[Drama 2011] Bachelor's Vegetable Store 총각네 야채가게

cherkell

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sae haebok mani badeuseyo, chingus!!  Happy New Year to everyone -- hope you got through all the parties with a minimum of pain... from partying too hard, of course. tongue.gif

Argh.  I hate the end of December, because it brings all those Awards Shows, and subsequently, appearances by our favorite 6PACK Hotties were freakin' EVERYWHERE!  I'm gonna try and condense what happened into one concise post.  Here goes!  ::deep breath::

Lead Bachelor and My Precious Changwook-ssi was the recipient of TWO awards on Saturday 31 December!  First grabbing a Newcomer's Award at the SBS 2011 Drama Awards:

b0ddcc85.jpg
Then jumping into his Limo Van (changing into a cute floppy black bow tie) and speeding across town to pick up his Daesang for Daily Drama Excellence Award (Male) for "Smile Donghae."  Technically, he should have three awards, since "Smile Donghae" picked up an off-camera award for Best Daily Drama, but oh well.  WE know they won!!

24f11544.jpg

(For those of you that know me, I have this certain, um... fixation with JCW's tongue popping out at random moments.  I think it's a nervous habit of his and I shouldn't faint over it too much... but I CAN'T HELP IT!!!)

Here's another shot taken from a friend who tweeted it to me this morning.  All the winners on stage at the same time for a Group Photo.  Cool!!

7a6feea0.jpg

On the other side of the Awards World, over at the SBS 2011 Entertainment Awards on 30 December, Lee Kwang Soo was picking up his own set of trophies!  The variety show "Running Man" picked up the Daesang for Best Variety Show, with Kwang Soo grabbing an award for Best Variety Show New Star.  Apparently the microphone was set too low for his 190 cm (6'4") height, so the Kwangvatar decided to make the best of it:

7b4ed695.jpg
LOL I'm still laughing!!

And to start the day off properly, some new stills released by Channel A overnight -- our Bachelors filming on New Year's Day (booo!) send their smiles to everyone!!  But for everyone who is wondering where the heck is Sung Ha -- there he is!!  He was tweeting that he was on set filming, so finally we get a shot of him in all his Bachelor Glory!!

6dc9ca52.jpg

More to follow, so stay tuned!!

A little preview of Episode 5, kiddies.  Our Bachelor Boys end up in the Emergency Room after what could be aptly termed a "Vegetable Malfunction."  Heck, I don't care what it's called as long as we see more of these guys with their shirts off!!  wub.gif

40a86945.jpg

And yet another Promo Pic from the folks at Channel A, STILL trying to shove the "V6 DoLL" nickname for Our Bachelors down our collective throats.  As one of my online buddies said, "Screw that.  I'm calling them the 6PACK!!"  I hands-down agree -- 6PACK it is from now on!!

9fbf4260.jpg

Guest deeana88

I agree with Cherkell. The 6PACK is a much cooler name for our dear bachelors, really. The V6 DoLL doesn't actually apply to them. BVS, fighting!!!! Ji Chang Wook, fighting!!!! And Cherkell, thank you very much for the awesome update!!!  :w00t::wub: :wub: :wub:

Heh.  You guys have been busy posting -- and I have been lax in replying.  Sorry about that!!

I just watched Boyfriend's 내 여자 손대지마 MV. The girl in the MV is Lee Se Young aka Han Tae In, right?

Hi honeybees!  *waves*  Yup, that's her.  She's done quite a few MVs and acting gigs in her short lifetime -- she just turned 19 on 20 December.  I remember her most for playing the young Geum Young in the sageuk "Dae Jang Geum" sooo many moons ago.  How lucky is she to hang with the Boyfriend hotties, ne?

Anywhere I can download eng subtitles? :(

Hi barbie!  *waves*  Sorry hon, but no softsubs yet.  Not many outlets are taking on this project... I don't know if it's because it's a cable venture or that there's just way too many other dramas out there that are stretching the normal subbers (like me) real thin right now.  If I find any, I'll post back here and put a link to them on the front page ASAP!

coco,  you rock as usual!  Thanks for your submission -- I'll put this on the first page as well!!  MWAH!!

i have a question, is the real Ga On really dead? or she was just missing??

