Guest JPhylls

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest babyfaceyoochun

[TRANS] 110719 The Modern Day Prince Charming – Park Yoochun

yoochun_kanstyle.jpg

Singer-Actor Park Yoochun is giving his all in his role as world resort’s group heir Song Yoo Hyun in the Monday-Tuesday drama “Miss Ripley.”  Possessing a kind, thoughtful and sensitive character, the young master of the world resorts group possesses the ability to make decisive decisions and the leadership qualities that help to push the company forward, a modern day prince charming.

Making his grand appearance as the youngest in the resorts industry, with his good looks and displaying equally impressive perfect abilities. However what differentiates him from his superior background is his preference for street markets and food stalls, and his belief that these would help to show a person’s real character, and that he can truly love someone.

Park Yoochun’s fluent English during his ceremony for appointment as director attracted a lot of attention. In the drama Yoochun is born in Japan, and is able to communicate perfectly in Japanese, English and Korean, with the viewers calling him “perfect man.”

In the drama, he displays a pure love and affection for Jang Miri (Lee Da Hae) who is trying to move up in society. Song Yoo Hyun’s (Park Yoochun) who is deeply in love falls in a whirlpool of lies but doesn’t realise it, and despite finding out that Miri could be using his love for her own benefit, he still continues to love her. When Jang Miri, who doesn’t believe in society and people will be exposed is something that the viewers are looking out for.

Producers said, “In Miss Ripley, playing the role of Song Yoo Hyun, who always has a warm smile for Jang Miri, the woman he loves, and Lee Da Hae’s Jang Miri who gradually changes because of (Yoo Hyun’s) love, creates a beautiful imagery; Song Yoo Hyun’s unconditional love for Jang Miri, and Jang Miri who starts off lying but this slowly turns into true love, this is the kind of love we care about and are watching for.

Along with his appearance in “Miss Ripley,” Park Yoochun is also singing one of the theme songs, “An Empty Space Left For You.” It was released online on 21 June and not only did it take the top spot in real-time searches, but also became no.1 real-time in the main music distribution sites, as well as no.1 for downloads, displaying the power of a “clean sweep” and received a lot of love.

Park Yoochun’s “An Empty Space Left For You” is a passionate ballad which brings the drama’s level of completion to the next level, and received a lot of praise. A beautiful melody that draws the listener in, coupled with Park Yoochun’s voice thick with emotion helps to raise the viewer’s involvement level with the drama.

JYJ’s Park Yoochun who showed good acting skills in the drama “Miss Ripley,” greeted the fans cheerfully at the 47th Baeksang Arts Awards, appearing in a black suit and white t-shirt.

At the 47th Baeksang Arts Awards, he took the Best Male Newcomer and Popularity awards in the drama category, shining as a “double-crown” winner. Park Yoochun played the main role of Lee Seon Joon in “SungKyunKwan Scandal,” his display of acting skills gained recognition, and started a popular trend called “Seon Joon Fever.” “It was hard to hold on the chances than we have, and we haven’t had many chances, so I am very happy to be able to get such a good project and  receive so much love,” he said, showing is gratitude. After receiving the popularity award, Park Yoochun thanked his fans and fellow JYJ members, and revealed his deep intentions, saying “After falling ill, you will turn out even stronger.”

Rewriting his own viewership ratings record, “Miss Ripley” takes the top spot in ratings for dramas in its time slot. As the overnight shoots continue, Park Yoochun shows a change in image, and it is expected that the drama will continue to unfold rapidly, increasing the audiences’ interest. Due to Park Yoochun’s change in hairstyle, Song Yoo Hyun’s image changes as well, causing a big shift in the plot of “Miss Ripley,” and increasing the anticipation level for both the drama and the change in Park Yoochun’s acting.

yoochun_kanstyle2.jpg

Source : [

BaiduTVXQ + KanStyle]

Translated & Shared by : dongbangdata.net

Thank you all especially singapore and cecilia for their recaps. It is surely a bittersweet ending, but I am so glad it went better than I expected. I was totally fearing the amnesia angle. That would have sucked royally. Thank God Miri confessed to her crime and served a prison term. That means she can start again since she has atoned for her sins. I too hope like some here that she really loved Yoohyun but let him go coz she thought she didn't deserve him. So Sad! I am sure he will never be able to forget her or know her heart.

But in a way, sad love stories stay with you! I haven't watched this episode, so can't say. But I am relieved it didn't end too melodramatically.

However, the parents needed to be punished more. How can they wreck their children's lives and go scot-free? These K-drama parents are the worst species on this earth. When will they ever grow up?

Guest bluemoonlight

Thanks xesre8 and Cecilia for the detailed recaps.

At first I thought it was an open-ended ending (as I don't understand Korean)...but sadly it doesn't seem that way. I agree this ep felt really rushed and like they were packing in so many things. Maybe a short extension of an episode or two would've been good. But it's too late now...

