[drama 2005] Resurrection/ Rebirth 부활

creidesca

Guest Priscilla

In Korea, this drama's rating almost doubled after MNKSS finished so Buhwal Panics started saying the drama was really REVIVING...

AM I SEEING this thread being RESURRECTED or what?!!! I think this is the ARMANIGURL's power... I feel I'm seeing some familiar 'faces' too...

As for myself, I've been lurking at the Revival Gallery before and I remember reading one post saying that the real Yoo Shin Hyuk didn't really have wheat allergy (flour allergy). I didn't catch this fact during my first watch so this post stuck in my mind but I didn't have a chance to post this here. Anyone else catched this fact? And why then, did he keep saying he had wheat allergy?

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for myself, I've been lurking at the Revival Gallery before and I remember reading one post saying that the real Yoo Shin Hyuk didn't really have wheat allergy (flour allergy). I didn't catch this fact during my first watch so this post stuck in my mind but I didn't have a chance to post this here. Anyone else catched this fact? And why then, did he keep saying he had wheat allergy?

Because having dumpling soup would remind him of the brother he had lost.

*cry* that's so sad!

AM I SEEING this thread being RESURRECTED or what?!!! I think this is the ARMANIGURL's power... I feel I'm seeing some familiar 'faces' too...

oh dun give me too much credit. i know i was once part of the "powerpuff girls" of soompi... but later we changed our name to "powderpuff" hehe..

everyone loves a good drama.... :)

In Korea, this drama's rating almost doubled after MNKSS finished so Buhwal Panics started saying the drama was really REVIVING...

i not sure if he really said that but i think it was brought up in the conservation of the sister or mother that Yoo shin hyuk has flour allergy but as to whether he has it ......hm...like creidesca .said .if it is not true he has flour allegery ..then ..maybe it due to the fact he will remember his brother when seeing dumplings ..(actually now that creidesca mention it .....somewhere in the esp .it was vaguely ..mentioned -;; i cannot really recall ) .

Guest Priscilla

That's right! The mother apologized to ‘Shinhuk,’ for ‘always forgetting that he couldn’t eat his brother’s favorite dish’? (What did she mean by this???) When I first watched this, I thought the mother was very irresponsible when she kept cooking dumpling soup... How come she keeps forgetting that Shinhyuk has wheat allergy? Yes, dumpling's Kanghyuk's favorite dish, but he's dead and Shinhyuk 'can't eat dumplings'~ can't she see THAT?!

But knowing that Shinhyuk was 'lying' about the allergy (which the mother knew) brought a whole different light to the story. SH was trying to 'not eat' his dead brother's favorite dish by pretending he 'couldn't eat them.' This was his way of fighting his guilt... a type of self-punishment. The mother continued cooking her dead son's favorite dish... though understanding SH's refusal to eat it... she kept on cooking that, trying to keep the memory alive... was she in a denial mode ~for 20 years?

Guest bonababy

That's right! The mother mentioned this at the grave? (I think?~I should check this though...) When I first watched this, I thought the mother was very irresponsible when she kept cooking dumpling soup... How come she keeps forgetting that Shinhyuk has wheat allergy? Yes, dumpling's Kanghyuk's favorite dish, but he's dead and Shinhyuk 'can't eat dumplings'~ can't she see THAT?!

But knowing that Shinhyuk was 'lying' about the allergy (which the mother knew) brought a whole different light to the story. SH was trying to 'not eat' his dead brother's favorite dish by pretending he 'couldn't eat them.' This was his way of fighting his guilt... a type of self-punishment. The mother continued cooking her dead son's favorite dish... though understanding SH's refusal to eat it... she kept on cooking that, trying to keep the memory alive... was she in a denial mode ~for 20 years?

i think she is in denial, for she keep bring up memories and keep looking at the family picture.

not letting go.

