Lee Jong Suk 이종석 イ・ジョンソク ♥ Drama 2022: Big Mouth, 빅마우스 | Movie 2022: Decibel, 데시벨

hilllllllly

10 hours ago, Rania Zeid said:

So what that Mod said in wyws thread abt suzy carrying the whole drama is not acceptable at all thnx to @irenetan  who draw my attention to what he said cz i don't usually read his posts at all 

@Rania Zeid :wub::wub::wub:

What I would like to say is, everyone is subject to their own opinion but not every opinion is right.

Spoiler

Amen...

Opinion from a "netizen": It seems to me that he's sometimes reluctant in acting, he doesn't really seem to be enjoying himself, or fully emerged in his character. I feel LJS is not performing up to par.

Truth from Oh Choong-hwan, Director of "While You Were Sleeping", who have been with JS at the filming site; and also, as an industry insider, knows better the qualities of a top-notch actor (taken from the video below, starting from 2:05): 

If I can tell you an impressive moment, it was a scene which we were going to film 2 weeks later. But I saw Jong Suk walking around, mumbling something to himself. I wondered what was up and he was rehearsing the lines 2 weeks in advance, he's the kind who creates the breathing and elaborately plans everything out. He's the sole actor out of the cast to make the least amount of mistakes. He's an actor who does everything with precision so he's a superb actor, more than I had thought and is an actor who leaps over the expectations.

• Like 6

I felt the same way with a lot of you. The first 2 episodes captured my attention and I would have like that Jae Chan remained the way he was in episode 1 and and Hong Joo was fine with the comedic transformation. And you're right. Some drama are about the story, but WYWS did felt disjointed and that's the main reason it's losing my interest. At one point I force myself to continue I episode 4 and I actually went and watch Pinnochio instead and fell in love with that drama.

One thing for me when Im watching an actor's performance is not how emotional they get but if they portray the character that is given to them convincely and I do not feel as if LJS failed in this aspect. Ive seen a lot of drama with introvert characters being critique by the general viewers as 'underwhelming acting'. If you look at the movement of their eyes instead of their facial expressions, it would help a lot more. I'm an introvert myself and I do feel that what's written is justified. However I don't love his character & it will remain in my memory as such. 

The other thing I felt as if this show failed is its weak progressive plot (not the concept bc the concept is good) and the chemistry between our 2 leads. Suzy did very well with her character relationship with her mother but not LJS im the later episodes and it's vice versa for him. 

I would like to see LJS taking on a more challenging role the next time around. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, irenetan said:

@Rania Zeid :wub::wub::wub:

Reveal hidden contents

Amen...

Opinion from a "netizen": It seems to me that he's sometimes reluctant in acting, he doesn't really seem to be enjoying himself, or fully emerged in his character.

Truth from Oh Choong-hwan, Director of "While You Were Sleeping", who have been with JS at the filming site; and also, as an industry insider, knows better the qualities of a top-notch actor (taken from the video below, starting from 2:05): 

If I can tell you an impressive moment, it was a scene which we were going to film 2 weeks later. But I saw Jong Suk walking around, mumbling something to himself. I wondered what was up and he was rehearsing the lines 2 weeks in advance, he's the kind who creates the breathing and elaborately plans everything out. He's the sole actor out of the cast to make the least amount of mistakes. He's an actor who does everything with precision so he's a superb actor, more than I had thought and is an actor who leaps over the expectations.

:heart::heart::heart: :wub:

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, min woo said:

Me too! I can't wait to see this drama even if it's boring (which I hope not). 

Honestly I agree with you. It's LJS who's been breathing life to a seriously boring character. If it was for him acting Jae Chan, I would've already drop this drama. He's doing his best where the script lacks. If you look at Jae Chan without LJS in mind, you would notice that his character is really underdeveloped and blant. And I'm not being bias bc I'm a LJS fan. Before WYWS I was never a LJS fan even tho I've seen him around forever since and I've known LJS face for years as he debut. After I saw the first 2 episodes of WYWS, I began watching his other works and I came to like him as an actor.

Welcome to the fandom:blush:

Thanx for liking Jae Chan^_^, I realised I was focusing too much on the negative criticisms, people not liking Jae Chan that I almost forgot how many people like his character. I read comments saying how hilarious he is, how his expressions are comic gold. That counts for a lot too. Yes this might be his simplest character, but this shows a new side of Jong Suk which we have never seen before.

