EP 02: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev02_m.asf

resusc025zl.jpg

EP 03: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev03_m.asf

resusc036ba.jpg

EP 04: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev04_m.asf

EP 05: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev05_m.asf

credits for translations goes to HwAnNiE's AnGeL_1004, creagreen, and others

EP 06: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev06_m.asf

Haeun holds onto his brother’s lifeless body and suffers from severe pain and sorrow. Haeun changes into his dead brother’s (Shinhyuk) clothes and has an icy stare in his eyes. Haeun throws away his identity and ‘resurrects’ himself into the dead Shinhyuk, promising to have vengeance on the people who made the two brother’s joyous reunion after 20 years into such a tragic event. While all this is going on, Eunha and her father confirm Haeun’s corpse, and Eunha becomes lost in sadness. Soochul (Haeun’s detective friend) is suffering with the guilt of telling Dongchan (the bad guy who carries out all the dirty work) where Haeun’s hideout was located. Shinhyuk’s corpse is claimed as the body of Haeun, and Haeun’s (really Shinhyuk’s dead body) funeral is silently carried out because he died without the ‘honor’ of a policeman (he was framed with carrying drugs and killing their department chief). The unexpected death of ‘Haeun’ (really Shinhyuk) alarm the two conspirators Taejoon and Sanggook, and they order Dongchan ( bad guy who carries out their dirty work) to cover up his mistake (they weren’t planning on killing anyone). Leehwa (twins’ mother) becomes ill and worries about the weird intuition that tells her something ominous was going to happen to her son (nightmares and breaking the picture that her son treasured the most). Haeun, who turned himself into Shinhyuk, uses a short vacation as an excuse to find all the information his twin brother Shinhyuk possessed...

EP 07: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev07_m.asf

Haeun, disguised as a priest, goes to meet Yang Man Chul (one of the two men that murdered his dad in the accident) and is able to remember the day of the car accident that took place 20 years ago. He becomes enraged after he finds out how his dad died. Haeun goes to Inchul’s (Shinhyuk’s stepfather; his mother’s new husband) house, and feels mixed emotions as he is greeted as ‘Shinhyuk’ by his birth mother (who is unaware of Shinhyuk’s death).

Eunha and her father go to Haeun’s best friend Soochul (fellow police officer), and express anger about Haeun’s wrongful death. At the scene Kang Ju (reporter who liked the deceased Shinhyuk) randomly hears this information and wants to write a story on it. Eunha tries to put her sorrow behind her as she starts her first day at her new job at Moorung Architectural Company. On the same day, Haeun goes to work under the identity of Shinhyuk, as the vice president of this same company. Haeun is faced with complicated business matters such as labor and management conflicts and the convention center project that is hosted by Moorung Architectural.

The death of Yang Man Chul (guy who murdered his dad in the accident) brings Soo Chul (Haeun’s friend) to the hospital to confirm Yang Man Chul’s death. Soo Chul finds out that Haeun (his real name was Yoo Kang Hyuk) and Yoo Shin Hyuk were TWIN brothers. Eunha gets drunk at a new employee welcoming party and runs toward Haeun who appears like an allusion, and Jin Woo (one of the evil conspirator’s son/ Shinhyuk’s business rival) sees Eunha in sorrow. Haeun discovers the password to Shinhyuk’s diary and is able to find out information about Shinhyuk’s life and relations with the people around him. Haeun finds out that Shinhyuk’s plan to marry Kang Ju was the most urgent problem to his twin brother Shinhyuk…

EP 08: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev08_m.asf

Everybody is surprised by Haeun’s abrupt cancellation of the engagement.

His stepfather is worried but his mom takes his side and marriage should not be forced.

Taejun is worried what the break of the engagement signified and his colleague uses this situation to show his own ambition to go into Government/power and starts to kind of push/con Taejun.

Sangkook has drinks with Haeun about the break of the engagement—inadvertently giving away a weakness that might be used against Taejun.

A frustrated Haeun with the labor problems of the company finds a solution and meets with a person to start his own revenge, slowly.

Jinwoo calls Eunha and tells her of his feelings but desolate Eunha shows no response.

Kangjoo accidentally hears of Haeun’s unfair situation/treatment from Haeun’s adopted father and starts investigating.

The sudden appearance of Haeun as Shinhyuk leaves Eunha thinking that a miracle is possible…

EP 09: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev09_m.asf

In the orientation reception for the new employees, Eunha and Haeun meets and it makes it more unbelievable that to her that Haeun is dead and the more Haeun tries to avoid Eunha.

Haeun is using chon (investigator/conartist) to help dead Yan Manchur's wife and to investigate Taejoon's past.

When Haeun gets home he asked his mother to prepare dinner for him and makes her suspicious....he is acting so unlike the old Shinhyuk.

Kangjoo finds out that Haeun is the dead twin brother of Shinhyuk's and tells Haeun/Shinhyuk that Haeun is dead.

Dongchan is trying to coerce Sangkook to give the rights to the hotel by using blackmail.

During the project meeting, Haeun and Eunha meets again and they try to go through it as if they are not bothered by seeing each other.

A first message arrives to Kangjoo concerning the case she is working on...

The investigator Chon finds out that Taejoon has a hidden son and also having met Haeun two years before....

EP 10: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev10_m.asf

EP 11: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev11_m.asf

Eunha, after listening to HaEun's humming, follows with rising hopes...

To KangJu, a second message arrives as she is investigating the suicide of a employee at the Gun-Sul-Bo.

She found that HaEun had been suspecting DongChan and went to meet him. (as in, KangJu went to meet DongChan. ^^; )

Suh JaeSu goes to HaEun to meet him (at his work place) but gets refused.

Later, HaEun goes to the Po-gang-ma-cha and takes home the drunk JaeSu.

After finding themselves (HaEun and EunHa) together in their living room after a period of time, the only thing that passes between them is awkward silence.

Chun Sajang finda TaeJun's ____ (i have NO idea what 사생아 means) and helps him out of some kind of problem.

DongChan redoubles his efforts in order to have control of the star hotel and MiJung is beginning to have interest in the hotel also.

SooChul goes to the hospital where Kyung Kido is hospitalized and gives one of the people a picture of HaEun and gets a description.

KangGu finds out that the person who in charge of investigating the suicide that happened 20 years ago was HaEun's father, GunHa...

EP 12: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev12_m.asf

KangJoo goes to visit Kyung Kido where he is hospitalized and learns that the death of Yoo GunHa might not be an accident and goes to meet her father to ask the name of the past employee that he had. (basically, that's Im DaeShik)

SooChul gets suspicious about HaEun's way of talking and habits and asks around, HaEun begins to resent Soochul, who couldn't keep the promise with his older brother.. (O_O what the..? where does this fit in?

JinWoo finds out that the person EunHa loves is dead and after realizing that fact, he goes off to find EunHa..

TaeJoon's illegimate child, HeeSoo, meets HaEun, who had helped her/him by helping him/her not go to jail and gets a shocking preposition.

EunHa, who gets invited to InChul's (ShinHyuk/HaEun's step father) house and meets HaEun..

When HaEun says that he would take her home, she turns away from him in a impulsive manner.. (eh?)

KangJoo begins to feel some kind of compassion for HaEun, who has become a stranger to her.

JinWoo and HaEun meet once again at the Convention center meeting.. (or has a show down?)

While tension is in the air, HaEun asks EunHa to explain her design concept for him

EP 13: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev13_m.asf

SooChul, who secretly followed HaEun, doesn't get forgiveness from HaEun..

KangJoo finds that the person who had met Yang ManChul (while in jail) was Kyung BanJang (the police guy who's in the hospital).

On the other hand, HeeSoo (TaeJoon's (KangJoo's father) illegimate son), gets transformed into Steven Lee of the "Lion Funds." He gets a suite at the Star Hotel and slowly begins to show himself to TaeJoon.

J&C and MooNeung GunSul (Shinhyuk's company) are competing over the design of the convention center in KangNeung...

HaEun gets points from the judging committee through his hard work while Jinwoo gets points by his extensive lobbying and bribery.

