[Drama 2011] Bachelor's Vegetable Store 총각네 야채가게

cherkell

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EPISODE 2 RECAP:

We begin at the end of Episode 1, where Kang-sun (Mom) and the kids find Ga-on's doll in the weeds.  Mom understandably starts freaking out that Ga-on has run away, and wanders off sobbing hysterically.  We then see Tae-yang and Jin-shim at the church in front of the funeral alter containing Ga-on's death portrait.  The kids are sobbing as well and cry themselves to sleep until a church deacon comes to wake them in order to leave.  Jin-shim gets up to leave, as Tae-yang flashes back to Mom accosting him at the hospital by throwing him up against a wall, almost shakes the crap out of him, while blaming him for Ga-on's death.  Tae-yang stays back at the church, crying.

Later that evening, Jin-shim arrives at Kang-sun and Ga-on's house looking for Mom.  Milk cartons are piled up against the front door, but Jin-shim goes in anyway.  It's too quiet, but as she looks around, she finds Mom in the bathtub with blood everywhere.  Mom has slit her wrists and is waiting to die.  Jin-shim saves her and waits by her bedside after Mom gets patched up and an IV drip inserted.  In a long, drawn-out speech, Mom tells her that Ga-on was her last hope for their family to be reunited, and she collapses sobbing into Jin-shim's arms... until Mom starts freaking out wanting to die like Ga-on did.

The next day at the funeral parlor, Jin-shim receives Ga-on's ashes with Mom standing by.  They leave the crematorium, where Grandma and Tae-yang are waiting, and both bow deeply as they both walk past.  Mom doesn't even acknowledge the two, but Jin-shim turns around after a bit and looks back sadly at Tae-yang.

Now back home, Tae-yang and Tae-in are looking after their chicks, all grown up and rooting around for food.  Tae-in wants to name the chickens, while Tae-yang just sits there staring.  Tae-in accuses her brother of not caring about the chickens and gets all pissed off at him and runs back in the house.  With Grandma looking on, Tae-yang cries and apologizes to the chickens and tells them he'll be a better keeper.

At Kang-sun's house, Jin-shim attempts to force some food down Mom's throat.  Whatever Jin-shim says to Mom upsets her highly and she freaks out again... as we fade to Mok In Beom's (Dad) palatial mansion, where he is apparently waiting for a guest with presents strewn around him.  Mom is in their living room, continuing her freak-out when the phone rings.  She just stands there and stares at it for the longest time.  Jin-shim asks if she should answer it and reaches for the phone, when Mom grabs it out of her hands.  It's Dad, telling Mom that his divorce is now final and that they should make preparations to move in with him.  He wants Mom to put Ga-on on the phone so he can talk to her, to which Mom lies and says she is not home to receive his call.  She tells Dad she will call him back and hangs up... and we then see the thoughts formulating in her head about what she's going to do next.

Mom turns to Jin-shim and asks her to be Ga-on going forward.  She can't give up her hopes now that Ga-on is dead, so she wants Jin-shim to step into her shoes.  Mom then hugs Jin-shim and Jin-shim just melts at a mother's touch.  In a voiceover on her way back home, she asks Tae-yang what she should do with this problem.  As she arrives at Tae-yang's house, she comes upon Grandma on a stretcher being taken out after collapsing.  Jin-shim stays behind with Tae-in, while Tae-yang accompanies Grandma in the ambulance to the hospital.

Hours pass at the hospital, and we see Tae-yang and Jin-shim taking turns piggybacking a sleeping Tae-in.  The next day at school, Kang-sun is waiting for her after classes let out.  She asks Jin-shim if she's made a decision about stepping into Ga-on's shoes -- Mom can provide for Jin-shim for the rest of her life with money and everything she's ever wanted being an orphan.  Jin-shim is still conflicted, but pinky-swears with Mom to join her family.

Grandma finally wakes up in the hospital to see Tae-yang standing over her.  She wonders out loud what to do, as Tae-yang tells her he's the man of the family and will take care of everything.  Next scene the three kids are in church, praying for the health of Grandma.  As they leave the church, Kang-sun is waiting for Jin-shim and tells her to come with her.  Tae-yang continues to apologize to Mom, but Mom just wants to leave with Jin-shim and tells them she's no longer to be friends with Tae-in and Tae-yang.  Jin-shim leaves with Mom as Tae-in starts yelling back at them.

Mom and Jin-shim walk off to their house, as Jin-shim protests that Mom shouldn't treat the kids that way.  Mom wheels around with that look in her that says "don't mess with me, girly" and orders Jin-shim to follow now.

