Would you rather Read Manga or Watch Anime?

_RaiN_

Guest kikujiro8

Whichever is the original. If an anime is adapted from manga I read the manga. If a manga is adapted from an anime I watch the anime.

I'm like that with everything. Books, movies, anime, etc. Always have to watch/read the original form (because that's how the brain(s) behind whatever it is intended it to be taken in).

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would rather read manga. Just like I would rather read a novel before watching the movie.

Yeah, I would also read before watching the movie, I usually compare the book to the movie and see what parts they took out, most of the time the movies remove some of the best parts of the books.

Guest knockblock

Whichever. Though I will say I rarely read manga now.

The manga often times is the original source. With anime things are put into motion while you get to hear voices for the characters along with other additions.

Whichever. Though I will say I rarely read manga now.

The manga often times is the original source. With anime things are put into motion while you get to hear voices for the characters along with other additions.

Yep, anime makes it easier...lets just say it's easier to get through the series while watching, because you might be able to understand it easier with the motion pictures.

Guest Gabushi

I always start by watching the anime, but then i get nnoyed at how slow its moving and start reading the manga. That usually results in me not watching the anime anymore (except naruto, thats a special cse and i still do both)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, at first I wasn't used to reading from left to right so I preferred anime over manga, but ever since I've been reading more of mangas (and getting used to it) I would have to say manga now. I realized some things are left out of the anime and I prefer reading in general, just like with books/novels.

manga because i just love the artwork and it beats the anime you know?

Yeah, the artwork is a lot more better than the anime. Sometimes it might get a bit hard to figure out what's what though :P

ANIME!

Can't stand reading those tiny scrunched panels, all black and white and crazy speed lines everywhere...

I have nothing against manga ,but I prefer anime because you can see it move AND cliffhangers it leaves you wanting more for the next episode.

Sometimes I read manga sometimes because in anime stuff are left out but still my opinion is in favor of anime  :ph34r: like NINJAZ

Guest GrandTale

I'm an anime person actually. I love to watch more than to read and click. But, on other side, sometimes the anime will cut the good scenes from manga (of course we absolutely hate that, right? x__x) So, long sentences short, for storyline i love to read manga, but for the artworks, i prefer the anime more :D

Guest Autumn1430263885

it depends. I've read a lot more manga than anime because i find it easier to go through.. because sometimes i find anime too slow, so i read the manga instead. It just depends on the series xD

Sometimes though, i prefer watching anime, like for something like durarara, or card captor sakura i'd rather watch the anime.. its nice to see characters moving with voices haha.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest knockblock

So I was saying about the voice. I like to hear how they sound like. Then there is also the music.

Another one. I too don't like having to click and stare at the computer screen for so much.

Archived