Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

2018.04.02 @cosmopolitankorea IG Updated of Lee Jong Suk:

I just feel my heart beating with my back
Teaser video announcing new model of su:m 37! Have you seen everyone?

To make a leap into a global brand su:m 37 and the beginning of the new movie will be the right actor Lee Jong Suk (@ jongsuk0206)!

(Google Translated)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ibru said:

Lee Jong Suk signed an exclusive contract with YNK Entertainment and establish his management company "A-Man" 

Naver Article: http://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=410&aid=0000456989

Via:  Korean Updates   

https://mobile.twitter.com/KoreanUpdates/status/980978314864074753

Thanks @ibru for the great news!   I was just thinking the other day that he might be planning to establish his own management company to have a personalised focus on his representation as well as development. With his far-sighted move, he may venture into something more , branching into bigger horizons.    Way to go, Jong Suk-ssi !   Wishing you well.

2 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

Can somebody explain to me the difference between an agency and a management company? I pretty much understand how agencies work, but I don't get the management thing.

http://www.jvagency.com/articles/manager-vs-agent.php

Morning Frozie - not sure the above would help but kinda helpful to me , in general terms.  It appears JS want to have a say and authority on his development, being at that "prime" level.   Like designing a package that would position and continuously maintaining him at that level, apart from getting lucrative perks / benefits plus some form of "insurance" in the event of any misinterpretation.  

Please correct me if  I am wrong.  Haha!

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/04/lee-jong-suk-confirms-his-new-beginning-with-ynk-entertainment

Lee Jong Suk confirms his new beginning with YNK Entertainment

lee-jong-suk

Lee Jong Suk is now officially under YNK Entertainment

On April 3, YNK revealed, "We've signed an exclusive contract with Lee Jong Suk. As a result, we will be working with Lee Jong Suk's newly established management A-man to take responsibility of Lee Jong Suk's activities, both domestically and overseas."

Meanwhile, YNK Entertainment is home to Kim Hyun Joo, Shin Hye Sun, Stephanie Lee, and more. Good luck to Lee Jong Suk under his new label!

Congrats babe. I hope everything will be as you wish. :)
  • Like 5

So...he would be the head of a company that hires out managers, then? But not an actual personal manager, right? Now that I read that very helpful description (thank you, @kembie), I have a better idea of the difference between manager and agency. And I can think of someone else I know who has a manager, but that seems a lot more of a one-on-one job that is very, very time consuming, no? I am trying to understand how you could be a full time actor and also be a manager at the same time. So he wouldn't actually be someone's personal manager, but he'd run a company that has managers? Or am I still getting it wrong?

Sorry to be so obtuse. It's not like I know anybody personally who needs this resource, though...

• Like 2

@alaska.basin Knowing JS, he wants to have a say or control on what he is doing.  Like how me_gogogirl26 put in simply - JS wants to manage his activities freely even though he is with YNK.    In addition to getting the lucrative deals which he knows he can call the shots, he wants to explore into different fields,  laying out the best and safest possible way or platform for him to continuously be maintained at that level, with minimal hiccups. The outcome or aim is for long term, not short span, with intention to grow, perhaps not just for himself?  Who knows, maybe for that company he just set up?    Yes, this guy wants to manage his own thing specifically, in his own time.

Again, congratulations to Jong Suk.   Have always wanted him to come out this way - am so happy for him.  :heart:

Lee Jong Suk Sets Up New Agency And Partners With YNK Entertainment

Lee-Jong-Suk.jpg

Following his departure from YG Entertainment, Lee Jong Suk is having his own management agency partner with YNK Entertainment!

The agency released an official statement to announce that they signed a management contract with Lee Jong Suk. “Together with A-man, the management agency that Lee Jong Suk recently set up, we will be responsible for the actor’s domestic activities,” said YNK.

The CEO of YNK Entertainment commented, “He’s already at his best place as an actor, but Lee Jong Suk still has infinite potential when it comes to acting. Because he is an actor who has made leaps and bounds, we will work to create a new vision with him.”

Meanwhile, Lee Jong Suk will soon be filming for “Hymn of Death” with Shin Hye Sun, who is also under YNK Entertainment.

Source (1)

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/02/lee-jong-suk-sets-management-company-ynk-entertainment/

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

So...he would be the head of a company that hires out managers, then? But not an actual personal manager, right? Now that I read that very helpful description (thank you, @kembie), I have a better idea of the difference between manager and agency. And I can think of someone else I know who has a manager, but that seems a lot more of a one-on-one job that is very, very time consuming, no? I am trying to understand how you could be a full time actor and also be a manager at the same time. So he wouldn't actually be someone's personal manager, but he'd run a company that has managers? Or am I still getting it wrong?

Sorry to be so obtuse. It's not like I know anybody personally who needs this resource, though...

Jong Suk has established his own management  agency "A-Man" and made a partnership with YNK Entertainment. It means that he will decide by himself what to do, how to do to develop his acting career with help of YNK.

• Like 4

@frozentundra I'm not sure if I am correct but to put it simply,  A-Man will handle Lee Jong Suk and his career development while YNK will be on the forefront handling his work, contracts, and will be the go-to company whenever work finds Sukkie and in return it will be A-Man who will see to it that these works will fit in into the career path he/they had planned.

• Like 7