Auditions for SM

Guest sujukawaii

Guest sekai_jr

Just try it guys

I'm the one who try my best to audition too...even i never get contact back or something <_<

i'm Thai..but live in Japan so I can speak Thai ,Eng and Japanese. i mostly sing Japanese . So i cover lots of Japanese songs.

Well, i'm planning to send out my Demo tape to thoese japanese and Korean companies....

Anyway....just keep doing and don't give up..that's all^^

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest driftwood023

Hmm..how about other Asians (who aren't Kor/japanese/Chi) who can speak Korean and English? What are their chances? XD

Are there other ents that accept non-East Asians? ^^;

Guest shimchangmin

i want to be in sm! i want to know all those sm people it will be soo cool! yeah i am hmong probally an asian nationality you had never heard of before......

i feel unwanted

Guest Cee1430262309

^ hey, don't say that. Maybe the next thing you know, you'll be as big as BoA hehe

SM is such a big company that it scares me o_0 I want to audition too but the only problem is that I don't know korean :sweat: Only a few words and phrases. I'm willing to learn though. It's on my "to do" list. Chances of me getting accepted without knowing the prior language is slim, don't you think? Plus, I'm not korean, nor japanese or chinese but I'm asian. Any advice anyone?

Guest anna*

hey im really new to this.

i was just wondering, wat bout koreans who live in australia? is there a chance for us? and can anyone give me the address so i can send a demo =)

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

Um, I speak fluent korean and english, because I was born in Korea, but brought up in the US. I also know how to pop and break dance. My singing is okay, not brilliant, but pretty good too (I'm a tenor range). Think I have a chance?

well everyone has a chance... but

well.. you have a BIG chance. go tryyy! if you are as good as you say you are, i wouldn't be surprised to see you in the next boy band. i might be going to your concert saying I LOVE YOUU SHIFTELEMENT!!!

i heard that SM started to take sum other ppl that r not korean , japanese or chi...i dunno if its true

my un nee told me about it

YUP. personally-- i think you need to know the korean language though. how would you speak to your trainers and trainees if you didn't?

yeah-- the chinese member thing is a small craze now. they want to expand to chinese entertainment. so they think if they get some chinese people singing korean and chinese songs.. they would dominate that area as well.

kpop is slowly expanding into a monster (a good one)

Guest angelwingerz

I want to try to get into SM too. I'm planning to audition right after highschool which is this year. I hope I'm not too old because I'll be 17 when I try out. I'm not Korean either, bit I'm still asian. I'm also trying to learn Korean.

My Korean penpal found some info on SM online and he said that the SM in Korea had 3 stages of auditions. Not sure about e-mail auditions and stuff. Well, for the first audition, they judge you on 30% singing, 30% dancing, and 40% on looks. It's not suprising... The other auditions are just for seeing how well you train and stuff. Not quite sure...

Guest Ella_Kwan

My Korean penpal found some info on SM online and he said that the SM in Korea had 3 stages of auditions. Not sure about e-mail auditions and stuff. Well, for the first audition, they judge you on 30% singing, 30% dancing, and 40% on looks. It's not suprising... The other auditions are just for seeing how well you train and stuff. Not quite sure...

Really? Cool! I hope you make it!!!

GUYS! I'M GOING TO SMTOWN THIS SUMMER BUT when i get there i have NO CLUE what to say to get an audition. I'm NOT KOREAN. I'm Chinese & Proud! But i speak little korean, I'M LEARNING NOW FOR A COUPLE MONTHS NOW, DOES ANY1 KNOW if i can SPEAK in ENGLISH & get a audition that way? & SING IN ENGLISH?

My "Resume"

- Did all the plays (All where Musicals) throught out my Jr. & Sr. years in H.S & got LEAD in every single one.

- Was ranked #2 for class vocalist for my Sr. class. My friend Cari<33 was #1, i voted for her too. :D

- Got accpeted to "AMAS" a privite musical thearter program. Where i get training from Broadway actors &

singer, etc. Then we put on a broadway show, off broadway for 2 weeks. You have to audition.

- Got accpeted to NYC All City Chours. It's the kids you see on tv standing/singing in the backround, when ever the city/mayor does something or has a speech. You have to audition.

- I'm a Alto Beltter (sp?) That means i can hold my notes for a long time & them being very clear & loud. Like Idina Menzel from Rent & Wicked.

All of this is through out my Sr & Jr year. Which is 2005-2006... I'm 17 now but consider 19 there, hmm... Lets SAY your SMTOWN, how would you view me as?

BTW I'M CHINESE, SO I CANT DANCE FOR MY LIFE! LOL! NO FREESTYLE FOR ME BUT LEARNING STEP BY STEP & JUST MOVING MY BODY, I'M FINE. LOL... (NOT SAYING ALL CHINESES PPL CANT DANCE, IT'S A JOKE. NOT MY DANCING THO.! LOL! :P)

NEVER SAY DIE! WE ALL WILL MAKE IT! :D

I wouldn't think they would limit the nationality. That's just plain rude. But usually, it's the Asian people, that's why. And the age, I don't think matters, either. It all looks likes it matters because that's the normal thing, but it's not always good to be normal and blend in.

Guest _ShiKAndA_

i wanted to try to audition for sm but--- after reading all the replies-- GAH i dont think i wanna try

i cant really dance either haha-- yeah if i learn the steps then im fine-- but im not really creative

so screw the freestyle!! looks, thats so mean

ima audition for SM this summer but i cant be in KOrea so ima audition by mail

also i will audition for other entertainments too

just in case i fail for sm

hahaha

Guest xsnowangelx

interesting.. i never new that SM actually look for chinese and japanese kids too... i actually thought they only look for koreans since they are a korean company you no? buh after reading the posts in here.. im surprised and has a slight hope to try an audition for them.. buh dammit.. my age limit is getting close <_< dun dink i'll make it *sigh* o wells.. buh interestin to noe ! xD

Guest m1ckyy_yoochun

I think they are done with because the audition was in April... sorry... maybe next year or you can send a vid.?

WOW I LIKE SERIOULY LIVE IN THIS THREAD! LOL!

oh they had an audition in LA in April this year?????? :o:blink:

Guest Ella_Kwan

Yep ^! GUYS!! NO MORE AUDITIONS IN THE STATES ANYMORE BE/C THEY HAD THEM ALREADY.

NEXT BEST THING TO DO IS SEND A VID. :)

Guest kOoHII

yea essentially...it's not a set rule but it's pretty much a given. i believe you must be at least half korean/chinese/japanese...

Guest JooLee

HAHAHHAA i wanna audition!! too bad i dont have the singing skills kekekek ^___^ but i do wanna be a back up dancer... how freakin cool would that be??? ^0^

Guest reszh-uno

what if ur onLY partly chinese?? im a haLF fil and half chinese but i dont know how to speak chinese.. i can understand a LiL! same with japanese..

Archived