[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Thanks ngthuhien and upamak for the preview and translations.

Isn't it really great how we can have a lot of different interpretations about almost every thing in this drama and I really love how we all respect each other's opinion. I really love this thread :wub:

mimi, I agree with you completely in what you said.

Although I feel that Miri has feelings for both men in different ways but she didn't do anything to make us believe she deserves their love but in contrary. But I still hope for her redemption first by really facing her self and her past and then start to accept the results of her actions and I want her to do that in a brave and strong way.

And as you said I don't think she deserves her previous life too which is the most thing she is afraid and ashamed of. What I feel that Hirayama may have feelings for her but it is about ownership in the first place, as if she is something he made and brought up so how he can lose it that easily and I think when she told him that she love YH that may be the main reason for him to tell YH everything about her.

The idea of her escaping with Hirayama and keep runing really scares me :tears: I am really worried about the ending of this drama, I can't predict anything about it but I want Miri to face herself and have some self peace even if she can only have that in death.

PLEASE PLEASE writer don't disappoint me with the ending.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest imogene_af

I would rather Miri would die than her relationship with a pedophile be romanticized. It was far from a brother sister love...he clearly said he wanted Miri as a daughter slash girlfriend. At fifteen. The girl just wanted to sell cigars. But he decided her fate and had his life with him as her father slash lover. How twisted. How sick.

I love Kim Jung Tae as Hirayama but the character is a very,very dangerous man. He did not secure Miri a passport or a ticket to Korea...Miri had to "serve" many different men and drink til she vomits each night just so she can escape the life of a bar girl...she burned his building because he wanted to force himself on her. She knew him enough. No matter how despicable Miri is a drama should never romanticize such an utterly abusive man. Who would slap her and mock her. Who would give her threats. Who in earlier episodes did imply that she should exchange certain things with her body. I would just find it disgusting if this drama would demonize Miri and romanticize a dangerous chauvinist pig like Hirayama. The sexist implications is vomit enducing enough.

Mimi says it quite right it sends a wrong message. Besides, this drama and its narrative is building the tension for Miri's fall and demise. No need to worry she would end up with the two men. The prologue clearly talks about her in past tense. I actually won't be surprised if Hirayama just goes at it and kills her in the end.

This is a Dark Yoo Hyun Post

There was a Ripley Tour for Some of yoochuns Japanese fans (they were shown around set/took pictures talked with him/he sang the OST + on other song)

[Fanaccount]

110709 Yoochun’s Miss Ripley Fanmeeting

Posted on July 9, 2011 by jyj3

Even though there was an interpreter present, Yoochun spoke to us completely in Japanese (^-^) his attitude when speaking with such kind expression on his face was wonderful. When it was time to take pictures, he was so kind and made sure to hug every child there♪(*^^)o∀*∀o(^^*)♪

[

Trans Ripley fanmeeting report] we received information from people who went to today’s “Miss Ripley” filming set and photoshoot trip! Yoochun talked about “the thing enviable about being born as a ‘chaebol’ is having a private jet and conversations with father…having to speak in English (for the drama) I was lucky that I learned to speak English and Japanese”.

Yoochun also said that because he cut his hair short before and it didn’t look as good as he expected, he was feeling uneasy about cutting it short this time! When he asked which style the fans liked, Yoochun with short hair or Yoochun with long hair, there was a person who said they liked Yoochun bald and Yoochun immediately turned to look who said that…

Yoochun also said “because it rained in Korea, I’m worried about everyone getting home safely”. The fans responded “Kyaaaa, so kind~!” and Yoochun suddenly became shy!

(Original Japanese text cr. @mposttv )

Translation credit: @As0or83

Shared by: JYJ3

qq.jpg

^^ reminds me of the NII interview yoochun was clutching Yoobins little hands throughout the entire interview and smiling like a true energizer puppy it was ADORABLE (plus the interview was hilarious)

Pictures can be found here

http://jyj3.net/2011/07/09/hq-pics-110709-yoochuns-miss-ripley-fanmeeting/

http://jyj3.net/2011/07/09/110709-miss-ripley-fanmeeting/

Guest YoonSooJin

Ay..... It seems gloomy in here so let's forget about Hirayama and Jang Myeonghun for a while. Let's go back to Kim Seung Woo and Kim Jung Tae for a few secs !!!!