Hi LHRCN!  *waves*  Since we're already past the 4th episode, I don't think I'm giving away any spoilers by saying yes. She is officially dead, which is kinda sad because I really liked the character and the young actress who played her (Park So Yeong).  I hope we see lots more appearances by all the young cast members in future projects and will be rooting for them!  FIGHTING!!

Lots more to put up here today, and then I really need to stop and pack for my upcoming work trip.  I'm also in the process of fixing the broken picture links from the Soompi crash over the weekend.  See you back here shortly!!

haha I love CherKell's signature... "this is the result of eating all your vegetables" lmaoo!

But I can understand your spazzing over Ji Chang Wook..I go crazy too..sometimes there is a lack of oxygen supply in my head especially when he has that small smile or ....when he brings out that tongue. ahh drives me crazy everytime! haha...Good to know I'm not the only one going crazy over him. keke

I'm still not fully up to date on this drama..but I shall get on it right away. And it has Kwang Soo in it! I'm loving the cast ~

Ohayou minasan!  As to not help crash the Soompi Servers again with long wordy paragraphs and tons of pictures, I'll break the recaps into two parts this time around.

EPISODE 5 FULL RECAP, Part 1:

05a84a4c.jpg     01a0abb5.jpg

Back to where we were at the end of Episode 4, where Tae-yang arrives at the Market on his bicycle.  As Ga-on sees him, she reaches to wave but he rides right on by.  She flashes back to Tosa Jung firing him at their last meeting.  Tae-yang arrives at Tosa's office and proceed to ask for another chance -- that he just can't leave like that.  Tosa just stares back at him and glares.

840151fc.jpg     ed919b26.jpg

Tae-yang asks for a chance to pay him back for the damage he caused earlier with the mushroom fiasco.  The Tosa asks him if he's going to steal stuff to pay him back, but Tae-yang requests the opportunity to sell the veggies.  And then Tae-yang has the bright idea to ask a pissed-off man to lend him a TRUCK.  Amazingly, Tosa agrees and tosses him the keys to a truck... and orders him to bring the truck back filled with produce, from a farm listed on the card Tosa also hands to Tae-yang:  Gold Mountain Farm.

7dd0bd6b.jpg     37898d80.jpg

We then see Tae-yang driving one of the Market trucks out to the farm in the country, but not before placing Jin-shim's handmade lunchbox on the dash.  After another round of cheers, he arrives at Gold Mountain Farm.  After arriving, he takes one look around and sees that he's at a greenhouse with fig trees all around.  Tae-yang must have never seen figs before, because he thinks they look funny.  The Elder in charge comes out yelling at him and whaps Tae-yang upsides his head for touching his fruit with a bare hand (they bruise sooo easily)... and then asks who the hell he is coming there and touching his 'babies' with his sticky hands!

9eb8abd1.jpg     aa8853fb.jpg

Tae-yang pleads with the Elder to help save him and let him bring back all the figs to the Market upon the Tosa's orders , while the Elder crabs back at Tae-yang basically refusing to sell his 'babies' at any old market.  Tae-yang gets a face-full of water spray for the answer to his request, and after continuing to complain, almost gets hit over the head with the sprayer itself!  Tae-yang keeps apologizing to the Elder that he didn't know how special his fruits were, but then the Elder starts to yield to Tae-yang's pleas and tells him if he helps out with the picking all the figs in the greenhouse, he'll fill the truck with his harvest.  But if he damages any, Tae-yang will have to pay 3 times as much for the damage!

03c3df87.jpg     eb1a2380.jpg

Tae-yang sits amongst the fig trees, wondering how he's going to harvest all that by himself in one day and throws a mini-tantrum (I think this is the first time I've heard JCW actually utter "What the hell?!?")...  when he gets a bright idea and pulls out his phone.