With the re-match at hand, both Jinwoo and HaEun compete once more to catch the eye of Kang, who seems to be the person with the final say in the judging committee.

TaeJoon, who becomes uncomfortable with KangJoo's questions, meets with the head of the newspaper company and asks that KangJoo get transferred to another station. A senior reporter, upon hearing this, tells KangJoo about the conversation in an unapproving way.

KangJoo ends up at JaeSoo's (EunHa's father) pojangmacha and gets drunk. EunHa later calls HaEun so that he could pick up KangJoo.

JaeSoo finds a picture of Yang ManChul in some files that KangJoo accidentally left behind. JaeSoo tells KangJoo that it was Yang ManChul who had left HaEun on his doorsteps 20 years ago...

EP 14: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev14_m.asf

His stepfather is really suprised that Ha-Eun got the convention contract and Jin-woo and his father felt very bitter at their loss and promises to win it back again.

During the celebration party, Ha-Eun dances with Eun-ha somehow but Eun-ha runs off because she couldn't stand it and Ha-eun looks at her feeling tortured.

Jin-woo asks Eun-ha to have dinner and she can't refuse him easily and learns of his pain and consoles him.

Ha-eun gets drunk and unconsciously goes over to his old house and sees Jin-woo walking with Eun-ha and feels as if his heart is breaking/stopping.

On the other hand, Ha-Eun's best friend who betrayed him feels such guilt that he tries to find the man who blackened Ha-Eun's reputation but instead finds that man's girlfriend, while doing so he gets caught by Dong-Chan(the bad guy with the bulldose nose)

Ha-Eun peruades Tae-Joon, Kang-Joo's father to help him with the convention project and Tae-Joon slowly walks into Ha-Eun's big plot...

EP 15: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev15_m.asf

Kang-Joo finds out that the day Ha-Eun(Shin-hyuk) died that Shin-Hyuk was at the hotel and she asks Ha-Eun why he didn’t tell her. Ha-Eun tells Kang-Joo to stop working on the case

Tae-Joon and Sang-Kook is trying to investigate if Shin-Hyuk(Ha-Eun) knows of the death of his brother.

Ha-Euns’ stepfather is also suspicious of Ha-Eun’s change in character and subtly questions Ha-Eun’s secretary and the secretary also becomes suspicious because of what Shin-hyuk asked him to do the night they were at the hotel, that is, asked him to pretend that he was Shin-hyuk and stay in the room.

Jin-woo is trying for another reconstruction project (I’m not sure what it is) anyway his competitor is once again Ha-Eun and Ha-Eun and the interior design team with Eun-Ha is trying to get the project going…

Tae-joon’s son now working for Ha-eun and disguised as Steven Lee of a big corporation meets with Tae-Joon to ask for his help in setting up some kind of gas (?) network construction and if he helps him that Steven promises him money.

On Kang-Joo’s birthday, Kang-Joo asks Ha-Eun to give her a present and forces him to take her to a shop and pick out a gift. While trying to pay for the present, from Ha-Eun’s wallet the bracelet falls out.

On the birthyday celebration party, Ha-Eun and Eun-Ha, Jinwoo all got invited without knowing each other was invited…

EP 16: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev16_m.asf

EP 17: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev17_m.asf

EP 18: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev18_m.asf

EP 19: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev19_m.asf

While Kyung Kido regains consciousness, he calls for HaEun, but HaEun claims to be Shinhyuk, hiding his true self.

Both TaeJoon and Inchul try to trace back to the person who put an ad in the newpaper looking for Min SooYun, TaeJoon's ex-lover. (maybe HeeSoo's mother?)

Meanwhile, DongChan gets a phone call from SangChul, who claims that he knows the truth about what happened to Im DaeShik. (that it was murder, not suicide.)

HeeSoo asks that SangGook invest in Lion Funds, and Chun Sajang offers to transfer all of the stocks to MiJung before the meeting. (where they'll decide who's going to be in that Star Hotel top spot.)

Kyung Kido learns the truth about "HaEun"'s death and while in shock, he turns to the flowers next to his bed and sees the name "Kyung Sangdo."

KangJoo gets a "disciplinary punishment" from her senior; she tells Jinwoo that his father was involved in that particular incident 20 years ago.

Late at night, EunHa gets a call from an employee at a bar and she ends up taking a drunk HaEun to his home.

Chun SaJang and HeeSoo take Kyung Kido to a catholic nursing home, avoiding DongChan's underlings.

When HaEun goes to the nursing home to see Kyung Kido, all Kyung Kido does is hold HaEun's hand and say KangHyuk's name over and over...

EP 20: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev20_m.asf

When Taejoon and Sanggook find out that Kyung Kido had vanished they lay the blame on Dongchan, fearing that the truth would be revealed.

With an injured pride, DongChan tries to find Kyung Kido but gets hospitalized because of the threats/terrorizing or SangChul.

Meanwhile, Jinwoo finds out that someone is creating the commotion (with the stock of Star Hotel).

KangJoo slowly begins to realize the truth about J&C.

As DongChan's dream of holding Star Hotel in his hand vanishes because of the stocks that MiJung(Jinwoo's stepmother) has, he becomes consumed with rage.

SangGook, feeling betrayed by MiJung, asks for a divorce.

Jinwoo goes to JaeSoo's Pojangmacha and tells him that he'll never give up on EunHa but EunHa still won't open her heart to him.

Meanwhile, ShinYoung happens to find HaEun's bracelet (that EunHa made him)...

EunHa, who gets invited over to HaEun's house by his mother, sees the bracelet that ShinYoung found while talking with HaEun's mother

EP 21: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev21_m.asf

EP 22: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev22_m.asf

EunHa is surprised/horrified after seeing HaEun's place. (the one with the pictures)

She asks HaEun to forget everything and come back to his old life, but HaEun asks her to trust him and wait for him.

TaeJoon and SangGook, who had been suspecting another person's involvement in their schemes, shake with fear as pictures and a letter arrive.

Jinwoo, after realizing that their funds (of J&C) were dangerously low, goes to DongChan and warns him not to threaten his father. However, Dongchan tells him of his father's credit debt (i think.).

MiJung, who got the divorce papers from SangGook, gets Jinwoo's secretary over to her side, following the advise of Chun Sajang.

Kyung KiDo makes his desire to return to job clear and goes to Yang ManChul's wife asking her to give witness to the fact that DongChan threatened her and also discovers that DongChan's brother is InChul's secretary..

IeHwa(HaEun's mother) goes into shock after finding out that ShinHyuk(HaEun) is in fact KangHyuk.

InChul, after finding out that the two brothers met, asks HaEun and after finding out, is horrified.

KangJoo finds out that the place that was going to sue her did so at the request of her father, TaeJoon and also finds out that HeeSoo is the son of Min SooYun..

At his meeting with SangChul, HaEuns finds out that the person who ordered SangChul to place a false lead (remember that HaEun's father went to KangNeung in response to a witness calling?) was InChul

EP 23: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/prev/prev23_m.asf

HaEun, who found out about the involvement of InChul through SangChul, meets EunHa and is comforted by her.

HeeSoo finds out that Min SooYun is his mother from his grandmother... As HaEun and Chun SaJang persuade him to leave the country, HeeSoo asks for time to find his mother.

MiJung gives Chun SaJang a copy of SangGook's lobbying details. (it was a USB memory thing apparently. the need to mention it...? ;; ) Yang ManChul's wife goes to Kyung Kido and gives him a threatening letter that DongChan had given her.

After KangJoo finds out that Steven Lee is HeeSoo, she goes to her father to ask if HeeSoo is really his son. The real Steven Lee appears before SangGook and Taejoon...

HaEun receives a letter from a priest from the church that Im DaeShik had written just before his death. Whiles trying to find out the meaning of the words written there, he finds another letter from the church..

After reading the letter HaEun..

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from ssangjjangxd who's interning on the set of the drama Resurrection!

