[Drama 2011] Bachelor's Vegetable Store 총각네 야채가게

cherkell

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EPISODE 6, Part 1:  (screencaps to be added later)

Good News:  Channel A is on the cable system at my hotel!!!  Bad News:  There was no sound!! ARRRRRGH!!! ::headdesk::  So I jumped on my MBP and watched from there.  Oh well, I'll try my best with this outing...

Back to where we left off in Episode 5... Ga-on is in the den with her Fake Dad having a drink.  She tells him that Crazy Mom has finally fell asleep, but then Fake Dad asks Ga-on a question that he's always wanted answered ever since she was a little girl.  That freaks out Ga-on too much and she almost drops the pitcher of juice.  Fake Dad decides instead to ask if the work she is doing is hard, and she says it's okay and she likes it.  Ga-on then reminds Fake Dad that she needs to get up early the next day and leaves to get some sleep.  She goes back to the hidden room behind her bookcase, and unlocks her desk while crying.  She pulls out the pager again, plus one of the old pictures of Jin-shim and Ga-on at the picture studio.

Back at the gosiwon, Tae-yang is still trying to knock some sense into Tae-in and her golddigger ways.  She's not buying any of it, while reading a fashion magazine and crabbing back at him instead about finding a rich husband.   (Side note: what she's reading is a copy of SURE Magazine, the same rag that will feature a very hot Ji Chang Wook in its January 2012 edition.  Totally random!!)  Tae-in tells her he has to leave early to get back to the Market for his next work assignment.

We then see Tae-yang back at the Market with the Chief, as the Chief is going over a large map of Korea and telling Tae-yang the various provinces and their fruit and/or vegetable specialities, being noted with cutesy animated bits as Tae-yang makes his own notes and draws his versions of cartoon vegetables (I'll have to look at the screencaps for some examples, as they scrolled too fast through this segment to make notes).  Inside another part of the Market, Ga-on walks in on the two Goofy Guys on the phone with Tosa Kang (the President of the Market), who is yelling at them to send someone out to one of the provinces to help at a local market there.  They look over to Ga-on, and as their chief lackey and errand girl, decide to send her instead.

As Ga-on leaves the Market Office, she runs into Tae-yang standing outside the door.  Ga-on asks him what he was doing there, because basically dude, I think I got you fired a few days ago.  Tae-yang asks her what she was still doing there, and Ga-on replies that she's the new auctioneer.  Tae-yang mulls that over in his pea-sized brain for awhile.  The two Goofy Guys come out and yell at her to get going, and then Tae-yang comes up behind them and says 'that woman is rather scary, no?'  The Goofy Guys agree... and then realize it's the guy that allegedly got fired by Tosa Kang and what is he doing back at the Market?  Apparently, that's too many questions for Tae-yang to answer, so he takes off.

In what will end up being a running theme throughout this whole series, we see Tae-yang in the Market truck studying the map that he has marked up with all the special growing areas.  He looks up at the dash of his truck, and sitting there is the fabric lunchbox that Jin-shim made him 11 years prior.  Tae-yang asks Jin-shim (through the lunchbox, of course) if he's doing the right thing and all that.  (At this point, I would pay good money to see the lunchbox talk back.  Hee.)

Ga-on is at a local farmers' market talking with the ahjumma that she's been sent out to assist with during their annual Dried Persimmon Festival.  (YUM!!  I love persimmons!!  These look like they're the Fuyu-type, being the ones with the flatter bottoms, as compared to the Hachiya-type, which are more rounded in nature.  But I digress... making note to self to buy some while I'm in Japan...)  The ahjumma is aghast that Tosa Kang would send a WOMAN (gasp!!) to help her out with her sales this year, but with Ga-on bringing a case of drinks with her, she slowly wins over the ajumma and is put to work.

Next we see a montage of Ga-on and the ajumma peeling, coring, and hanging up the persimmons to dry on a special hanging thingy.  Ga-on stops for a breather, and notices a whole bunch of ajummas clustered around the vendor stand next to hers.  They're obviously excited about something, as then we see Tae-yang pop up from underneath the table there with two persimmons in his hands... and then what I hope will be explained in the subs, holds them up to his chest like they were breasts.  (Oh you writers... a ha ha ha ha hunh?)