There will always be people who nitpick, has a different opinion but its good that many are appreciating jae Chan as well.

I agree JC on paper is a very bland, cold character, kudos to Sukkie for pulling it through. I love how he suddenly changes his voice, or that crazy expressions he makes:D 

• Like 4

I have to say that JJC is a totally new character for JS (which I appreciate). His attempts to avoid things outside his comfort zone are  hilarious. Hopefully the plot steps up for all characters. I do like the interaction between the three (JJC, WT, and NHJ as a trio).

• Like 3

haha chingus now let's be more positive:D This is our Sukkie we are talking about, he himself is a drama fan remember? he monitors his performances and when he feels its not good, tries to improve. Only this time being a pre-produced drama he cannot get the feedback while the drama is airing. he is also the guy who learns script by heart, and always criticises himself. 

He worked back to back in 4 difficult projects, among them his acting in VIP and W got acclaim:heart:

Even senior actors make mistakes on picking roles, so our Sukkie did the same mistake this time, but he did not even read the script, so there is that. Lets hope Jae Chan improves later on the show, shows some other complex side of him tho many episodes are not left, this will not be a favourite character of mine, or drama for that matter coz it is all over the place, but still lets hope his character shows some development!

Writer Song Jae jung sure knows how to write characters and build plots, I remember how much hyped W was in SK and internationally, and how much love our OTP got last year:heart:

Image result for kang chul gif

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Riman Rakshit said:

Welcome to the fandom:blush:

Thanx for liking Jae Chan^_^, I realised I was focusing too much on the negative criticisms, people not liking Jae Chan that I almost forgot how many people like his character. I read comments saying how hilarious he is, how his expressions are comic gold. That counts for a lot too. Yes this might be his simplest character, but this shows a new side of Jong Suk which we have never seen before.

There will always be people who nitpick, has a different opinion but its good that many are appreciating jae Chan as well.

I agree JC on paper is a very bland, cold character, kudos to Sukkie for pulling it through. I love how he suddenly changes his voice, or that crazy expressions he makes:D 

Thank you. :) I do have a soft spot for this drama that's why I'm hanging on. The drama is beautiful visually (concept is good as well) and I'm willing to ride til the end. I hope the scriptwriter will do justice for all the characters and plot points. I don't love Jae Chan after episode 3  (I'm at episode 8 only tho since I rely on subs from Viki) but I do like what little LJS did with it. 

14 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I have to say that JJC is a totally new character for JS (which I appreciate). His attempts to avoid things outside his comfort zone are  hilarious. Hopefully the plot steps up for all characters. I do like the interaction between the three (JJC, WT, and NHJ as a trio).

I read that he accepted the role without reading the script. I don't think it was his intention. In VIP he did venture outside of his comfort zone and I only hope to see him doing more challenging roles in the future. And you're right. When it's the 3 of them together (JC, HJ, and WT) it's actually really good. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Riman Rakshit said:

He worked back to back in 4 difficult projects, among them his acting in VIP and W got acclaim:heart:

Even senior actors make mistakes on picking roles, so our Sukkie did the same mistake this time, but he did not even read the script, so there is that. Lets hope Jae Chan improves later on the show, shows some other complex side of him tho many episodes are not left, this will not be a favourite character of mine, or drama for that matter coz it is all over the place, but still lets hope his character shows some development!

I notice that's he's quite the pessimistic eh. Ive read some of his interviews and he is always criticizing himself. :(

When I watch a few of his BTS, he is very serious... he does have his fun moments but he rarely make mistakes and I do admire that about him. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, min woo said:

I notice that's he's quite the pessimistic eh. Ive read some of his interviews and he is always criticizing himself. :(

When I watch a few of his BTS, he is very serious... he does have his fun moments but he rarely make mistakes and I do admire that about him. 

He is a pessimistic person, and generally have low self esteem:(

He said recently how he is insomniac, and stays awake all night, it has a lot to do with his personality, I wonder why he feels so down these days, slump maybe. Anyway, he seemed happy in Halloween in his cafe, it feels nice to see him have fun.

Sometimes we forget underneath that Hallyu star there is a shy young boy, who is just like any of us, trying to be better , seeing him in 3MAD is refreshing, since we saw that side!

