan-bi tells him he's more worried about losing money than losing his only daughter over some measly money?  Tosa snaps back that yes, it's because of Tae-yang not having any measly money is the reason he's being kicked out of the Market.  And if it wasn't for her mother bringing Dan-bi around, he would have never been able to see her.  (Hunh?)  Tae-yang is waiting outside, as Dan-bi leaves the gate wiping tears away.  She sees him and crabs that she told him to meet at the cafe.  Tae-yang says that he was never comfortable in waiting at a cafe, because he's never had such free time to kill like that in his life...

As Tae-yang brings drinks to Dan-bi at a coffeeshop nearby, they attempt to make sense of what the Tosa just pulled on Tae-yang.  Dan-bi says to him that now he knows what type of man her father is -- he's only interested in money over other people's situations.  Because of that fact, knowing how her dad is disgusts and sickens her.  Tae-yang just smiles at her remark, and she's not amused.  He tells Dan-bi that his own father ran away, leaving him and Tae-in to their grandmother, and he hated him for a very long time.  But it got a lot worse after their grandmother died... they were both put in an orphanage and Tae-in was eventually adopted out to another family.

Dan-bi asks if these were the parents that Tae-in kept running away from, and Tae-yang confirms it... but that Tae-in's heart was always with Tae-yang and that's why she fought with her adoptive parents all the time.  So he feels sorry to Tae-in, and that's how he eventually came to forgive their father for running away like that.  Even though people accused him of favoring Tae-in all the time, it's because of Tae-in that he was able to withstand any crap that life threw at Tae-yang... because if his father didn't exist, then Tae-in would have never existed, and he was able to forgive him like that.  

Dan-bi is incredulous, and she says she could never forgive a father like that, and how could he possibly do that?  Tae-yang says he had to, in order to live.  Tae-yang throws out the Ping-Pong Analogy -- you get more exhausted playing by yourself up against a wall, and it's the same as being angry all the time.  Being angry by himself was not getting him anywhere.  At least Dan-bi is lucky, because she has Seul-woo by her side to take her anger.  Hearing Tae-yang's sob story must have struck a chord in Dan-bi, as she sits there tearing up...

Tae-yang returns to the now-stripped veggie truck and while standing there staring at it, he stars crying while flashing back to when he first asked the Tosa to borrow it, getting it all tricked out, selling the veggies at various spots, picking up the spilled chili peppers after the big brawl with the yakuza, etc.  Tae-yang takes the Fresh Men Vegetable Shop sign out of the back, and breaks down while hugging the sign.

We then see Ga-on slowly coming up behind him and envelopes him in a back hug.  When he attempts to turn around, she tells him to go ahead and cry... you can always cry when you're with me (with a quick flashback to Young Tae-yang and Jin-shim sitting on top of their old van hideout saying the same thing), which makes Tae-yang smile and grab her hand in response.  Tae-yang asks Ga-on why she always knows the right thing to say in a situation like this, and that he doesn't have to pretend to be okay in front of her.  Ga-on wants Tae-yang to promise her that she will always be the first person to come to when something bad happens again.  Even if he doesn't talk, he has to come to her first... because she will know exactly what's going on just by looking at his face.  Tae-yang turns around and with tears still streaming down his cheeks, smiles at Ga-on and nods his promise.

(Just as well... I'll break here and wipe my own eyes and continue in Part 2!)

EPISODE 10 MINI-CAP, Part 2:

We then see Tae-yang and Ga-on in the back of the truck, firing up the space heater to stay warm.  Tae-yang plops himself in front of the heater, as Ga-on complains that she needs the heat because she almost froze to death waiting for him by the truck. Ga-on decides he's hogging all the good heat and hip-checks him to the side.  He does the same to get her away from the heater, and that goes on for a few rounds when Tae-yang turns to Ga-on and takes her face in his hands.  He tells Ga-on that the heat from that heater is never going to be as warm as the heat from this sun ("Tae-yang" means sun), then smushes her cheeks together.  When she complains that his hands are warm from hogging the heater, Tae-yang asks her what she wants more -- the heat from the heater, or the heat from his hands.  A bit later, we see Tae-yang exhausted and asleep on Ga-on's shoulder, as she brushes away some hair on his forehead but looks troubled.