41aedbff.jpg     3e888e17.jpg

He calls his hyungs, of course!!  Yoo-bong is off partying with some ajusshis (and some hookers) in what looks like an empty officetel.  (And remember ladies, in order to be thought of as a hooker in a Korean drama, just wear too many animal prints on your body at one time.)  He gets a text...

c35b4040.jpg     0f7d4cbe.jpg

Ho-jae is in a classroom listening to some professor drone on and on about cherry blossoms in the spring in Japan, when he gets a text too...  Chan-sol is wandering around his old dance studio practice areas, when he gets the last text...  it's Tae-yang asking for all of them to conference call in to him.

Ho-jae wonders why Tae-yang needs him to work at the Market, because there must be people who would be better than he to do that work -- he's more of a 'white collar' kind of guy.  Tae-yang tells everyone it's a team project and that if one bails, they fail.  He reminds his hyungs about their 'relationship' on the night they all got hammered.  Yoo-bong wants to know why Tae-yang wishes him to do hard labour... they only spent one night together (which statement raises an eyebrow from the hooker that Yoo-bong was in the process of seducing) and that doesn't mean they have a 'relationship' as hyungs.  Tae-yang said that was the first night in his life that he'd ever gotten that drunk and cried and was consoled.

Ho-jae asks really, that was what again?  Woo-bong is blaming that night all on the al-al-al-al-alcohol and his mood at that time.  Ho-jae diplomatically states that they should all chalk it up as a precious memory, be cool, and go their separate ways.  Tae-yang reminds them about the promise that they all made, to which Woo-bong and Ho-jae apologize for.  Chan-sol finally pipes up and asks who this is on the phone.  With a dejected sigh, Tae-yang tells them thanks and sorry to bother them and hangs up and the boys go back to what they were doing before getting interrupted.

3c18a7d3.jpg     a27e4216.jpg

The next scene we see Tae-in roaming through the shopping center parking lot, looking at all the car registration stickers to match up the one that she took a picture of at the fashion show.  When she finds Imo's car, she lets out a loud BINGO! and heads off towards the lobby.  There at the fitness center, we see a poster of a shirtless Seul-woo advertising the Fitness Center (YOWZA!!).  Tae-in asks a worker lady how she could meet the man in the poster, and she says that in order to meet the Junior President, she needs to become a member first... since he works out at the Center every day.  When Dan-bi walks by after finishing a workout, Tae-in asks if she is a member at the club as well, to which Worker Lady replies that Dan-bi is their Yoga Instructor.

998324aa.jpg     086c36bb.jpg

Seul-woo is there taking pictures of Dan-bi, apparently to promote her yoga classes because membership has been slipping.  (And not to disappoint all the samchuns out there, Dan-bi shows off her impressive S-line for the viewers.)  Seul-woo obviously does not want to be there at all.  Dan-bi tells Seul-woo that it's been over a year... and asks Seul-woo that it's time to make that announcement.  Seul-woo looks at her and says that he didn't realize it's been over a year.  It becomes apparent that they are ex-lovers, and Dan-bi is asking for Seul-woo to tell his Mom that they've broken up so that Dan-bi can get back in the dating market again.  Seul-woo pleads for a little bit longer to figure out how to tell his Mom, because Imo is so possessive of Dan-bi and already considers her the mother of her future grandchildren.  Hee!

70185d67.jpg    9e4d321c.jpg

Seul-woo goes over and sits on a balance ball to pull out his phone.  He and Dan-bi fight for the phone as Seul-woo wants to send his Mom a text about them breaking up... and both fall over as Tae-in walks into the studio asking if it was the right place for the yoga lessons.  Instead of answering, Seul-woo hands Tae-in his camera and tells her to take Dan-bi's picture instead so he can go upstairs and talk to his Mom.

b6cfc733.jpg     8686b51a.jpg

Meanwhile, later in that yoga class that Dan-bi is teaching, we see Tae-in as one of the students.  After class is over, Tae-in rushes up to her and asks if she would like to grab a beer with her.  Tae-in tells Dan-bi that she looks up to her as a mentor of sorts.  Dan-bi apologizes, but she does not meet with students outside of her classes.  When Tae-in tells her to think of she as a little sister, Dan-bi states that she doesn't need a little sister and leaves Tae-in standing there, sputtering "Whatever!"