June 24th 2005

"hi. well, i'm pretty new here (not really cus i've been just browsing without commenting for a long time now xp). i finished my first day of interning with boo hwal today. there's just one word to describe it. incredible. =) i saw um tae woong with his pants off. he was shooting a park scene with chun sa jang for the end of 9 and 10 and his shirt came undone, so he unzipped his pants to tuck it in, but his pants fell all the way down. lol. navy blue boxers. in korea, when they shoot car driving scenes, they put the car on a tow truck and film like that. i also got to ride that and watch um tae woong and han ji min practice a scene for an hour and a half. long but fun, just driving around til they got their scenes done. um tae woong is really cute, i noticed that he really messes up a lot. the director makes fun of him cus he makes so many ngs and always forgets his lines. =) wow and han ji min is a friggin doll. she's so small. but she's also really pretty. there's one thing that i realized today, after my first day. a lot of credit never goes to the staff who work on these dramas. they work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, well usually they get wednesdays off. but work starts at 7 in the morning and usually doesn't end til 3 or 4 in the morning the next day. when i started my internship, they told me it was going to be hard, but i didn't realize til i saw how tired they were. but yeah, lots of props to the staff. well, i'm off to sleep because i have a long long long day tomorrow. sorry if i bored you guys with my internship news. i'm just very excited and happy about it. =) "

June 26 2005

well after interning for a couple days on this set, i dont think i will ever watch dramas the same way again. it's so crazy how they film it. i takes them like an hour to film a couple seconds of a scene and a couple hours to film a couple minutes ofa scene. i finally got to eat lunch with um tae woong. he's really really nice. i told him and han ji min about all the dedicated fans on soompi and they said thank you for watching the drama. =) they are all really nice and kick back people.

question from creagreen:

Wow, you got to eat with the stars. It must be great..and they are all nice! I have to ask you this because my sister is making me but she wants to know if um tae woong have a girlfriend? (sorry about that).

I hope you are having a great experience. What kind of internship is it? Are you part of the filming crew? Have you ever interned in the states. Is there a difference between the two?

"no, he doesn't have a girlfriend. the stars are way too busy to have a relationship. =) it's funny cus yesterday, the director called um tae woong dumb and dumber cus he always messes up his lines and acting. yesterday, they were filming this serious scene and it was all quiet on the set, and someone farted really loudly and um tae woong bust out laughing messing up the whole filming. it was really cute. xp and i am having an AWESOME experience on the set. i wouldn't really call it an internship. i'm just following them around everywhere and learning little bits and pieces of everything; directing, filming, lighting, props, etc. my dad is friends wit the director so that's how i got it. and nope i've never interned in the states, i have gone on a couple sets before to check it out. and there is a big difference between how korea and america film. korea films mostly outdoors. so they're outside in real places most of the time. whoevers in korea, i would tell u guys where they film outdoors but it differs a lot and i dont kno til the day of. they film a lot in parks and such. last time we were in asia park in jam shil. oh and i'll try to upload pictures when i get the time. =) i'm sure u guys would like to see pictures of wut goes on behind the scenes. xp"

June 29 2005:

"hi everyone. well, like i said, here's some pictures i took on the set during my internship. i can't put too many pictures up so here's just a couple. i'm sure no one has these pictures b/c after all i did take them yesterday on the set. =)"

sroom7ea.jpg

Eun-ha's room.

13939015ic.jpg

Eun-ha shooting a scene for episode 9

14040247oh.jpg

um tae woong falling asleep while the lighting director lectures him. this was at like 3 in the morning.

13838771ks.jpg

took this while um tae woong and the girl who plays his younger sister were waiting to shoot their scene. jeez, this girl is like 3 years younger than me but she was towering over me.

13838789py.jpg

eun ha and the lady who plays shin hyuk's mom.

credits to ssangjjangxd

more pics from ssangjjangxd!

"hi. today is one of my 2 days out of the week i have to rest. so i'll post up some more pictures today. oh yeah, and i'm actually comin out twice in episode 12. xp one, at the poh jang mah cha and the other u can see my reflection in the window of the bus that eun ha is on both in episode 12. =) and here are some more behind the scene pictures. (sorry, some of them are blurry cus i can't put the flash on and when the flash is off, my camera tends to take blurry pictures. so sorry. xp)"

14343176br.jpg

we got so many mosquito bites filming this scene. and there was a huge crowd watchin. it was hard to get everyone to stay quiet during the scene.

14242057qk.jpg

this is how they film the car driving scenes. they put the car on the orange thingie and film like that. it's fun to watch but even more awesome to ride it. xp

14242195vp.jpg

this is um tae woong gettin ready right before his scene in his car. that's his coordinator behind him.

14141984mr.jpg

so yi hyun filming a library scene. we filmed this at some national library or something.

14141339vv.jpg

the same night that we filmed this scene, we filmed the scene where i'm in as an extra. =)

14242515hu.jpg

the bus scene where i'm a passenger on the bus and u can see my reflection in the window. whenever they do bus scenes they rent out the whole bus and film it. it's crazy.

14242535ez.jpg

this is how crowded it gets in the bus whenever they film. all the staff are needed so they squeeze most of them in there.

14141667us.jpg

filming so yi hyun at a hospital. there were a lot of people watchin here too. and some people kept trying to walk back and forth in the camera's view to try to get on tv. it was funny.

14040395gl.jpg

at a bar for a scene with ha eun and kang ju. the bar was pretty nice.

"well that's it for now. hope u guys enjoyed the pictures. oh and if any of u guys are korean baseball fans. in episode 14, a catcher on the hyundai team named kim dong su is gonna have a brief appearance. they said he was really famous in korea but yeah. he came to visit the set yesterday and the director said he had to go in there as an extra. so he passes by the camera in the police station. that's all for now. whenever i have more time i'll post more up but i probably won't have to much time for the next couple days. sorry. xp hope u guys enjoyed."

responding to a quote from icy_blue

Thanks for the pictures... It's nice that they let you take pictures of the cast and the set. I can't believe how good-looking Uhm Tae-woong is in real life... How old is Uhm Tae-woong exactly? 28? 29? That's not too old for me... *wink* *wink*

"yeah. my first day at the internship, i asked if i was allowed to take pictures and bring my video camera and they said that normally people aren't allowed to take pictures but the staff can take as many pictures as they want. xp it's awesome. and korean age um tae woong is about 31. i think american age is about 29? not sure. yeah, the stars don't put on a lot of make up. they say that it gives the more "natural" look. so, they just touch up the faces somewhat wit a lil bit of make up and then the rest of the time just slightly put blush on and stuff. i was pretty surprised myself but how they look on tv is exactly how they look in real life. xp "

some pictures taken at the July 19th press conference:

20050719180524002.jpg

9420050719_17743781.jpg

the cast of Resurrection held another press conference today (July 19th)

20050719165940003.jpg

wonder why the two are like this?

according to purpletiger86, the 2 were asked what can they do best in their acting. The two both said: the kiss scene--the one and only kiss scene they had so far and those who've seen the NG clip all know how well that went! =P

from ssangjjangxd:

"i'm finally back in the states and done with my internship. already missing everyone in korea. well, as i promised here's a couple more pics for today."

14848945xg.jpg

a walking scene. my second to last day on the set. don't remember what episode it's for tho. xp

14848719zm.jpg

u can see eun ha and ha eun in the far corner. i don't remember which episode it's for. ok so i don't really remember which episodes a lot of these pics are for. lol. xp bad memory on my part, but yeah this is the scene where they're coming back from visiting shin hyuk's grave and jin woo is waiting in front of eun ha's house.

14848666ub.jpg

han ji min and um tae woong waiting for the cameras to start rolling. same scene as the one above.

14848567ar.jpg

kang ju and her coordinator fixing her hair.

14848442rg.jpg

kang ju in the midst of the staff waiting for her scene to start.

14848161mp.jpg

hmm. wonder wut the camera director is filming.

14848232kt.jpg

he's filming this scene. =) where eun ha starts to have certain suspicions and confronts ha eun.

14747843yx.jpg

filming the scene where the cops make an arrest.

14747949ba.jpg

more of the arrest scene.