[insert Micky Yoochun ramen commercial here.  Ooooooooh.]

The next day, Tae-in is running through the neighborhood with one of Tae-yang's chickens.  Apparently Tae-yang is trying to take her favorite chicken for dinner that night for Grandma's return hom, but Tae-in wants to keep her favorite chicken as a pet.  Tae-yang's pleadings aren't working, and Tae-in throws the chicken over the fence to set it free.  Clinging to Tae-yang's leg, he drags her along for a good 20 feet down the courtyard.  The chicken runs into the mizuna field, where Tae-yang eventually catches it.  The next thing we see is Grandma hovering over the stove, ladling stewed chicken and broth into a bowl while Tae-in sobs nearby.

Tae-yang has the idea to bring some of the chicken dinner over to Kang-sun's house to give to Jin-shim.  Mom opens the door and listens to what Tae-yang has to say, but then slams the door shut in his face.  As his sits on the church steps pondering, Mom comes out to see the chicken dish still sitting on the porch.  Mom just picks it up and throws it away.

In the next scene, we see Grandma at a photo studio.  She's all dressed up in hanbok, so it becomes obvious that she's there to have her funeral picture taken.  She walks down the hall to where she will be photographed, but runs into Kang-sun and Jin-shim having Jin-shim's graduation pictures taken.  All this time, she calls Jin-shim by Ga-on's name.   As Grandma calls out to Jin-shim, Mom asks who this person is.  When Jin-shim explains that she is Tae-yang's halmoni, Mom grabs the door to the studio and slams it shut.  Outside the studio room, Jin-shim attempts to address Grandma to explain.  Mom puts a stop to that right away and calls Jin-shim away.  Grandma lets her leave, but then Mom wants to discuss the situation with Grandma at her home.

Back at home, Grandma is peeling tangerines while Mom keeps yammering on about how this is a good thing for Jin-shim to have the things she wouldn't have if she stayed as Jin-shim.  Grandma asks her if she really intends to break the kids up, as they have become fast friends all these years, and then gives Mom grief about using Jin-shim as her substitute daughter.  Mom gets pissed and leaves.

Mom returns to the church to find Jin-shim sewing what looks like a bag, and tells Jin-shim that she needs to cut all ties with Tae-yang's family now.  The next day, Tae-yang and Tae-in and Grandma are all sitting around the breakfast table.  Tae-in is still giving Tae-yang grief about her chicken becoming dinner.  At school, Tae-yang looks for Jin-shim and asks her what the ahjumma is doing with her.  They make an agreement to meet after school, where Tae-yang plans on giving her the pager.  He and Tae-in look longingly in a bakery window, knowing that they can't afford most of the products there.

We then see Jin-shim at the beauty shop getting her long hair cut into a Ga-on hairstyle.  She looks upset because she was supposed to meet up with Tae-yang after school and there she was getting her hair cut.  As they leave, Mom pulls out the same jeweled hair pin that Jin-shim fantasized about wearing, and pins it into Jin-shim's hair.

Tae-yang and Grandma are then preparing for the surprise party for Jin-shim, but it's getting way past the time Jin-shim promised to be there.  Grandma pulls out a puffy jacket she had been saving for Tae-yang's birthday and gives it to him, while Tae-in starts yelling that Grandma is favoring him.

Mom is discussing the proposal with Jin-shim after the haircut.  Through her tears, Jin-shim agrees to go through with the plan and to call her Ga-on from now on.  Next we see them at a tattoo parlor, getting Jin-shim marked the same as Ga-on's birthmark.  Several scenes of she and Tae-yang flashback to her while she gets marked, as she tells Tae-yang she's sorry and calls Kang-sun... Mom.

Later than night, Tae-yang and Tae-in are out by the church looking for Jin-shim.  Mom and (now) Ga-on walk up, and Tae-in starts yelling at eonni, asking her why she now looks so funny.  Mom just stares at them and pulls Ga-on right by them.

In bed for the night, Tae-in complains to Grandma about Jin-shim's situation, while Tae-yang just lays there and stares at the ceiling.  At school the next day, Tae-yang opens his locker to find the present that Jin-shim was sewing for him: a little patchwork bag for his vegetables with a cute puffy heart on the front.  He's as happy as a clam, and runs out of the school to the next building to his homeroom.  When he gets there, he sees that Jin-shim's seat is empty.  When Tae-yang asks where she is, one of the other students say that she's left the school.  Tae-yang runs out looking for her, with his voiceover from when they kissed still echoing in his ears.