KimJungTaeGif4.gif

KimJungTaeGif2.gif

KimJungTaeKimSeungWooGif.gif

Those are from 1N2D and Win Win....... Jungtae got extremely famous after appearing on 1 Night 2 Days. I also heard that the episode of Win Win that Jungtae was in had the higher rating than Seunggi and Hodong's Strong Heart !

Should we get back to Hirayama and Jang Myeonghun yet ? :)

Guest babyfaceyoochun

[TRANS] 110710 Park Yoochun Returns To A Romantic Flower Boy In ‘Miss Ripley’

38686427.2.jpg

Park Yoochun will be showing off his romantic side.

In the MBC drama ‘Miss Ripley’, Park Yoochun plays the role of Song Yoo Hyun, the successor to a global resort company, and his pulling at the heartstrings of female viewers with his warm voice and bright smile.

The reason Park Yoochun has returned to a ‘romantic flower boy’ is because of Song Yoo Hyun, whose ‘affectionate and caring method of love’ that captures the hearts of all women uses bright and beautiful bouquets to express his feelings. In every scene that Park Yoochun is holding a bouquet, he shows off a beautiful smile and lovely facial expressions. Staff say that he completes great scenes that resembled pages from a photobook.

Park Yoochun prepares a bouquet of flowers every time he visits Lee Da Hae(Jang Miri) and becomes her ‘WanMaeNam(Perfect, well-mannered  Man)’.

Visiting Lee Da Hae at the broadcasting station, Park Yoochun brings her a bouquet of white lilies, on her birthday, he brings her a large bouquet filled with all sorts of flowers, and when introducing Jang Miri to his parents, he prepares a bouquet of red and white roses. Staff say that his use of flowers has 100% showed his deep feelings for the woman he loves as well as the consideration he has for his lover.

Whenever Park Yoochun picks up a bouquet, he shows a great interest in the small things that are easily looked over, making comments such as “The flowers smell great,” and brightens up the atmosphere of those around him. Many staff on location say that watching Park Yoochun smile brightly at all times, regardless of his packed schedule, keeps everyone in a great mood.

The suspense is rising for ‘Miss Ripley’ as Park Yoochun discovers Lee Da Hae’s secret and goes head to head with Kim Jung Tae.

Source: [

donga]

Translated & Shared by: dongbangdata.net

Guest AdenYC

Warning: long post, and to keep it from being longer, I'm going to cut the posts that I am quoting from.

Exactly. This is why some of us criticize his acting. Because his earlier portrayal leading up to Episode 12 didn't really show him being in love. And I agree with what [bold]mimi26[/bold] says about his character being poorly developed. I don't know why YH first fell in love with MR, nor can he explain it himself. Remember when his friend questioned him on what he liked so much about her and his response was that it just felt like fate? And it's not just about his relationship with Miri, but with everyone. His character was just so strange. I think I know where YH's character was supposed to go, but the writer did a very poor job of developing the character. And I understand that since her main focus was on Miri's character. After all, none of the characters are well-developed other than Miri. But, a better more experienced actor would have dealt better with such a poorly developed character. For insance, MH is not developed fully either, but the actor does a great job portraying him that he seems like a more fully-developed character.

This is my first post in Miss Ripley and I have to say something about which character has been well-developed by the scriptwriter. Imo, MH is the one who has well developed character and you can feel where he comes from, such as his marriage relationship with his ex-wife, uncountable scene of MH and Miri interaction for how he gets trapped with Miri lies..till now episode 12 it still involves the death of his mom within Miri's lies so surely you will feel for him. Also I won't think Miri has been developed well in this 16-episodes drama, so far 12 episodes have been aired and audiences start to lose patience and wonder how she will redeemed herself with the remaining 4 episodes.

About the acting, it's just my opinion. The great actors in the drama are the pimp and YH's mother; even though they didn't have many scene but they truly shine in their lines. LDH is good actor but a bit overact for some of the scenes...when she is in shock for being possibly caught of her fraud in the earlier episodes, KSW is stabilized actor, even he owns quite a large proportion with all the episode scenes among the male leads but his acting is not impressive to be remembered. KHJ is a great actor after the pimp and YH's mother but she can't show much with her acting since she is forgotten by the scriptwriter. PYC has a potential being a great actor among the tops; he improves gradually from time to time even during the time when he portrays LSJ in SKKS and he cares so much of his tone, gesture and facial expression with his eyes but act naturally...so I enjoy his acting a lot and that's how he gets me to be his drama fan..hahaha...