14848027ea.jpg

all the resurrection staff watching the arrest scene from the director's moniter.

14747184cf.jpg

jin woo and eun ha having dinner.

14747024vj.jpg

all the staff watching the scene mentioned above from across the room.

14646754yr.jpg

eun ha and jin woo (along with the staff) outside after having dinner. well technically before having dinner because this scene was filmed before the dinner scene.

14646540ol.jpg

close up of eun ha and jin woo

14646413wp.jpg

this is the same place as the picture above where jin woo and eun ha had dinner. before they started filming and were setting everything up, a couple of the staff decided to take a little nap. =)

"that's all for now. i'll post more pictures up when i get the chance. =) hope u guys enjoyed."

some Resurrection trivia, from dahmi36:

" on how UTW got cast as the lead..

actually the part that they first offered him was that of Jung Jinwoo..

now..the Jung jinwoo's part in the show was quite large and important at that point before the actual shooting started, he was supposed to end up getting engaged to Eunha and be a major antagonist to Haeun/Khanghyuk in every way..

but the actor who was first offered the part of Haeun/Khanghyuk, Park Yongwoo, had some trouble with his film-shooting schedules and...

UTW KEPT SHOWING UP IN THE PRODUCER'S DREAMS WHILE HE WAS SLEEPING!!!

so the producer gave the part to UTW and held an open audition to cast Jung Jinwoo instead..but it seems both the PD and the writer decided Koh Juwon's acting was not quite up to par with what they first had in mind for UTW, so as the story goes on the part gets smaller and smaller..and now he has less lines than Detective Jhang..^^

- on the reaction on the KBS Resurrection Homepage freeboard..

the viewer's postings is expected to hit the the MILLION mark before noon today..

making Resurrection the second show ever to have a million+ board, the first being DAMO ("I'm sorry. I love you." also has more than a million postings but that came after the show ended I think..)

- do you know..the reason Choi Dongchan is in a wheelchair?..

it's not because of Park Sangchul's attack..

it's because the actor plunged 20 meters when he went on a hike in the middle of shooting for epi18 and ended up with a..not broken, but "shattered" leg..

he underwent a 5 hour operation on saturday, implanting a steel rod in his thigh, was back on the set thursday to go on shooting, all the while apologizing for causing so trouble and worrying that the quality of the show might somehow be compromised..

pretty amazing..! that's the kind of spirit that everybody involved with the show has shown I think..in making the show one of the best ever..

- a little treat for the crew..

people at the DC-Resurrection Gallery, an independent entertainment forum, had the idea of sending the crew of Resurrection a little treat..something to show their appreciation of the show?..and they ended up collecting around $1700 in less than 5hours..they had to close the account to stop more money from pouring in..

with the money they got together goodies for 90 people -Pizza, fried chicken, duck all wrapped personally with custom-made Resurrection stickers, also designed by the fans and with short messages from the fans..

and after carrying it all to the entrance of the KBS studio, they leave it all the entrance and PHONE the crew to get it..they didn't want to distract the actors and the crew by visiting the set personally..that was very touching..

the Resurrection team responded by filming the actors and the crew eating it all up and saying thank-you..and posting the film on the KBS homepage in the "Making Film" section..that was totally unexpected and gracious and, needless to say, made the fans very happy..."

and if you guys are wondering about that "Making Story" clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain30_300.asf

Also, if you're wondering abou this Park Yongwoo, you might remember him as that no good boyfriend who left Um-pah w/ his debt, unborn child, and jilted her at the atler in Terms of Endearment.

more from dahmi36:

was skimming what you've written here..and I came across Creidesca lamenting about the lack of preview for epi 23..^^

there's a little story behind that too..and that is..

Resurrection is one drama whose making was completely free and independent from viewer influence..the viewers had complete trust in the writer and the pd and the atmosphere was pretty much.."do as you like..whatever you throw us we're ready to gobble it up "..

but there was one thing that the fans requested at the end of epi22 and that was that there be no spoilers-on air previews included-for the remaining episodes..they really wanted to watch the show unaware but they didn't have the willpower to turn off as the preview came on..

well, it was made half jokingly on the DC freeboard..but it seems one of the crew was with them while they talked and promised to tell the PD about it and..what do you know~..no preview for epi 23 at the end of epi22! and although they aired a preview later on, it was completely different from previous ones in that it was edited in such a way you couldn't possibly tell what was coming up next..

now, most korean dramas shoot on very tight schedule, and the previews disappear halfway through because they simply don't have any footage to make a preview out of, but it was not the case for resurrection - they wrapped it up quite nicely ahead of schedule and are coming back from an overnight trip together to celebrate as I write this..

they could have easily made a very juicy preview from what they had..but..well..

this morning, it's been officially declared on the KBS homepage..that there will be neither written nor aired previews provided for epi24..and the viewers are left free to shake and shiver in anticipation..

Resurrection will probably be remembered as the only drama to air previews right up to the end..and also as the only drama to have no previews aired at the request of it's fans..

[div][class=blockquote/]and...what's the "event" popup that I just noticed at the official hp of Resurrection?[/div]

the "event pop-up" is to celebrate the millionth posting on the viewer's board at the hp..describe the drama Resurrection in 20 letters or less to win prizes given out by KBS..

a little story concerning the ratings~

at the beginning of july, one of the fans at the DC Resurrection gallery wrote on the board that she had a dream that the show had a 23% rating..

what made a lot of people remember this was that she described herself as a "bit of a psychic"..and the people were all going "oh if only that might come to be true..

remember..this was when the ratings for the show were holding steady at 9% with no sign of going up..

thie morning when I had my first look at last night's ratings, over 20%!, my heart skipped a beat and I automatically thought of her and as it turned out, so did a lot of other people~

she herself came out again to declare she seriously would consider her future as a professioal fortuneteller if her prediction came true tonight

Guest Priscilla

***I JUST REALIZED THAT Creidesca posted the same things right before I posted, so I deleted the duplicates, and I transfered them to UTW thread instead: http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...107entry82107

But ADDING TO Creidesca's quotes from Dahmi36... here are more, from the original RESURRECTION THREAD @ Soompi.

WRITTEN Quotes by DAHMI36:

(a Korean PANIC FAN living in KOREA!!!)

***dahmi36 wrote: (Jul 26 2005, 09:42 PM)

had some time to kill this morning,

ended up spending it in front of my computer..

and found.......a thread on resurrection on a international site!!!

isn't the drama just wonderful?..and UTW just unbelievable??

i ended up spending more than 2 hours reading your postings..had to see what you were all saying~..now i'm late for an appointment.. -_-

just a few comments on how RESURRECTION is being recieved in korea (yeap! i'm one of them koreans~..) since i'm sure you're all frustrated by the 9% ratings..and could use some good news..

i say this because i saw someone comment on there being no harsh critisisms on the series at least and taking some comfort in that :sweating:

not to worry~..far from being criticized, both the drama itself and UTW is getting unbelievable reviews from everywhere~

that the low ratings is the only thing left to be desired seems to be the agreed-upon opinion from everyone, the mass media journalists, pop culture critiques, on the viewer's forum at the official website there are over 600,000 postings as of last night..and that's far far more than KSS by the way..and the show is now admittedly the newest "mania-drama" boasting a loyal fanatical following..after the footsteps of DAMO and MISA..

as for our leading man UTW..he's getting rave reviews for his portrayal of haeun/shinhyuk..even the serious papers are saying "actor UTW-rediscovered~~"

people are referring to him as "UhmFORCE" - force like in "may the force be with you~~"?..in star wars?? :w00t: )..if you go into any of the leading portal sites and search Uhmforce you get UTW..isn't it hillarious?

congratulations to UTW on a tribute well deserved..

i'm really late and gotta run now..i'll be back..i'm sure i can't keep myself away~ :sweating:

***Fri Jul-29-05 09:56 PM by dahmi36

i've just finished watching episode 18..the series ends at epi 24 by the way..and i really think it deserves a spot not jst as one of the best of 2005 but of all time..