2a133c6e.jpg     68d900d0.jpg

As Dan-bi gets ready to leave the Fitness Center, out of the corner of her eye she sees her mother climbing the stairs to the fitness center.  Dan-bi turns around, goes back to Tae-in, and links arms with her.  Mom hands off a case of side dishes to her, as Dan-bi says she can't stick around because she is off to have a beer with her chingu.  Mom asks when Dan-bi is returning home, and Dan-bi gets pissy and says she won't see either of them if they continued to talk to her like that.  (Like what?)  They exchange health pleasantries, and Mom asks how Seul-woo is getting on.  Thinking that she's said all she needs to say, Dan-bi leaves with Tae-in with her Mom still at the top of the stairs, looking back at them.  So we now have *another* character with mother issues.  Sheesh.

91d8aec1.jpg     dc4d63d4.jpg

At a bar thereafter, Tae-in and Dan-bi are having a beer when Dan-bi says they should leave.  Tae-in asks her if she's run away from home too, because Tae-in fought with her mom and dad, she left home as well.  (OOOOOH!!)  Tae-in is still guzzling beer after beer, while apologizing for over-reaching towards Dan-bi thinking they were kindred souls and tells Dan-bi she could leave now.  Dan-bi sits back down and finishes her beer... and in the next scene, we see Seul-woo piggybacking Tae-in to Dan-bi's apartment, asking if she is really gonna let Tae-in sleep over at her apartment.

a486ed17.jpg     b7ccdf6c.jpg

Back at Dan-bi's apartment, we see a passed-out Tae-in on her couch, as Seul-woo and Dan-bi converse nearby.  Dan-bi asks Seul-woo if she thinks Tae-in is cute, because she thinks so.  Seul-woo kinda agrees, but it's all a ruse, as Tae-in opens one eye to listen to their conversation.  Dan-bi says that she doesn't look like the type that Seul-woo's mother would approve of in a daughter-in-law, so give it up already.  Apparently what was said gets Tae-in's scamming mind working, and Seul-woo gets up to leave.  Dan-bi attempts to awaken Tae-in to tell her to go home, but she's having nothing of it.  Tae-in does eventually get up and calls her unni  while hugging Dan-bi in thanks for being a friend.  Dan-bi actually smiles over that.

7c335d75.jpg     7e440dbe.jpg

Meanwhile, it's 4:00 AM the next day and Tae-yang is at a bus station waiting for the last bus from Seoul to arrive.  As the last person gets of and the doors close, Tae-yang looks dejected and starts walking away.  But wait for it... the bus doors open again and the hyungs have decided after all to help Tae-yang out at the farm!!   Tae-yang is beside himself and can barely stop jumping around in delight.  As soon as the bros disembark, Yoo-bong and Chan-sol starts crabbing at each other because Yoo-bong was snoring like a dragon.  Ho-jae starts over-analyzing Yoo-bong's health situation with the snoring (can lead to high blood pressure, heart arrythmia, sleep apnea... and a flaccid penis. (LOL LOL LOL!!!)  Tae-yang rounds them all up and they head out for the farm.

b9995ea9.jpg

[Cut to Commercial Break #1]

75ad8341.jpg     1f2a0226.jpg

Tae-yang gives his hyungs a quick tour of the greenhouse where they will be working... and, of course, a loud HWAITING!!! cheer as well.  There are several ajummas also there to help out with the harvest -- they start sizing up these young pups and start clucking in disapproval.  Tae-yang starts in with his charming words to show the ajummas that he's not all talk and more action.  The hyungs  are jealous of him, even though the ajummas highly approve of the bright and shiny faces to look at while they pick the figs.  "Flower boys for the flower harvest," they giggle.  Tae-yang sputters that they're there to pick the fruits, not flowers.  The ajumma in charge tells the boys that's why the Elder left them in charge instead of the hyungs -- they don't know the details of a fig whatsoever!!  (You pick the flower of the tree, which is the fig part.  Hell, even *I* knew that...)