The ajumma-in-charge at that vendor stand and her fellow ladies are all this/short of pawing the poor boy to death (and that is different why?), and then Tae-yang looks over to see Ga-on staring at him.  After some words of recognition, Tae-yang's ajumma whacks him to remind him who *he's* working for - not the neighbor lady, that's for sure (apparently they're rival ajummas).  Neighbor ajumma comes over to give her some grief, and then Tae-yang suggests that he and Ga-on have some sort of contest to see who's the better worker at their respective persimmon stands.

We then see Tae-yang and Ga-on hanging up the persimmon drying tarps after washing them for the ajummas.  They fight over clothesline space, with Tae-yang giving a nice hip-check to Ga-on that sends her flying.  He wins the Clothesline Battle!  They talk a bit over the clothesline as they hang up the remaining tarps to dry.

She then suggests another contest -- seed spitting!  (But but but... persimmons don't have seeds big enough to spit.  WTF?)  Tae-yang lines up that precious mouth of his, takes aim, and SPIT!  We see the seed flying through the air in slow-motion, and it lands on the ground a good distance away.  Ga-on lines up for her turn, takes aim, and SPIT!!  Ditto with the slow-motion flight, and her seed lands on the ground a good 18" past Tae-yang's seed.  Round Two goes to Ga-on!!

Ga-on takes a break and then walks back to her ahjumma's vendor stand... where she sees that Tae-yang has already hung her dried tarp behind their stand for her.  She smiles...

Commercial Break #1 -- the cable is running an ad for Glico Winter Pocky instead of the Wooribank one I'm getting on my laptop.  I'll stop here and finish up in Part 2 so I can spam this post with screencaps later.  Mata ne!

EPISODE 6, Part 2:  (screencaps to be added later)

After the break, we see Tae-yang singing and dancing with his ahjumma's persimmons, much to the delight of the other vendor ladies.  His ahjumma gives him a hard time and tells him to concentrate, when Tae-yang charms her again and suggests a way to bring in more customers.  The persimmons that are not selling are getting mushy, so why not make jam out of them?  A small montage of jam-making Tae-yang follows thereafter.  But what is this?  Ga-on's ahjumma has way more customers at her stand than at Tae-yang's stand -- they're buying up everything in sight!  A bit later, Ga-on's ahjumma comes over to Tae-yang's ahjumma with an envelope (and here's where I'm flying blind at the translation) she wanted to get rid of her stock first so that's why she put everything on deep discount, so basically she lost the contest and here's their winnings, because they won't win with persimmon jam being sold next to her.  I think.

Later that night, Tae-yang and Ga-on are cleaning up the mess left by the two persimmon ahjummas.  We see another small montage of them with wheelbarrows carting the skins and cores from the persimmons to the compost bins, while "Be My Girl" plays in the background.  Ga-on trips and her wheelbarrow goes over, as Tae-yang runs into her and his wheelbarrow goes over too.  They're laying on the persimmon skins and laughing, and then look at each other with the stirrings of something to come.  But it's a cute part nonetheless, and we can see them slooooooowly getting to know each other better.

Tae-yang returns to his truck, and talks to his lunchbox again. Sigh.

Now it's the next day, and we're at Seulwoo Headquarters, where Imo is going over some paperwork with her assistant (played by Jang Jae Ho).  The assistant is telling Imo of the gossip about Crazy Mom's meltdown at the orphanage the other day, and when Imo wants to know more, Seul-woo himself bursts into Imo's office to give her a hard time over something.  Apparently he wants to do more at the company (than sit around and polish his Porsche, I'm guessing).  Imo is against that, and they bicker back-and-forth for awhile.  Lots of WAE? WAE?!? coming out of Seul-woo's mouth.  All of a sudden, Imo reaches down to the table in front of them, and grabs the keys to his beloved Porsche!  Tantrum time for Baby Seul-woo!!

(Had to reload the site here, so I missed a few scenes.)  Seul-woo then flashes back to several instances where he has run into Ga-on before, and then lays back on top of his car having a mini-tantrum again.

At a bar later than night with Dan-bi, discussing what could Seul-woo possibly do at the company that would make him happy.  They banter back-and-forth for a bit, when Seul-woo gets up to leave and reminds Dan-bi that she needs to be somewhere.  Her face gets all clouded, and in the next scene we see her in front of a house with a white picket fence (really, writers?  REALLY?).  Dan-bi hesitates to ring the doorbell, and then looks over at the front window of the house to see a memorial service table set up in the living room with a picture of someone... that we soon find out is Dan-bi's real mother that passed away.