the script is amazingly sophisticated, absolutely waterproof..i heard that the writer has been working on this for 2 years and afte r watching 18 epiodes i believe it~..whatever you might imagineto come next as you watch the show, the plot gets woven out in ways not to be believed..i've heard it said even the actors and the staff, to whom this is "work" and normally isn't all that caught up by the story, can't wait to get their hands on the next script to see what might develop..

and vibfft~^^..

never fear that the series didn't get the attention it deserved because of Kimsamsoon..well, at least in korea^^it's getting unbelievably good reviews all around, the viewers and the criticsalike..the leading man Uhmtaewoong being talked of as a newly discovered major acting talent who might follow "in the trail of Seolkyungku and Songkhangho"..(he's been offered 6 movie parts since the series started, all as the star^^)..

it's just that KSS was a very well-made drama too in it's own way and much easier on one to jump in,relax, and enjoy..while with resurrection, it is impossible to understand the story if you don't start at epi 1..and every episode leaves you in a panic it gets SO~ intense^^

and..hey~..did you know that resurrection is far more popular in terms of VOD services than KSS?..the numbers were 500,000 views for resurrection and 300,000 for KSS i think on the night of KSS's final episode..(500,000views by the way gives resurrection the NO 2 spotout of all KBS program

i personally don't know how i'm going to wait it out for next 144 hours until episode 19..ㅠ.ㅠ..all this suspense is killing me..^^

***Aug 30 2005, 08:13 PM ~ by Dahmi36

there is this korean "webzine".."Dramamob" is the name of it..it's a site dedicated solely to the reviewing of current dramas shown on prime time TV..

Resurrection was a darling of many of the writers on their team..and after the series ended they had an exclusive..and quite extensive.. interview with Parkchanhong, the director..a very interesting read..

I'll try to get you bits and pieces of it when I can..

one thing that caught my eye was the part where they asked him might not Resurrection have been a very different story if Jungjinwoo's part had been stronger..and he, who really gives the impression of enjoying the interview and gave long replies, kept his answer to the minimum..saying "that is something I regret"..period...

I guess the rumour was true..that the Resurrection team was not too happy with Kohjuwon's acting and as a result his part was dratically cut back from the original synopsis..which was, as I mentioned before, actually written with UTW in mind..

the oddest thing..his acting seemed to grow steadily worse throughout the show....while with Soyihyun and Kohmyunghwan you can really see them get better and better..to the point where even the most ardent fans of the show referred to him not by name but by his initials..and when you consider initializizing a way of using F-words amongst korean internet users and that the rest of the actors almost without exception were given the most affectionate nicknames..it all must have been quite disheartening to him..

I have this feeling if he had been cast in any other show he might not have been cast in such a harsh light but in Resurrection there were so many talented people on the cast he couldn't avoid standing out as the one who can't make it..and UTW was giving such an impressive performance KJW didn't have a chance up against him..

somtimes I wonder what the show would have been like with the original casting with UTW as Jungjinwoo? ..that would have been a lot more interesting I bet..<_<

anyway, I couldn't but feel sorry for him when, at the closing interview of the production he had nothing to say except congratulate UTW..saying Resurrection was HIS show..and then, himself APOLOGIZE for not acting well..not being able to do his part.. -_-

I heard he got the lead in a new daily..I think he made a wise choice..being on a daily is very different from being on a miniseries I think..less pressure and most of the time the parts not quite as demanding..and I hope it gives him the steady chance to improve on his acting..with his undeniably handsome face he'll have so many chances to grow into a star when he gets it done~~

this one from the studio recording of SHILMIDO..UTW's the one wearing the cap of course..

1125448466_feature_1862_L.jpg

Khang-shin-il, who plays Seo-jae-su in Resurrection was my favorite in Shilmido..such charisma..!

Ahn-sung-ghi, while shooting the movie, supposedly commented on UTW.."I have a hunch that THAT kid is gonna turn into a "real" actor.."..

he's on his way, I guess

And this was Priscilla's belated RESPONSE:

First of all, after reading this, I did a search for the actor Park Yongwoo as I had no idea who he was, and I found a picture of him. Now, I know who he is, I've seen him playing a leading role in another drama, but I cannot see him as Ha-eun/Shin-hyuk... I'm just soooooo glad UTW did this instead!!!

Here's Park Yongwoo pittied agains Uhmforce (judge for yourself!):

1520050425_15036420.jpg00805901_2.jpg

And more on PYW: http://kr.image.search.yahoo.com/search/im...r=kr-search_top

Regarding the MILLION POSTING, I already translated before an article announcing that MISA became the second drama after DAMO to celebrate the MILLION POSTINGS on the free board. But tis true, that celebration happened a month (?) after the drama ended. On the other hand, we must take into account that MISA was a 16 episode drama while RESURRECTION was extended to 24 (from original 16).

Guest Cha Park

Hello everyone!

Thanks for resurrecting (sweet pun intended!) the memories of our old thread, Credeisca!

some of the pics i "leeched" from the old thread (hope i wasn't redundant):

rs2.jpg

RS1.jpg

rs5.jpg

utw1.jpg

utw2.jpg

utw3.jpg

Guest dragonseed

Found this from the cache.

Clip

Interview with Uhm Tae Woong on the set of Resurrection, 3min20sec clip: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip01_m.asf

Segment from the KBS 8 o'clock news:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip26_m.asf

Segment from KBS Entertainment news:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip27_m.asf

Segment from KBS Reserve:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip28_m.asf

NGs

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip02_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip03_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip04_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip05_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip06_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip07_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip10_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip11_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip12_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip13_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip14_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip15_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip16_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip17_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip18_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip19_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip20_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip21_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip22_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip23_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip24_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip25_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip29_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip30_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip31_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip32_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip33_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip34_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip35_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip36_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip37_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip38_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip39_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip40_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip41_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip42_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip43_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip44_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip45_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip46_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip47_m.asf

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/drama/2tv/dra_lifeagain/clip/clip48_m.asf

Making Story

Uhm Tae-woong, 4min19sec clip: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain01_300.asf

Han Ji Min, 2min44sec clip: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain02_300.asf

Press Conference, 3min49sec clip: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain03_300.asf

Opening Lens Praying Ceremony, 2min39sec clip: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain04_300.asf

Behind the Scenes of the Murder + Cigarettes/Ashtray, 2min9sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain05_300.asf

Bus Scene b/w Ha-eun & Eun-ha, 5min23sec clip: mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain06_300.asf

Interview w/ So Yi-hyeon, 3min25sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain07_300.asf

Behind the Ha-eun+Eun-ha Kiss Scene in EP 03, 4min6sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain08_300.asf

Making Story #8, 2min1sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain09_300.asf

Making Story #9, 2min39sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain10_300.asf

Behind the Ha-eun+Eun-ha childhood scenes at the lighthouse, 5min30sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain11_300.asf

Interview w/ Ko Joo Won, 4min42sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain12_300.asf

Personal Chat b/w Young Ha-eun child actor & Han Ji Min, 2min54sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain13_300.asf

Behind the Firefly+Lighthouse Scenes of Teenaged Ha-eun & Eun-ha, 5min02sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain14_300.asf

Behind the childhood Eun-ha + personal chat with childhood Eun-ha actress, 4min20sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain15_300.asf

Behind the Kimbab date scene of Ha-eun & Eun-ha, 5min29sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain16_300.asf

Behind the scene with "Dongchan" + interview, 2min32sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain17_300.asf

Interiew+Behind the Scenes w/ "Soochul", 3min07sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain18_300.asf

Interiew w/ UTW+HJM, 2min12sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain19_300.asf

Behind the "Shin-hyuk" humming at Eun-ha's workstation + NG, 8min14sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain20_300.asf

Behind the stabbing at the station + hospital scene + interviews , 8min44sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain21_300.asf

Behind the Gang-joo kiss scene, 3min16sec clip:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain22_300.asf

Press Conference held on 7-19-2005:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain23_300.asf

Interview w/ So Yi-hyeon:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain24_300.asf

Interview w/ Ha-eun's "guardian angel" investigator:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain25_300.asf

Interview w/ "Officer Jang":

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain26_300.asf

Interview w/ "Dongchan":

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain27_300.asf

Interview w/ "Heesoo":

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain28_300.asf

Interview w/ "Incheol":

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain29_300.asf

Party:

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain30_300.asf

Interview w/ "Jaesu":

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain31_300.asf

Interview w/ "Mr. Ahn":

mms://211.106.66.141/moretv/making25_300/dra_lifeagain32_300.asf

Screen Captures

EP 01: http://resu.fateback.com/caps/ep01/ep01resu01.htm [250 pics total]

EP 02: http://resu.fateback.com/caps/ep02/ep02resu01.htm [324 pics total]

EP 05: http://resu.fateback.com/caps/ep05/ep05resu01.htm [147 pics total]

EP 07: http://resu.fateback.com/caps/ep07/ep07resu01.htm [147 pics total]

Guest thesarahchong

I have a few questions regarding this drama, but I'd like it if they'd be answered without giving anythign I'm not supposed to know-- I just completed Ep 13.

