Guest sujukawaii

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest I_broke_a_nail!

he auditioned for DBSK and Super Junior but SM didnt pick him T.T

and i heard from my un nee when they train, they hit u T.T

well lemme say a few things...

lol imagine your oppa was in DBSK.. HOW WILD WOULD THAT BE? I practically love DBSK.. and if he was a member.. i would've been obsessed with him? (they should've chose your oppa over micky- no offense-- but i bet your oppa can represent his english)

THEY HIT YOU? oh my.. is that why jaejoong had some marks on his neck in one performance? :o and i thought they were hickeys!!

Omg if they hit super juniors and dbsk.. ANGRY!! :tongue2:

Yeah.. two of my closest friends left/are leaving me. One left last month and one is leaving next week to train at SM.. but i think they will become famous CRAZY fast because they both are already prima-donnas lol :phew:

Guest C4Y --Crazy 4 YeongSaeng--

well ... even if you do make it in, it doesnt mean you'll debut.

people have made it into SM, alot of people! there are probably over 100 trainees right now in SM, but they only debut you if they think you're good enough and will make a lot of money.

because when you train with them, its really long, hard, and it also costs alot i heard! so unless they think you are absolutly wonderful, you cant be 100% that you'll actually debut.

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

the chances of any of you making it to SM town is well, super SLIM (probably 1 in 100,000)

and even if you do succeed in becoming an artist, you will most likely be a one-hit wonder

if you are lucky, your popularity might even last up to a year

the korean music industry has a huge turnover rate

they are always looking for younger, more talented, more beautiful people

most korean artists never even get to make a 2nd album

on top of that, you'll get paid just enough to get by

and you will have wasted precious years of your life

moral of the story

stop chasing pipe dreams of becoming a korean pop star

make your parents proud and become a doctor/lawyer

^^

GASP* :tongue2: when one of them or us because famous... you'll regret it lol.

seriously WHAT'S THE POINT IN LIFE? you have one opportunity which is NOW... and if all else fails, the medical field is back up. but what's the point in life doing something you don't even wanna do?

]' date='Jul 6 2006, 07:20 PM' post='3044843']

well ... even if you do make it in, it doesnt mean you'll debut.

people have made it into SM, alot of people! there are probably over 100 trainees right now in SM, but they only debut you if they think you're good enough and will make a lot of money.

because when you train with them, its really long, hard, and it also costs alot i heard! so unless they think you are absolutly wonderful, you cant be 100% that you'll actually debut.

... yeah.. there's this one trainee in SM that was "rumors had it" that he was supposed to be super junior. AND LET ME TELL YOU.. he was a hottie..

i know looks aren't EVERYTHING but a small bunch of the people in Super junior don't have the talent or looks..

damn training with them, you have to give up school practically. i mean look at yoochun and jaejoong. they are high school drop outs.. but they are lucky because they are in a SUCCESSFUL band. but still... :mellow:

Guest Ella_Kwan

why do you guys want to get into SM so badly? aren't there other markets to break into? such as hollywood. Wouldn't you guys want to break into a more globally recongnized market ---> HOLLYWOOD.

The problem with Hollywood is that, it's really really hard for an asian artist; singer or actor to break through be/c not many roles are ment to be played by asians. BUT for SMtown, they allow not just koreans but other asians to fullfill the dreams... Other companys like EEG (Hong kong music label) & etc. doesnt do open audition like sm & if your not chinese, they they wont accpet you... & SM is the only chace some of us have.

OTHER NEWS!

DOES ANY1 KNOW WHEN AUDITIONS IN THE USA ARE GOING TO BE???? YOU THINK IT IS IN NEW YORK THIS THIS OR STILL L.A?

Guest shiwonlover

06 S.M. Entertainment AUDITION In Malaysia

This is arranged by Kpop Kingdom. We will announce the venue and time immediatly after we confirm. For those who are interested to apply, plz be ready and do check here regulary for updates. We will confirm the details urgently!!! Not neccesary to be Malaysian. Any Asians are welcomed! DO APPLY IF YOU WANT TO BE KPOP STAR!!!