Second Wife greets her at the door as Dan-bi sleepwalks into the living room and kneels in front of the memorial altar.  Dan-bi's father (the Market President guy) comes into the living room and starts yelling at her, asking why she hasn't come sooner to visit.  Then after some crabbing at each other, President Guy tells Dan-bi if she's going to continue acting that way, that she should just leave.  Dan-bi agrees with that statement and gets up to leave... but not before grabbing her real mother's funeral portrait and walking out with it.  Second Wife follows her out to the fence pleading for Dan-bi to stay, but Dan-bi is outta there.

The next morning, Tae-yang is in the Market truck visiting various fruit and veggie vendors while helping them stack boxes and sampling their produce.  In between farm visits, Tae-yang is munching down on the items given to him at that stop... he ends up singing to a cherry tomato before popping it into his mouth (gasp!!), and takes a big ol' bite out of an Asian pear with juice dripping down his chin (gasp again!!)... but in his next-to-last stop, Tae-yang starts singing the same song that young Tae-in was singing while young Ga-on was playing her violin when they were selling his watercress at their local market.  (That sound you just heard was my heart breaking in a gazillion pieces.)

Tae-yang gets another one of his bright ideas, and pulls over to the side of the road to make a phone call.  He's attempting to talk his hyungs into joining him in a proposed business venture -- a rolling produce stand!  Ho-jae is at a library studying, and is attempting to analyze the situation yet again, Chan-sol is at yet another audition, and Woo-bong is... at a greenhouse tending to some plants.  Hunh?!?  All three of them pretty much dismiss the idea of working with Tae-yang again, especially after all the pain and suffering they went through at the fig harvest, yell ANIYO! in unison and hang up.  LOL!

Commercial Break #2.  Nothing significant to report; just another yummy Seung-ki CF to drool over ::sigh::

The next day we see Woo-bong coming out of his house with a large bowl, which turns out to be scraps that he's bringing to his puppy chained up in his front yard.  He talks to his puppy like that's his only friend in the world.  Later that night, Woo-bong is sitting at his dining table chowing down on some ears of corn, while wrapped up in a blanket and watching informercials on TV.  Some saleslady pushing puffy down coats gets his interest, but he starts crabbing back at the TV while munching on his corn cobs.  (Would this be his Mom hawking stuff on a home shopping network?  I guess we'll see eventually.)  Woo-bong is slowly being drawn into purchasing one of the coats and picks up his phone, but decides against it because he has no money and shuts off the TV.  Extremely frustrated (and taking it out on the poor television), he pulls the blanket over his head and we pan away from the house as Woo-bong screams at the top of his lungs....

We then see Ho-jae at a local school classroom and asks one of the students there if he is in the right place.  As he goes to sit down, a snotty student starts giving him grief over his demanding a certain desk and pushes him around a bit.  Ho-jae eventually backs down and as he goes to sit, the snotty student picks up the desk and brings it down hard on his right foot, just as the professor comes in and throws Ho-jae out of the classroom.  Ho-jae is then seen leaving a local clinic, where he obviously has a broken toe and a boot on his foot.  He sighs and sits down on a bench and stares at the sky for awhile, when his phone starts ringing.  It's his mom, and Ho-jae stuffs his phone in his pocket instead and goes back to staring at the sky...

It's Chan-sol's turn next.  We see him primping in a mirror, which turns out to be at a Host Bar (the female version of the ubiquitous Hostess Bar).  Apparently it's Chan-sol's first night there, and the Head Guy is going to bring him to his biggest-paying clients in order to break him in.  They enter the norebang and Chan-sol is immediately sized up by the women inside as being too green to be "usable."  ::snort::  Chan-sol makes a move to leave the room, but the Head Guy stops him and attempts to talk to the ladies (and I use that term loosely) first.  The next thing we see is Chan-sol jumping up on the table and plopping on the couch next to the most pissy noona.  He gets all aegyo with her and then gives her a big hug, which apparently loosens her up some.  Now it's sunrise of the next morning, and we see Chan-sol sitting on the steps leading down to the subway, drinking some juice when he pulls a crumpled bill out of his pocket.  He unfolds it and we see it's a 10,000 won note (about $8.75 USD), so what he went through for only 8 bucks brings tears to his eyes...