A while back, the detective that helps Haeun (when finding out that "Haeun" is dead) says, "No... the Haeun I know wouldn't do such a thing as revenge".. He makes it seem as if what he is doing is wrong, using it in a derrogatory statement. But, technically, he's just trying to catch the bad guys, no? Or is there something else he's doing...

There was a mentioning of Park Sangchul or something along the lines of that... and that's what Soochul said, "Starting from now we're going to (something) Park Sangchul." In a preview for Ep 14, he is beaten and says something about that man being killed. At first I thought that was the name of the head police, but now I'm not quite sure. Who is this they are talking about?

In this episode (13), Haeun was with his detective helper; he was punching the punching bag, and then stopped, looked at the mirror-- and said something about a circle. "Where it begins, it ends there" or something like that. Does anyone know specifically what he said? Just curious.. (;

Thank you very much.

Guest Priscilla

Previously, I WROTE:

Someone actually wrote that UTW was a misscast!!!! Wow!!!! I just couldn't believe what I was reading... :blink: He wrote on August, and I'm not sure if he'll get to read this, but I hope he would... For this is part of what he wrote...

by Nukie on 'Aug 26 2005, 02:36 AM'

Granted, i am a guy and i didn't watch drama all that often or much.

for instance, i skipped watching dramas with obivious same old love stories.

BUT i just had this urge to recommand to everybody because it was the best i have ever seen.

The suspense and pace of "Resurrection" were the quickest of all. Starting from 1st and 2nd episodes until like 16~18, the pace was incredible and never left enough room for the audience to be bored or start guessing the next scene.

Its plot was almost flawless and the best plot i have seen as a drama.

the plot makes this drama the best drama i have ever seen in last decade and i recommand to anybody who watches drama for the plot. The suspense and pace are both at perfection and the overal completion is awesome.

I would rate "Resurrection"'s plot, A+... 100/100.. BEST I ever saw..

The only thing I regret about this drama is that the acting/casting wasn't great.

Starting from the cast, the lead actor, Uhm Tae Woong, was alright for the drama i guess since he is great for the role of vengence. However, his mask had its limit.. He looked very stupid whenever he cried or smiled and couldn't tell the difference between two. His acting was GREAT whenever he wasn't laughing like a moron or crying like a clown. His mask got him into roles of bad guys and i can understand why. He looks very awkward when he tries to act some emotions.

I think Uhm Tae woong being the lead might have made the drama very unattractive/unpopular to the mainstream when u got Hyun Bin as the counterpart in "My name is Kim sam soon"

The overal acting was average or below average for some. Some characters were quite 1 or 2 dimentional.. i would rate the acting B...

so overal this is A- Drama and best one i ever saw mainly due to the plot and how it kept the suspence and pace flawlessly.

PRISCILLA'S Belated RESPONSE:

I am Korean too, living in America. I grew up watching k-dramas and I love so many of the old classic ones such as "Eyes of Dawn" (but you might be too young to know what I'm talking about). Like you, I stopped watching too many dramas as I saw everything was becoming recycled and nothing was new under the sun anymore. That's why I was so happy I watched RESURRECTION, which I found was written by the writer of another one of my favorites, STOCK-FLOWER. The plot, though predictable at times, it's so cleverly intertwined I get sparkles in my head whenever I think of it. I can go as far as to say Kim Ji-woo has become my new favorite k-drama writer!!! Then, the producer also made 'HAKGYO' (SCHOOL) which has a special place in my heart as well. So I completely agree with you when you say the plot's A+.

Now, on to what I disagree with you. Actually, I've been following your 'small' debate here, and I must really congratulate the people here for being so wise in taking things very calmly... Were I here when you wrote this... you might have seen some emotions flying in the air!!! Lol!!! What you wrote gave me that strange feeling in my stomach... the feeling you get when you read something that sounds good... and yet it's not quite right. But again, nothing's written on stone, so in terms of opinions, there's no real right or wrong... However, I must take offense when someone missunderstand the 'reason' behind someone elses actions, or missinterpret a hidden meaning...

MY POINT. Towards the beginning of this drama, I saw him playing 2 totally opposite characters. The goofy go lucky guy who smiled like a clown, and the stiff and cold business enterpreneur. So far so good. We saw how unattractive Ha-eun could get, and how very ordinary he could become, we watched enough of that. As for his twin, we didn't have enough chance to meet him, and he did sounded a bit 'too stiff'... but hey! He WAS SUPPOSED to be like this!!! :rolleyes:

But when they met... GOSH, I just couldn't believe he was doing BOTH of them so well... Actually, even before I started watching, I knew Shinhyuk would die and Haen would 'resurrect' as his twin. I had thought that now that one of the twins die, UTW's burden would be less since he whouldn't have to be jumping from one opposite character to the other. But was I wrong?!!! It is AFTER Shinhyuk's death I realized how challenging and hard this role was. NEWS articles kept saying he played 2 twins, and how hard that was. What I was witnessing was far more than that. This resurrected character, I believe, was far more complex and harder to play than playing 2 different characters at the same time. He had just recovered his memory... just realized his true identity. And yet he didn't have time to think of who he was, for the time was set for him to play someone else... someone he didn't know that well. That's UTW, an actor playing like someone play-acting as someone else, but this actor inside the drama was untrained, traumatized, angry, thirsty for revenge, confused... and what was worse was that he didn't have enough chance to 'study' his character before going up on stage and yet, he didn't know who he was from the beginning.

Hello Nuki, you speak of awkward moments in UTW's acting. You said: "He looked very stupid whenever he cried or smiled and couldn't tell the difference between two.... He looks very awkward when he tries to act some emotions."

THIS IS MY FINAL ANSWER: He was acting as Shinhyuk, containing all his emotions inside, afraid that people would see through his mask. That's why as time went by, his smile became 'stiff' and even painful. The worse was that he was 'becoming' such an unsmiling man! And of course "he couldn't tell the difference between the two"... I'm speaking of the character Ha-eun, he was uncertain and he didn't know the difference between himself, his brother and his past... Those 'awkward' emotions you see in his face, I felt were the proof given to us so that we realize how much he's losing his own identity... he didn't know who he was anymore. Honestly, if he had acted without those awkward moments, I would have not liked it as much, for I would think it's too unrealistic that such a confuse man could not show his weaknesses a little...

MORE DISCUSSIONS on RESURRECTION:

What I especially like about this drama is that it's not just pure suspense and revenge... like in those HK dramas... but it takes the time to slow down and let us viewers savour the emotions conflicting in Ha Eun.. and to recognise the pain and torment in Ha Eun with each step he takes to fulfiling his plan for revenge.

MY RESPONSE:

... this drama's so full of images of God, angels, & demons, sometimes I thought I was watching something like "LORD OF THE RINGS"... ha ha!!! But do you know what? I see a deeper struggle in the heart of Ha-eun than even what FRODO went through at that mountain of MORDOK... This is why I went so far as to write recently that for me, the character of Ha-eun/Gang-hyuk/Shin-hyuk is one of the most complex characters I've ever known... if not THE MOST COMPLEX...