The next day, the hyungs are at a local restaurant having grilled pork belly and banchan.  Tae-yang takes a tiny piece of pork, wraps it in a lettuce leaf, and hands it to Ho-jae.  The boys are all pretty depressed, when Tae-yang explains to them because he's worked them so hard, this is the first time that he's treating them.  Chan-sol crabs that he's really pissed off; aren't the other boys all pissed off as well?  Woo-bong and Ho-jae both kick him under the table.  (Of particular note is that Changwook-ssi is wearing one of the puffy down jackets that he modeled for the G Brand a few months back!!)  Woo-bong asks Tae-yang what he was thinking about doing now, with Chan-sol asking Ho-jae that he's already looking into tutoring jobs (and sporting a nifty new Poodle Perm on his head), when Ho-jae shuts him up with a well-placed pork wrap instead.  HA.

Tae-yang tells them that yes, he's disappointed and his heart hurts because they lost the truck, but this is no time to give up.  The boys mope around the set table for a bit longer, when Woo-bong decides Tae-yang has fed them enough and shoves a pork wrap into his mouth instead.  Tae-yang is stunned and sits there with the wrap half-hanging out of his mouth, when he remembers to start chewing and starts tearing up again.  Awww...

Ho-jae and Chan-sol are on a bus returning home, where they are inspecting the contents of the pay envelopes that Tae-yang gave them at the restaurant.  Chan-sol laments that they did so much work for so little money... but then shuts himself up after Ho-jae gives him one of those looks again.  Tae-yang and Woo-bong are at another bus stop, and as the bus arrives, Woo-bong says that he doesn't want to go home.  Tae-yang then jumps on Woo-bong's back and gives him a big hug.  Woo-bong looks concerned for some unknown reason.

Back at the Market, the Tosa is wandering the grounds after inspecting the truck that he asked Tae-yang to return to him.  He looks over to see Ga-on and the Lackey conversing over a fruit basket she has given him to deliver (to Crazy Mom, perhaps?).  Lackey looks like he has a mini-crush on her, as he lights up every time she speaks to him.  He speaks of something to make him cover his mouth in shame, and walks away cursing himself for it.  Tosa flashes back to the conversation he had with Imo, asking if he knew that Ga-on was the only daughter of the Mok Yeong Group, and as the Lackey is slapping his mouth over his slip-up, he sees the Tosa and bows.  As he attempts to walk away, the Tosa steps in front of him... when suddenly Tosa grabs his lapels and pushes him up against a stack a pallets, making him drop the fruit basket.  Lackey attempts to get away, but Tosa's got his coat in a death grip...

The Tosa is pacing around his office in the twilight, trying to make sense of what he overheard, when he gets pissed off enough to throw a glass across the room.  We then see the Lackey pull out his phone to call Crazy Mom and tell her of his confrontation with the Tosa.  Crazy Mom is all WHAT?!? to him, and then runs off to his office to remind him of the terms of the contract she put in front of him earlier.  Tosa asks if this was the 'great deal' he was promised if he got rid of Tae-yang from the Market, as Crazy Mom reminds him (paraphrasing here) that this 'great deal' would be for the Tosa to get in on the ground floor of a new business venture Fake Dad was proposing.  Tosa says now she's sowing her true colors in attempting to protect Ga-on.  Crazy Mom reiterates that she wants 'that boy' kept away from her Ga-on at all costs... or she could bring him down.  The Tosa reaches over to the contract... and tears it in half and half again, refusing the provisions.  Crazy Mom won't give up, though, and sounds like she's got some blackmail against the Tosa's family that she will not hesitate to use if she doesn't get her way.

Fake Dad is in his office reading the day's paper announcing the new business venture he's starting up, when Ga-on arrives to see him.  He asks her to stay so he can ask her a question... over coffee, he wants her to join his business venture and get out of the Market work (since it's too hard?).  Ga-on understands, but she'll think about it first... and then gets a bright idea that she has a friend who might be able to help.

We then see Ga-on making a business presentation regarding the new business proposal to a room of interested parties, as Fake Dad looks on from the doorway with a big smile on his face.