That's right! The mother mentioned this at the grave? (I think?~I should check this though...) When I first watched this, I thought the mother was very irresponsible when she kept cooking dumpling soup... How come she keeps forgetting that Shinhyuk has wheat allergy? Yes, dumpling's Kanghyuk's favorite dish, but he's dead and Shinhyuk 'can't eat dumplings'~ can't she see THAT?!

i think it is hard for a mother .especially when her sons are twins and you can literally see what the other son might become if he had grown up ~ it is like looking at one .yet you can see the other .~ ....and that is why she had unconsciously been treating him like her other son maybe ...~ at times when she can ..little things she does ..help her keep that memory of that son she thought was lost .~ ..actually it hurts me sometimes in the first esp how cold ..the real shin hyuck attitude to his mother ~ ..she seem so in fear of this son ..but yet i think she understand how her son .feels too

u know that omma is such a great actress... i've seen her in a dozen other dramas and movies but i thought her display in "bu hwal" was just the best!

i mean when she found out the truth about her sons she litterally broke into pieces.. it was just amazing to watch her in this series.. i mean she's done so many 'omma' roles already, but this drama she was just exceptionally good!

the way she cried for her children make me cannot contain myself, have to cry also.. cos she is so motherly... and when you hear her cry, you can really feel her pain..

Guest Priscilla

i think it is hard for a mother .especially when her sons are twins and you can literally see what the other son might become if he had grown up ~ it is like looking at one .yet you can see the other .~ ....and that is why she had unconsciously been treating him like her other son maybe ...~ at times when she can ..little things she does ..help her keep that memory of that son she thought was lost .~ ..actually it hurts me sometimes in the first esp how cold ..the real shin hyuck attitude to his mother ~ ..she seem so in fear of this son ..but yet i think she understand how her son .feels too

Kanghyuk was her first born, the apple of her eyes. I've a sense Kanghyuk was the mother's favorite... for he was the more outgoing of the two, the leader type. Shinhyuk knew this, how his mom continued living in that past, always longing after that 'outgoing' first son of hers... who ate dumplings so well... that adventureous happy life of long gone by... and he hurt the most because he understood his mother. He himself had always looked up to his brother, and he had felt lost when that brother was gone... And mixed with self-blame, was his lack of self-love, and maybe... subconsciously, he loved his brother more than himself. From the 'ghost' scene at the tomb, I feel that even while growing up, Shinhyuk must have wished at times to have died in the place of his brother. Maybe his mother would have been happier then...

Another thing that occurs to me... is that, if he didn't eat his brother's favorite dish out of respect for his dead brother... maybe... just maybe... the way he distanced himself with his mother... how he kept her so far away from him... wouldn't THAT too be a way of dealing with his guilt, a type of 'self-punishment'? He'd feel guilty if he received the mother's love all to himself. So he pushed her away, and the rest of the world... Am I reading too much into this???

The amazing thing is that the mother, whether she was in denial or not, she still understood Shinhyuk the most...

Another thing that occurs to me... is that, if he didn't eat his brother's favorite dish out of respect for his dead brother... maybe... just maybe... the way he distanced himself with his mother... how he kept her so far away from him... wouldn't THAT too be a way of dealing with his guilt, a type of 'self-punishment'? He'd feel guilty if he received the mother's love all to himself. So he pushed her away, and the rest of the world... Am I reading too much into this???

The amazing thing is that the mother, whether she was in denial or not, she still understood Shinhyuk the most...

ah ~~ that is a new angle to look at that !! ~~ ..somehow i thought he was in guilt of being alive while his brother is gone and that how his mother had gone to another man .but yet sometimes i see in his eyes ..a sense of he want to open up to his mother yet feel he dont deserved ..maybe that is what you are saying here ..he cannot receive his mother love when he know that it should be share with his brother ~ ..u know really it hurts me when i see him pushing his mother aside ..and his mother had to accept weakly ...no matter how much she want to come close .she also seem to feel like she is guilty also .~and later when ..kang hyuck return ..~ .....it again make my heart ache how his mother was just thrilll even at the slight mention of her son want to have dinner with her ....say he miss her .i think in her 20 years she had been waiting for this moment .

yup...she still undersatnd shinhyuck the best .....it was really heart breaking for me when she ask ..kanghyuck ....is it true what she think ~ (that ...he is not really shinhyuck ..~ ) gosh she seem so fragile ..yet i was taken back by how much she love her sons .to not show her vulnerablity and for her son ..she had to be strong ~ ..for her son ..she choose to walk away from the mistakes she make by living with the enemy .how she must have felt inside ..of having living a lie for so many years ~

Guest Priscilla

u know that omma is such a great actress... i've seen her in a dozen other dramas and movies but i thought her display in "bu hwal" was just the best!

i mean when she found out the truth about her sons she litterally broke into pieces.. it was just amazing to watch her in this series.. i mean she's done so many 'omma' roles already, but this drama she was just exceptionally good!

the way she cried for her children make me cannot contain myself, have to cry also.. cos she is so motherly... and when you hear her cry, you can really feel her pain..

