Auditions for SM

Guest sujukawaii

Guest sae-ri

i think it's too late for me to audtion in SM because I'm 20 and I need to finish my College. Well, I still want to try if ever they have another audition hehe.. But When I think about it, I'm getting nervous and hesitant because I'm a Filipino and don't speak korean fluently.. but as they say.. pursue your dreams! give it a try! well.. good luck to us! :rolleyes:

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest fanturntable

i was just wondering..has anyone ever gone to korea and auditioned for sm before? i just wanted to know coz i might be goin over to korea at the end of the year and i was just curious about how they hold their auditions and what you need to prepare.

i did.

but i had a different type of audition so i guess that wont really help =(

been reading a few pages, just wanna say good luck to everyone whos auditioning, i hope you make it!!!!

i'll be audtioning too so we can see each other there when we make it! [lol. thinking too much ahead]

btw, has anyone whos posted here before [ive noticed this thread dates to way back^^] actually had a provate audition held for them? i just wanna know what its like ^^

hmm, im a mix chinese, japanese and filo ^^ [sadly not korean but proud nonetheless]

Guest sungiebaby637

wut! they only look for chinese (only mandarin speakers) they dont take cantonese speakers?

but do they care about the age thou its seem like they r strict about the age limits?

Guest glamchicdiva

i'm 16, n i'm chinese, but i was born n raised in indonesia. but i cant speak fluent chinese, only a bit. i wonder if sm would accept me (if i have talents, that is)

btw, i saw in SM's offical website that they held auditions every saturday at 3:00 p.m. n they said we dun have to prepare anything. im a bit confused though.

Guest mjboa

i think it's too late for me to audtion in SM because I'm 20 and I need to finish my College. Well, I still want to try if ever they have another audition hehe.. But When I think about it, I'm getting nervous and hesitant because I'm a Filipino and don't speak korean fluently.. but as they say.. pursue your dreams! give it a try! well.. good luck to us! :rolleyes:

^ hi there! i have a filipino friend (female. i call her "omma" coz she's like a mom to me <33) who's still in the Philippines and her age is 22. and she's been dreaming of becoming a korean singer under SM Ent. since 2000! she just couldn't go to korea coz her parents couldn't allow her. i dunno why... T___T poor mommy... anyway, even if ur still 20 or even 27 or 28 u can still audition at SM. i had a friend who auditioned at SM through SM Academy (but it was called Star Academy years ago) and she said that there's an SM trainee there whose age is 25 and is a new trainee. so yeah! pursue your dreams! fighting!

and i believe that all of us should run and fight for our dreams! ^o^

Guest SophiaSan

mandarin speakers? i think its because mandarin is the language mainly spoken by chinese so yeah. 4 or 5years ago? how old were you then? sory for asking

THAT'S TRUE!

when i auditioned, they didn't like me because i couldn't speak fluent mandarin.

hAHAHAhah

Guest sae-ri

mjboa: oh i see.... okei! I'll finish College and I'll try for the audition! hahaha... thanks for that! really... ^__^ and say hi to your friend for me if you have the chance to talk with her.. hehe... and you're right! we should all purse our dreams no matter what happen... weee... fighting!!!

Guest glamchicdiva

i wonder if we have a member here who is a trainee. anyone knows? it'll be wonderful if we can ask her/him.

• 2 years later...
Guest AyaDoll

Does SM have any non-korean trainees or artist

not encluding Hankyung,henry,zhou

Someone japanese or filipino or something

Guest BendyStraw

^ yeah, Isak`s mixed; half Korean, half German

she's not german. she was born in germany but her father is american, i believe her father was in the military and was stationed there...

anyways, anyone can audition no matter what age or ethnicity. however, they host the auditions looking for a certain type of person to begin with, if you're not quite what they're looking for, you need to be beyond amazing. right now, i think they're still looking for young Chinese talent, male or female.

Guest annexz05

i wonder if we have a member here who is a trainee. anyone knows? it'll be wonderful if we can ask her/him.

Even if we do which we most likely do

they are not allow to tell us anything

Hi! I was wondering, If you were 1/4Korean,

3/4 white, would they even consider you?

What if you spoke fluent korean?

I'm a fourth korean, but everyone says i look just

like my mom, who is 1/2.

so im wondering if being a 1/4 is not enough :unsure:

i'm not sure..... but i think it's enough. as long as you have some asian blood in you, you're fine ^^

and you could pass for somebody that is at least 1/2 :)

as long as you have talent (and some good looks i guess :D)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ZOMGITzHibari

so let's say ur Vietnamese. FULL vietnamese. but u can speak & sing in Korean, Chinese, or Japanese. Would they let u in? o__O

Does SM have any non-korean trainees or artist

not encluding Hankyung,henry,zhou

Someone japanese or filipino or something

there's zhang li yin

the famous r & b singer taking over asia XD

(and my heart)

but she's chinese too o.O''

I BETTER LEARN MANDARIN!!! MY DREAM DEPENDS ON IT!!!!

i swear during the summer im gonna lik HARD-CORE mandarin school...uh... lost my trait of thought.

BUT WTVR, IM GONNA GO TO CHINESE SCHOOL OVER THE SUMMER! YAAAHHH!!!

For the Korean Auditions,

You will stand outside the SM Building until they let you in at 3 PM (sometimes earlier)

Then they sit in the stage room and wait for your groups turn, then you go upstairs to the audition room and make your audition.

Thats how it works.

Basically, once your turn comes up you do it, no introduction no song name, just sing.

Guest greenteadrinker

For the Korean Auditions,

You will stand outside the SM Building until they let you in at 3 PM (sometimes earlier)

Then they sit in the stage room and wait for your groups turn, then you go upstairs to the audition room and make your audition.

Thats how it works.

Basically, once your turn comes up you do it, no introduction no song name, just sing.

Thanks!

It's ok for a non-Korean to audition there right?

Guest DreamGirlz

I'm Chinese a little bit and I can't speak Chinese too.

Just kidding haha~

I think it's not true,Don't afriad.

• 1 month later...
Guest wHiteLie_18

i'm also filipino and i look kinda chinese.

i'm tanned.but kinda yellowish. hoho. all asians can join the sm auditions.

Guest pokingpineapples

i think everyone should stop asking "what do they accept?" and just DO it. don't limit yourselves like that. the main reason why it seems like there are only korean and chinese ppl in SM is because those are the groups that try out for it mostly. that doesn't mean that it's the only thing that SM is looking for tho. ethnicity and language are important but even more important that those are the will to succeed and talent. SM is obviously not going to waste time on someone who is lazy and out of tune even if they are korean, but they might take a chance on a caucasian who works really hard and sings like mariah carey.

stop worrying about requirements or whatever and just go out there and pursue your dreams.

Archived