e23e8ff9.jpg  d43c8c15.jpg     

Ho-jae grabs a fig leaf and starts expounding on the whole Adam-and-Eve story, as he brings the fig leaf down in front of his, um... lower half.  The ajummas start giggling uncontrollably, so that must have broken the ice with them.  Woo-bong asks Ho-jae why is it with all his knowledge, that he can't get Interview One at a big corporation.  Then Chan-sol starts crabbing that with all that knowledge, this is why Ho-jae comes off as a cold and calculating member of society.  Ho-jae calls him an idiot, and then all three of them start bickering again, when Tae-yang tells them to wait and stop (in English!) their crabbing, since it's not the time nor place to do that.  Let's go pick some figs, ne?

8cce0cd3.jpg     bb3084d9.jpg

The boys get changed into typical ajumma-type clothing, as Tae-yang hands them each plastic gloves to wear over their regular gloves.  Tae-yang then goes into a master class on How To Pick a Fig 101.  He says to watch him carefully, to not be too rough in picking the fruits, and goes over to pluck a perfectly ripe fig off the nearest tree.  He also reminds them that if a fig gets ruined due to their carelessness, there's a fee of paying 3 times what the individual fig is worth.  (Out here in Northern California, figs are going for about $4.99 a pound, so that's a lot of won to be dropped for their carelessness.  But I digress...)  Think of the fig like a grenade, and handle it very gently.

e9f59d2f.jpg     070a383a.jpg

A whopping huge montage of Our Heroes harvesting the fruits goes on for quite some time -- they do look rather cute doing the work, though.  (The OST Part 1 song "Be My Girl" is playing in the background while all this is going on.)  All of a sudden, it's daylight outside and our boys haven't had anything to eat or drink for hours.  Chan-sol is looking at his face in a silver mirror he packed, while putting BB Cream on his cheeks.  As the other boys stare at him, he explains that as an entertainer, he needs to keep his porcelain skin.  Tae-yang tells the others to take a break, which they gladly do.  But then they feel guilty because they're all sitting down while Tae-yang continues to work on.  Tae-yang says it's not a problem with him because he needs to finish that tree, and tells them to just rest comfortably.

6e9e9d7f.jpg     6bc96575.jpg

Tae-yang looks over to the ajummas on break and pouring out iced tea (and I believe makkolli) to drink.  As the boys look longingly at the liquid refreshment (which the ajummas are not sharing, BTW), Tae-yang gets another bright idea.  HE WHIPS OFF HIS SHIRT, complaining that it's getting too hot in the greenhouse to work with it on, as he sloooooowly lifts up his undershirt ever-so-slightly over his upper chest to expose those gorgeous chocolate abs of his for all to see.  By standing there in all his undershirt-wearing glory and flexing his muscles, one ajumma takes notice and runs over with a large cup of tea for Tae-yang.  We then get another slow-motion scene of Tae-yang as the camera pans in on his sweaty body and Adam's apple as he drinks down the tea... omo omo omo......  ::faintsdead::

c57fe53d.jpg    679bb9f2.jpg

5c9126ee.jpg     4a170ae9.jpg

(And honestly, it broke my heart to have to resize those screencaps because the Soompi Servers wouldn't take bigger ones.  AJA AJA AJA!!! ::drool:: )

a4fd7f72.jpg     04df3897.jpg

Where was I?  Oh yeah... Tae-yang finishes his tea, as the hyungs look on jealously.  Chan-sol suddenly gets the same idea, and rolls up the sleeves of his hoodie to show off his own well-toned arms (truly magnificent!!) as the other ajummas run over to him to offer some tea.  More slow-motion pawing and grabbing and fawning over Chan-sol, as the other two non-disrobing boys attempt to get some of the tea without having to disrobe.  The ajummas just push them away, and Yoo-bong and Ho-jae fall into the dirt (hee!).