Yes, this Omma was so graceful and fragile looking and yet... like a worthy mother of the twins... she was soooo strong too! If you check an article I translated at the beginning of this thread, it talks about a painting of GUERNICA that's hanging at Shinhyuk's room. In that picture of War and Destruction, we see a mother, holding a dead child, wailing... the omma in this drama went through this, 3 times and over...

Just image... imagine losing your child... In Korea, they say that "you bury your parents under the ground but your children... you bury them in your heart." Meaning: you can never get over the pain of losing a child. That's like yourself dying twice.

But Kanghyuk was, like I just mentioned, her first born and her favorite son... the apple of her eyes. This son dies along with her husband and her entire world changes.

But 20 years later, she learns that this first born son's alive... OK, not really. One day, she finds out he's alive, the next second, she finds he recently died. WHAT A BLOW that must have been! WOW!!! How would you describe the tsunami of emotions she must have felt? I think this must have felt like burying this dead son all over again, and yet worse... cuz of the many regrets... the many 'what if' that could have played in her head. More guilt too... for not having been 'there' for Kanghyuk when he really died.

But the drama continues, and being the perceptive mother... she started to suspect... that a strange soul was there... her heart knew but her mind couldn't accept, cuz she couldn't understand... WHY would Kanghyuk disguise himself as Shinhyuk? WHY???

And yet, the more she thought... she knew. Her mother's heart could 'feel' the difference... And she started to mourn, all over AGAIN. But this time... this time she was mourning for that second son of hers, Shinhyuk~the one who's been so close to her all her life and yet so distant.

Thus, she fearfully asked her 'son,' like holding her breath. "Are you really... Kanghyuk?" OH BOY! Now tell me... WHAT IS SHE SUPPOSED TO FEEL THEN? Isn't she supposed to celebrate... since this meant that her first son, the one she mourned for 20 years, and once again... her personal favorite... that son who was dead is now alive?

AND YET... this 'miraculous' NEWS came with a horrendous price: "Her second son's dead." Even as I write this, I cannot imagine how that must have felt like. And like Armanigurl said... this lady was amazing here... There was so much emotion in her, and yet they were all contained... Joy and love for Kanghyuk was there, I'm sure... but the horrible truth was just too overwhelming. During this scene... I wanted them both... mother and son... to hug each other so much to make up for the many years of separation. I knew Kanghyuk had longed to embrace her like that since the first day he saw her... and the mother, I felt she too wanted to hug this son for dear life, whom she had thought dead all these years... But there was the shaddow of Shinhyuk. The fact of this son being alive... meant the other one was dead... She just couldn't rejoice because of this.

And what was worse, was that she couldn't understand WHY Kanghyuk was doing this... and although this was the only time she has trully lost her son... Shinhyuk being the only son she really lost... she wasn't given the chance now to openly mourn for him. She had to do this in secret... This is what I like most about this lady. After all she's been through, she had the rights to know... so she could have demanded an explaination then and there... but her love prevailed, and she 'listened' to her son's pleading... of just trusting him blindly. Though she couldn't understand... she obeyed.

We all know her trial's not over, being married to the 'devil in disguise.' But when we fear... towards the end... that this final blow would be just too much for her to handle, and that she'd die of heart attack... we see her rising, like a towering queen, above the ashes... instead of crying in self-pity, she takes charge of the little she has left... waving her goodbye's to her son and silently apologyzing for not having been there for him before, when he needed her. Her final statement does summarize her heart... she really was going to live a good life, for her son... because this was the only way she could lessen the heavy burden from her son's shoulders... because she knew that ALL SHE WENT THROUGH was nothing compared to what he suffered.

and whoa inez, u're watching resurrection~ i can't really remember watching a drama together with u... cos most of the time, ur just stirring on the hunky threads.. :D

Hey Armanigurl..yeah you write cool stuff...

B) ..

so u only think i stir up hunky threads eh?..well true ..the hunks 'stirred n shook ' me first anyway.. :P

i thought i see u in Damo house coz i was/am a Damo Agent..:ph34r:

Well i got Ressurected i guess..

i am also hanging around in 'Wolf' now it seems..

