Auditions for SM

Guest sujukawaii

Guest Hoii

...Well what if SM holds auditions in america..then what?

If it is in America, anyone can GO to the auditions and TRY, but like people have been saying before, if you're not asian, you probably won't make it, because of the demographics and all. They're looking for asians. They wouldn't write that on there if they were looking for other types of people. Sounds blunt, but thats the industry.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest baybiifusion

If it is in America, anyone can GO to the auditions and TRY, but like people have been saying before, if you're not asian, you probably won't make it, because of the demographics and all. They're looking for asians. They wouldn't write that on there if they were looking for other types of people. Sounds blunt, but thats the industry.

it's not that you won't make it, hands down 100%

but people who aren't asian wont have a greater chance like an asian would.

like everyone else is saying STILL GO TRY!

Guest tokyohoney

what parts of the USA do they come to?d they come to LA alot but my parents wont let me fly that far to audition.. TT___TT i live in NY. du they come to NY to scout people?

Guest Storytime

Actually, IMO, I don't find that rule racist at all. :blink: Just like Asians don't have a great chance entering the US Market, it's rare to find other races entering the Asian Market. Think about it this way, just how many Asians have auditioned for Hollywood and etc. but haven't made it. There's a very slim chance, even for a person with a lot of talent, simply because it's extremely difficult for an Asian singer to break through into the market. If this holds true, then why would SM invest in someone who has a little chance of success? I'm not trying to offend anyone or anything, but that's the way it goes. :vicx:

Guest baybiifusion

what parts of the USA do they come to?d they come to LA alot but my parents wont let me fly that far to audition.. TT___TT i live in NY. du they come to NY to scout people?

if you audition via email or mail and they think you're hella good

they might get LSM himself to come himself, that's if you're hella good that is. ^_^

if they think you're good, they organise an audition for you

in a place that is convenient for you.

if you wanna audition for the upcoming one in the US,

you have no choice but to go audition where they are going to hold it

if you can't bad luck >..<

Guest chim'yuan

hmmm....

this July 15th in Malaysia there is a SM audition held here....

But I will just go for gaining some experiences.. hehe... I m Chinese.. so hopefully there will not much problem...

Guest Ella_Kwan

Has Any1 ever been to a SMTown Audition? HOW DO YOU EVER GET AN APPOINTMENT WITH THEM? DOES ANY 1 KNOW? I REALLY NEED THIS ANSWERED! PLEASE & THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

BTW to tokyohoney

Like i sais be4, it's most-likely they WILL DEF. BE IN NY THIS TIME MAYBE IN SEPT.

HELP GUYS!!!!!!!! :D

Guest Addy

Does anyone have any clue where the auditions are going to be held in Canada or US? If they do when?

Thx's in advance!

Guest baybiifusion

Does anyone have any clue where the auditions are going to be held in Canada or US? If they do when?

Thx's in advance!

nope.

no one does just yet.

SM will tell you when it's close to the audition date.

Guest ulynn

hmm.

i really want to audition. but i dont really think companies take email auditions that srsly.

i dont really sing that well but i used to be in the sch choir,

been dancing at the age of 4 and had a dance tv show

do you think i'll make it. im full chinese.

and i really like sm too.

hahaha

im in sg and i cant go down to msia to audition as i still have sch that week. =((

Guest baybiifusion

hmm.

i really want to audition. but i dont really think companies take email auditions that srsly.

i dont really sing that well but i used to be in the sch choir,

been dancing at the age of 4 and had a dance tv show

do you think i'll make it. im full chinese.

and i really like sm too.

hahaha

im in sg and i cant go down to msia to audition as i still have sch that week. =((

try email first then if you get no reply

try again but send in a demo.

since you're chinese of course you have a greater chance

than those who aren't either chinese, korean or japanese =]

Guest Victoria

im half filipino and half chinese..i can speak english, filipino, chinese and a little korean.

i can read korean and write but not perfectly. maybe i can pass as an extra. lol.

Guest apple-snapple-YUM

Has Any1 ever been to a SMTown Audition? HOW DO YOU EVER GET AN APPOINTMENT WITH THEM? DOES ANY 1 KNOW? I REALLY NEED THIS ANSWERED! PLEASE & THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

BTW to tokyohoney

Like i sais be4, it's most-likely they WILL DEF. BE IN NY THIS TIME MAYBE IN SEPT.

HELP GUYS!!!!!!!! :D

you could make an appoinment with them

in other words, a private one with the judges- that should give you more chances of making it in too

but you could also just go there on the certain days they allow ppl to audition

Guest baybiifusion

in other words, a private one with the judges- that should give you more chances of making it in too

that is true.

going to an open audition, will give you

a greater chance of getting into SM

^Yup Yup!

I think that's so messed up for any company to do that

It just aches me so much.

I think most companies are like that.

Even when foreigners visit to popular places in Korea, they get a lot of glares and insults. Heck, if you even speak English you get insults. A foreigner trying to enter the Korean industry in Korea - they're definitely going to get a LOT of bashing, regardless of their talent.

And I think it's pretty much the same in the US, too.

Guest Ella_Kwan

that is true.

going to an open audition, will give you

a greater chance of getting into SM

Really??? WELL THANK YOU GUYS SOO MUCH!!!!!!! But i'm a chinese american, my chances might be lowered... :( it's all good tho. THANK YOU ANY WAYS!!!!!!!!!!

Guest repeat_on_echo

the truth is that if u get in SMtown doesnt mean u will become a singer anytime soon

cuz thats how they are

@clutzyshell: well...its not that my oppa is not good or anything but im mad for him bcuz Xiah didnt audition and SM pick him for DBSK. and SuJu there are 12 guys...cna my oppa get a spot...Shin Dong shouldnt be in SuJu >.< u shouldnt say too many good words for SMtown cuz the truth is that its not a good place...good luck for friends i hope they debut soon

>.<

Just cuz Shin Dong isn't the BEST LOOKING GUY in the world, doesn't mean you should say that. Yeah, I understand you're mad cuz ur brother didn't make it in, but look at Xiah, he has a lot of talent. And some guys in Suju aren't that good looking either but they have talent.

At least, SHIN DONG CAN DANCE!!!!!

Guest repeat_on_echo

im half filipino and half chinese..i can speak english, filipino, chinese and a little korean.

i can read korean and write but not perfectly. maybe i can pass as an extra. lol.

well they excepeted hankyung and he didn't know korean. i think they teach you. you should try to audition. Fighting!!! <33

Archived