Would you rather Read Manga or Watch Anime?

_RaiN_

Guest xreriri

I'd rather read! Watching anime dubbed left a bad impression on me, and seeing how there's a lot of fillers in animes now a days makes me turn to manga. I personally love reading novels, not only manga. So yeah, I prefer reading > watching, thus why I prefer manga!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

@Xreriri: Interesting! I started watching anime subbed (before I learned Japanese) and then I couldn't understand much and I got pretty annoyed that I had to read most of the time and not being able to watch the action as everything happens so darn fast :P Then I changed to dubbed, and....well lets just say it scarred me :D So I went back to subs and I starting learning Japanese, now I can practically understand like 80-85% of the stuff they're saying, so it's all good :D
_RaiN_

At first, I preferred anime and never even bothered reading manga because my cousin had all the episodes of Naruto and Bleach. I always wondered why people read the manga when we can actually watch the animated fighting scenes with beautiful and amazing music playing in the background. I started reading other manga, not Naruto and Bleach though, because the videos of the anime I was watching took a long time to load. Soon I realized the uniqueness of manga compared to anime. The original plot of the manga are usually better than the animated one and the drawings are often much better too. I really like how the mangaka wrote and drew the manga compared to what we see in the anime version. Even though the fighting scenes are not animated, I'm talking about shounen manga by the way, and no music can be heard playing in the background, I really like how they drew the characters'. Not only that, the voices of the characters that I usually hear in my head sometimes become ruined because of the 'unsuitable' voice actors in the anime. :( Well, that's what I think.

I started by watching anime as well, but then as you said, certain anime took awhile to be broadcasted, so I decided to go to the manga as well, and as everyone knows, the manga storyline is in most cases, a lot better compared to the anime.
_RaiN_ 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xFloOwuffBB

I would watch anime because I like the animated visuals of seeing characters interact with each other, as well as seeing the funny faces they make and their voices speak with varied pitches and tones.
Manga is fine, I mean I read manga too. But I feel like it just isn't enough for me.
It's like how I love Bakuman the anime but I couldn't get into the manga despite it having much more happenings than the anime.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lililovelilica

I started with anime,to be more precise with SAILOR MOON,MY FIRST ANIME!The second was sakura card captors...i was 7 years old...
but after many years watching anime i got curious about the manga and realized that they're better than the anime,and now i'm  more into manga,actually,the animes are being made from manga,cause the storyline is better...

• 3 weeks later...

Manga, because of time constraints. I get tempted to marathon the entire series if I happen to watch the first episode of an anime series. :|

Otherwise, watching anime is better experience-wise. Jamming to anime openings with buddies > clicking next page on an online reader.
:D

Guest meemblezz14

I like reading manga. They are faster, and easier for me to depict the scenes that are going on in the story. Plus I am always intrigued and fascinated by the way the author portrays the story line through the characters and how the  illustrator creates the pictures for each scene. It's quite inspiring.

meemblezz14 said: I like reading manga. They are faster, and easier for me to depict the scenes that are going on in the story. Plus I am always intrigued and fascinated by the way the author portrays the story line through the characters and how the  illustrator creates the pictures for each scene. It's quite inspiring.

Guest esmeone

Ive been reading a lot lately but i like to read and watch both! I always love to see how the animators handled the the story. 

hmm, though i love both i think i prefer anime 'cuz i like & admire how the voice actors give life to the characters.. plus the ost as well :-)

Guest moo_lah

Reading. I find that the anime usually skips important parts from the original story and it totally messes up with the plot. Also, manga tends to have more detail. I do like watching anime though, because it's nice to see the pictures you read come to life.

If the anime comes out before the manga though, I'll watch the anime then just read it afterwards :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

manga.
I got up to episode 350 or so of One Piece then took up the manga out of curiosity. Never switched back and since then I don't bother with any anime's nomore.

Guest Najaira

Well, it depends on the reader/audience. Anime were once manga, so I think its better to read the manga first and then later watch it because in anime, some scenes from the manga are not shown and vice versa. Right? :))

Archived