Tae-yang is reading the day's paper as well, when he sees an advertisement looking for a fantastic new recipe, with the winner's business venture being supported by the Mok Yeong Group as First Prize.  Jumping up and down and yelling, he packs up to leave his gosiwon, only to run into... The Boys, all with the same idea and the paper in their hands!  Woo-bong presents the ad to Tae-yang... upside down... and Tae-yang presents the advertisement himself, to big smiles from the hyungs!

Back at the Market, Ga-on is standing outside the main office when Seul-woo comes sauntering up.  Ga-on asks how his mom is getting along, when he gets all snippy and wonders why she didn't ask how HE is.  (What a brat!!)  She tells him why should she?  She then takes the lid off a crate of apples and wants Seul-woo to take a look at them (to give to Imo?).  Seul-woo asks her why she didn't give these to Tae-yang instead; aren't they dating?  Seul-woo still tries to woo her, when she attempts to walk away and he grabs her arm instead.  He tells her that Tae-yang really needs his help right now because he's destitute, and why is she still with him?  Seul-woo gets a call, which tells him that his Mom is very sick and he runs off.

[Commercial Break #2 -- hilarious that one of the commercials is for the new Toshiba netbook, where two ballet dancers are touting the device's lightness... while dancing in a San Francisco park.  LOL!!]

Anyway, we're back to Seul-woo arriving at Imo's office, where she has apparently collapsed and is hooked up to an IV drip.  Seul-woo complains that she should be in a hospital instead.  She tells him she's just tired and wants to rest there, when he keeps yelling at her to stop pushing herself so hard!  Seul-woo tells Imo he's still working on his Big Bright Plan... and does it involve vegetables?  She pulls her hand out of his, where he complains for her to have some faith in him.  (This is when he reminds her of his father?)  Okay, do what you want to do, but do it well.  She turns away, teary-eyed.

Back at his gosiwon, Ho-jae is reviewing the Contest Rules set out in the request by Mok Yeong Group, being looked over his shoulder by the Manager there..  We then see the hyungs back at Tae-yang's studying various vegetables by taste, smell, and in the case of Woo-bong, with a magnifying glass.  They're trying various iterations of the recipe they have in mind, with varying (all bad) results.  Tae-yang nearly coughs up a lung with his creation!  Making notes, they discuss what's gone wrong when Ho-jae arrives with an insider tip about the contest.  Ho-jae did good!

Manager Guy then sticks his nose inside Tae-yang's room to tell him that he has a visitor.  The Boys all pop out of the room wondering who it is, when they see Scruffy Guy at the end of the hall!  The other boys shrink back in fear, Tae-yang finally recognizes him, but Scruffy Guy then collapses to the floor.  As Tae-yang tries to revive him, we see that Scruffy Guy is dripping wet with fever.  We see Tae-yang pulling the blankets up around Scruffy Guy, as they have lifted him to Tae-yang's bunk so he can sleep.  Clutched in Scruffy Guy's hand is a slip of paper, which Tae-yang pulls out and reads -- it's the same slip of paper he slipped into Scruffy Guy's Discman to let him know of his address if he needed a warm place to stay.

The next day, all our hyungs are at the bus stop, with Tae-yang and Scruffy Guy staying close and the other boys still in slight fear of him and keeping a respectful distance away.  Woo-bong attempts to tell Scruffy Guy that he might not have any fun if he tags along with them.  When Scruffy Guy just stands there, Woo-bong accuses him of being a mute. Tae-yang says Scruffy Guy did say one word earlier... he said that he wants to help!

Arriving at a local farm, where Tae-yang calls out the Elder but finding no one there, they wander around one of the greenhouses.  Looks like a crop of bean sprouts or leaf lettuce, as they boys all fawn over the crops.  Tae-yang says it was so hard to get the address of the place, they have no choice but to wait until the owner returns.  Chan-sol looks over to see something hiding underneath a plastic tarp, and the boys all wander over to look.  OH MY GOD THERE'S A PERSON UNDERNEATH THAT PLASTIC TARP!!  Tae-yang pokes it to see if it awakes, with no response.  Then he orders Chan-sol to pull the plastic off, and they see a woman there... who then suddenly opens her eyes and wakes up and scares the crap out of the boys as she walks out of the greenhouse.