Mom and (now) Ga-on have finished the 'transformation,' and are walking fast towards their home.  Ga-on stops in her tracks and asks Mom why she's in such a hurry.  Mom explains that she needs to hurry to get Ga-on prepared to meet her father.  Tae-yang is still wandering the town looking for Jin-shim with the fabric bag in his hands.

Mom and Ga-on are at the bus station waiting to leave to meet up with In Beom (Dad).  The bus arrives, and as they get ready to step on, Ga-on breaks free from Mom's hand and runs off, saying she has to say goodbye to someone.  She runs all the way back to Tae-yang's house and asks where Tae-yang is.  She tells Grandma of the plan for her to assume Ga-on's identity, and Grandma tells her that is going to break Tae-yang's heart.  Ga-on bows deeply and runs off, while Grandma clutches her chest and falls to the ground.  Ga-on then runs to the theme park, flashing back to the time when all four of the kids were together playing in the van.  In a surreal scene, the new Ga-on stands there, while the old Jin-shim walks right past her.  At that point, Ga-on realizes that was all just a dream.  As she turns to walk away, Tae-yang comes up behind her.  Tae-yang teases her about the 'girly present' she made for him, and he then pulls out the pager to give to Ga-on.  She thanks him and she starts to cry.  Tae-yang is confused.

Mom arrives at Grandma's looking for Ga-on.  When Grandma tells her she's not there anymore, she starts giving Mom major lip about making Jin-shim into her dead daughter.  Mom yells back at Grandma that she's ruining Jin-shim's life, when Mom tells Grandma to shut up and butt out.  Whatever Grandma said back to Mom throws her into a rage and Mom grabs Grandma by the throat and starts shaking her and freaks out.  She leaves Grandma on the floor having an attack, reaching for her pill bottle that flew across the room.  Mom picks up the pill bottle and throws it against the wall, where it breaks.

Tae-yang and Ga-on take one last walk together, where in voiceover Ga-on apologizes over and over to him.  Tae-yang tells her he'll see her in school tomorrow, and she looks back over her shoulder to watch him walk away.  Ga-on sits on the steps and sobs her little heart out.  Mom comes rushing up and drags Ga-on away.  Tae-yang returns home to find Grandma passed out with the pills scattered around.  Mom and Ga-on get on the bus and leave for good.

Tae-yang and Tae-in are at the hospital where the doctors are trying to revive Grandma, to no avail.  The kids are hysterical, and the sheet is then pulled over Grandma's face... the screen goes all white...

And here we are (according to the title card), 11 years later.  A white shirt is hanging on a clothesline, suddenly taken off by (drumroll) an older Han Tae-yang (Ji Chang Wook).

(Excuse me here for a second... SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!  Okay, I'm done now.  Sorry about that.)

Tae-yang is getting all dressed up for something, and when he looks in the mirror and basically says "it's showtime," he pulls open the door of his room and leaves.  We see on a side table books on marketing, several notes to himself hanging on the walls, and on the dining table is a picture of Tae-yang and Jin-shim in their school uniforms...

Tae-yang is going down the hallway of his dorm room, knocking on all the door basically acting as their wake-up calls.  He checks in with the Resident Advisor, where he asks the RA how he looks because he has a big job interview today.  The RA reminds him that Tae-yang asked to borrow his camera, as he hands it over.  And he's off to... a large ConHugeCo corporate office complex, with Grand Opening banners at the front doors.  With a congratulatory bouquet in his hands, he raises his hands over his head and yells "HOORAY!!" three times and heads inside.  At the lobby are several mannequins in various states of dress (and undress as well).  Tae-yang scours around looking at the name tags with camera and bouquet in hand, accidentally bumping into the other patrons.

As he turns around... and standing there is older Tae-in (Lee Se Young).  As they whirl around semi-hugging each other, Tae-in secretly switches the description tag with her own.  As Tae-yang hands the bouquet to her, he asks which designer creation is hers, and she points to some butt-ugly Pepto Bismol-pink fluffy thing with fake fur.  Tae-yang asks a passerby to take a picture of him and Tae-in and her "creation."   Suddenly the real designer of the dress arrives and calls them out, while Tae-yang gives her lip back about not dissing his sister's design.  She reaches down and takes the fake card off to show them it's her own creation.  Tae-yang starts asking what the heck is going on, when Tae-in grabs his hand and starts to drag him out of the corporate lobby... but not before the two women start getting catty with each other.  And then the bomb is dropped -- Tae-in has flunked out of design school that Tae-yang has paid for all this time!!  Tae-in explains that she was unhappy and that she's gonna do something better from now on, as Tae-yang keeps crabbing at her to get her life together.

