Auditions for SM

Guest sujukawaii

Guest sujukawaii

Is it true that you have to be only Korean, Chinese, and Japanese to g
I heard for auditions for SM you can only be Chinese, Korean, and Japanese.

Is that true?

And what's the age limit to apply?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

i'm not sure about if you HAVE to be umm...asian to audition...but everybody is asian there..so i guess it be best if you are too^^ and sm likes people who's young because they think that they'll work extra harder..so younger the better... but mostly there all about 15-20^^ from what i 've noticed^^

hope i helped^^

Guest 41120

I don't think there is an age limit but if your over 25 your chances of getting in will probably be close to none. They probably prefer people from 13 to 18 years old. SM is mainly looking for Korean & Chinese kids. You need to be Asian, obviously. What would they do with a Caucasian person? ^^

Guest Ella_Kwan

I was reading the audition requirements when they were in LA in like April & they said korean or chinese but Sm wants japaneses also. There age limit is 21, i'm not sure if that 21 korean age but i'm pretty sure it is tho.

I wouldn't say they would reject you be/c of that, it's that SM wants to expane to asian nations & the Philpinese (sp?) is a asian nation & you would be the first of the filpinos... ALTHOUGH isn't it that filinos knows how to speak spanish & chinese? be/c the ones i know speak both.

BUT I say dont give up no matter what & go for it, be/c u don't no unless you try... :)

hope this helped... :)

Guest Ella_Kwan

i dont know why they didnt say janpaneses like officaly but the company itself wants japanese people... BUT i guess it's that since they now have experiance with the chinese maeket be/c of suju's hankyung (he's chinese)... so maybe thats why... :)

Guest jasmine_korea

Im one of the non korean ppl who wants to get to SM and actually thinking about their limits(not the age limit) is driving me crazy. I was in korea for 3 years and in those years i got some propose for modeling and i did it once. And i still want to get in korean market but im so afraid of if they don't accept me ceuse its more than just an audition to me.

well i think if you look chinese it doesn't matter at least you look asian, im a middle eastern girl (iranian).I think your chance in ethnicity is more than me.

My case is so different from all of the ppl who wants to audition.

Guest Ella_Kwan

^ I think that you should keep on modeling or find a gateway for yourself to break in to the korean market then onceyour big, go to smtown & do music be/c by then they can't deny you be/c you got celeb. status... You'll be there first iranian that broke into the korean market... :) NOTHING is impossible... :)

Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

sorry to change the subject about that question...well it's still about sm...um are they having an sm audition in LA this year???? cause i haven't heard of any...i hope they do!!!~~~

Guest Ella_Kwan

I think they are done with because the audition was in April... sorry... maybe next year or you can send a vid.?

WOW I LIKE SERIOULY LIVE IN THIS THREAD! LOL!

Guest xkiseki

i auditioned for SM once like 4-5 years ago? they do onmly look for japanese, krn or chines. but for chinese, only mandarin speakers, no toher dialect. mahybe things have changed since then?

Guest pillowbox

mandarin speakers? i think its because mandarin is the language mainly spoken by chinese so yeah. 4 or 5years ago? how old were you then? sory for asking

Guest jasmine_korea

they do only look for japanese, krn or chines. but for chinese, only mandarin speakers, no toher dialect.

:tears: thats why i got so dissapointed since i know they only look for eastern asian ppl. I mean there was no exception till now.

Guest sweetddalki

It depends what you want to do within SM

If you want to be a singer they might take you if you're good enough

Or trainable enough

And hey, maybe you can be their US project...

You never know.

Don't be doubtful

It doesn't hurt to try

But it's best if you speak a bit of Korean

Just for overall purposes

Guest hanzo_cloud

smtown is a korean company hence the obvoius.. look for koreans..

they have only recently expanded and tried to look for chinese singers .. bcoz they wanna tap into the huge chinese market..

its all about money...

Guest StylishAzNx07

To audition I don't think you have to be korean, but you pretty much have to b asian.

To actually b ACCEPTED in I'm pretty sure you have to b korean though...

Guest joongie;love

Ehh i wanna be in SM, even though i heard negative things about it.

Im Chinese, mixed with 1/8 Timorese XD

Dont Sm like bilingual people aswell ?

Such as Brian, even though he's not with SM anymore ?

Err, Micky's English is questionable XD

Guest she-smiles

so far, everyone in sm is either korean or chinese. right? do correct me if i'm wrong. =)

but, i think the only chinese person in sm is hangeng from super junior.

i don't think there is even a japanese person in there. at least not yet. =S

also, what about isak n jiyeon? isak is mixed, right? <--- i'm not sure about that either.

and i'm sure if you're bilingual... or if you can speak more 2 languages... then more props to you. sm loves that.

anywho.

i'm not quite sure about the requirements of joining sm. i mean, it's not like i'm one of them... so, i wouldn't know. haha.

but, you probably have to be asian. and since isak is (mixed)??? then i guess you can be mixed too. lol. i don't think being korean, chinese, or japanese is a requirement. but... maybe it's recommended. =)

Archived