;)

Yes, this Omma was so graceful and fragile looking and yet... like a worthy mother of the twins... she was soooo strong too! If you check an article I translated at the beginning of this thread, it talks about a painting of GUERNICA that's hanging at Shinhyuk's room. In that picture of War and Destruction, we see a mother, holding a dead child, wailing... the omma in this drama went through this, 3 times and over...

Just image... imagine losing your child... In Korea, they say that "you bury your parents under the ground but your children... you bury them in your heart." Meaning: you can never get over the pain of losing a child. That's like yourself dying twice.

But Kanghyuk was, like I just mentioned, her first born and her favorite son... the apple of her eyes. This son dies along with her husband and her entire world changes.

But 20 years later, she learns that this first born son's alive... OK, not really. One day, she finds out he's alive, the next second, she finds he recently died. WHAT A BLOW that must have been! WOW!!! How would you describe the tsunami of emotions she must have felt? I think this must have felt like burying this dead son all over again, and yet worse... cuz of the many regrets... the many 'what if' that could have played in her head. More guilt too... for not having been 'there' for Kanghyuk when he really died.

But the drama continues, and being the perceptive mother... she started to suspect... that a strange soul was there... her heart knew but her mind couldn't accept, cuz she couldn't understand... WHY would Kanghyuk disguise himself as Shinhyuk? WHY???

And yet, the more she thought... she knew. Her mother's heart could 'feel' the difference... And she started to mourn, all over AGAIN. But this time... this time she was mourning for that second son of hers, Shinhyuk~the one who's been so close to her all her life and yet so distant.

Thus, she fearfully asked her 'son,' like holding her breath. "Are you really... Kanghyuk?" OH BOY! Now tell me... WHAT IS SHE SUPPOSED TO FEEL THEN? Isn't she supposed to celebrate... since this meant that her first son, the one she mourned for 20 years, and once again... her personal favorite... that son who was dead is now alive?

AND YET... this 'miraculous' NEWS came with a horrendous price: "Her second son's dead." Even as I write this, I cannot imagine how that must have felt like. And like Armanigurl said... this lady was amazing here... There was so much emotion in her, and yet they were all contained... Joy and love for Kanghyuk was there, I'm sure... but the horrible truth was just too overwhelming. During this scene... I wanted them both... mother and son... to hug each other so much to make up for the many years of separation. I knew Kanghyuk had longed to embrace her like that since the first day he saw her... and the mother, I felt she too wanted to hug this son for dear life, whom she had thought dead all these years... But there was the shaddow of Shinhyuk. The fact of this son being alive... meant the other one was dead... She just couldn't rejoice because of this.

And what was worse, was that she couldn't understand WHY Kanghyuk was doing this... and although this was the only time she has trully lost her son... Shinhyuk being the only son she really lost... she wasn't given the chance now to openly mourn for him. She had to do this in secret... This is what I like most about this lady. After all she's been through, she had the rights to know... so she could have demanded an explaination then and there... but her love prevailed, and she 'listened' to her son's pleading... of just trusting him blindly. Though she couldn't understand... she obeyed.

We all know her trial's not over, being married to the 'devil in disguise.' But when we fear... towards the end... that this final blow would be just too much for her to handle, and that she'd die of heart attack... we see her rising, like a towering queen, above the ashes... instead of crying in self-pity, she takes charge of the little she has left... waving her goodbye's to her son and silently apologyzing for not having been there for him before, when he needed her. Her final statement does summarize her heart... she really was going to live a good life, for her son... because this was the only way she could lessen the heavy burden from her son's shoulders... because she knew that ALL SHE WENT THROUGH was nothing compared to what he suffered.

Brilliant! you left no room for me to comment! you said it all...

or rather i'm a bit brain dead cos i just woke up from a deep sleep..

i remember that the best moment was when she asked him if he was kang hyuk... before that she was craddling shin hyuk's picture to her chest...

actually i just rewatched this scene last nite... and both mother and son's display was just top-notch...

she said she didn't have enough energy to kneel down and beg him for the truth....

he told her not to ask for the truth but wait for the truth to reveal when the time comes... while saying this he was on his knees crying..

that moment was really so heart-wrenching for both mother and child... the mother knew the truth at that moment just looking at her son's tears..

so sad.. my heart feels so heavy relieving all this... but prisc... keep this type of discussion going in... it's really interesting and opening up my interest.. i would like to further discuss this too, but i dunno if i am as perceptive as you girls... but i love reading your posts!