(One thing though... DO NOT WATCH this drama thinking you'll get a glimpse of LORD OF THE RINGS!!!! I just mentioned that movie because I was trying to think of something that had a 'spiritual war' as the background. The movie is more visually descriptive... while this drama's spiritual war is more hidden... behind the shadows or the whispers of someone giving his dying confession... )

Because yes, he was... like Eun-ha called him... Eun-ha's 'angel' sent from Heaven... He may have taken that interpretation as a joke, but I think he 'lived' as if he were a true angel of justice... He was that naive and had that much of a positive attitude. But later on, hurt beyond belief... he takes upon himself a sword to 'pay back' by becoming an angel of vengence. Yet we know, he was a very human avenger, very frail and with too much love... This is the reason the 'sword' he took upon his hands was killing him slowly, and he knew it. His greatest enemy's were not the 'evil doers.' It was his own conscience, it was with himself that he was fighting the biggest battle... On the one hand, he didn't want to hurt others... on the other hand... he couldn't help but hurt those who have hurt him and his loved ones.

For me, this drama reminded me also of themes like "the battle between good & evil," and movies like "Batman & Robin," "The Negotiator," "James Bonds," all of them put together. I always enjoyed a good super-hero movie, but I never saw a more 'human' (which can be translated as 'weak') super-hero before... never saw an avenger suffering so much when the time of giving due punishment came.

In fact, this drama was recently voted as the #1 drama people wished to see it remade as a movie. I'd like to see that as well... Ah, btw... did you watch the drama SCHOOL (HAK-GYO) before? It's the drama that made a star out of the unknown JANG-HYUK. This is another one of my favorite, and I recently realized both producer and director of RESURRECTION made that together also (and STOCK-FLOWER, as you know).

I feel the writer must be some kind of moral educator. In Hak-gyo, she dealt with the social issue of 'OUTSIDERS' in schools... In STOCK-FLOWER, she dealt with the society's prejudices and hypocricy towards single moms. And now... at RESURRECTION... hmm... she's just dealing with the human heart with all it's demons, fighting against the most basic emotions... love & forgiveness... it's touching the deepest core of my being...

I've read the accolades and soaring popularity of UTW after Resurrection aired, and I've to say I can understand why. :wink: There are so many powerful scenes by UTW in this show; really he was one of the reasons why Resurrection was more than a revenge drama for me. I especially like the scene where he dropped to his knees in the sea after discovering SH's body... and also when he was stuffing rice into his mouth after his mother left him alone in the dining room.. all these scenes are etched in my mind now :oops:

The following are the exact words (from KBS script, which sometimes differs) spoken by our resurrected man in the scene at the beach... [translated by Priscilla]

(to God) “Where are you? Where are you? You can’t do this. You can’t. Are you watching me? Are you really? (He kneels down inside the seashore, his body’s wet.) Until now I only asked one thing from you… That whenever I was tired and wanted to give up… (tearing) that you give me strength to walk one more step… that'd be enough… that's how I prayed. ~ If you really exist… you can’t blame me now… This is your doing.”

I love both scenes you mentioned too... But actually, they do remind me of "I'm Sorry I love you"...

Shirley also posted the following (although, if you ask me... I wouldn't be able to explain what this is implying~ :shock: :

oh i think i found that verse quoted ..in the esp 23 okie i was abit bored and went to find it :P

Jeremiah 17

1 "Judah's sin is engraved with an iron tool,

inscribed with a flint point,

on the tablets of their hearts

and on the horns of their altars.

2 Even their children remember

their altars and Asherah poles [a]

beside the spreading trees

and on the high hills.

3 My mountain in the land

and your wealth and all your treasures

I will give away as plunder,

together with your high places,

because of sin throughout your

And Creidesca@soompi wrote:

a reference to mythology & the gods (the apple of discord and the fall of Troy) in EP 16: "I threw an apple of mutual distrust."

Guest Priscilla

Even MORE DISCUSSIONS from soompi.

by Shirley

ah .ya ..everything come back to the same point ^^

ah .thanks for that quote ...........i really got such vivid memories of that scene ..it was pretty shocking to see how he had express his sorrow ..........! ..and i was too shock to firstly comprehend was he questioning God at that time ..for forsaking him ..and then i realise what he was shouting ..to that GOD above ......it really was so so .gosh anguish to hear such words ..

when he had asked so little of GOD before .yes he really never ask for much ..i see ha eun as such a person who live life so happily even though he suffered from separation from his family .and had no memories of any of them ....he still grow up as a happy man ..never wallow in such despair ..nor misery ........but yet ..everything GOD took away from him..just like that

[ABOUT THE ENDING:]

.now he had to right the wrongs that GOD had not taken to punish.......that GOD had choosen to close HIS EYES and not see the wrong being done ...

ah ..the ending ^ .* ...you meant . why he left the hospital and went away

yes...like you understand ..he is someone who will not be able to complete the path of revenge .because his conscience is not allowing him to be blind to what is happening ...as he take his quest of revenge ..the hurt he is inflicting on himself and others around him ..

.as prisc said .....the sword that he hold to slay his enemies .is also killing him too .it was a double edged sword .....when eventually ...the wrong doers are punished by their own hands ...ha eun too also suffered his own punishment ..he become someone he was not .....and he can not know anymore who he is ..actually ..

.the thrist for revenge blind him ..and turn him into someone which is not him anymore .not that Ha eun ..he grow up 20 years as ..at certain point he wanted to stop too if he can ..but he can't ..for the name of his brother and father .he cannot stop ..

he forgive hee soo for that stab into his body ..because he know how it is that thirst and desire for revenge for your father ..as hee soo is doing for his father ...he went away .....to prevent from revealing the truth of the attack and protecting hee soo ..and also ...to find himself which he had lost that day when ..his brother was murdered in his place .....he had to do his own search ..and see clearly again what is in his heart ..going away on a journey to find that ha eun that angel of eun ha.(and also keeping that promise that he will find hee soo mother for him ) ..... .it is more of a joureny that he must take in order to come back ......most importantly i think is to forgive himself (yes maybe you are partly right that is remorse in him as well ..) he cannot be by eun ha side as a man who had done such acts in order to right wrongs ...nor can he return to his mother and sister ..too ..in that way..)...hence he need to be forgiven .by himself ..i think then anyone ...then he will return to be forgiven by them which i think they will understand since they love him

..tell himself that it had all ended with that forgiveness he had shown to hee soo as hee soo had shown to him as well ..by not saying his involvement in the fraud case . ..

there was a smile on his face as he turn to see the road he had walked. .....i think he is starting to accept that ..what had been done is already done he cannot erase the stains on his hands .completely it is what he had to take for delivering that punhishment i feel ..but then...that he is seeing more clearly who he is .and who he shall be in the future ...it will take abit longer for him to come back but i think he will ..

actually am i making sense .--;;; ..haha .i am not sure really if one can forgive onself ..of if it is right to do so but if you cannot forgive yourself .then ...you cannot really continue another journey and not be haunt by the past ..

now i thinking .it is really so complicated to explain in words isnt it ..^^ ..but i love to see you interpreting it ..in your own way too .....that what make this drama amazing ......

MY RESPONSE: ABOUT the ending... GOING BACK TO THE STARTING POINT... & GOING ROUND A CIRCLE...

Usually, I don't like how K-dramas end. But with RESURRECTION... I must really give it to the writer that this was a brilliant ending!

Ha-eun didn't know who he was. He became a police because he found a police plaque in his pocket. This was his "starting point," as he was on a quest of finding himself. Later though, he took a detour... rather than going back to who he really is, he was wearing someone else's mask, playing a role were he found himself confused more and more. WHO IS HE?

Is he the naive and smiley cop SUH HA-EUN, with no past, no true identity but with a positive view of life?

Is he the adventurous older twin brother Yoo Gang-hyuk?

Is he the externally cold but internally loyal Yoo Shin-hyuk?