Guest AiMango

Damn I wonder what will happen when the stepmom's past gets revealed.. & Maybe I'm just slow but there are still a lot of unanswered questions about Miri's past. I am still a little confused with her and Hirayama's relationship. I am sure that YH wants to help Miri out despite all of the lying, but yeah I dont think they will end up together in the end. I really wonder what kind of ending it will be..

About the stepmom- Since Miri had the same name all along, what ep was it that the stepmom first learned her name? I kind of want to go back and watch her reaction to it..

About Heejoo- lol it took her so many episodes to kick Miri out of that house.

Guest singapore0950

Good Morning!!!

Oh ya thanks for the remineded Miri friend asked her out of the house. yes yes.... Wonder why? OMG!

:unsure:

OMG! Miri, I think she cannot work in the hotel anymore. And homeless as well. Goodness! Please just open your heart and tell everythg to YH. However, it is really vvvvvv hard to open the heart. :sweatingbullets:

:blink:

Mimi, I totally agreed what you had said.

However, thanks for the preview hv posted.

wonder have english subs? Sigh.....

Guest wls2948

Am I stupid to hope against hope that there will be a YuRi ending?! I love this couple so much. I hope Miri can find the courage to tell Yutaka about her past. I think she tried to do that before but as time goes by, it was getting harder. I know one of the the reason Miri could not tell Yutaka is FEAR that she will lose his love. :(

Guest babyfaceyoochun

[NEWS] Yoochun To Show His Upper Body in a Shower Scene on Ripley

Park Yoochun, with Exposure of His Upper Body, Explodes in His Male Appeal. Hearts of the Female Staff Also Tremble~

lalala.jpg

Group JYJ’s member Park Yoochun revealed a muscular body by exposing his upper body.

It is that Park Yoochun, through the exposure of his upper body, emits a strong male appeal on the 13th episode of the MBC TV Drama Miss Ripley that will air on the 11th.

Song Yoohyun who has shown an affectionate and warm side has come to know of the falsehoods of Zhang Miri and after this he is showing pains and worrying over his love for her. Park Yoochun who is wrapped up in conflicts comes to unfold a wild appeal through a shower scene that exposes his upper body.

This scene took place on the 8th in a hotel in Namsan, Seoul. This was the first time that he, during the filming of the drama, had taken off his suit to reveal a body without an ounce of unneeded fat. The collateral muscles that were shaped through exercise and the unique 90-degrees shoulders led the set to let out exclamations (of praise).

In particular, a few of the female staff who had filmed together in the shower room fell into admiring with the filming behind them and kept staring at Park Yoochun despite the “ok” sign by the director. At this, the (members of the) male staff said to the (members of the) female staff to “stop staring” to make the set burst into laughter.

About this the production side relayed: “This scene is one in which Song Yoohyun is pained to relieve himself of complicated feelings after he comes to know of Lee Dahae’s falsehoods. Song Yoohyun who has been affectionate and kind until now will change 180 degrees and for that Park Yoochun is putting the best of his efforts.”

Source

ENews24

Translation creditJYJ3

Spoiler: Miss Ripley] Yoochun goes topless

56843628.jpg

JYJ’s Yoochun will finally be revealing his muscular body in the upcoming 13th episode of MBC’s ‘Miss Ripley‘!

Yoochun’s character has always been known as a caring and considerate one, but that will all change once he finds out about Lee Da Hae’s lie. Left in pain and agony over his love for her, Yoochun becomes swept in being forced to make the right decision. The shower scene marks a turning point in Yoochun’s character, as it’s an expression of his desire to shed his caring image and to be reborn.

The scene was filmed at a hotel in Namsan, Seoul, on July 8th, and it was said that he didn’t feel any pressure about baring himself for the cuts. Staff were especially surprised with the level of concentration he showed and the many different emotions he was able to express in one short shower scene.

Hilariously, the female staff were reported to have shouted in disagreement once the director yelled out “OK”, signaling the end of the cut. The male staff turned the entire set into a sea of laughter by jokingly remarking, “Stop staring at him!”

Producers said, “This sene is one where we can see his misery once he finds out the truth about Lee Da Hae. He’ll make a complete 180 degree change in image, and Yoochun himself is making an effort to bring those changes justice. Viewers will be able to see his transformation in the 13th and 14th episodes.”