It's 7:32 AM now, and Tae-yang is at the Market staring at his watch.  He turns around to see Woo-bong standing there, telling Tae-yang he'll join his business venture.  Tae-yang is besides himself, and hugs Woo-bong until he can't breathe any more.  While they're jumping around for joy, Tae-yang sees Ho-jae arriving at the market, and dumps Woo-bong onto the ground to go welcome Ho-jae instead.  They hop around for a bit, when Chan-sol arrives, being dragged there by a young lady.  It turns out that this is Chan-sol's sister, Hong Jung-ah (Lee Eun), and virtually throws Chan-sol at the other hyungs, saying they need to take care of him because she can't.

The next 5 minutes or so is spent on a montage of Our Bachelors sitting around a table and discussing the pictures they drew of what their delivery vehicle should look like, then taking the Market truck and tricking it out with paint and other truck-like fittings (and having an extremely squeeeeee-worthy paint fight in the process).  The last scene is Tae-yang taking their corporate sign and hanging it off the back awning... and a new business is born!   We end Episode 6 with the boys falling asleep to Ho-jae doing his presentation of their Corporate Business Plan with slides and graphs and a pointer and.... LOL freakin' LOL!!

PREVIEW:  The hyungs attempt to make inroads into the already-crowded produce market by dressing up in character costumes.  The boys are being harassed by Dan-bi for parking their truck too close to the Market.  Some thugs attack them to drive them out of business, and Seul-woo jumps in to drive away the attackers.  And we see a hurt Tae-yang on the ground with a busted lip.

Thanks for all your support and patience, minasan.  But since I've been awake for about 29 hours straight (and it's now 12:10 AM here in Sapporo), I'm gonna catch up on some sleep before I head out to my meetings.  I'll post the screencaps to both this week's episodes when I get back to my room.  Oyasumi nasai... zzzzzzzzzzz

cf2bfc58.jpg

Hi everyone :)

If you didn't know already or you want viki to upload faster, you can watch the drama on kimchidramas.net with subs. They usually translate it one day after the episode is released, so they're fast... really fast xD

I hope you enjoy watching it :D

LOL, episode 6 was adorable! I finally see/feel chemistry between the 2 leads. I guess it was just a matter of them actually being in the same place together. biggrin.gif Dramacrazy also has all the episodes up and subbed. 

How long will it take them to realize who the other person is? (I wonder) How many episodes is this drama supposed to be? Thanks again for the great recaps, CherKell! 

Guest kayana20

LOL, episode 6 was adorable! I finally see/feel chemistry between the 2 leads. I guess it was just a matter of them actually being in the same place together. *quoted image* Dramacrazy also has all the episodes up and subbed. 

How long will it take them to realize who the other person is? (I wonder) How many episodes is this drama supposed to be? Thanks again for the great recaps, CherKell! 

It's supposed to be 24 and wow there are so many hot guys in this show. Did they show the shirtless scene yet?

[

PREVIEW:  The hyungs attempt to make inroads into the already-crowded produce market by dressing up in character costumes.  The boys are being harassed by Dan-bi for parking their truck too close to the Market.  Some thugs attack them to drive them out of business, and Seul-woo jumps in to drive away the attackers.  And we see a hurt Tae-yang on the ground with a busted lip.

Thanks for all your support and patience, minasan.  But since I've been awake for about 29 hours straight (and it's now 12:10 AM here in Sapporo), I'm gonna catch up on some sleep before I head out to my meetings.  I'll post the screencaps to both this week's episodes when I get back to my room.  Oyasumi nasai... zzzzzzzzzzz.

As always..your spoilers are the best..but go to bed dearw00t.gif!!

It's supposed to be 24 and wow there are so many hot guys in this show.  Did they show the shirtless scene yet?

24 episodes? Thanks! 

Then we've probably got a ways to go before the 2 leads figure out who each other are. I hope that doesn't drag out too long, I want them to know NOW. laugh.gif Yep, the shirtless scene was in episode 5. All I can say is YUMMY. I think episode 6 is my favorite so far. Ji Chang Wook's wink is simply breath-taking. LOL! I loved it when he stuck his tongue out at her too. tongue.gif

Guest kayana20

24 episodes? Thanks! 