She runs over to another part of the greenhouse, where she crouches down sobbing, as the boys run after her.  Apparently she is crying over the water lines being frozen, because now she can't water the plants.  Tae-yang offers to help, if it's okay with her.  Ho-jae opens his mouth and says that they've arrived to meet some Professor Guy, but New Girl just cries and says her dad is going to be upset if she ruins his crops.  Woo-bong asks her to stop crying and he's sure there's something the boys can do to help her out... when Ho-jae clamps his hand over Woo-bong's mouth to shut him up.  Ho-jae pleads with New Girl that they need to meet her dad because it's an emergency.  She says okay and she'll arrange for the boys to meet him... but only if they help her out and water all the plants.  Chan-sol protests that they don't have that kind of time, but New Girl starts crying again.  Tae-yang says okay, they'll help so stop crying -- what do they need to do?  The boys all crab to Tae-yang...

... when we see Our Bachelors running up the path from the greenhouses looking for something.  They split up, and Woo-bong's team come across a pump in the field which turns out to be broken.  Tae-yang and Scruffy Guy go back to the main house to see if that pump is working, and when it isn't, Tae-yang takes a crack at it first.  Then Scruffy Guy tries his best, to no avail.  They all start walking back to the greenhouses, remembering the New Girl's words that they can't use tap water, only well water in order to keep their eco-friendly farm certification.

From the road, they see an old pump next to the barn.  They run over to find that it's virtually broken.  Ho-jae asks that there's nothing they can do, except Tae-yang says he remembers his grandmother's emergency treatment, since they had well water growing up.  The next scene, we see all five Bachelors lined up against the frozen water pump, Tae-yang asking if they are ready, we hear a loud ZIPPPPPPPP... and THE BOYS ARE ALL TAKING A PEE AGAINST THE PUMP!!  (ROTFLOMFG!!!  My sides are hurting from laughing so hard!!!)

Apparently the emergency treatment worked, as Tae-yang pushes the pump handle up and down and water starts gushing out.  They all carry large buckets of well water back to the greenhouse... and that's where we end Episode 10 (and I'm still laughing)!!

PREVIEW:  

Oops, almost forgot... Episode 10 Teaser Picture.  Commence hearts breaking..... now.  tears.gif

e218c81d.jpg

Episode 9 with English subs is already out at Kimchi Drama! Here:

http://www.kimchidra...-episode-9.html

So Ga On now knows exactly who he is. But it appears that he doesn't know who she is yet. She has flashbacks of crazy mom threatening her not to see Tae Yang. (whatever, I'd tell loony bird to get lost dry.gif) Crazy mom figures out she's lying pretty easily so I foresee crazy mom pulling some nasty stuff against Tae Yang in the future. (yep, she's trying to get him fired from the market) mad.gif

Thanks for the recaps of episode 10, CherKell! wub.gif

EDIT...

@CHERKELL.... thanks for the recap dear and JCW's screencaps were adorable, I love reading them as always...but go get some rest, we know you're tired....

Just finished watching episode 10 @DRAMAFEVER...the ending was the best and I laughed so loud at the boys remedy in case of emergency like that LOL. Boy oh boy! Tae Yang's grandma was one smart old granny hahaha, who in this world would have thought of that? Boys! aim! Pee! hahahaha....

I was just hoping that the success of Tae Yang's vegetable store won't have anything to do with the help of Ga On/Jin Shim's company, even if he will win the contest fair and square. I just want him to make it on his own without Mok Young group's help or anything in that sort so that the crazy mom can't say anything against Tae Yang. I just wonder what crazy mom would do if she learns later on that Tae Yang was Jin Shim and real Ga On's friend when they were young and if the dad learns that the Ga On that he loves dearly is not the real one?

Guest misty14

does anyone have a preview for episode 11? I love thurdays and fridays, but then realize that i have to wait another week. arghh -_- . I really like how the drama is progressing and all the hilarious + cute moments. Ending of 10 was DAEBAK! don't think i could have came up with such an idea. happy.gif

Archived