THIS IS THE 1ST SM AUDTION IN SOUTH EAST ASIA!!! DONT MISS THE CHANCE! TRY!!!

S.M. Entertainment, the label responsible for discovering and bringing out to Asia the likes of BoA, KANGTA, TVXQ, TSZX, Super Junior, TRAX, BlackBeat, Yoo Young Jin, H.O.T., S.E.S., SHINHWA, FlytotheSky, DANA, Chu Ka Yul, Ara, Lee Yeon Hee, Park Heebon, and other prominent artists, actors, and comedians, will be holding the 06's S.M. Entertainment AUDITION. Set to open in Malaysia on July 15, 2006 06's S.M. Entertainment AUDITION will commence until the end of the year touring the U.S., Canada, China, Taiwan, and Thailand. S.M. Entertainment is primarily searching for all Asian talents as well as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and those selected in the audition will be given the opportunity to represent Asia on the global stage.

We hope to see a lot interest and participation from those who dream of being elite stars of Asia as we open 06's Entertainment AUDITION in Malaysia.

- Applicable Groups

Singer, Film Actor, TV Actor, Model

- Requirements

Any Asians (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc) may participate without any limits to age or sex.

- Audition Term

July 7, 2006 ~ July 14, 2006 (Applicants may directly apply at the door.)

- Audition Method

* E-mail Application : 2006SM@smtown.com

* Direct Application: Applicants may directly come to the audition location and apply.

(There is no audition charge at all for any applicants.)

* Information to include in the E-mail application.

1. Name / Sex

2. Nationality

3. Category being applied for

4. School / Year

5. Contact Information (1) Phone (2) E-mail (3) Homepage

6. Address

7. Miscellaneous Information

8. Attached picture file

- Time and Location

Date: Saturday, July 15, 2006

Time and Location: To Be Announced

- Audition Preparation Information

1. Singer ? A cappella, no microphone, cover or original songs all possible

2. Dance ? Freestyle dance, CD to be brought by the applicant

3. Actor ? Impromptu acting, memorized script to be prepared by applicant

4. Model (CF Model) ? Free posing

* Audition Inquiry Contact

2006sm_help@smtown.com

* Any expenses of the audition or entertainment activity will be covered 100% by S.M. and no personal fees will ever be charged on the applicants or those selected from the audition.

* S.M. Entertainment will try to offer exclusive contracts for as many selected applicants as possible.

c: smtown + Pinky FangTa @ Kpop Kingdom

credits to the foolishways fourm

soo i guess u dont ahve to be korean japanese or chinses YEAHHHH

Guest Storytime

Basically, as long as you're Asian, you fulfill the requirements for auditioning. I hope auditions in the US are in New York. <_<

Guest yArr0w

does anybody know when the next auditions for sm will be? i really want to get into the korean mraket hehe i've been practicing my singing for a long time so i can audition for these things but the last audition they had here and it was that jyp superstar survival and it was a tv show so -0-.. if sm has a audition in cali next time i think i'll try out i mean its not hard to try you know? but the thing i dont get is this what does this mean in the audition form

- Audition Preparation Information

1. Singer ? A cappella, no microphone, cover or original songs all possible

2. Dance ? Freestyle dance, CD to be brought by the applicant

3. Actor ? Impromptu acting, memorized script to be prepared by applicant

4. Model (CF Model) ? Free posing

like do you have to do all of that when you try out?

nope..

went to the sm webby, it means if u want to sing during the audition, then u have to acapella without mic..

those just means that u have to follow the rules during audition if u choose to become a singer/dancer/actor/model..

yapp..just to help :P

Guest lowdown4155

random question..but I've always wondered if the trainee had to pay after they get accepted. For SM academy or w/e other classes or training stuff they have to attend. And if so, how much?

I've been told that the company will invest money in you, which means that the company pays for all of the upfront costs of training you. They also give you an allowance and money to cover your living expenses. However, once you debut, you have to start paying the money your company invested in you back. Which means, that you don't really profit from the money you earn until you have payed your company back.