In the next scene, we see the older Ga-on (Wang Ji Hye) getting all dolled up for something.  She arrives at another ConHugeCo building, where she runs into the office ladies gossiping about something.  The head office lady tells Ga-on that there were some strange things going on today.. and then another woman complains to Ga-on about one of her problems and asks for Ga-on to ask her mother or father for help.  Ga-on politely refuses and leaves.  

In the ConHugeCo parking garage, Lee Seul-woo (Kim Yeong Kwang) is seen polishing his fancy-richard simmons Porsche sports car, while on the phone with (we assume) is his girlfriend, pleading for something.  Other corporate worker follows Ga-on into the garage and gets on her knees to bag for assistance.  When Ga-on refuses, the rejected girl gives her grief about being untalented or something, but Ga-on gives it right back to her.  Seul-woo is impressed, and he gets into his car to leave, passing Ga-on on the way out.

We then cut to My Precious Tae-yang riding his bicycle down the riverside path, and then back to Ga-on riding the bus home.  Tae-yang arrives at the local Farmers Market where he stares at the front gates.  Ga-on is on the other side of the gates, staring up at the other side.  And there we end Episode 2.

PREVIEW:  Tae-yang is seen almost naked, clothed in only his boxer shorts, being spun around on a forklift through the Farmers Market, while grabby-hand ahjummas reach for him.  Ga-on is also at the Farmers Market, watching a competition between Tae-yang and another farmer to see who can carry the most radishes from one spot to another and properly stack them.  The Jung Dan-bi character is seen getting out of a fancy car.   Tae-yang is smacked in the face by another adjusshi at the Market for asking the wrong question.  Ga-on and Tae-yang find themselves competing for the same market stall spot.

EPISODE 2 SCREENCAPS:

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

EPISODE 2 FULL RECAP (WITH PICTURES) at DRAMABEANS:

coming soon!

EPISODE 2 MY THOUGHTS:

Argh.  I'm fighting a wicked cold from waking up at the crack of dark this week.  I'll let Episode 2 sink in for another few hours and will post again soon...

RATINGS:

AGB:    .508%

TMnS:  

[insert Micky Yoochun ramen commercial here.  Ooooooooh.] 

HAHAHAHAHA! Almost spit out my coffee reading your recap because of that!  laugh.gif Thank you so much for taking the time to do such detailed recaps! I was really looking forward to this drama and now even more so. I hope your cold gets better! 

I have to say - crazy mom is indeed crazy.  I can see her being put in a padded room later on down the road. blink.gif Little sister Tae-in is still a scammer. (love how she whipped out a card with her name on it to place in front of the other girls) but she's even tricking her own brother? And can Ji Chang Wook be any more gorgeous? sweatingbullets.gif His smile could melt butter! They moved onto the adults pretty quickly so I hope the story keeps flowing nicely. So far I'm hooked! 

Guest alicechen

Bachelor’s Vegetable Store Ep. 1 & 2 are up!

Download links (With & Split 720p Arigato links) here.

Oh Cherkell....I'm not surprised that you're the leader here in spreading Ji Chang Wook's virus! ;)

Oh Jae Moo, that kid is growing up to be a fine teenage actor. Where did the baby fat go? ^^

Hi everyone! I saw that dramafever had the show and watched the first 2 eps. I'm curious about it, but I wasn't expecting it to start that way.

I'll keep up with it. I really enjoy Wang Ji Hye and Park Soo Jin, both actresses I disliked in other roles and then saw roles where I thought they were amazing. Now I'm a fan of both.

I look forward to what everyone has to say here! :D

Guest deeana88

well, i love the relationship between jin shim and tae yang, and tae yang with his little sister, tae in. i don't know about jin shim being ga on thing, find it a little frustrating to be and a bit annoyed really, but i really just can't wait to see how this story is going to be. so, really can't wait for the next episode. hope it comes sooner. with eng subs.... :D

Happy Boxing Day, chingus!!  Hope you all had a great Christmas Weekend, and thanks for letting me disappear for a couple days while I dealt with being sick and holiday preparations.  But it's back to more news and stuff about The Show!!

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble uploading new pictures to Photobucket for sharing with you all, so I appreciate a bit more patience while I fix that problem.  You won't be disappointed once I'm done!

BRB soon.  Gomayo!!

Alright, let's see if this works now.  Thank goodness I have today off, because it's taken all frickin' day just to fix the basics on this site.  ARGH.  And my hatred for Channel A grows exponentially day-by-day.  Maybe I'm just so used to the Big Three (KBS/SBS/MBC) actually knowing how to promote their dramas through their news feeds and website.  I have to read through 17 billion different pages on their site just to get the tiniest piece of information, so I apologize in advance for the delay in postings.