There's so much to say about this last ep and drama. I don't know where to begin. Dangermousie & princess.shah: I agree with you guys that the way it ended with the parents so happy just leaves me so angry...and they haven't changed one bit. They're just as selfish as they were 20 years ago. I'm okay that they, Miri, Yuhyun, & Myunghoon ended up alone...but it would've been satisfying to see the parents separate/divorce for their own children's happiness. Even if Miri and Yuhyun were not gonna be together, the parents shouldn't be together either, especially so happy and lovey-dovey...ugh. Lee Hwa doing charity work was not impressive at all and she's still just as selfish.

The ending was heartbreaking...while everyone seemed happy...you could tell that nothing's the same anymore and that Yuhyun wasn't happy.

I don't know what Yuhyun said to Miri when she was lying in the bed except telling her to wake up, but oddly enough I felt the scene where Hirayama spoke to Miri was more touching in a way. In his own twisted way, he did really love Miri, obviously it was not a healthy love and he's still a bad guy, but in the end he does just want Miri to be happy.

Miri and her mother's confrontation were so many emotions all mixed together...you could feel the anger, sadness, regret, hurt, resentment, disappointment...you name it. I felt like I was there. I could sense that even though Miri really wanted to just hug and call her "mother"...she couldn't and it's perfectly understandable. How can you just forget everything, forgive and accept a mother who just abandoned you so cruelly for her own selfish reasons? I'm so glad that Miri didn't go to the U.S. with her mother and instead stayed with Heejoo. Even though I would've liked Heejoo to have had more of a backbone and fight back against Miri back then...but since the storyline changed, I think it's fitting that we see a happy Miri and Heejoo like when they were in the orphanage.

Edit:

Although this drama wasn't as popular with the international audience and it wasn't overwhelmingly loved/praised domestically as well...I have to say that this drama will stay with me for a long time. I will think of the characters, especially Miri and their journeys. It wasn't a perfect drama, but really, is there one? Considering I'm more of a rom-com drama watcher, I'm surprised that I was so drawn and thoroughly enjoyed watching it. As for Miri and Yuhyun's love...I also think that Miri let go of Yuhyun for his own good and like others have said, because she thinks she doesn't deserve his love. Yuhyun himself didn't know why he loved Miri so much. At first it was just physical attraction, but then the mutual bonding over loneliness and losing their mothers deepened his love for her. His love was truly unconditional and it was so sad to see probably the person who deserved the most happiness...didn't in the end...

Guest antinh85

I agree with u ,if miri was punished for all her lies.Shouldn't her mom and YH dad should be punish.For me it like there children are been punished for there parents sins. It would have made sense if they had divorced and stayed with there respective children. I find YH dad more selfish in love .

YH crying like that was my fav scene oh this guy made me cry :tears:

I still so mad that the parents still leads a happy life. Especially the dad!!!!!!! They still lead a good life as nothing had happened.

The mom she kept saying that it was his fault yet she's as selfish as him. Knowing Miri now and she still wouldn't try to make up time. The mother is unforgivable.

Guest floralai

Since it s the last ep, I uploaded full ver instead of only Yoochun cut ^^

Miss Ripley Ep 16 (Full) Part 1/5

Miss Ripley Ep 16 (Full) Part 2/5

Miss Ripley Ep 16 (Full) Part 3/5

Miss Ripley Ep 16 (Full) Part 4/5

Miss Ripley Ep 16 (Full) Part 5/5

Credit: Flora0608 @6002sky

Shared by 6002sky team

Since it s the last ep, I uploaded full ver instead of only Yoochun cut ^^

Miss Ripley Ep 16 (Full) Part 1/5

Miss Ripley Ep 16 (Full) Part 2/5

Miss Ripley Ep 16 (Full) Part 3/5

Miss Ripley Ep 16 (Full) Part 4/5

Miss Ripley Ep 16 (Full) Part 5/5

Credit: Flora0608 @6002sky

Shared by 6002sky team

Thanks so much Flora for all the vids you've shared with us and thanks to everyone for sharing all their intelligent insights, caps, recaps and links to this drama.I will miss this thread. And thanks again Yuchun for giving us yet another outstanding performance.

Guest imogene_af

I feel like this ending is far more tragic than one of the characters dying. Seeing YooHyun's despair is the most heartbreaking part. He is not happy in the end, until this day, Miri will haunt him. He has to live with this agony. Their lives are cruelly intertwined. In reunions... in family events... imagine the awkwardness.

I found it quite beautiful, quite sad that YooHyun cannot shake off his love for her in the end.

I am just so pissed off, though that there is NO atonement at all for those vile parents. They get to live their lives, they get to embrace each other... while the two kids that they messed up so badly have to live in that agony that they cannot be together. How TRAGIC. I am RAGING because of that.

Also, I don't believe for one minute that Miri does not love him, she said that because she accepted her place. She has created enough despair, so she did what is best... to walk away.

And I am right all along. It's MIRI and HEEJOO who are the real OTP.

Guest wahu007

Reading through your recaps and analyzing what i gathered so far, it really is a tragic ending. The parents directly atoning would have probably been too good of an ending, also Miri probably didnt fully forgive her mother-seeing she'd rather not travel with her at the time, it will probably take a few years before they can be comfortable with each other. Am guessing Yoohyun also lost some of his trust with his dad (&love). All in all, a really good drama (sometimes i dislike open-ended dramas/movies; Inception anyone?).