Or is he rather the mixture of them all... a resurrected fanthom, plotting to destroy those he considers deserving of punishment? A self-made judge and avenger...

I think that as the story unfolds, we see how Ha-eun changes so much he becomes the later version... a walking dead tormented by the torment he was inflicting on others. This was the reason he didn't want to tell Eunha the truth... in a way, he felt Eunha would suffer less if she thought he was dead than knowing that he has become 'one of them.' But he never gave up hoping that 'later on' he will go back... Thus, he wished Eunha to wait for him till then.

So after his mission's accomplished, he needed that time 'away' so that he can put behind all this terrible nighmare... of everything he did... and all the anger he carried... that he may forgive once for all, and by forgiving others, to forgive himself. That time 'away' was also necessary for others... those who knew what he did... to meditate on the why... and to understand him somehow. That time 'away' was also for Park Heesoo, so that Heesoo would not have to deal with the 'attempted murder' charges, and so that Ha-eun could keep his promise of finding Heesoo's mom. At the end, it's written: "The end is a new beginning." I felt that at the end... we were witnessing this 'return to the starting point' or a 'new beginning.' He needed this new beginning to finally find his true self...

We heard this throughout the drama, that everything 'turns round and round' till everything goes back to their root... It's like a cycle of birth and death, wrong doing and restoration, where... in the end... the truth will be revealed, people will rip what they saw &... justice shall prevail. But judgement belongs to God alone, and the hands that tried to play God... his hands shall be judged as well. And yet, the end of God's judgement is forgiveness, and to find His forgiveness is God's ultimate goal... So... at the end of God's judgement... I'm hoping that Ha-eun found God's forgiveness also... and he was thus able to forgive and start over.

Creidesca wrote:

yup, the rule of the circle! and the line "There is only one coincidence. The rest is a series of necessities."

slforlbh wrote:

It occurred to me how appropriate the title is, "Resurrection." Gang-Hyuk was considered dead but he "resurrected" and came back to his family and his enemies. Shin Hyuk died but was "resurrected" through Ha-Eun. Ha-Eun dies in the process of living Shin Hyuk's life and getting revenge. but in the end he leaves so that he can be "resurrected."

Guest bonababy

last episode just finished here in KBS LA, just wondering where did Haeun go after he left the hospital?it was a year after he appeared again.Was there any communication with Eunha?I was wondering what happened to him. :unsure:

Guest Priscilla

Prisc, can you post the translation of what appeared on the screen at the very end of the final episode? I couldn't believe KBS/KBS World didn't translate/sub that--I thought it was totally important to the drama!

FINDINGIDENTITY.jpg

(by Mutjiuyo@ResurrectionCafe)

Is this what you're talking about? It just says something like:

"The end is just the beginning"

To every viewer who loved RESURRECTION, we humbly bow down to you wishing you all the best...

FINDINGIDENTITY.jpg

(by Mutjiuyo@ResurrectionCafe)

Is this what you're talking about? It just says something like:

"The end is just the beginning"

To every viewer who loved RESURRECTION, we humbly bow down to you wishing you all the best...

yes, that's it! They could have at least subbed that "The end is just the beginning" line...and after watching the final episode like bonababy, I don't know how there were so many people who had thought he had died?!

And I think someone asked about Ganghyeok's/Shinhyeok's mom...from what I saw of the final scenes of the ep, she is living somewhere close to Eunha, therefore Eunha is able to see/visit her often.

anyone care to respond to nchristi's response after watching the final episode (remember that the version nchristi saw, at least 20 minutes worth of scenes were cut out):

I did not enjoy this last episode. While I am glad that Haeun was able to extricate himself from the horrors of his own actions—and we are led to conclude that one day he will return and live happily ever after—the very fact that he is so psychologically screwed up now is proof that his course of action was questionable.

My immediate reaction was this: The folly of revenge. It solves nothing, hurts the revenge seeker, hurts other innocent people. As Shakespeare put it, Heat not a furnace for your foe so hot/That it do singe yourself. Or, closer to my own personal philosophy, Epictetus wrote: In the long run, every man will pay the penalty for his own misdeeds. The man who remembers this will be angry with no one, indignant with no one, revile no one, blame no one, offend no one, hate no one.

Haeun expanded a circle of hate. He used innocent people to get even with his father‛s killers. Poor Heesu, just a pawn in Haeun's game. He paid back to Haeun what he deserved. We don‛t like that because Haeun is our hero, but he deserved it. He maneuvered Heesu to be the one causing his own father's death! Murder is bad enough (though technically suicide), but Haeun also forever deprived Heesu of knowing and having his father, which he so desperately needed (that's why he "hated" his absentee father so much). And that is why Haeun tried to cover for Heesu, wiping off his fingerprints—because he knew he had wronged Heesu terribly. (Haeun also shamelessly used Gangju.)

Come to think of it, on the scales of justice, was Heesu‛s stabbing Haeun worse than Haeun‛s deliberate plotting and accomplishing the deaths of others? Only Heesu ended up in prison and Haeun didn‛t because he orchestrated the "revenge deaths" from afar and did his dirty work through others. If revenge is so great and satisfying, why is Haeun on a hard road, still unable to reconcile himself a year later? Obviously, it isn‛t and that‛s why he‛s not home yet.

After so thoroughly enjoying and loving this series, I don‛t like where it brought me and how I feel tonight, because the weight of Haeun's sin feels heavier to me than his redemption or rebirth. I wasn't expecting the "message" to be Guernica. Still, this is a work of art we're discussing. There isn't any right or wrong assessment of it—it simply resonates differently with each of us.

anyways, this was my response:

Haeun expanded a circle of hate

I do not feel that concluding, Haeun expanded "the circle of hate." Had he had, Park Heesu would have never said to Chun Sajang "If you meet him by any chance, tell him I'm so grateful that he's still alive." Forgiveness, from Park Heesu's side had begun, likely from the moment he had snapped from that trance of his to find that he had stabbed Haeun. Maybe, unlike Haeun, who took longer to realize, Heesu saw the horrors of taking revenge into his own hands, but nonetheless, Heesu had begun the forgiving process when he decided not to finger Haeun as the mastermind in the Lion Fund swindle.

Had Haeun wanted to continue with his revenge, he could have easily wrought it upon the children--Gangju, Heesu, Jinwu, Shinyeong...but that was certainly something he did not want nor could he do, as he kept trying to take Gangju off the case from which he led her on; in total conflict with regards to Heesu as he had become attached to him, knowing that he is unlike his father, treating him as a long time friend; he had never directly involved Jinwu into his revenge, and in the final 2 epis, his concern for his mother and half-sister and questioning on what he had to do.

It is important to also note Gangju's final lines at the end of the drama: "I don't understand something about Heesu and Gangheok. My half-brother went to jail without mentioning anything about Ganghyeok, and Ganghyeok also covered up about Heesu stabbing him."

Clearly, the cycle of revenge has ended right there, allowing for Gangheok to return Eunha as Haeun. But Haeun did not immediately return. Instead, as Eunha said: People say that he won't come back, but I know. In order to come back here, he's walking a long and hard road." And from the final scenes, Haeun still has a long ways ahead of him (indicated by the backpack and the long road in front of him)...how long will it take for him to return to Eunha's side, we will never know, but from the way he had turned around and looked upon road the he had taken, and the "smile" which he gave, the healing process has clearly begun. And when he does finally reach Eunha, he can then ask her for that cup of water...and Haeun would be reborn...

Like slforlbh has mentioned, the drama title "Resurrection"/"Rebirth" is very appropriate. Even the title to the final episode is as appropriate: "Long Jouney/Road". For those who do not know, each episode of the drama was given a name.

Guest Priscilla

anyone care to respond to nchristi's response after watching the final episode (remember that the version nchristi saw, at least 20 minutes worth of scenes were cut out):

Nice discussion going on in there! I'll try to chip in too, but I don't have time right now. I'll add my response later in here.

BUT I HAVE A REQUEST:

*FOR the sake of those who didn't watch this yet, can we highlight all SPOILERS on yellow?

Just a thought...

Archived