Okay, where were we?  Oh yeah... social responsibilities first.  Hiya Alice!!  Girl, you know I'm all over this like bees on honey.  No one was starting a forum, so I figured I should do it.  Hope you don't mind me linking your uploads on the front page as usual.  You rock!!

Kelela!!!  Sweetie, I visit your totally awesome blog every day!!  I am honoured to have you visit our humble home. Please chime in early and often, okay?! 

And Danniekins -- good to see you here too!  We're still hoping and praying for a Yoo Seung Ho cameo in this, ne?  That'll get the ratings up!! 

Pluie, sadly I'm not in Canada -- I'm just half-Irish, so I celebrate Boxing Day as well.  More often than not, the day is more for recovering from the family emotional blowups than shopping or eating leftovers.  And this year was no exception.  Sigh.  (But I do have some yummy leftovers to dine on...)

EDIT:  Dramabeans' Episode 2 recap is up -- Girlfriday is taking over for JB.  So go back a page, and the link is under all the Episode 2 goodies therein.

Happy News Alert:  Even with only two episodes shown, SPO (they're a huge production company in Japan) has already bought the rights to broadcast BVS in Japan after its run ends in Korea.  With both Ji Chang Wook and Ji Hyuk (and Supernova) being huge draws over there, I'm not surprised the show will be exported so soon.  SPO is also the same outfit that brought "Boys Over Flowers" and "You're Beautiful" to the Japanese TV screens, and did so well with those shows as well, so here's a big FIGHTING!!! for their next smash hit!
Hope you all had a great Christmas Holiday as well -- bring on the New Year!  I'm not scared!! :)

Some BTS pictures from earlier today.  After what looks like a nice, sweaty workout lifting heavy things, here's the Poster Boy for eating *all* your vegetables.  RAWR. wub.gif

541df6d1.jpg

All our Gorgeous Bachelors next to the Food Service truck, cheesing for us:

a77d0597.jpg

This one technically needs to go on the JCW Fan Page, but it's too pretty to keep to one site.  From the January 2012 edition of SURE Magazine, Our Bachelor Hero's recent photoshoot.  As soon as I get my copy in the mail, I'll scan in the rest.  DOUBLE RAWR.  

wub.gifwub.gif

01b338bc.jpg

Guest taniyama_mai

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i want to see this drama too

but waiting for english subtitles softsubs...

really hope this drama will be great.. miss Baek Dong Soo.. kekekeke

@ CherKell ,maybe cameo from Yeo Woon? :wub:

aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i want to see this drama too

but waiting for english subtitles softsubs...

really hope this drama will be great.. miss Baek Dong Soo.. kekekeke

@ CherKell ,maybe cameo from Yeo Woon?  :wub:

taniyama, we could only hope... maybe seeing him walk through the market as a customer, buying a bunch of radishes from Tae-yang... oh dear.  My heart would explode!!  wub.gif

I'm searching for softsubs too, my dear.  If and when I find them, I'll let you all know and then put up a link on the first page of this forum for everyone.

In other news, Changwook-ssi will not be filming on set for a few days after having his wisdom teeth removed earlier today.  He tweeted earlier about 'not having any more wisdom' due to the process.  What a funny boy... but if that gorgeous face is messed up in any way, I'm coming to get you, Dentist!!

EPISODE 3 RECAP with SCREENCAPS:

(Sorry that I do not have shots from the first two minutes of the Show because of Channel A's crappy bandwidth issues.  Those little circles you see in some of the screencaps are from the website constantly buffering every three minutes.  God, how I hate Silverlight technology -- go with HTML5, you idiots!!)

We resume right where Episode 2 ended, with Tae-yang on one side of the Market about to open for business, and Ga-on on the other side.  We see in Tae-yang's bike basket that he still carries the lunch bag that Jin-shim made for him 11 years prior.  Tae-yang then has a fantasy that Jin-shim is there at that time, and hands the lunch bag to him... Tae-yang comes to and looks around to see no one around him.  He pulls the lunch bag out of his bike basket and smiles.  Getting back on his bike, he rides into the Market... right past Ga-on, who is lost in her own thoughts at that moment and doesn't see Tae-yang ride by.

9488ea70.jpg    afd737d2.jpg

Tae-yang pulls up to the Head Office and goes inside to see a beefy guy doing Muy Thai kickboxing exercises to a television broadcast (it's Lee Doo Il, who also starred in KBS's "President" drama with Wang Ji Hye -- small world, ne?).  We then see Ga-on talking with two of the Market Officers in the cafeteria about any openings they may have there.  She wants to apply to be an auctioneer (?) and tries to convince them she's the best for the job.  (I'm thinking that these two guys are gonna be our 'comic relief' for the rest of the show -- they are quite goofy.)  The lead Goofy Guy tells Ga-on to look at a chalkboard behind her... those are the people on the waiting list to work at the Market and to get in line.