So, basically they pretty much own you :ph34r: .

But if you're really talented, this shouldn't be a problem because you'll most likely be popular enough to cover that cost and earn enough money that you'll be able to keep.

Edit -

Also! Don't let money be the motivation of your wanting to enter the entertainment biz. I heard it's really hard to make alot of money unless you reach Boa, hyori or shg's status.

Guest chibi_hikari115

I have been thinking about trying out for SM for the past half year and i've never done something about it. I really want to get a camcorder that can put stuff on the computer so I can send it to them. I keep on worrying that they might reject me cause I'm not skinny like the asian starts these days. (I'm not fat, but I'm not stick skinny). Does appearence really count that much? I mean I can just go on a diet and shed some pounds.

Well, I really want to send an audition e-mail hopefully in this month.

I was wondering how many songs should I send? I can sing in 3 languages, and I have different singing voices (yeah, it's weird. I got the low american hip-hop voice, and the high asian voice).

I would love to hear back from people who tried audition through e-mail, that would help out a lot.

BTW, if I get in through e-mail, how will I go and meet the SM people in person. Do I have to fly there, or are they gonna fly to the US <--where I live.

the truth is that if u get in SMtown doesnt mean u will become a singer anytime soon

cuz thats how they are

@clutzyshell: well...its not that my oppa is not good or anything but im mad for him bcuz Xiah didnt audition and SM pick him for DBSK. and SuJu there are 12 guys...cna my oppa get a spot...Shin Dong shouldnt be in SuJu >.< u shouldnt say too many good words for SMtown cuz the truth is that its not a good place...good luck for friends i hope they debut soon

>.<

Guest jinjooshii

the truth is that if u get in SMtown doesnt mean u will become a singer anytime soon

cuz thats how they are

@clutzyshell: well...its not that my oppa is not good or anything but im mad for him bcuz Xiah didnt audition and SM pick him for DBSK. and SuJu there are 12 guys...cna my oppa get a spot...Shin Dong shouldnt be in SuJu >.< u shouldnt say too many good words for SMtown cuz the truth is that its not a good place...good luck for friends i hope they debut soon

>.<

Xiah did audtion. And i heard everybody thinkgs Shin Dong shouldnt be in SJ bc hes fat and cant sing..well thats not true bc my friends said hes not all that fat in real life i camera just makes in 10x bigger then what he is

Guest baybiifusion

cuz thats how they are

>.<

i actually think that Shin Dong deserves to be in SuJu (not that your oppa doesnt)

even though he hardly has any parts.

it's because SM are giving ppl like him who arent as good-looking as others

a chance to show to others, that he has talent and he does,

he can dance better than most of us.

you never know SM might be up to something again

and preparing for something bigger and better,

that might be your oppa's lucky day.

just think that it's your oppa's the lucky one,

he's still training and when he debuts, he'll be more prepared.

PS good luck to those who are goin to the auditon! =]

Guest Cee1430262309

OMG Are you serious??? 0_0 They'll be touring everywhere? Canada too??? omoo I never expected them to come to Canada since we're basically nothing (no offence to canadians, cause I'm one too) Woahhh *hyper* I'm soo ready for them now hehe and the fact that any asian can enter, that's totally awesome! I'm guessing they will be in Vancouver since alot of asians live there. If they come to Toronto then that will be easy for me, 2-3 hours of drive :D

Thanks for posting the information!

well im not saying anything i know shin dong dances very good...im just mad for my oppa...

Xiah did audition to be in SMtown not to be in DBSK

im talking about audition for DBSK

my oppa quit in april

after 7 yrs he knows SM is not that easy >.<

im just going to audition for Smtown for fun..i dun really like how Smtown works >.<

Guest mimitruong

why do you guys want to get into SM so badly? aren't there other markets to break into? such as hollywood. Wouldn't you guys want to break into a more globally recongnized market ---> HOLLYWOOD.

sm = competing against other asians to break into the asian market then going global

hollywood = competing against people like lindsay lohan and nicole richie to break it into the US full of so much diversity

Archived