47785940.jpg

Source + Photos: TV Daily via Nateallkpop

[PICS] 110711 Yoochun ‘Miss Ripley’ Gallery

ripply_photo110711144057imbcdrama1.jpg

ripply_photo110711144057imbcdrama3.jpg

ripply_photo110711144057imbcdrama2.jpg

ripply_photo110711144057imbcdrama0.jpg

ripply_photo110711143705imbcdrama2.jpg

ripply_photo110711143705imbcdrama1.jpg

ripply_photo110711143705imbcdrama0.jpg

Credits: DNBN + imbc

Shared By: JYJ3

Guest KayKay22

I want Miri to end up with Yoo Hyun! I like Miri character. I understand why people hate it because she's two timing, lying about her qualification and stealing other people ideas but she didn't do it for no reason and I feel like people forget about how it was like for her at the start. If you put yourself in Miri character you would like a second chance to get a good life.

Guest singapore0950

OMG!!!

am watching now:( sob sob sob.....

YH are completed stressed and depressed. I think he totally speechless. after seeing the namecard of MIRI. Showed by him.

poor YH.......

Wonder YH asked the namecard? Oh what they talking about? Why Miri called that fellow? Miri shld call YH....instead of him. why why. sob sob sob

I only understand YH said...."Love" Love" Love" in korean.... the rest don't know what they talked about. Please go and explain with YH.

Guest elizabennet

It was about time somebody has the shower of angst!

I don't like Miri character and not only due to obvious reasons such as lying, cheating, being selfish etc. but most also mostly due to her misplaced sense of entitlement. Whenever something doesn't go the way she wants it to she acts out as being the injured party and expects everyone to accomodate her wishes.  Also she is not really  smart is she?

Guest nicoleyt

OMG!!!

am watching now:( sob sob sob.....

YH are completed stressed and depressed. I think he totally speechless. after seeing the namecard of MIRI. Showed by him.

poor YH.......

Wonder YH asked the namecard? Oh what they talking about? Why Miri called that fellow? Miri shld call YH....instead of him. why why. sob sob sob

I only understand YH said...."Love" Love" Love" in korean.... the rest don't know what they talked about. Please go and explain with YH.

Are u watching it live? where can i watch it? can u give me the link pls? Thanks a lot.

Guest singapore0950

Are u watching it live? where can i watch it? can u give me the link pls? Thanks a lot.

here is the link:D

link able to watch fr here:D

However, waiting for the translate......LOL

Oh YH went else where......sob sob sob sob. And YH asst. seemed informing smth to YH. Need someone translate......

Miri, could'nt see YH @ all. And went to visit YH father's.

That fellow (bad pple) go to YH office now? What the ....... why keep on create all kind of troubles. goodness.

Yes the shower scenes alrdy over.

MH in the YH stepmother office now. What are they talking about. Goodness!

I want Miri to end up with Yoo Hyun! I like Miri character. I understand why people hate it because she's two timing, lying about her qualification and stealing other people ideas but she did it for greed from the point she started going after yoohyun and I feel like people forget about how it was like for her at the start. If you put yourself in Miri character you would like a second chance to get a luxurious life with lots of dollar,dollar bills yo.

Fixed that.

She could have stuck with Myung Hoon

for a while and even if she had broken up with him at a later date if he hadnt found out she was just after the Chaebol he would have forgiven her and she would have built a decent career as a middle income worker at Hotel A

Hirayama would also be taken care of by MH.

but, this girl thinks she deserves a chaebol, and she has no qualms about messing with her only true ally multiple times (stealing her designs and i dont mean just stealing her identity) which means my sympathy for her evaporates into thin air.

"Now i aint saying she's a goldigger…… but" *Kanye Shrug*

Guest nicoleyt

here is the link:D

link able to watch fr here:D

However, waiting for the translate......LOL

Oh YH went else where......sob sob sob sob. And YH asst. seemed informing smth to YH. Need someone translate......

Miri, could'nt see YH @ all. And went to visit YH father's.

That fellow (bad pple) go to YH office now? What the ....... why keep on create all kind of troubles. goodness.

Yes the shower scenes alrdy over.

MH in the YH stepmother office now. What are they talking about. Goodness!

Thank u so much. i'm enjoying it now. Sadly can't understand without subs. i haven't even watched ep 11 and 12 with subs. Haha. I desparately need subs.

Archived