Then we've probably got a ways to go before the 2 leads figure out who each other are. I hope that doesn't drag out too long, I want them to know NOW. *quoted image* Yep, the shirtless scene was in episode 5. All I can say is YUMMY. I think episode 6 is my favorite so far. Ji Chang Wook's wink is simply breath-taking. LOL! I loved it when he stuck his tongue out at her too. *quoted image*

What he has always been sexy even with that wink. I tried watching Smile Donghae for him but no one would sub it so I watched the subbed ones to see his sexiness.Yes if it's 24 we have a long way to go for feelings to develop, misunderstandings to go away, and for love to build. I wonder if she will remember him if he keeps sticking his tongue out or does anything from their childhood?Yay love shirtless scenes. Sigh I have too many drama's to watch it's ridiculous.I will wait till 10 then give it a try.

I just finished watching 6th episode. I love it so far. The scenes between the bachelors are really cute. And Taeyang always say "I knew you would come" to the boys though he just said to himself "I know there will not come." lol It's weird because both Taeyang and 'Gaon' still don't know each other name. I guess it will be a big suprise when they found out. oh, they almost know when Taeyang wanted to take 'Gaon' back to Seoul (but he didn't t_t )in ep6. One thing, can someone clarify me what is the page that young Taeyang gave to young Jin Shim back then? I still can't understand the term pit-pit hahahaa

After the break, we see Tae-yang singing and dancing with his ahjumma's persimmons, much to the delight of the other vendor ladies.  His ahjumma gives him a hard time and tells him to concentrate, when Tae-yang charms her again and suggests a way to bring in more customers.  The persimmons that are not selling are getting mushy, so why not make jam out of them?  A small montage of jam-making Tae-yang follows thereafter.  But what is this?  Ga-on's ahjumma has way more customers at her stand than at Tae-yang's stand -- they're buying up everything in sight!  A bit later, Ga-on's ahjumma comes over to Tae-yang's ahjumma with an envelope (and here's where I'm flying blind at the translation) she wanted to get rid of her stock first so that's why she put everything on deep discount, so basically she lost the contest and here's their winnings, because they won't win with persimmon jam being sold next to her.  I think.

Later that night, Tae-yang and Ga-on are cleaning up the mess left by the two persimmon ahjummas.  We see another small montage of them with wheelbarrows carting the skins and cores from the persimmons to the compost bins, while "Be My Girl" plays in the background.  Ga-on trips and her wheelbarrow goes over, as Tae-yang runs into her and his wheelbarrow goes over too.  They're laying on the persimmon skins and laughing, and then look at each other with the stirrings of something to come.  But it's a cute part nonetheless, and we can see them slooooooowly getting to know each other better.

Tae-yang returns to his truck, and talks to his lunchbox again. Sigh.

Now it's the next day, and we're at Seulwoo Headquarters, where Imo is going over some paperwork with her assistant (played by Jang Jae Ho).  The assistant is telling Imo of the gossip about Crazy Mom's meltdown at the orphanage the other day, and when Imo wants to know more, Seul-woo himself bursts into Imo's office to give her a hard time over something.  Apparently he wants to do more at the company (than sit around and polish his Porsche, I'm guessing).  Imo is against that, and they bicker back-and-forth for awhile.  Lots of WAE? WAE?!? coming out of Seul-woo's mouth.  All of a sudden, Imo reaches down to the table in front of them, and grabs the keys to his beloved Porsche!  Tantrum time for Baby Seul-woo!!

(Had to reload the site here, so I missed a few scenes.)  Seul-woo then flashes back to several instances where he has run into Ga-on before, and then lays back on top of his car having a mini-tantrum again.

At a bar later than night with Dan-bi, discussing what could Seul-woo possibly do at the company that would make him happy.  They banter back-and-forth for a bit, when Seul-woo gets up to leave and reminds Dan-bi that she needs to be somewhere.  Her face gets all clouded, and in the next scene we see her in front of a house with a white picket fence (really, writers?  REALLY?).  Dan-bi hesitates to ring the doorbell, and then looks over at the front window of the house to see a memorial service table set up in the living room with a picture of someone... that we soon find out is Dan-bi's sister that recently passed away.