40843ae4.jpg    02b56ed5.jpg

Back at the Head Office, several of the Market workers are engrossed in a card game as Tae-yang walks in on them.  The Chief tells Tae-yang to sit in the corner and wait until their game is over.  Hours later, we see Tae-yang asleep as the Chief kicks him awake to take him on a tour of the facilities.  Tae-yang is jumping around and beside himself with joy!!  The two men come across a truck that is backing up to unload its cargo of onions, as a bunch of workers are standing around waiting.  The other workers give the youngster a hard time, as the Chief orders Tae-yang to help with the unloading.  We then hear another Tae-yang catch-phrase, where he cheers three times before doing something hard (YAH YAH YAH!!!).  Tae-yang starts stacking the onion boxes, but is doing it sloppy and the Chief gives him grief about it and reminds him that stacking is an important part of the job.  The other unloaders still continue to give Tae-yang a hard time.  After what seems like hours, the truck is unloaded... and we see Tae-yang asleep on a pallet of onion sacks (hee!).

fc88bdc7.jpg    2b2ae3bc.jpg

Ga-on returns to the Consortium to plead her case again before the two Goofy Guys.  First guy finally relents and tells her to come back tomorrow for a "test." We then see Ga-on on her bus ride home, drawing something in the frost on the bus window glass.  She is exhausted and starts falling asleep, when the bus stops to pick up passengers and a guy gets on and sits right next to her (on a virtually empty bus).  She looks up, and it's In-beom (her Dad) there to ride the last leg of her trip to home with her.  Awww...

Back at home, Kang-sun (Mom) is now living the life of luxury and it shows.  When Ga-on arrives, she is soundly chewed out by Mom for always taking on such menial jobs when she should be learning the company at her Dad's side.  Dad tries to calm down Mom and to let Ga-on do her thing, to which Mom spits out a loud ANIYO!!  After all she went through to raise her like that?  Mom is still pissed and orders Ga-on to her room.  We then see Ga-on staring out her bedroom window thinking of something... then she walks over to her bookcase and pushes it open -- there's a hidden room behind her bookcase -- and she goes inside.  Oooooooooh...

f59d7459.jpg    03e3fa86.jpg

Tae-yang is seen sleeping in the Chief's Office and wakes up all sore and filthy to see everyone has left.  He himself heads for home, to only encounter a crabbing Tae-in.  He still gives her grief about not going to school and she gives him a hard time about not having a full-time job yet.  Tae-yang has an envelope in his coat pocket (I'm not sure if it's an application or a resignation notice), grabs his coat and heads back to the Market.

44d01bbd.jpg    d5f3b540.jpg

We see Tae-yang at the Market, where he has brought a case of energy drinks for the other workers.  We see him doing odd jobs around the Market, sweeping and straightening shoes, when the Chief comes up upon him.  Tae-yang tries to sweet-talk the Chief into letting him work at the Market, when the Chief hauls off and smacks Tae-yang right in the face!   The Chief decides to test Tae-yang to see if he's worthy of working at the Market... and as has been previewed to death over the past few weeks, we then see Tae-yang being driven around on the back of a forklift by the Chief, clad only in his boxer shorts, socks and boots, with a sign around his neck saying (I gotta check the screencap for a translation).  As he's being paraded around the freezing Market, all the ahjummas who have stalls there are going nuts, grabbing at him telling Tae-yang they want him to work for them and that he'd make a great son-in-law, forget about working at the Market and marry their daughters, etc.  Tae-yang is visibly mortified, and then further terrified when one of the ahjummas jumps up on the forklift to paw at him!  Just when Tae-yang thinks it couldn't get any worse, the Chief turns on the radio attached to the forklift and orders Tae-yang to dance!!  Tae-yang starts screaming!!

65465449.jpg    8595f62f.jpg

8adaa893.jpg    121d6380.jpg

(Pardon me, but OMO OMO OMO.... ::faintsdead:: )

1456d200.jpg    44821296.jpg

(HEY!!! Hands off, lady -- that boy is MINE!!!!)