75f0a608.jpg     66a8b684.jpg

Continued in Part 2!

EPISODE 5 MINI-RECAP, Part 2:

We're back with the ajummas sitting off to the side, still snickering at Our Bachelors as they preen and strut their stuff for the ladies.  The ajummas look at each other and wonder when the boys will "start crying."  Suddenly, the boys start itching uncontrollably for some unknown reasons.  Ho-jae says he thinks he's on fire!!  Tae-yang thinks it's food poisoning, until Woo-bong reminds him they haven't had anything to eat since they arrived.  Chan-sol is the worst off of the four, and asks Tae-yang to take a look at his back and why it hurts so much.  Tae-yang takes a picture but really doesn't want to show it to Chan-sol, until Chan-sol wrestles the phone out of Tae-yang's grasp -- he's broken out in hives all over his back!!  The ajummas starts laughing and the boys run off yelling and scratching.

The next scene is Our Heroes at a local emergency room getting patched up and wrapped up in bandages, while a voiceover from the doctor explains they all had an allergic reaction to the fig leaves ("Didn't anyone tell you that you would get a reaction if you're scratched by a fig leaf?")  They all stare up at the ceiling and flashback to the ajummas laughing themselves silly watching the bare-chested boys roam around the fig trees.  Here we finally see an undershirted Ho-jae (no slouch in the hot arms department there either!), who asks "Where did all the innocent humanity in the countryside go?"  Chan-sol starts crying because his welts may leave scars, and he's worked so hard to make his body that perfect.  He also yells at Ho-jae for not remembering the part about the leaves when he was philsophising about the figs when they arrived at the greenhouse... because that's why Ho-jae can't find a job!

Those two start poking at each other, when Tae-yang gets up to leave to go back and finish up picking the figs.  Chan-sol absolutely refuses and tells Tae-yang to kill him first.  He apologizes to the other hyungs for what he put them through today, and hands over a wad of money for their bus fare back to Seoul.  Tae-yang says he's really sorry will make it up to them for all their pain... someday.  When Woo-bong asks if he was going back alone, Tae-yang says that he believed the Elder was testing him... and that he won't lose quietly.  Woo-bong waves him off as he leaves.

Meanwhile, back at the Market, we see Ga-on busy with inventory-taking and general market work going on.  As she sees an ajusshi roll in on one of the forklifts with another worker on the back, she flashes back to the times that Tae-yang gave her rides around the Market.  The Chief then comes over and snaps her out of her daydream by telling her that she's working hard and that they didn't expect that from her.  Chief tells Ga-on that he's doing fine... but he isn't (meaning Tae-yang).  The Chief is annoyed that she was the one that orchestrated his firing after he worked so hard to get a menial job at the Market.  Ga-on makes an apology that she's too busy to talk, as the Chief tells her that Tae-yang has even made a bet with the Tosa, and no one ever wins a bet with the Tosa.  She walks off in a huff, leaving the Chief behind.

Back at the farm, we see Tae-yang sitting on the ground still harvesting the figs.  He's having trouble gripping the fruit with his bandaged hands, so he unwraps them as we see they're all cut-up and bleeding.  He gingerly pulls on his work gloves to continue, but as he pulls away with a fig, he sees that the fig has been squashed.  Tae-yang starts asking the fig why it gave up... after all it's been through with the wind and weather, to just give up like that?  (Now he's become the FRUIT WHISPERER.)  He tells the fig to basically grow some stones and hold on to the end, even if he gets beaten up... just like Tae-yang is trying to do with his own life.  Pass me the kleenex, please...

Ga-on returns home from the Market, and heads straight to her hiding place room behind the bookcase.  It's decorated almost like the room she had growing up at the orphanage.  She unlocks a drawer in her desk, sits back and hugs a pillow, and says to the room that she has returned from work.  A voice asks her if her day was a hard one, and she nods.  A hand then reaches for something in the desk drawer, and we see it's the Young Tae-yang picking up the pager that he gave her 11 years ago and goes to hand it to her.  He asks Jin-shim if he can put the battery in the pager for her, because he wants to page her.  She doesn't give him an answer...