Dan-bi's mother greets her at the door as Dan-bi sleepwalks into the living room and kneels in front of the memorial altar.  Dan-bi's father (the Market President guy) comes into the living room and starts yelling at her, asking why she hasn't come sooner to visit.  Then after some crabbing at each other, President Guy tells Dan-bi if she's going to continue acting that way, that she should just leave.  Dan-bi agrees with that statement and gets up to leave... but not before grabbing her sister's funeral portrait and walking out with it.  Mom follows her out to the fence pleading for Dan-bi to stay, but Dan-bi is outta there.

The next morning, Tae-yang is in the Market truck visiting various fruit and veggie vendors while helping them stack boxes and sampling their produce.  In between farm visits, Tae-yang is munching down on the items given to him at that stop... he ends up singing to a cherry tomato before popping it into his mouth (gasp!!), and takes a big ol' bite out of an Asian pear with juice dripping down his chin (gasp again!!)... but in his next-to-last stop, Tae-yang starts singing the same song that young Tae-in was singing while young Ga-on was playing her violin when they were selling his watercress at their local market.  (That sound you just heard was my heart breaking in a gazillion pieces.)

Tae-yang gets another one of his bright ideas, and pulls over to the side of the road to make a phone call.  He's attempting to talk his hyungs into joining him in a proposed business venture -- a rolling produce stand!  Ho-jae is at a library studying, and is attempting to analyze the situation yet again, Chan-sol is at yet another audition, and Woo-bong is... at a greenhouse tending to some plants.  Hunh?!?  All three of them pretty much dismiss the idea of working with Tae-yang again, especially after all the pain and suffering they went through at the fig harvest, yell ANIYO! in unison and hang up.  LOL!

Commercial Break #2.  Nothing significant to report; just another yummy Seung-ki CF to drool over ::sigh::

The next day we see Woo-bong coming out of his house with a large bowl, which turns out to be scraps that he's bringing to his puppy chained up in his front yard.  He talks to his puppy like that's his only friend in the world.  Later that night, Woo-bong is sitting at his dining table chowing down on some ears of corn, while wrapped up in a blanket and watching informercials on TV.  Some saleslady pushing puffy down coats gets his interest, but he starts crabbing back at the TV while munching on his corn cobs.  (Would this be his Mom hawking stuff on a home shopping network?  I guess we'll see eventually.)  Woo-bong is slowly being drawn into purchasing one of the coats and picks up his phone, but decides against it because he has no money and shuts off the TV.  Extremely frustrated (and taking it out on the poor television), he pulls the blanket over his head and we pan away from the house as Woo-bong screams at the top of his lungs....

We then see Ho-jae at a local school classroom and asks one of the students there if he is in the right place.  As he goes to sit down, a snotty student starts giving him grief over his demanding a certain desk and pushes him around a bit.  Ho-jae eventually backs down and as he goes to sit, the snotty student picks up the desk and brings it down hard on his right foot, just as the professor comes in and throws Ho-jae out of the classroom.  Ho-jae is then seen leaving a local clinic, where he obviously has a broken toe and a boot on his foot.  He sighs and sits down on a bench and stares at the sky for awhile, when his phone starts ringing.  It's his mom, and Ho-jae stuffs his phone in his pocket instead and goes back to staring at the sky...

It's Chan-sol's turn next.  We see him primping in a mirror, which turns out to be at a Host Bar (the female version of the ubiquitous Hostess Bar).  Apparently it's Chan-sol's first night there, and the Head Guy is going to bring him to his biggest-paying clients in order to break him in.  They enter the norebang and Chan-sol is immediately sized up by the women inside as being too green to be "usable."  ::snort::  Chan-sol makes a move to leave the room, but the Head Guy stops him and attempts to talk to the ladies (and I use that term loosely) first.  The next thing we see is Chan-sol jumping up on the table and plopping on the couch next to the most pissy noona.  He gets all aegyo with her and then gives her a big hug, which apparently loosens her up some.  Now it's sunrise of the next morning, and we see Chan-sol sitting on the steps leading down to the subway, drinking some juice when he pulls a crumpled bill out of his pocket.  He unfolds it and we see it's a 10,000 won note (about $8.75 USD), so what he went through for only 8 bucks brings tears to his eyes...

It's 7:32 AM now, and Tae-yang is at the Market staring at his watch.  He turns around to see Woo-bong standing there, telling Tae-yang he'll join his business venture.  Tae-yang is besides himself, and hugs Woo-bong until he can't breathe any more.  While they're jumping around for joy, Tae-yang sees Ho-jae arriving at the market, and dumps Woo-bong onto the ground to go welcome Ho-jae instead.  They hop around for a bit, when Chan-sol arrives, being dragged there by a young lady.  It turns out that this is Chan-sol's sister, Hong Jung-ah (Lee Eun), and virtually throws Chan-sol at the other hyungs, saying they need to take care of him because she can't.