Apparently he has passed muster with the Chief and the other Market Workers, and is returned to the front of the Head Office to great applause.  Tae-yang salutes everyone and says he's ready to start work at any time... but the Chief has another trick still up his sleeve.

e7f95eb4.jpg    b16d9c94.jpg

Back later, Tae-yang is fully clothed again (DAMMIT!) and is taken to where a truck full of radishes has arrived.  The Chief tells Tae-yang he has to pass one more test before he's allowed to work at the Market -- there will be a contest between him and another guy who is gunning for that last empty worker spot.  The test is to unload enough radishes into a cart, and then have the cart pulled away.  After another one of those special Tae-yang cheers, he goes to inspect the radishes first before the contest starts.

2b0b75fc.jpg    e51ba36a.jpg

c33af82a.jpg    46532c08.jpg

Ga-on arrives at the Market with a broom and bucket in hand.  We see the test given to her by the two Goofy Guys -- scrub down a filthy pushcart so it can be used again.  It is extremely dirty, and as she scrubs and shines, she throws a mini-tantrum over how hard it is.  The two guys come over when she's done and inspect her work.  They are impressed, until one guy finds a teeny-tiny piece of onion skin lodged in the keyboard attached to the pushcart...  it's do-over time!

c0fab099.jpg   df41020e.jpg

Ga-on decides to take a break and goes over to the food stall to eat.  Two other guys are there talking about the contest to decide who's getting the open Market worker position that's getting ready to start, and they run off to watch.  Ga-on wanders over as well and sees Tae-yang getting ready to start the contest.  Ga-on has a flashback to earlier when she saw him dance around on the forklift bed clothed only in his undies, and decides to stick around to watch the action.  Smart girl....

c00e8371.jpg      b593ae74.jpg

The contest starts, as Tae-yang and his competition size each other up.  It's pretty much neck-and-neck to the end, when Tae-yang starts fading and doesn't end up filling his cart as much as the other guy.  The Chief blows his whistle, and the Other Guy starts celebrating his "win."  Oh ye of little faith... the Chief tells the assembled crowd that was only the first part of the contest.  The final part is to see if the radishes on the cart will wheel properly to the loading area.  Two burly guys pick up each cart and start pulling them over to the loading dock... as the Other Guy's radishes keep falling off his cart, Tae-yang's perfectly-placed radishes stay on for the entire trip to the dock.  The Chief is impressed, and he tells Tae-yang he gets the job!  But all Tae-yang can do is lie on the ground, beat to a pulp.  After the workers leave the area, Tae-yang is still lying on the ground as Ga-on walks up to him.  She has a bottle of water in her hand, as Tae-yang pleads for a drink.  Ga-on relinquishes her water bottle... and we have our first instance of "Meeting Cute" between our leads.  Sigh.

3e157fb8.jpg    fa162909.jpg

96a86b74.jpg    08e79a3f.jpg

We then see Tae-yang and the Chief at the Market food area, where Tae-yang is chowing down on chicken (hee!) and the Chief is doing mostly drinking.  Tae-yang pours him a drink, and then the Chief offers him a drink of his own, to which Tae-yang turns down.  The Chief is not happy, and basically orders him to drink.

Ga-on is back at the pushcart, where she is inspecting it with a magnifying glass and cleaning the keyboard with Q-tips.  A few hours later, we see Ga-on asleep on the pushcart, as Tae-yang is leaving for the day.  He tiptoes by as to not wake her, but leaves a radish for her in payment of the water she offered him after the contest.  As Ga-on awakes, she sees the radish and then chomps down on it.

d8b03494.jpg    02fbea9a.jpg

Cut to a gas station, where we see Porsche Boy (Lee Seul-woo) getting his car gassed up.  One of the attendants accidentally spills gas on the body as he is removing the gas filler tube.  Seul-woo jumps out of the car and starts yelling at the attendant, who is apologizing profusely as Seul-woo tries to wipe away the spilled petrol with his coat sleeve.  Next scene is Seul-woo at a restaurant have lunch and reading a magazine.  He then heads over to a local fitness center for a workout.  He is stared at by the young girls while he's taking his turns on the treadmill... and ogled while he's at the weight machines... and then a bunch of them follow him around as he's preening in front of the mirror and getting ready to leave.

167a93a9.jpg    1f594487.jpg

The next thing we hear is this loud, shrill voice telling Seul-woo to hurry up.  It's his Mom (Hwang Su-ja) attempting to buy him a new suit for an upcoming social event.  Seul-woo comes out of the fitting room, as Jung Dan-bi hovers over him.  (They all look pretty chummy, but I'm not sure what their relationship is just yet, although Dan-bi refers to Seul-woo's mom as "Imo" -- aunt -- so that's what I'm going to call Su-ja from now on.)