Back at the farm, Tae-yang is talking to the Elder about the figs.  The Elder sees what sad shape Tae-yang is in, and asks why he continues to put his body through such pain.  Doesn't he know that the Elder had played a trick on him?  Tae-yang knows and tells him so.  The Elder doesn't let up, and tells Tae-yang that he may have other tricks up his sleeve.  Tae-yang says he has to follow through and bring back a truck full of produce from Gold Mountain Farms, and even though it's unfair and a cheap way of going about it, he has to follow the Elder's instructions.  The Elder reminds him that he can't give him the fig harvest... because his 'babies' are so precious, they're already spoken for.  Tae-yang looks like he was just hit in the head with a brick.  As the Elder wanders off, Tae-yang yells at him to find out what he must do to become the owner of the figs!  

Much later, we see the other boys sitting on the bed of the truck, eating figs for dinner as they wait for Tae-yang to come outside.  Chan-sol just wants to head back to Seoul right away, while Woo-bong wants to wait, just in case Tae-yang might get into an accident or something driving alone in his condition on the way back.  Ho-jae says that if they go in to check on Tae-yang, they'll get guilty again for not helping out.  Chan-sol is still being a big baby about everything, telling the other two to decide -- keep this loyalty or throw it away, like Chan-sol is doing.

Tae-yang and the Elder walk out to the edge of the farm, as Tae-yang thanks him and says he's learned a lot today from the Elder.  The Elder wonders what the heck has such a greenie learned from him, as we flashback to what the Elder told him earlier about wearing several layers of gloves will not help your hands from still getting cut and scarred.  The Elder tells Tae-yang that the only one who can understand his hands, will be the eventual owner of his figs.  There needs to be something that a person can do with their life staked on it... and the Elder has staked his life on his figs for so long.  Elder invokes the God-like name of Park Ji Sung (the midfielder for Manchester United -- yes, I'm a footie fan too), in that his body is all messed up but can still score.  Tae-yang tells the Elder that mostly he's learned that if you don't know anything, don't bullcrap around (he didn't actually say "crap" but the other word that will get bleeped here on Soompi... and that's the SECOND time in my life I've heard JCW swear!!).  He's now even more determined to open up his own vegetable stand now.  He will study hard and not be a bother to other Elders like the farm owner.  They say their goodbyes at the edge of the farm as Tae-yang walks down the road and into the sunrise. (Beautiful scenery being filmed here... sigh.)

Back at the Market, Tae-yang goes into to see the Tosa, claiming that he has returned with a truckload of products.  The Tosa is annoyed that this little twerp has returned, and with a truck full of harvest, no less!  Tae-yang tells him that he's not a foolish boy either.  They both go back to the truck, where the other hyungs are hanging out.  Tosa throws back the tarp to inspect the shipment, which he asks is actually from Gold Mountain Farms.  Tae-yang says it most definitely is, and shows him his scratched and oozing hands.  The hyungs run up and show Tosa their beat-up hands as well.  The Tosa rolls back part of the tarp covering the product, and it turns out to be a truckload of sweet potatoes instead.  (GOGAMAS!!! for those of you who will get that reference...)  Woo-bong is besides himself, thinking that Tae-yang got royally ripped-off when they came back with a shipment of sweet potatoes instead of the figs they almost died from picking.

As the Tosa is trying to make sense out of what they boys have done, Tae-yang tells him that the Elder from Gold Mountain Farms has a message for him.  Tae-yang whips out his iPhone and shows Tong a film of the farmer talking about why he didn't send the boys off with the figs, as he had promised them to his neighbors instead.  It really doesn't matter what they brought back to the Market, as long as it was from Gold Mountain Farms, right?  So don't give Tae-yang a hard time and make sure you keep your promise to him.  As the Tosa walks away back to his office, Tae-yang tells him that he is taking the truck from now on.  If he is truly a Tosa, then act like one and keep your promise.  The Tosa stops and reminds the boys to make sure they leave the sweet potatoes at the Market, and he walks off with a smile.  The boys go nuts and start unloading the boxes and tells Tae-yang that he's freakin' awesome (but we all knew that already...).