• Like 3

JS is as cool as Kang Chul and as shy as Jae Chan. He can act, he can dance, he has brains, he has incredible sensitivity to other people. He is hard on himself (too hard) and tries for such high heights. I wish (as Han Hyo Joo mentioned in an interview last year) that he could see that he IS good enough. Wish he could see himself the way his friends and fans see him. Personally, I love knowing that he is a person with strengths and weaknesses. I really admire the way he acknowledges weaknesses and then tries to address them. I find it inspiring as a person and as an artist. And yes, as you noticed, @min woo, he may have a youthful aura on screen, but as HHJ commented,  he is actually very mature and serious when it comes to his professional work.

Basically, Jong Suk is a guy with a lot of talents, and honestly a good heart. I really appreciate him for who he is, and hope for the best for him in his life, whether professional or personal or both.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Riman Rakshit said:

He is a pessimistic person, and generally have low self esteem:(

He said recently how he is insomniac, and stays awake all night, it has a lot to do with his personality, I wonder why he feels so down these days, slump maybe. Anyway, he seemed happy in Halloween in his cafe, it feels nice to see him have fun.

Sometimes we forget underneath that Hallyu star there is a shy young boy, who is just like any of us, trying to be better , seeing him in 3MAD is refreshing, since we saw that side!

His personality is somewhat similar to my own, but that's not really good esp with his workload and career type. People who are critical of themselves and their works usually tend to have a low esteem so I do see why he's like that. They tend to have too much brain activity, always worrying or thinking (too much) about something (even trivial matters). When is his military enlistment due?

5 hours ago, frozentundra said:

JS is as cool as Kang Chul and as shy as Jae Chan. He can act, he can dance, he has brains, he has incredible sensitivity to other people. He is hard on himself (too hard) and tries for such high heights. I wish (as Han Hyo Joo mentioned in an interview last year) that he could see that he IS good enough. Wish he could see himself the way his friends and fans see him. Personally, I love knowing that he is a person with strengths and weaknesses. I really admire the way he acknowledges weaknesses and then tries to address them. I find it inspiring as a person and as an artist. And yes, as you noticed, @min woo, he may have a youthful aura on screen, but as HHJ commented,  he is actually very mature and serious when it comes to his professional work.

I love Kang Cheol. I hope to see him in more thrillers. He has a perfectionist mindset. Sadly, he will never be easy on himself and see himself as good enough. In a way, that's good bc that's his drive but I do hope he takes it easy on himself sometimes. How could he not be good enough when there's so many ppl who admires him. 

• Like 7

Still images of Yoon Gyun-Sang and Lee Sung-Kyung’s cameo in SBS drama series “While You Were Sleeping”

While-You-Were-Sleeping-CO22.jpg

Here’s still images of Yoon Gyun-Sang and Lee Sung-Kyung making a cameo appearance in SBS drama series “While You Were Sleeping.” Yoon Gyun-Sang and Lee Sung-Kyung accepted the cameo roles because they previously worked with Director Oh Choong-Hwan in SBS drama series “Doctors” and they are also friends with Lee Jong-Suk. For their cameo appearance, Yoon Gyun-Sang and Lee Sung-Kyung will play a couple. Their cameo appearance will appear tonight, November 1, 2017 in South Korea.

While-You-Were-Sleeping-CO33.jpgWhile-You-Were-Sleeping-CO44.jpg

http://blog.asianwiki.com/korean-dramas/still-images-of-yoon-gyun-sang-and-lee-sung-kyungs-cameo-in-sbs-drama-series-while-you-were-sleeping

• Like 5

“While You Were Sleeping” Previews Lee Sung Kyung And Yoon Kyun Sang’s Cameo In New Stills

While-You-Were-Sleeping33.jpg

The next episode of “While You Were Sleeping” will feature a appearance from two special actors!

On November 1, the drama released stills featuring Lee Jong Suk’s “Doctors” costars Lee Sung Kyung and Yoon Kyun Sang. The “While You Were Sleeping” director also directed “Doctors.”

Lee Sung Kyung and Yoon Kyun Sang will play an affectionate couple wearing matching pink clothes and taking a sweet selfie together. 

Suzy’s character Nam Hong Joo and Lee Jong Suk’s character Jung Jae Chan are also on a date and are watching Lee Sung Kyung and Yoon Kyun Sang. Contrasting to the lovey dovey couple, Nam Hong Joo and Jung Jae Chan shyly pose for the camera.

The humorous dates of the two couples can be viewed on the November 1 episode.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/31/while-you-were-sleeping-previews-lee-sung-kyung-yoon-kyun-sangs-cameo-new-stills/

• Like 3