56c12bac.jpg    b546f7d6.jpg

We then see a banner stretched across one of In-beom's department stores trumpeting a Launching Party for a new design line that Kang-sun (Mom) is overseeing.  Looking across the banquet room, we see Tae-in working the event as a server.  She is placing glassware on the VIP Table and gets distracted by all the pretty clothes passing by, and then accidentally cuts her hand, as Mom looks over to see her bleeding.

40328dc5.jpg    987bbdf8.jpg

Imo and Dan-bi and Seul-woo arrive at the event, and then do that whole 'red carpet' thing with pictures and poses and such.  They are seated at Tae-in's VIP Table, to which Tae-in is pleased to death.  We then hear Mom having a voiceover flashback to some event that happened earlier.  Ga-on arrives in a taxi to the event, but then almost runs off without her bag of dress clothes.  Another Ga-on flashback to Mom reminding her of her station in life.  Ga-on changes into her dressy clothes and attempts to hide the bag containing her workclothes in a supply closet.  The closet door will not close properly, and then she flashbacks to earlier today, hearing Tae-yang do his little cheers before attempting a hard task... and she does the same little cheer and kicks the door shut with her unshoed foot.  Hee!

bad80615.jpg    7fcf267d.jpg

Seul-woo comes across Ga-on walking into the banquet hall prior to the fashion show event.  She looks familiar to him, and he's trying to place her face, as he flashbacks to the incident in the parking garage where Ga-on's co-worker ripped her a new one earlier in the week (when he called her "scary").  Ga-on heads up to Mom's office, where she finds her there crying.  Mom is rambling on about something -- I'm going to assume she's still scared that someone is going to find out that she's actually Jin-shim and her ruse will crumble their family.  As Mom is talking to Ga-on, the childhood music that we heard in Episodes 1 and 2 plays in the background.

b9495fd0.jpg   b3b9c291.jpg

Imo and Dan-bi and Seul-woo are seen leaving the event after it ends, as Imo is crabbing about something.  Seul-woo suddenly stops and doesn't want to leave with Dan-bi and Imo, as Imo says fine and starts leaving by herself.  They all run into Mom and Imo greets Kang-sun... and then Seul-woo greets her as 'ahjumma' instead of her honorific title.  Seul-woo says something to Mom that makes the staff standing around behind them snicker.  Ga-on then yells at him, Kang-sun tells Imo to knock some sense into her son, this goes on for awhile... and Kang-sun slaps Seul-woo after some snide comment he makes.  Ga-on yells at Seul-woo to not treat her Mom like that... and we end Episode 3.

8897daa8.jpg    1edc5c80.jpg

PREVIEWS:  The hyungs are introduced!!!  Cute little snippets of the way they came to hang with Tae-yang are shown -- Ji-hyuk looks like he was an office worker, Kwang-soo looks like he's returned from overseas, Won-ho is shown dancing (oooooh!!).  Another meeting of Tae-yang and Ga-on does not go well.

e6b6dc12.jpg    cec80534.jpg

6a94be35.jpg  f1dae138.jpg

36863cd3.jpg

EPISODE 3 FULL RECAP (WITH PICTURES) at DRAMABEANS:  (coming soon!)

EPISODE 3 MY THOUGHTS: (coming soon!)

First off, this is the episode that all the news outlets were talking about, as the Market personnel being used as stand-ins were gushing all over themselves on how hard and fast Changwook-ssi worked to film the radish-stacking scene.  JCW had said in an earlier interview that he was working out anywhere from 2-to-4 hours a day on getting conditioned to move all these heavy vegetables.  Me impressed!!  In addition, the Production Company states that 50 million won (about $44,000 USD) was spent purchasing the vegetables used in just this scene alone!!

RATINGS:

AGB:    .710% (+.202% from Episode 2)

TMnS:   

Guest deeana88

thank you for the recap cherkell. i saw it online but can't really get a glimpse of what the episode is about. :( although i did get to see the scene where JCW was carried around with the forklift... so cute...:wub:

thank you for the recap cherkell. i saw it online but can't really get a glimpse of what the episode is about. :( although i did get to see the scene where JCW was carried around with the forklift... so cute...:wub:

deeana, OH YES!!  My nose was pressed up against my laptop screen big time.  Not giving away any spoilers here, so I thought I'd give a little teaser for you gals.  You're welcome. biggrin.gif

ff1a7a33.jpg

In other fantastic news, the first OST song will be released in a few hours tomorrow!!!  It's Ji-hyuk and Sung-je (the Supernova guys) singing a little tune called "Be My Girl."  I will put up a link on the first page when I get my grabby ahjumma hands on it!!

Archived