At a ritzy spa, we see Crazy Mom getting her nails done, when her lackey assistant comes in while she's to remind her they're going to be late for their next appointment.  Looks like they're going somewhere special... as we then cut to a local orphanage where Crazy Mom has arranged for some of her society friends to help out with kimchi making for the orphans as part of her way of 'giving back' to the community on Christmas Day.  Whatever.  Ga-on is also there helping out making kimchi and playing with the kids, when she suddenly flashes back to the time that Young Tae-yang brought over his latest kimchi creation for her to taste while sitting over at the old van clubhouse.  Ga-on starts tearing up, as Crazy Mom walks over and snorts at her to pull herself together.  Whatever again!

We're now looking at a dirt road leading up to the orphanage, where Tae-in is walking in her fancy kill heels with a container of kimchi herself.  A large black car is following behind slowly, and as the window rolls down, it's Ga-on's Fake Dad inside.  The car is attempting to go around Tae-in as she slowly meanders down the path. When the car finally has a chance to pass, Fake Dad extends his greetings to Tae-in and asks if she's heading for the orphanage.  When she answers in the affirmative, Fake Dad says that he will see her there and they speed off.  Tae-in is pissed off and vows to have one of those expensive cars someday...

Ga-on sits drinking kopi and watches the orphans at play in the yard.  Mom comes over to try and make Ga-on stop reminiscing about her days at the orphanage for fear of them getting caught in their little game.  All of a sudden, Crazy Mom looks over at a little girl playing on top of the monkey bars and thinks she sees Young Ga-on there about ready to fall off and hurt herself.  Crazy Mom starts running towards the little girl, calling out "Ga-on!  Ga-on!", grabs her to keep from falling, and then goes into a freak-out while hugging the poor child to death on the snowy ground.  Ga-on rushes over and tells her to stop and pull herself together, because Fake Dad is there watching this whole scene!!

Tae-in finally arrives with her kimchi bucket in tow, as Crazy Mom is being held up and escorted out by Fake Dad.  Tae-in takes one look at her and her face goes all white with surprise!  She stares at them as they walk away.  Later, Crazy Mom is in bed as Ga-on tends to her (showing us the fake birthmark tattoo the whole time). After awhile, Ga-on comes down to see Fake Dad at their kitchen bar, having a drink.  As Ga-on pours herself one to join him, she starts apologizing for Crazy Mom's actions at the orphanage.  They talk for awhile, and then Fake Dad asks Ga-on a certain question that make Ga-on stutter and go blank herself... UH OH!!

And we end Episode 5!

PREVIEW:  More cutesy scenes of the contest that Tae-yang and Ga-on have both entered, with much more bickering between the two.  The other boys try to decide what they're going to do next.  And yet even MORE bickering between Tae-yang and Ga-on!  Geesus, just get a room already, you two!! 

Okay, I really need to rush to the airport for my flight this morning.  I'll flesh out (no pun intended) the screencaps on the plane -- I have a 14-hour ride staring me in the face, so I'll need something to keep me occupied.  And you think I'm leaving you all without a teaser photo?  A ha ha ha ha HELL NO!!  I must have taken at least 100 screencaps of this scene alone.  Witness the Work of Art that our Lead Bachelor has decided to share with us -- no stunt double used here, peeps.  Commence squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeing NOW!!

03e23136.jpg

Seeyas tomorrow (technically will be Friday in that time zone)!!

Guest honeybees

@ CherKell hi! *waves back* Tae In looks so pretty in the MV :) and yes, she's so lucky to be the lead girl in the MV. are you a fan of Boyfriend too?

and thank you so much for the recap! i don't know what would i do if you didn't do the recap. and i freakin' love the screencap of JCW's abs :P

thank you again!

Archived