The next 5 minutes or so is spent on a montage of Our Bachelors sitting around a table and discussing the pictures they drew of what their delivery vehicle should look like, then taking the Market truck and tricking it out with paint and other truck-like fittings (and having an extremely squeeeeee-worthy paint fight in the process).  The last scene is Tae-yang taking their corporate sign and hanging it off the back awning... and a new business is born!   We end Episode 6 with the boys falling asleep to Ho-jae doing his presentation of their Corporate Business Plan with slides and graphs and a pointer and.... LOL freakin' LOL!!

Thanks for all your support and patience, minasan.  But since I've been awake for about 29 hours straight (and it's now 12:10 AM here in Sapporo), I'm gonna catch up on some sleep before I head out to my meetings.  I'll post the screencaps to both this week's episodes when I get back to my room.  Oyasumi nasai... zzzzzzzzzzz.

Thanks so much for your recaps dear! I don't think Ga On knows his name yet. She just knows her as "hole" and he knows her as "underling" LOL...It's so funny how he talks and asks permission from the lunch bag, feeling guilty being with underling. The scenes with persimmons were too cute and they kind of feel something already, those two should just get a room already LOL....

One thing, can someone clarify me what is the page that young Taeyang gave to young Jin Shim back then? I still can't understand the term pit-pit hahahaa

I've always understood "pit-pit" to mean "heartbeat" -- like pit-a-pat, thump-thump, etc.  I hope they're not referring to 'point-in-time' reasoning, since that is a mechanical engineering term I'm pretty sure they didn't teach in Korean schools back then.  But wait a second here, kiddies:

Tae-yang never did put the battery into the pager that he gave to Jin-shim.   He asked, but she refused.  Even when Tae-yang came to her in a vision in her hidden room and asked if he should put the battery in now, she never did respond.   I'm forecasting right now that once she eventually puts the battery in and gets that page from Tae-yang, she's going to page him back... he's gonna page her back as well, and they will finally figure out who each other is!!  

Ohayou minasan!  I'm up early to catch my flight down to Sendai, where fortunately I will have the whole day to myself and will catch you guys up on all the gossip that's happened over the weekend.  But first, looky here what Channel A is doing to promote BVS -- they've plastered a HUGE advertisement over the side of their own DongA-Ilbo Media Center located in downtown Seoul:

419af252.jpg

Wow, I'm impressed -- this is so large that I could probably see it all the way from Hokkaido!!  :lol:

EPISODE 7 MINI-CAP, Part 1:

And it's definitely going to be a short one -- the internet connection here in Sendai was off-the-charts horrible!!  No wireless in the rooms, and I'm not paying the equivalent of $50.00 USD a day just to hook up my ethernet cable.  I'm sure I was a sight by swearing at my laptop in seven different languages... so here's the best I can do:

It's the day after the whole tricking out of the truck, and Our Bachelors are back at the Market wandering around, where Tae-yang is getting a bunch of FIGHTING!! cheers from the ajummas.  Woo-bong wonders why only Tae-yang is popular with the mothers there, when Chan-sol says basically EW to that.  Ho-jae complains about the crack-of-dawn schedule, thinking it's worse than a graduate student!  Tae-yang stops by a truckload of lettuce and asks to buy some from the vendor.  He explains to his hyungs that he wants to sell produce that he's confident about selling, and that he's not confident with different veggies just yet.

Tae-yang then spends a good chunk of time... explaining their timeline.  6:00 AM, they'll be in front of a church to catch the parishioners at early prayers and looking for breakfast.  At 11:00 AM, they'll be in front of the exercise grounds for all the ajummas who are taking a break from husbands and kids.  At 3:00 PM, they should target the schools, where mothers will be taking their kids to lessons.  Finally, at 5:00 PM, they should be in the residential areas, where commuters will be thinking about dinner preparations.  The boys are impressed, as Tae-yang says it's always been his dream to have a vegetable business.  And with a hearty AJA AJA AJA, they're off and running to their first stop.