Hey Armanigurl..yeah you write cool stuff...

so u only think i stir up hunky threads eh?..well true ..the hunks 'stirred n shook ' me first anyway..

i thought i see u in Damo house coz i was/am a Damo Agent..

Well i got Ressurected i guess..

i am also hanging around in 'Wolf' now it seems..

inez... been a while since i've stirred up any hunky threads(if i did went to any, i'd always find u there :lol:).. after a while i got tired of going into a specific thread to just drop 'he's so hot' comments.. and fighting each other in one thread for one man.. haha.... that was fun but after a while cannot hold fort.. too many dangerous ladies..

i didn't know you were a damo agent... so shirley is ur commander? hehehe...

Oh my goodness i havent been here for a very long time.

I watched this drama when it aired on the KBS site; sadly-its no longer working for me anymore & clubbox is very annoying T.T

Anyways; my reaction to this drama.

The acting of the drama was very realisticly done; the female main character - Eunsuh- she didn't catch my drift as much even Jinwoo; but Uhm tae woong & the others- captured each of their characters tightly into their grasps.

This whole drama makes me fall in love with it more & more; even it has ended.

The lying; betrayal; death- it was all part of life; all part of a cycle.

The Cycle of life.

As each episode goes by; something always ends up slowly revealing it self with hidden images or hints; it makes the audience want more & the story more appealing.

The symbolism & images in this drama just blew me away; The Guernica by Picasso- i knew what that was about; but i never thought of it as a relation in this drama- only in the dice.

"The throwing of the dice mean destiny, one that cannot be reversed, or it can mean change. "

That's such an amazing meaning; how can it not be important?

This is my 2nd time watching it; & I feel like i don't even know the whole story.

As you watch this more & more often- there are many things yu end up catching & it makes you feel so into this drama; i love it. <3

this drama was the overall BEST ive seen from KBS; beside Choonhyang or Full house or A love to Kill; its so amazingly well made; this deserves so much more credit than it already has.

Guest LiLoLeLe

Started this drama and i'm at Eps 16, I can't watch til Tuesday because of exams. How I hate them... Im luving it so far tho...

Quick question...Anybody kno the name of the actor who plays park heesu/fake steven lee?

Guest bonababy

i'm happy, happy , happy .

According to X, the DVD director's cut will be release by the end of Dec.

No mention of having English Sub., but i'm assuming it will have. :D

I've completed watching this drama after hibernating in my room for many hours....

Wooo... what a drama!!!!!!! *lol*

This drama is awesome... its something like a quicksand where you'll be suck deeper into the drama as it goes on.

Betrayal, Deceiving & Forgiving complete this drama theme.

UTW makes such a complete actor in here^^

HJM - at first, I thought she's going to be another Son Yeh Jin(not much of a fan), but she proves me wrong. Fraile looking (the way she has her swollen eyes) but yet strong at her will & mindset & standing strong at the presence of 'Shin Hyuk".

GJW - a goodlooker.

SYH - pretty cool but she has a fix on her face??(I can't really stand to see her face for too long)

ppl who hasn't give a thought on this drama - you should!!!

Opps forget to add: the OST is a MUST to listen!!!

I've completed watching this drama after hibernating in my room for many hours....

Wooo... what a drama!!!!!!! *lol*

This drama is awesome... its something like a quicksand where you'll be suck deeper into the drama as it goes on.

Betrayal, Deceiving & Forgiving complete this drama theme.

UTW makes such a complete actor in here^^

HJM - at first, I thought she's going to be another Son Yeh Jin(not much of a fan), but she proves me wrong. Fraile looking (the way she has her swollen eyes) but yet strong at her will & mindset & standing strong at the presence of 'Shin Hyuk".

GJW - a goodlooker.

SYH - pretty cool but she has a fix on her face??(I can't really stand to see her face for too long)

ppl who hasn't give a thought on this drama - you should!!!

Opps forget to add: the OST is a MUST to listen!!!

OMG! seems like just only yesterday when u told me you bought the dvd... and now you've finished the series??? :o

and from the sound of your post, you sound overwelmed hehe... is that all you're gonna say?? :P

there must be more in your head... u just got to find a way to dig it all out :lol:

Archived