Quantcast
nonski

Lee Jong Suk 이종석 ||[on MS]Upcoming - |Unreleased C-Drama - Jade Lover

1 hour ago, hilllllllly said:

So basically... "shut up and stop talking now"? Cool. That's very nice of you. I always feel so welcome here. I'd think the appropriate response would be whatever I want to say. I honestly came here to see if anyone responded or said anything else because I was having fun talking about this. What a way to make someone feel like crap and ruin their day.

Aw, I'm sorry. I did not intend it that way at ALL! I guess tone doesn't come through in writing very well. :( What I'm trying to do is to be happy along with you that he has put out this nice video--it lets us see and hear him, and it also gives us the entertaining opportunity to speculate on all the ways it may have happened. In the end, however it happened, we're just GLAD. I truly did not intend it as yelling or as meaning shut up in any way. I just mean that of all of the things we've talked about, maybe it's this or maybe it's that, but in the end we still get a nice video and can smile over it. I'm sorry for making you feel bad. It was truly not my intention. :( 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I've done a rough translation of the video clip. If you have corrections, by all means let me know and I'll edit it. But this is at least hopefully a more accurate version than some of the strange things IG can produce...

Hello to the members of Connects and those of you in your 20s who can’t sleep in Korea. I am Lee Jong Suk.

I’d like to introduce to you a book (some books?) I personally like. The first book I’d like to introduce to you is “To You Who are Frivolous (or Bored?) Today.” In Romance is a Bonus Book, I played the role of an editor. As an editor in that drama, I talk about the importance of poetry. Well, it was a pretty pathetic description. Poetry is the most important thing to (help us) find rhythm in our lives. The reality is that poetry collections don’t get a lot of attention in the publishing market. I also used to think poetry was hard. But I guess I’ve learned that life with poetry is a lot richer.

“To You Who are [Bored? Frivolous?] Today”is a collection of poets’ works. It lists the changes in the feelings people have about love. It helps us see different forms of love. If you’re having a hard time because of love, I recommend you take a look at it. I think you’ll find a lot of comfort and things to identify with in it. 

I personally like this poem. It’s Han Young Eun’s “Measurement of Love.” I’ll read it to you.

Measurement of Love

The more pleasant and beautiful things are, the better

But the less of your love, the better

Your love is something between you and me

To know the quantity of love, I have no choice but to measure the distance between you and me.

So when you and I are far apart, the amount of love is great

And when you and I are close, the amount of love is small

So a little bit of love makes me laugh, and a lot of love makes me cry.

When people move apart, love grows distant also.

If since you left, love has gone away,

What is it but love that reduces me to tears every day?

An invisible love that can be felt despite one’s absence. I think it was nice to be described with such honest words. How did you like it? This book comes out in a series of three volumes. It would be nice if you could read it with me. Thank you.

(Source of the original video in Korean: https://www.conects.com/common/template/detail?id=TmRObzZ0QnZweWFhTldWQytZeDcvUT09&post_type=normal)

I am very grateful to those people who made such a gift to all Jong Suk's fans on the eve of his BD and to you personal for this translation @frozentundra :kiss_wink:

It seems that this book is still on sale since 2016

• Like 4

10 hours ago, frozentundra said:

Measurement of Love

The more pleasant and beautiful things are, the better

But the less of your love, the better

Your love is something between you and me

To know the quantity of love, I have no choice but to measure the distance between you and me.

So when you and I are far apart, the amount of love is great

And when you and I are close, the amount of love is small

So a little bit of love makes me laugh, and a lot of love makes me cry.

When people move apart, love grows distant also.

If since you left, love has gone away,

What is it but love that reduces me to tears every day?

Thank you @frozentundra for the translation and explanation, now I understand why this was released.  The emphasis and values of poetry ....  He really has a knack for selecting beautiful poems, words that touch the hearts.  I hope he will continue to share his views / selections,  publish more poetry books, with Eng Sub please, come 2021.       I'd like to echo @ibru too on her view that yea, this could be released in view of his big day... it is really heartwarming. Never thought of that.   Thank you.     

Can't wait for Chuseok and 14th September!  because I am hoping Jong Suk-ssi will post something on that day.

By the way, I am really nuts about quotes and poems.   So @lanieqp  please keep it coming!  Love all the quotes ..  he is truly an outstanding masterpiece.  :blush:

• Like 7

11 hours ago, kembie said:

Can't wait for Chuseok and 14th September!  because I am hoping Jong Suk-ssi will post something on that day.

to think we'll spend two of his birthdays away from him... :tears:

• Like 4

Your beauty has raised you so high that every other man

on earth is now doomed to live in your shadow.
- a quote from a quote

ED5vLSLUEAAj1XV?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 5

stumbled upon these posts by chance (thanks to the owner for re-posting these on instagram). isn't that the set of romance is a bonus book? does it mean it is connected to his drama only and not to his public service in any way? because lee nayoung is doing it too...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kiyimae said:

isn't that the set of romance is a bonus book? does it mean it is connected to his drama only and not to his public service in any way? because lee nayoung is doing it too...

it probably is...

• Like 1

That is precisely why we measure our love for you by the stars.

For there are no limits to the stars, their numbers...infinite.

An amount too boundless to count.

- a quote from a quote

ED-kNE4VUAAHdVh?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 5

It's really nice that he's keeping in touch in his own, creative way. It's also cute that he's forever concerned about being too hot. I'm also happy that the fans who find these are sharing them.

• Like 8