Next scene they're in the Produce Truck trying to hawk leaf lettuce in front of a big church.  The Deacon comes out and orders them to move their truck, because parking in front is for church members only.  Tae-yang pleads with the Deacon to just let them stay their for one hour, but he's not amenable to that.  He yells at them to move their truck, while he kicks the side of it screaming at them.  They end up moving across the street to sell the lettuce to the passersby, but with no luck (even after a feeble attempt at singing the 'Halluljah Chorus').  The next spot they choose, they are ordered to move because of their No Solicitation signs.  The spot after that, they are stared down by a mean-looking security guard after pulling the truck's gate down... and decide to move on anyway.

Cut to Seul-woo pacing up and down the hallway at the Market in front of Tosa Kang's office.  He flashes back to the moment when his Mom told him he had one month to bring her a new girlfriend (after breaking up with Dan-bi) and she took the keys to his beloved Porsche.  He curses at the sign in front of the office, and says okay, he'll take care of it.  There is nothing he won't do to get his Monster back.

Back at the Market, an auction of various vegetables is just beginning, and Ga-on is there with the two Goofy Guys to get set up and get ready.  Goofy Guy #2 is the auctioneer, with Ga-on as his assistant.  As the auction for the lettuce ends, they move on to another vendor's strawberries, and then on to some other's tomatoes.  Some farmer ajusshi starts crabbing that the lettuce wasn't packaged properly -- he thought they were cucumbers, and didn't bid for them like he wanted to bid for the lettuce.  Angry Farmer starts yelling at Goofy Guy #2 about it, and then walks over to dump the crop onto the floor.  Ga-on comes over and tells Angry Farmer that it's too late to redo the auction, because the Market has been accused of taking bribes and redoing auctions in the past.  Angry Farmer is just that... angry enough to where he runs over and grabs Goofy Guy #1 by the collar.  Upset Ajusshi doesn't give a rat's richard simmons, and pushes her down to the ground and it's about to break out into a full-time fight, when...

Seul-woo just happens to be walking by at that time, and with a hearty yell, runs over and fly-kicks... the wrong guy!!  He accidentally hits Goofy Guy #1 in the face, and Goofy Guy #1 is down and bleeding from his nose!  We cut to the Market Clinic, where Goofy Guy #1 has his head in Goofy Guy #2's lap, bleeding nose and everything, waiting to be seen by the doctor.  Ga-on apologizes her heart out, but all Goofy Guy can do is whimper in pain.

Later that morning, Ga-on is leaving the Market, when Seul-woo pulls up in his Hyundai and attempts to sweet-talk Ga-on and apologize about the events earlier in the day.  Ga-on is having none of that, and walks away.

Our Hotties are back at the Market as well, trying to figure out why they couldn't sell any of their lettuce.  Sitting on the back of the truck, Tae-yang is visibly upset as the hyungs are chatting amongst themselves what to do next.  Woo-bong almost has to sit on Chan-sol to keep him from upsetting Tae-yang any further with his snarky comments.  But does that keep Our Hero down?  HELL NO!!

Later than evening, the boys are walking down what looks like Restaurant Row with their boxes of lettuce and discussing what to do next.  Tae-yang looks over to an open barbecue place and gets an idea.  He goes in and attempts to charm the ajumma cleaning off the tables to try and convince her to buy his lettuce.  The next scene we see Tae-yang in the back of the restaurant, almost on his knees and washing the dishes.  The other boys take a look at that and sigh, but Chan-sol gets all pissy and says he's not doing *that* and walks away into the night.

At a local supermarket, Ga-on is surrepticiously trying to sneak a look at produce prices to get an idea of what things are going for in the real world.  She's eyed by the supermarket worker, but throws a package of watercress (hee again!) into her cart to throw them off.  Apparently Seul-woo has been following her, and sneaks up behind Ga-on and steals her shopping cart.  She asks why the hell he keeps following her, as he tries to explain (and calls her eonni as well?).

As Seul-woo and Ga-on leave the supermarket (and he throws her bags in his trunk -- cheeky!), they have a long, drawn-out conversation (and I did hear Ga-on says something about her Mom not liking his family), and why are you doing this?  Seul-woo gives a YAHHHH! right back at her, but whatever he says to Ga-on makes her face turn sad (reminding her of her "status," maybe?).   She says something crabby to him and walks back into the supermarket.

[Commercial Break #1] 

Archived