Thank you all for your contributions!

Guest Dangermousie

imogene_af, I could not agree more with your post!

FWIW, I do think Miri loves YH (loving someone and wanting to be with that someone because they are a good person is as good a reason for love as any), but what is the point of her admitting it now? They couldn't be together anyway, so the good thing to do is not get into it and cause further havoc. Of course, she doesn't realize that never knowing whether her love was real or not would torment him more.

It drives me NUTS that the parents are all happy together - the message is if you are an amateur bad person, you'll get punished (Miri) but if you are really dedicated and soulless, you get to enjoy everything you want. Which I suppose is true in life often enough. I do have to say I got a bitter amusement out of YH's Dad putting Miri on the family registry - normally it would be an act of atonement but here it is the ultimate selfishness. To the end, his wife is more important to him than anything, even his son. Yeah, sure, Miri and YH might have never gotten together anyway due to all the other issues, but at least that way there would be a chance - the registry pretty much slams that door shut and deprives his kid of any hope of being with the woman he loves and it doesn't even occur to Daddy that maybe to atone for his and his wife's past he should sacrifice their happiness so their children might have a chance at a future.

Guest imogene_af

imogene_af, I could not agree more with your post!

FWIW, I do think Miri loves YH (loving someone and wanting to be with that someone because they are a good person is as good a reason for love as any), but what is the point of her admitting it now? They couldn't be together anyway, so the good thing to do is not get into it and cause further havoc. Of course, she doesn't realize that never knowing whether her love was real or not would torment him more.

It drives me NUTS that the parents are all happy together - the message is if you are an amateur bad person, you'll get punished (Miri) but if you are really dedicated and soulless, you get to enjoy everything you want. Which I suppose is true in life often enough. I do have to say I got a bitter amusement out of YH's Dad putting Miri on the family registry - normally it would be an act of atonement but here it is the ultimate selfishness. To the end, his wife is more important to him than anything, even his son. Yeah, sure, Miri and YH might have never gotten together anyway due to all the other issues, but at least that way there would be a chance - the registry pretty much slams that door shut and deprives his kid of any hope of being with the woman he loves and it doesn't even occur to Daddy that maybe to atone for his and his wife's past he should sacrifice their happiness so their children might have a chance at a future.

I do find it in a lot of Kdramas that the parents are hardly "sacrificed". You are right... if you are a richard simmons and a liar...or a guy who is naive enough to fall for one... you have to be in AGONY and despair all your life. While, if you are a pro in being soulless, vapid, a pro at abandoning your child and be the heartless, greedy chaebol that you are... you get to embrace your wife, you get to be pictured as happy couple, and you atone everything by putting that b*stard child into the family registry. RAAAAAAAAAAGE.

I am not raging because he put Miri in the family registry, I am just raging that Lee Hwa and Old Song are happy. That they won over this. That is not good poetic justice. The build up that they did have to be punished in Episode 14 is all just a red herring at this point.

RAAAAAAGE.

It makes sense narratively. though. I agree. It is actually a tragic but beautiful ending.

Guest Dangermousie

Yeah, Miri's crimes are (1) being a bar girl, i.e. low-class (2) falsifying credentials (3) trying to manipulate grown-up, smart people to get ahead. Not great certainly. Her mother's crimes are abandoning a small child, which results in her being abused, just so she gets to have a cushy life. I am sorry, the latter is way worse.

And it's pretty fitting that the parents are selfish to the end, doing whatever makes them feel better without of thinking of anyone else.

you get to embrace your wife, you get to be pictured as happy couple, and you atone everything by putting that b*stard child into the family registry. RAAAAAAAAAAGE.

pretty much this. And I agree, kdrama parents rarely get to pay for horrific damage they inflcit (Something Happened in Bali comes to mind).

Guest good123

Medium Quality

Miss Ripley Ep.16

200 Mb MKV File

http://www.filesonic.com/file/1483228574/Ms.Ripley.E16.END.XviD-HANrel.mkv

or

http://www.fileserve.com/file/VnT94hF/Ms.Ripley.E16.END.XviD-HANrel.mkv

or

http://www.easy-share.com/1916776972/Ms.Ripley.E16.END.XviD-HANrel.mkv

or

http://depositfiles.com/files/mbdn7duxk 

Guest k-lover1

Jang Miri........How much I love thee??????????

I am satisfied with the ending to a certain extent......On the issue of parents getting away with almost murder on Korean dramas, I think it has to do with the fact that in a society where Confucian philosophy, is at its basis, seldom TV dramas will show parents being at fault, even when we clearly see the they are.

I think the ending was properly executed, I am glad that Miri found redemption at the end, since she clearly was not a 100% sociopath to begin with!!!!

My Love and support goes to Lee Da-hae, for bringing Miri to life, Miri has become one of my favorites Anti-heroine if not numero uno!!!!

Thank you guys for all your contributions!!!! : 0 ]

Archived