Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

Welcome, @tsundoku06! I don't know everything about the brand ranking thing, either, but I am pretty sure you rise when you have a current work going on, and then dip a little when you don't. His IG and Weibo followers are huge and still growing, so I wouldn't worry too much. The guy is INCREDIBLY busy. Since you mentioned 2016, here is just a quick overview: He shot two dramas in 2016 (Jade Lover, which still hasn't aired, and W, which had good ratings and won multiple awards including internationally), one film (VIP) and one drama (While You Were Sleeping--he also won awards for this) in 2017, and one mini drama in 2018 (Hymn of Death, which should air in August). He's had many fan meetings (including some upcoming ones in the US--which is a first ever for a Hallyu star). He edited a poetry collection and published it along with a DVD that dramatized some of the poems. He has two clothing lines (NOYB and HANAH), has had endorsements with Siegfahrenheit and Samsonite and has some kind of relationship with Burberry, and has done many magazine photoshoots and interviews. He bought a shabby old house and turned it into a beautiful cafe (and the cafe is making a profit, I read, which doesn't always happen right when you start a new business). He recently bought a second building, too. And he's started A-Man, a management agency. And this is all before he has to deal with the whole military service thing! (Which yes, will put him out of commission for a while... sadly) 

Basically, he's got a finger in every pie. :) 

ETA:

@ibru posted at the same time. I knew I was forgetting the endorsements! :)  But the guy has SO MUCH going on, it's hard to keep up... 

And YES--the guy is well loved because of his talent and personality. Jong Suk is a good guy. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just want to say also...I don't comment much, but I do read. I'm a fan of Sukkie cause he's a great actor and an admirable human being. But I also want to say thanks to all of you. I appreciate how welcoming the atmosphere is here. Doesn't matter if you're a new fan or if you were there during his debut. Doesn't matter which work of his is your favorite--as long as you like him, you're good to go. I love reading everyone's happy support, both for Jongsuk as well as for the many wonderful actors and actresses he's had the privilege to work with. I appreciate the translations and news that's so kindly shared here. I love how his fans around the world celebrate him by going out and doing nice things, service, etc. for other people in his name. I feel like if for some crazy reason he dropped by this thread (unlikely, since it's in English and he's really busy)--but IF he did, it would put a smile on his face.

Fans are mostly anonymous. People see how fans behave (good or bad), and attach their perceptions to the actor. Not always fair, that, but it happens. So thanks for being nice people, and carrying his name well. And thanks for the warm welcome that's always felt here. :wub:

• Like 8

37714321_1877444659226095_2037906572578914304_n.jpg

37369129_2165485547061646_6290261556710080512_n.jpg

1. 2018.07.30 Lee Jong Suk IG Update

Caption: @jongsuk0206 -여러분의 응원이 필요합니다.(진지)

Trans. by irene7an IG: I need everyone's support.(seriously)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl3IJcHh27G/?taken-by=jongsuk0206

37249279_1082973755184791_9148277501506617344_n.jpg

2. 2018.07.30 Lee Jong Suk IG Update

Caption: @jongsuk0206 -헐!!! 정해인이김!!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ:joy:

Trans. by irene7an IG: 

OMG!!! Jung Hae In won!!! kekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekekeke :joy:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl3MUSoB4Bn/?taken-by=jongsuk0206

• Like 4

"His IG and Weibo followers are huge and still growing, so I wouldn't worry too much"

Me too @frozentundra :D

He has now 13.6 Mln Followers on IG. 

June 6th - there were 13 million, in 2 months he had another 600 thousand followers in Instagram -->>>

2018.07.25 - 13.6 M
2018.07.15 - 13.5 M
2018.07.06 - 13.4 M
2018.06.29  - 13.3 M
2018.06.22  - 13.2 M
2018.06.13  - 13.1 M
2018.06.04  - 13.0 M

• Like 5

[Showbiz Korea]  Lee Jong-suk embarks on a global tour 

Lee Jong Suk to embark on a global tour. He will meet with his fans in each corner of the world.
Lee Jong Suk will start his tour this August with stops in Japan, Taiwan and other Asian cities.
He is the 1st Korean actor to hold such an event in North America and will stopping in LA, NYC and other regions.
The fans meets will show the actor’s love for his fans and their undying support and love!

