Would you rather Read Manga or Watch Anime?

_RaiN_

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As Konata of Lucky Star would say: they both have their own goodness. :lol:

I like anticipating new manga chapters for my favorite action/adventure series (Fairy Tail, One Piece, Naruto), and I like seeing the same story in animated action. For stories that are decidedly less action-oriented though, manga might be a bit better. This is the case for high school/drama manga.

Some manga and anime counterparts are equally good. (Fullmetal Alchemist manga and Brotherhood).

There are some mangas that have such beautiful drawings and yet become generic in the anime though. That's always a pity, especially if they also compressed the story.

I almost never read manga that's been adapted from anime for some reason. The ones I've checked tend to REALLY change the story.

Guest jhea-chan

i'd rather read manga.

anime is kind of limited.

in manga, i can read a lot of romance, shoujo but in anime, I can count them using my 2 hands.

am not into supernatural thingy so it's kind of hard to watch anime that i'll like to watch.

Guest bluangrene

Anime all the way

im too lazy to read the manga...click->new page->load->read->click...and so forth

while with anime one click and we are good...lol im just that lazy

and i guess another major contributor is that anime has colour (colours ftw), music and it moves o-o and talks LOL

anyway dont know if that made sense or not

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lovebite

I prefer reading manga more. You get to go at your own pace, and usually the anime leaves out stuff from the manga.

I remember watching a Rave Master episode, and in the manga, it was only like twelve pages long but in the anime it was a whole 30 minutes -_-

Guest wesling123

I would pick anime over manga, for me I can understand the story much better but if I'm not at home and bored then I would gladly read manga (its better than reading a newspaper) :unsure:

Guest nuwera

It's really hard to choose between watching anime or reading manga. There are times when I tend to watch anime more than I read manga and vice versa. But overall, I choose reading manga because it's faster than waiting for an episode to be released. Moreover, sometimes anime tend to be childish when the story has a serious plot line. Mangas have darker side to them than anime <-- Does it even make sense :mellow: LOL XD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tae.Yuu

I like both actually, but out of all, I'd prefer to BE in an Anime/Manga.

My life would so be much more fascinating that way. :3

Guest Lauvable

sometimes sport mangas confuse me but i still like them =] also, the fighting scenes in Break Blade (manga) confused me because i didnt know who was who, but the anime was so dissapointing towards the end so yeah... if the voice acting and characters look good in the anime then i'd go for it but i'm still a manga lover at heart =]

Guest MissNeige

It really depends. 

I like manga because you don't have to keep pausing it, and waiting for it to load... as you do, if you stream anime online (which i do).

I like anime because it's in colours, and you don't have to keep clicking the arrow key to go to the next page, it's also a lot more easier to follow.

However, a lot of the good storylines and great art do not have anime, and sometimes my most favoured manga would not have an anime.

Then again... there are times when the anime could be better than the manga of the same series. For example, I personally prefered Junjou Romantica in anime, compared to the manga version.

Archived