All the best to Lee Jong Suk and his upcoming world tour!

• Like 6

37843308_1750897755028302_4733998951781367808_n.jpg?_nc_eui2=AeHXDj0nfJonrPGaRjYGFWVaXFtxjAqjkqvcqkB1Bs5bUaMO9eohEM4w5HGWvNIlbq4oBVA5XegEIip-QmFgz0sq

2018.07.31 oh_euisik IG Updated: 멤바쉽트레이닝 #승부 #설거지

Google translation: Membership Training #Match #washingdishes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl4UESlHtSA/?taken-by=oh_euisik

37342978_2141763896078444_1185200442989084672_n.jpg

2nd photo from Oh Eui Sik:joy:

#당신이 raised-hand-with-fingers-splayed_1f590.png낸사이에

Now I understend the meaning of Jong Suk's IG Update on yesterday - Jung Hae In was washing the dish rolling-on-the-floor-laughing_1f923.pngrolling-on-the-floor-laughing_1f923.pngrolling-on-the-floor-laughing_1f923.pngrolling-on-the-floor-laughing_1f923.pngrolling-on-the-floor-laughing_1f923.png

As I see, it the same team which were watching match and playing a game...

Lee Jong Suk, Oh Eui Sik, Lee Sang Yeob (2018 Hymn of Death)

Lee Jong Suk, Lee Sang Yeob, Shin Jae Ha, Jung Hae In, Hwang Min Sik (cameraman) and one more... (2017 While You Were Sleeping)

• Like 4

Aw...Ahn Jong Suk was such an endearing character! I'm watching Lawless Lawyer right now, and LJG's uncle is Jong Suk's dad from High Kick. I think of JS every time that guy comes on screen... JS was such a perfect mix of awkward and vulnerable and likable in that drama, you just want to hug him and tell him everything will be okay...

• Like 6

On 7/30/2018 at 12:42 PM, tsundoku06 said:

Hey guys, I'm a relatively new fan of Jongsuk here but I guess I have watched and read enough to form a picture of him as an actor and a person. Greetings to all of you, especially those who have been with him after all the years. 

I have a question, and I hope it won't disrupt the ongoing peace in this thread lol. I've been wondering if Jongsuk's hype in Korea has died down a little over the last few years, as I have not seen him ranked in those brand value thingy (such as the one just published for July), and he doesn't hold in that many endorsement deals anymore compared to when he first broke out up until maybe 2016. I don't know if his forever reluctance to broadcast himself as a "star" has something to do with this, or if he has really lost that momentum when it comes to public presence within his country. Don't get me wrong, I adore him and wouldn't care less if he's no longer the IT factor in the Korean cf industry, especially knowing his withdrawn personality. But since I wasn't able to follow his every step since the start and know not a single Korean word, I wonder if I missed something, hence this question. Just a worrying fan here lol. 

Hey welcome:D

Nah Jong Suk's brand is going strong. Last year he ranked No 5 in Gallup which is the biggest poll in SK. Brand value rankings go up when an actor has released a film or his drama is airing. Like when JS had VIP, he was topping film brand value ranks, and for while you were sleeping he was ranking high in Drama brand value list. Now he is in a hiatus which is why you will not see him in top 10, but wait till he comes back;)

As for cf, Sukkie has always been choosy, he has Lotte, gong cha, he is the face of Korean tourism, then SUM37 and some others. Lol if you go to SK you will see his face on buses, shopping malls and everywhere. And also photoshoots and magazine covers. 

Oh and international fans love him as well, he will be the first actor to hold a worldwide fanmeet. Oh and pretty much everything Frozie said in her comment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @Riman Rakshit  What do you mean Ceci will stop printing this year?  Is CeCi ceasing its publication?   Oh no ...  Jong Suk was with them for quite awhile and they made him look so good in everything!  I even have one of their songs - ME by bobby werner - baby, fat cat stuff --downloaded to my car player.   

and @ibru  thanks for the good new!   I like Park Bo Young too and as for Mr Lee Jong Suk, he is no 1, for me, under the male category.:wub:

@ibru  for Viki, Mr Lee is no 1, right?  Would you know?

• Like 4